BlackBerry can prove to the street that it can make profit from hardware
    As of date (since Passport, or was it Z3 ?) Chen stated that every device sold is margin positive ...
    02-17-15 04:12 AM
    Sorry guys but the way hardware works, the way BBM works they NOC is used by all of their products... it would be very difficult to start separating out those different division and then having the pay for access. And they all rely on one another too much
    Actually, departments are VERY independent from each other. I talked about it lately in BlackBerry French headquarters when we met J. Sims. Each department is mostly autonomous (yet, of course, driven by the same strategy).
    re Chen silence : that's the napalm I'm talking about (and 100% speculating, I have no insider info or whatever). There's IMHO no fiction in considering a possible juridic & financial spin off under a BlackBerry holding with external interests. Again, only my 8ball + tea leaves.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-17-15 at 06:26 AM. Reason: typos
    02-17-15 04:16 AM
    OP simply does not understand the stock market... Chen has obsolutley no control or influence in the long or short term on stock prices...investors obviously see something of value in BB, if not it would be a penny stock at best.... what the OP fails to realize is that is is the institutional investor that in the end will decide BB fate... the Shorts and longs are simply gambling on on the stock....Institutional investors look very long term .,.. years.... they do not look at fluctuations..but rather quarterly reports... the only thing Chen can do in the long term is turn a profit.... that in the end is the only thing that will raise the stock price...
    And that Canadian teachers's fund bought in big time. There is interest and more than a vague hope of BBRY's long-term survivability and profitability.

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    02-17-15 03:07 PM
    .... what the OP fails to realize is that is is the institutional investor that in the end will decide BB fate... the Shorts and longs are simply gambling on on the stock....Institutional investors look very long term .,.. years....
    They're not alone, but of course it's not a regular option ... I for one - and several "stockBerrians" here are in for the looong haul : 3 to 5 years .
    02-18-15 05:28 AM
    And that Canadian teachers's fund bought in big time. There is interest and more than a vague hope of BBRY's long-term survivability and profitability.

•   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   •
    Yeah the Teachers Pension fund has long been interested in BlackBerry.... or at least in splitting BlackBerry up and killing off hardware. So whatever gets investors the most bang for their buck... right.
    02-18-15 11:09 AM
    Test

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:04 PM
    Yeah the Teachers Pension fund has long been interested in BlackBerry.... or at least in splitting BlackBerry up and killing off hardware.
    Is there a link which points to that?
    02-21-15 08:59 PM
    Yeah the Teachers Pension fund has long been interested in BlackBerry.... or at least in splitting BlackBerry up and killing off hardware. So whatever gets investors the most bang for their buck... right.
    Just more FUD from the FUD master.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think that is David

#BBFactCheck
    02-22-15 08:41 PM
    Is there a link which points to that?
    Exclusive: BlackBerry bidders may want to carve up business - sources | Reuters

Canada Pension Funds Eye Some BlackBerry Assets - Bloomberg Business

Toronto Star Replica Edition

Back when Fairfax was trying to sell the company and couldn't find a buyer... they tried to build a group that would be able to take the company private, but most of that group wanted to break BlackBerry up... including the Pension Funds. Think Prem taught that was a bad idea and so went with Plan C and hired Chen and loaned BlackBerry the $1.25 Billion in order to give give Chen time to turn things around - or make BlackBerry a better sales prospect.
    02-23-15 07:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ouch... :-)

;-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    02-26-15 04:05 AM
    The company's inability to provide products that people want to buy are what are hurting the company.

The stock prices has little to do with the actual health of a company... but it is an indicator or how that company is doing.
    So what you are saying is the Passport and Classic devices are not devices that people want? Is that what you mean? If so, then I agree. Though both Classic and Passport serve a very important purpose. One is to attract QWERTY users to the Platform and those that want a different experience. The other is Passport having ZERO competition and is by far the most Innovative smart phone in the world. It helped put BlackBerry back on the map.
    BlackBerry should have released at least 2 more Full Touch devices, one 5" high end and one 4.2" mid range for Z10 and Z30 replacements. Well based on my sources, that would have been the way to go. Inventory is not the issue any longer.
    03-18-15 04:13 PM
62 123