@getdjmac: Open letter to the Canadian government, Members of Parliament
    A Letter To Members of The Canadian Parliament About BlackBerry | pfcsystems
    Regarding the sale of BlackBerry @pmharper @tonyClement

Posted via CB10
    nicky devriese and pbfan like this.
    10-23-13 03:19 AM
    In the end the Canadian government will have to do what ever or watch Blackberry's value go to nothing.
    10-23-13 06:17 AM
    Wake up canada!!!!!!!!!
    They want to steal the best company in the world
    10-23-13 06:48 AM
    Hellooo!!! Over a year ago, i posted on this forum that the Canadian Govt. would NOT stop the sale of BB to ANYONE, if the money was right. I was slammed by the bb fanboys back then. How's everything working out, now?
    10-23-13 07:00 AM
    Well at least all of them will get a good laugh today.
    10-23-13 07:53 AM
    Sorry but this letter is all over the place. First it is America and the American media's and Wall Streets fault that Canadians are abandoning the platform and the markets only support American companies (even though that has been shown to be wrong countless times, and in truth the markets simply back what will make the elite money). What is sad is that it basically states that Canadians are easily swayed by US influence and can't form their own opinion and the Government must do something because the people can't be trusted.

Second is a conspiracy basically by a Canadian owned Investment firm colluding with company to intentionally tank the stock value, which I actually think is plausible, but the events of this point really would be the cause what is claimed is the issue in number 1. So if the company is intentionally tanking the stock, and has been executing poorly on purpose, then how is this in anyway America's fault? This would imply a Canadian bred, Waterloo and BlackBerry management conspiracy to defraud investors, and the stock market, and the Canadian smartphone buyer are simply abandoning a company that can't execute or deliver. The markets have seen poor performance and execution and responded appropriately.

Third it claims that BlackBerry needs to change its business model to license out BB10 for India and China penetration (pretty sure they have tried and no one wants BB10 when they can get Android, which is in demand for free). Transition to software as a service, etc. Which they are doing but that is where it goes to the final point.....

Finally it is stated that BlackBerry has a proven business model, which counters the third item mentioned in the previous point where it states they must change the business model, and obviously is not true otherwise the company would not need to be looking for a buyer and in such a CF of a position. What a mess.

So basically "I got burnt on the stock because the company's management is inept and/or crooked, the media has reported all these missteps, the markets have responded according tanking my stock value, I love BlackBerry, and the Government must bail me out and save what I love".
    oilgeo10, Etios, techvisor and 3 others like this.
    10-23-13 09:43 AM
    So basically "I got burnt on the stock because the company's management is inept and/or crooked, the media has reported all these missteps, the markets have responded according tanking my stock value, I love BlackBerry, and the Government must bail me out and save what I love".
    The only part you forgot to mention was that BB isn't in debt or out of money; they're sitting on a pile of cash. If cash was their need and would solve their problems, BB would be good to go. Since that's not the problem, the Canadian government dumping taxpayer dollars into the company only puts those dollars at risk without doing much if anything to solve BB's problems.

The guy who wrote this "open letter" is living in his own little BB bubble, and as you said, likely lost a bunch of money on the stock by investing based on emotion instead of logic and reason, and now he's looking for someone to blame and someone to save him.

It's going to be a harsh lesson for him to learn the world doesn't work that way, but he'll probably choose not to learn it, and instead continue to be bitter and blame others for his mistakes.
    richardat likes this.
    10-27-13 02:42 PM
    https://t.co/OO24sXdps2
    #Canada has the next #AvrowArrow on the horizon, will the allow it to happen or simply complain for the next 40 years

