This will end well.
    Yup. Some members acting like children over incomplete information in the article.
    03-20-15 08:28 AM
    I already recieved 2 warnings and one infraction regarding that. you sent me another one -_-
    Remove it now! NOW!!
    Keep talk about Moderator action off the public forum and confine it to PM, NOW!
    john_v likes this.
    03-20-15 08:56 AM
    Keep talk about Moderator action off the public forum and confine it to PM, NOW!
    Yes sir! I apologize
    pkcable and techvisor like this.
    03-20-15 09:00 AM
    What ever happened to BlackBerry......

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 11:08 AM
    i would think they have a misprint. Remember they sold the 200k passports earlier

PS where is the link?
    I'd have to go back and check the earnings transcript - I think that was a bit of misdirection in that "sold" mean "available in the channel" and this article seems to be about the number in the hands of end users. So this could be similar to how Best Buy had 250,000 touchpads and sold 25,000 (minus returns) before the fire sale...
    03-20-15 11:16 AM
    I walked into my AT&T outlet store because I'd seen the BB Classic online and they had ZERO Passports or Classics even there for you to look at. The Classic was only available online and was being released to the stores sometime in April (according to the clerk guy). This is in Scottsdale AZ USA. I don't remember what he said about the Passport because once I saw the size of it, I wasn't all that interested. I wanted my keyboard back! My Classic was shipped today so I should have it Monday or Tuesday, but maybe the numbers are skewed because of that?
    03-20-15 11:24 AM
    I'd have to go back and check the earnings transcript - I think that was a bit of misdirection in that "sold" mean "available in the channel" and this article seems to be about the number in the hands of end users. So this could be similar to how Best Buy had 250,000 touchpads and sold 25,000 (minus returns) before the fire sale...
    Morgan Stanley has a sell position recommended so they report the statics that favor that position. Are they out and out lying? Maybe not, BUT are they reporting JUST was favors their position? I think so. Is the exact reverse true when BlackBerry reports stats? You get my point.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-20-15 11:42 AM
    Morgan Stanley has a sell position recommended so they report the statics that favor that position. Are they out and out lying? Maybe not, BUT are they reporting JUST was favors their position? I think so. Is the exact reverse true when BlackBerry reports stats? You get my point.
    Oh sure - the 8000 figure sounds way too low but the general direction of travel could be right. Helping that the 8000 is so low and eye catching that you world think it was subject to an internal 'are you really sure about that?'

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    03-20-15 01:08 PM
    they wouldn't import the last batch of 31K if it wouldn't sell
    that's different and 31K is the price per unit. Device number is (just) 840 units.
    03-20-15 10:16 PM
    2 threads about this click bait story from Morgan Stanley still going? Wow.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    03-21-15 01:16 PM
    2 threads about this click bait story from Morgan Stanley still going? Wow.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    With the earnings report around the corner, people are super interested to find out how well Chen's PKB-heavy strategy is going. I figure that this article was so popular because it spoke to the Passport/Classic sales-performance issue, even though it only dealt with the USA launch.

I mean, who doesn�t want to know how well hardware is performing?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-21-15 02:13 PM
    that's different and 31K is the price per unit. Device number is (just) 840 units.
    yea. that was the other link (misread this one).
    in last quarter they imported 8000 devices. in few batches, usually 840 / 420 per import. probably - a pallet/container at once.
    last import was end of February for usual 840 units.

they WOULD NOT import this quantity if they wouldn't sell.
    03-21-15 08:11 PM
    yea. that was the other link (misread this one).
    in last quarter they imported 8000 devices. in few batches, usually 840 / 420 per import. probably - a pallet/container at once.
    last import was end of February for usual 840 units.

they WOULD NOT import this quantity if they wouldn't sell.
    yea I got it, but that's still low number however it doesn't mean how many devices sold
    03-22-15 12:57 AM
    Maybe, but for a company in such a (bad) state as BB, how much longer can you continue having an unprofitable branch?
    You ARE aware that Blackberry has been profitable in hardware the last two Qs?!?
    Uneducated comments still amaze me. It is not difficult to look over their financials before making ignorant comments.
    03-23-15 02:17 AM
    You ARE aware that Blackberry has been profitable in hardware the last two Qs?!?
    How long will they still be able to sell old hardware (OS7, first gen BB10) that has already been written down? The "profitability" is just some kind of book keeping trick.
    03-23-15 03:57 AM
    Oh sure - the 8000 figure sounds way too low but the general direction of travel could be right. Helping that the 8000 is so low and eye catching that you world think it was subject to an internal 'are you really sure about that?'
    Yeah right, the general "direction of travel" would be right even if the author had written 80 instead of 8000. Being eye-catching is not really an excuse for not providing a clear description and explanation of the figures quoted in the article.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    03-23-15 04:09 AM
    Yeah right, the general "direction of travel" would be right even if the author had written 80 instead of 8000. Being eye-catching is not really an excuse for not providing a clear description and explanation of the figures quoted in the article.
    Is there actually an article from the Morgan Stanley analyst? From my understanding, Crackberry is burning the analyst on the stake but he did not publish any such figures himself. All the analyst did was mention the number to a journalist.

