Analysts have a norm for not knowing how to count anyways.
    03-18-15 01:33 AM
    Hey if that's true maybe we will see a big sale on those devices soon... come on JC time for some spring cleaning blow out pricing

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:09 AM
    Analysts are like weather forecasters, need I say anymore.

Send from my lovely AT&T passport on T Mobile USA.
    03-18-15 04:00 AM
    I don't think the sales are that low, but I don't think they will hit their 10m devices sold mark (that chen mentioned) anytime soon.
    03-18-15 04:00 AM
    The original article stated that only 8,000 had been sold for the current quarter. Not total sales.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-18-15 07:16 AM
    Chen once said they need to sell 10 mio devices a year to survive (as a smartphone maker).
    I understood Chen as saying that Blackberry is able to be profitable in hardware selling 10million devices per year. I NEVER heard him state that they need this total to stay in the hardware business.
    03-18-15 07:38 AM
    I understood Chen as saying that Blackberry is able to be profitable in hardware selling 10million devices per year. I NEVER heard him state that they need this total to stay in the hardware business.
    Maybe, but for a company in such a (bad) state as BB, how much longer can you continue having an unprofitable branch?
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    03-18-15 07:51 AM
    Maybe, but for a company in such a (bad) state as BB, how much longer can you continue having an unprofitable branch?
    He clearly stated that they MAKE money from every device they sell from now on...

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 08:15 AM
    Some guys grasp every straw they can get to sugarcoat reality.
    03-18-15 08:27 AM
    He clearly stated that they MAKE money from every device they sell from now on...
    If you've done any cost accounting then you know that whether a product makes money or not depends how you account for the costs. It's certainly not clear.
    mornhavon and dolco like this.
    03-18-15 09:26 AM
    I don't think John Chen has ever sugar coated any realities BlackBerry is facing. And the report is obviously bunk. That being said has anyone gone into an AT&T store and or Verizon to see the new BlackBerry's? I cannot speak for Verizon but I can AT&T because they have a huge, high traffic corporate store across from our office. (I posted on my observations in a prior post) One word to describe it was/is PATHETIC. Neither device was charged and or operational nor were they even next to one another. I am a die hard BlackBerry user and consumer of their products and was floored. Imagine is a world class chef served you excellent food with god awful presentation. Well you get the picture.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2576
    CuriousFellow likes this.
    03-18-15 09:37 AM
    In addition follow a launch of a flagship for any other maker and not that there is a huge initial push and then a concrete date the device is available in store. Did anyone see this for either the Passport or Classic? Nope. In addition I think the re-do of the original Passport for AT&T was/is a TERRIBLE idea. The Passport is unique and then here is AT&T saying we want it more like others, rounded. I would have said "no way, go fly a kite (being nice)." Any other device maker you know do this? Colors maybe, design language NO.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2576
    03-18-15 09:42 AM
    Not sure why Morgan Stanley would post such a thing, with claims of a complete Quarter total sales?
    To be fair, it wasn't Morgan Stanley who made the post in the OP's link. But somebody from Benzinga who really did a poor job of parsing Morgan Stanley's report.
    03-18-15 09:45 AM
    With those high prices, thing will get worst...
    03-18-15 11:10 AM
    Blackberry's next blood bath earnings report is on March 27th, 2015. We will see how many devices they sold... oh wait, no we won't BlackBerry won't give device specific sales numbers... just more Chen rhetoric...
    techvisor and Doggerz like this.
    03-18-15 11:22 AM
    Blogs.blackberry.com/2014/09/amazon-number-one has a 200K number for just the Passport

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:41 AM
    The earnings call is right around the corner fellas. Money talks and BS walks. We'll see where BBRY really stands after the dust settles.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    03-18-15 01:10 PM
    The original article stated that only 8,000 had been sold for the current quarter. Not total sales.
    No. That's total BS.
    BBRY sells approximately 2 millions devices per quarter, bb10 devices are more than half.

India alone sold more than 8000 passports per quarter. And 12000 classics. Go figure

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    03-18-15 01:11 PM
    I agree, That may be how many they have sold in the US for the quarter, but not worldwide. And if it is for the US, just validates that they need to improve the marketing and supply of the device. 11 AT&T stores in my city limits and not a single Passport in stock.
    03-18-15 01:16 PM
    I agree, That may be how many they have sold in the US for the quarter, but not worldwide. And if it is for the US, just validates that they need to improve the marketing and supply of the device. 11 AT&T stores in my city limits and not a single Passport in stock.
    Thats exactly what the Morgan Stanley report states that US sales are terrible, estimated only 8,000 for the ATT/Verizon launches and thus global sales won't be able to reach Chen's 10M goal anytime soon in the future. Chen will continue to say as long as that part of company is overall profitable via higher margins, BB can and will continue to make devices.

Obviously the US market is a graveyard for BB so its not good news thus the stock downgrade.
    03-18-15 01:27 PM
    I agree that the 8000 number is only for the USA, but the numbers are horrendous. Where is the supposed enterprise demand for the Classic? It seems like BlackBerry's game of selling lesser hardware at premium prices to loyalists, governments, and security-conscious businesses is running out.

I've seen nothing positive about the sales performance of the Classic or the Passport, so the earnings report won't be able to hide the low number of BB10 sales. With only the Passport, Classic, and Leap as new devices, none of which appears to be popular in the least, it's hard to see a way for BlackBerry to stop the marketshare nosedive that they're in, much less post the 172% gains over last year's numbers represented by Chen's 10 million units sold target for 2015.

Question: at what sales rate might we not even see a Slider launch??
    techvisor likes this.
    03-18-15 01:58 PM
    I personally doubt the slider is coming, regardless of the sales figures. That's a pity, because I do like the concept, but it'll take more than a couple of pretty mock-up's being waved about for a few seconds to convince me that this phone is much more than vapourware.

Still, I could be wrong. Imagine how torn I'll be if WinPhone10 and the BB slider are both available to buy this Summer. LOL
    techvisor likes this.
    03-18-15 02:26 PM
    I agree that the 8000 number is only for the USA, but the numbers are horrendous. Where is the supposed enterprise demand for the Classic? It seems like BlackBerry's game of selling lesser hardware at premium prices to loyalists, governments, and security-conscious businesses is running out.

I've seen nothing positive about the sales performance of the Classic or the Passport, so the earnings report won't be able to hide the low number of BB10 sales. With only the Passport, Classic, and Leap as new devices, none of which appears to be popular in the least, it's hard to see a way for BlackBerry to stop the marketshare nosedive that they're in, much less post the 172% gains over last year's numbers represented by Chen's 10 million units sold target for 2015.

Enterprise demand comes later not at launch. It should slow down how fast US sales fall, probably even increase for a time as those come online. Thats about the only advantage BB has: enterprise sales are much steadier although never as much as consumer sales for other OEMS.
    03-18-15 02:47 PM
    8,000? What for a week in the USA? Perhaps, but for the complete Quarter? Lol right. MS has been wrong many times. This is just low.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:57 PM
    Be it 8000 or 80000 for a week, two weeks, or a month, this is not good news no matter how you slice it. Let's hope the report is grossly inaccurate and the numbers are much better. We'll know in a week when they release their earnings. But we should all brace ourselves for a HW wind down to come much sooner than any of us expected.
    03-18-15 03:10 PM
252 ... 56789 ...