Here are my prayers:

Dear lord, no matter happens with sales, I just wish BlackBerry always there for me by providing good phones. Since I cannot live without BlackBerry phones.

Please, always live for me.

Posted from CB10 with BlackBerry Z3
    03-25-15 04:49 PM
    Try as I might, I can find no link to anyone who can point to the mystery Morgan Stanley document purported to proclaim poor BlackBerry sales--just a series of articles that all point to the same uncorroborated Yahoo Finance post. What I find suspicious is that this comes out during the quiet period right before the 27 March earnings report. I think it's those damned short-sellers--the only people who make loads of money when stock prices fall. Vultures. They've been singing the BlackBerry dirge for a couple of years, hoping to kill the stock's perceived value.

They suck. And that's a technical term.
    AluminiumRims likes this.
    03-25-15 10:55 PM
    Yup...funny how that work.

Classically Posted.
    03-26-15 11:50 PM
    Try as I might, I can find no link to anyone who can point to the mystery Morgan Stanley document purported to proclaim poor BlackBerry sales--just a series of articles that all point to the same uncorroborated Yahoo Finance post. What I find suspicious is that this comes out during the quiet period right before the 27 March earnings report. I think it's those damned short-sellers--the only people who make loads of money when stock prices fall. Vultures. They've been singing the BlackBerry dirge for a couple of years, hoping to kill the stock's perceived value.

They suck. And that's a technical term.
    No, you just got owned.......
    03-28-15 10:51 PM
    230 posts about a report with incomplete information. Wow.
    CuriousFellow likes this.
    03-29-15 08:37 AM
    230 posts about a report with incomplete information. Wow.
    Yeah you're right, wow. By the way, how many of those did you make?

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and clickitykeys like this.
    03-29-15 05:20 PM
    Yeah you're right, wow. By the way, how many of those did you make?
    No idea.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-29-15 05:41 PM
    BlackBerry is really hated this badly worldwide?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 01:39 AM
    BlackBerry is really hated this badly worldwide?

Posted via CB10
    No, not really. Not hated this badly nor loved this much. Crackberry attracts a very unique crowd. Check out BGR - it's an even more unique crowd. Blackberry's biggest issue is not that people love it or hate it. Blackberry's biggest problem is that most people simply ignore it.
    Last edited by kirson; 04-28-15 at 04:08 PM.
    eyesopen1111 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    04-28-15 02:56 PM
    This must have been the same lousy MS analyst that released a bullish statement on MobilIron. The same day minutes after, the CFO for Mobiliron resigned just after giving a profit decline warning that sent the stock plummeting. All in a days work. Look him up, last name Faucette. He's the moron that unfortunately covers BlackBerry on behalf of Morgan Stanley.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 08:45 PM
    What this thread needs are better numbers on how many Passports and Classics are being sold. I�m tired of this news blackout. We had a thread containing some self-collected data on Passport sales rate back when Amazon was out of stock (though certain other sources like some Canadian carriers had stock) and we checked the ShopBlackBerry main site and tracked inventory rates every hour or so over a few days. Not perfectly scientific, but it at least tracked the major point of sale. The sales rates of Passport, even then, were not impressive.

I mention this because the total lack of communication of any positive sales news from Chen about the Passport and the Classic combined with the poor sales performance reported at the latest earnings report seem to be ignored while some keep claiming that there's good news out there, but could someone please link to this data? I honestly haven�t seen a single positive story about a large sale of Passports or Classics all year long.

Anybody?
    kirson and techvisor like this.
    04-28-15 10:39 PM
    In June when they report Q1!

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    05-01-15 10:19 PM
    I mention this because the total lack of communication of any positive sales news from Chen about the Passport and the Classic combined with the poor sales performance reported at the latest earnings report seem to be ignored while some keep claiming that there's good news out there, but could someone please link to this data? I honestly haven’t seen a single positive story about a large sale of Passports or Classics all year long.