We do not know the setting the information was attained such as whether it was in an interview or in a casual conversation. Also, we do not know if the analyst had never mentioned the context of the figure or had given the context to the journalist who then failed to either understand or publish it in his article.

So as you can see, Crackberry really has no ground to blame the Morgan Stanley analyst. All we know is that some journalist somewhere published a figure from an analyst purportedly from Morgan Stanley with incomplete information.

The only person we really have enough information to blame is the original publisher of the figure, who has the responsibility to fact check and clarify information that he is capitalizing on in an article.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 03-23-15 at 06:32 AM.
    mornhavon likes this.
    03-23-15 06:07 AM
    Sure thing...everything published on the Internet is fact checked.

Classically Posted.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-23-15 06:43 AM
    i would think they have a misprint. Remember they sold the 200k passports earlier

PS where is the link?
    I'm with you: Where is the link to the source. Every article on this mentions the Morgan Stanley "mystery letter," but none of them provide it.

How convenient.

BBRY is going to stay quite on this until after quarter's-end. I find it odd that ONLY Stanley is cited and no one else.

Posted via CB10
    undone likes this.
    03-23-15 10:08 AM
    So as you can see, Crackberry really has no ground to blame the Morgan Stanley analyst. All we know is that some journalist somewhere published a figure from an analyst purportedly from Morgan Stanley with incomplete information.

The only person we really have enough information to blame is the original publisher of the figure, who has the responsibility to fact check and clarify information that he is capitalizing on in an article.
    I never referred to any analyst. Was talking about the author of the article, obviously.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    03-23-15 10:18 AM
    I'm with you: Where is the link to the source. Every article on this mentions the Morgan Stanley "mystery letter," but none of them provide it.

How convenient.

BBRY is going to stay quite on this until after quarter's-end. I find it odd that ONLY Stanley is cited and no one else.

Posted via CB10
    The MS story seems to be the only 'original' for a lot of other analysts comments I have read recently. Odd that only one source seems to exist, usually they are lining up to throw rocks.
    03-25-15 09:23 AM
    The MS story seems to be the only 'original' for a lot of other analysts comments I have read recently. Odd that only one source seems to exist, usually they are lining up to throw rocks.
    If you think about it, it might be even scarier if fewer analysts are talking about BlackBerry....

But I do remember back at the launch of BB10 that a number "checks" were being done on Z10 sales and inventory movements. But to do that correctly and get anywhere close to accurate numbers, you would need to spend a lot of money. Not sure that the potential is nearly the same today as it was back then. Are MS numbers accurate for the couple of weeks that AT&T had the devices on sale.... I doubt it, those numbers would at best reflect only consumer purchases and would most likely not include bulk purchases by enterprise customers. Which is what the Classic is designed for.
    03-25-15 10:10 AM
    Even if BlackBerry did ship 8000 Passports & Classics to their US resellers in two weeks, analysts need to realize carriers are only interested in stocking the bare minimum. That low figure shouldn't come as a surprise considering demand for the brand is at an all time low.
    03-25-15 10:18 AM
    But I do remember back at the launch of BB10 that a number "checks" were being done on Z10 sales and inventory movements. But to do that correctly and get anywhere close to accurate numbers, you would need to spend a lot of money.
    If the analysts have an insider at a handful of the big companies /carriers they might get access to otherwise costly-to-gather data for the price of less than one copy of one of their reports.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 11:09 AM
    If you think about it, it might be even scarier if fewer analysts are talking about BlackBerry....
    I was thinking something similar. Lot of the recent (day or two) articles I have seen is BB should get out of hardware.

Either way (positive or negative), BB will continue to be pushed on devices by the media regardless if it makes money or losses (well especially if it losses).
    03-25-15 12:23 PM
252 ... 7891011