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 04:44 AM
    The other side of the coin is that the guy who wrote these letters is actually expressing his opinion to the grater world. Not simply going back and forth with the exact same 50 or so people that have always believed they have all the answers here in CB.
    Speaking before there's nothing to be said is a worthwhile cause. Weather the genius inside CB believe it or not.
    As far as I can see he's not hiding anything. Like the fact he's an investor.
    Americans are the first to call foul. Like their government never support industry. Ahem, the US militaries #1 mission.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dapper37; 10-28-13 at 05:28 AM.
    10-28-13 04:46 AM
    Anytime I see the words "Open Letter", my first thought is some person thinks they have all the answers. This person not only doesn't have all the answers, he talks about a company as if it were an animate thing. It's not. It's a company. An organization formed to make money.
    10-28-13 07:55 AM
    Anytime I see the words "Open Letter", my first thought is some person thinks they have all the answers. This person not only doesn't have all the answers, he talks about a company as if it were an animate thing. It's not. It's a company. An organization formed to make money.
    Funny. You also tend to Sound like you have all the answers. We all know you don't. If someone has the courage to step outside the walls of CB and take a stand
    I commend them. You can keep whining within your protected walls.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dapper37; 10-28-13 at 11:37 AM.
    10-28-13 08:53 AM
    You would think sending an open letter to the Canadian PM and Parliament would warrant a basic proof read and edit. I guess not.
    richardat likes this.
    10-28-13 11:06 AM
    How in the world did he take a stand? By writing a poorly edited diatribe? One that makes him sound like a member of the tin foil beanie brigade?

And the other part about whining in CB? I just say WTF??? I served in the US Army for almost 22 years. I've done a lot more than whine on a website.

sent from a mysterious device.
    richardat likes this.
    10-28-13 02:41 PM
    The other side of the coin is that the guy who wrote these letters is actually expressing his opinion to the grater world. Not simply going back and forth with the exact same 50 or so people that have always believed they have all the answers here in CB.
    Speaking before there's nothing to be said is a worthwhile cause. Weather the genius inside CB believe it or not.
    As far as I can see he's not hiding anything. Like the fact he's an investor.
    I'm confused. When you say "he" you mean you, right? You are the author of this letter (it's signed @getdjmac)?
    richardat, m1a1mg and trwrt like this.
    10-28-13 02:50 PM
    Sorry but this letter is all over the place. First it is America and the American media's and Wall Streets fault that Canadians are abandoning the platform and the markets only support American companies (even though that has been shown to be wrong countless times, and in truth the markets simply back what will make the elite money). What is sad is that it basically states that Canadians are easily swayed by US influence and can't form their own opinion and the Government must do something because the people can't be trusted.

Second is a conspiracy basically by a Canadian owned Investment firm colluding with company to intentionally tank the stock value, which I actually think is plausible, but the events of this point really would be the cause what is claimed is the issue in number 1. So if the company is intentionally tanking the stock, and has been executing poorly on purpose, then how is this in anyway America's fault? This would imply a Canadian bred, Waterloo and BlackBerry management conspiracy to defraud investors, and the stock market, and the Canadian smartphone buyer are simply abandoning a company that can't execute or deliver. The markets have seen poor performance and execution and responded appropriately.

Third it claims that BlackBerry needs to change its business model to license out BB10 for India and China penetration (pretty sure they have tried and no one wants BB10 when they can get Android, which is in demand for free). Transition to software as a service, etc. Which they are doing but that is where it goes to the final point.....

Finally it is stated that BlackBerry has a proven business model, which counters the third item mentioned in the previous point where it states they must change the business model, and obviously is not true otherwise the company would not need to be looking for a buyer and in such a CF of a position. What a mess.

Good post. I almost posted something extremely similar last night ie. vague, unfocused, assemblage of conspiratorial ideas. And I too zeroed in on the ridiculous "proven business model" line.....I was going to bold that as well - no kidding. Unfortunately it has been proven - proven to be a disaster.
    10-28-13 04:17 PM
    I'm confused. When you say "he" you mean you, right? You are the author of this letter (it's signed @getdjmac)?
    !!!!! ROFL. This answers so much. Good catch. Exactly what I was wondering when I read the letter last night: what fine mind from CB mashed this together?
    10-28-13 04:24 PM
    Glad to see people questioning and thinking. The marketing prowess of BlackBerry is lacking to counter the negative analysts and shorters.

The proven model in the markets appear to be companies like Facebook, Netflix etc.

This is the basis for the BBM model with it being launched cross platform. Check the follow-up article :
    http://pfcsystems.wordpress.com/2013...native-future/

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 01:43 PM
    The letter never stated or used the word "fault", but if that is what you are reading, maybe it is a part of your reality!?! It never stated or implied a conspiracy. One needs to question the fine line between marketing and news these days and who the players are and how a lack of counter marketing impacts things.

The proven model referenced in the article as per the market's valuations appear to be companies like Facebook, Netflix etc.
    This is the basis for the BBM model with it being launched cross platform. Check the references in the follow-up:BlackBerry an Alternative Reality, An Alternative Future | pfcsystems
    10-29-13 01:55 PM