Anybody?
    In this case no news is decent news. If there were news of layoffs, plant closings then you might suspect these numbers are accurate and reflective of a sinking ship. But no accompanying talk of firefighting at BB headquarters makes me think no news ain't bad news.
    05-02-15 12:17 AM
    In this case no news is decent news. If there were news of layoffs, plant closings then you might suspect these numbers are accurate and reflective of a sinking ship. But no accompanying talk of firefighting at BB headquarters makes me think no news ain't bad news.
    News of layoffs like shutting down BlackBerry Sweden and the 100 employees there? Unless BB shuts down an entire business segment, there just aren't many people to lay off anymore.

Why would there be news of plant closures? BB has no manufacturing plants to close, everything is outsourced in seemingly small batch numbers.

I don't expect that the sales numbers are shockingly low, but I do expect that they've continued their downward trajectory. Chen has admitted that hardware isn't currently profitable, if something big doesn't happen soon, hardware sales will continue to decline and become even more unprofitable. If you factor in BB10 R&D and exclude BBOS (BIS) service revenue, hardware isn't even close to profitable.
    05-02-15 06:41 AM
    My worry is that the sales are not good, which is the reason for the lack of news.

BlackBerry needs to get the slider out with super specs so at least they can get back into the news coverage. When they do, at least they can have a flagship that gets compared to the other flagship phone bake offs.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 06:56 AM
    News of layoffs like shutting down BlackBerry Sweden and the 100 employees there? Unless BB shuts down an entire business segment, there just aren't many people to lay off anymore.

Why would there be news of plant closures? BB has no manufacturing plants to close, everything is outsourced in seemingly small batch numbers..
    I forgot about Sweden, but my point was that the sale of 8K phones don't support a whole lot of salaries + benefits + facilities etc... But on the other hand it might explain the lack of advertising, perhaps there's no budget or marketing department to speak of...

I will add that the BES concept was brilliant, revolutionary and way ahead of its time but no one is liquid enough to pay continual fee's. Companies don't mind investing, but then I want to own it so I can control my cost. Imagine if Microsoft made you pay annually for each machine that ran Windows or Office, Linux would then be the predominant OS for Enterprise and business customers. But when I left Verizon in 2011, there were a few who had Office 2007 but the majority of us were still on Office 2003. So it seems VPN type solutions easily won out over BES...

An all Enterprise strategy won't cut it, they must at least go after the small businesses since the concept of Enterprise or large company has changed in this day of outsourcing. And most small business survive contract to contract so don't want to commit to a monthly or annual bill, they want something they can own and run on their servers. The fact that Microsoft has it's OS and Office suite installed on the majority of computers sold gives these businesses a ready and trained labor pool to choose from. So it would also behoove and benefit BB to get their products in the hands of the average Joe...

I sure hope Chen has a hold card or secret plan, because to be honest, I don't know what they're asking investors to invest in??? I know the US government alone will keep them in business, but I'm curious what that business will be and how it will look???
    kirson likes this.
    05-02-15 10:11 AM
    I forgot about Sweden, but my point was that the sale of 8K phones don't support a whole lot of salaries + benefits + facilities etc... But on the other hand it might explain the lack of advertising, perhaps there's no budget or marketing department to speak of...

I will add that the BES concept was brilliant, revolutionary and way ahead of its time but no one is liquid enough to pay continual fee's. Companies don't mind investing, but then I want to own it so I can control my cost. Imagine if Microsoft made you pay annually for each machine that ran Windows or Office, Linux would then be the predominant OS for Enterprise and business customers. But when I left Verizon in 2011, there were a few who had Office 2007 but the majority of us were still on Office 2003. So it seems VPN type solutions easily won out over BES...

An all Enterprise strategy won't cut it, they must at least go after the small businesses since the concept of Enterprise or large company has changed in this day of outsourcing. And most small business survive contract to contract so don't want to commit to a monthly or annual bill, they want something they can own and run on their servers. The fact that Microsoft has it's OS and Office suite installed on the majority of computers sold gives these businesses a ready and trained labor pool to choose from. So it would also behoove and benefit BB to get their products in the hands of the average Joe...

I sure hope Chen has a hold card or secret plan, because to be honest, I don't know what they're asking investors to invest in??? I know the US government alone will keep them in business, but I'm curious what that business will be and how it will look???
    Business pay all sorts of monthly, quarterly and years licensing fees. And to be honest our office has moved to a hosted email system as it will reduce our current cost for Exchange and having to upgrade to newer server. I think the thing is BES hasn't evolved enough, many email systems now do basic MDM. Why hasn't BES evolved to provide basic email services and cloud storage.... things that business might see a value in having an all in one source for.

Either way we got our ER and the Classic isn't selling well
    06-30-15 01:12 PM
    The funny things is that Office is indeed becoming a monthly fee type deal. Adobe's creative suite as well. Those are two of the biggest software suites, and they're now relying on subscription models.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:18 PM
    The funny things is that Office is indeed becoming a monthly fee type deal. Adobe's creative suite as well. Those are two of the biggest software suites, and they're now relying on subscription models.

Posted via CB10
    I think people got tired of paying hundreds of dollars and then two years later there is a newer version.

But then like someone else my company lived with Office 2003 until last year.... Only upgraded then because we were phasing out all the Windows XP machines. But we went will the one time purchase desktop version of office.
    06-30-15 04:02 PM
    Microsoft wants to sell windows as a service WAS.
    If they try that crap I'll be saying hello to Linux as a desktop solution.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 04:27 PM
    Business pay all sorts of monthly, quarterly and years licensing fees. And to be honest our office has moved to a hosted email system as it will reduce our current cost for Exchange and having to upgrade to newer server. I think the thing is BES hasn't evolved enough, many email systems now do basic MDM. Why hasn't BES evolved to provide basic email services and cloud storage.... things that business might see a value in having an all in one source for.

Either way we got our ER and the Classic isn't selling well
    Business are also looking for monthly, quarterly, yearly fees to cut and moving to a hosted solution not only cuts the cost of exchange software/hardware, but how about the employee's who support the servers to include vacation, sick pay, benefits and 401K. This is also why companies are outsourcing departments like HR, IT and you name it. Outsourcing gives them those departments for a flat fee...

The corporation of the future will be a bunch of executives who manage all the outsourced departments... Middle class is becoming more extinct everyday...

MDM is no longer needed since all carriers provide data and VPN gets you behind the firewall. Same with cloud storage if needed but a bulk purchase of micro SD cards can cover most companies needs. Security is a relative term, the chief security officer MIGHT want BES but as long as other platforms aren't hacked on a regular basis then it's going to be a tough sell to average, everyday businesses...
    06-30-15 07:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    and it's all because of people like me, I still run XP64 and Office 2003 and have no plans of upgrading though neither is currently supported. My laptop came with Win8 and to be honest I was about to remove it for Win7 until I found an application called Classic Shell which made it look and feel like the old Windows. I'm debating now if I want this free Win10 upgrade, my laptop dual boots to Linux Mint and I may let Windows go once I get better with Linux (and once application makers start releasing the source code...).
    06-30-15 07:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    If I didn't require certain programs or 10-bit graphics support, I'd already be running Linux for my work computer.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 02:19 AM
    and it's all because of people like me, I still run XP64 and Office 2003 and have no plans of upgrading though neither is currently supported. My laptop came with Win8 and to be honest I was about to remove it for Win7 until I found an application called Classic Shell which made it look and feel like the old Windows. I'm debating now if I want this free Win10 upgrade, my laptop dual boots to Linux Mint and I may let Windows go once I get better with Linux (and once application makers start releasing the source code...).
    Win10 takes us back to the start menue... with some options for tablet users to give them the "table" feel.

But they still have bugges to fix, I'd wait a few months... but I would for sure upgrade.
    07-01-15 03:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I absolutely hate subscription models.
    I already have a Mac, but also a pretty powerful Windows Desktop.
    If MS goes WAS with W10, I'll probably get a Hackintosh.
    07-25-15 05:07 AM
252 ... 891011