03-17-15 06:52 AM
    Can be 8000 in Spain, i'm from spain and here you have an 2% of probability that picking a random person from all the population it have BlackBerry 10 device.

Seriously, i never saw somebody with the classic or passport yet. Sometimes i think "you're the only one with this phone", but makes me feel special.

Also I need to add that there are no carriers offering Blackberries in Spain, the only way to get BlackBerry is via Amazon. So doesn't surprise me to not see BlackBerry 10 on the streets.

Anyways, I bet everything that the numbers are wrong, I belive in BlackBerry and Chen.

Posted with my BlackBerry Classic!
    03-17-15 07:19 AM
    And Yahoo News has 2� readers....
    03-17-15 07:27 AM
    Don't give them clicks.
    -Puck- and raino like this.
    03-17-15 07:52 AM
    That article is bad. It is supposed to be 8000 this quarter. From Mobile Burn: "with the company saying only 8000 units of the handsets have sold so far this quarter."
    http://www.mobileburn.com/24353/news...in-sales-slump
    Last edited by techvisor; 03-17-15 at 08:14 AM.
    03-17-15 07:55 AM
    That article is bad. It is supposed to be 8000 this quarter. From Mobile Syrup: "with the company saying only 8000 units of the handsets have sold so far this quarter."
    http://www.mobileburn.com/24353/news...in-sales-slump
    That's Mobile Burn, not Mobile Syrup. I've never heard of that site before.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-17-15 08:04 AM
    So, this has to be a big mistake by the writer, or a very biased and misleading article (a pure lie).
    Or simply incomplete information. BlackBerry should refute it though. Perhaps they're concerned it'll draw attention?
    03-17-15 08:08 AM
    That's Mobile Burn, not Mobile Syrup. I've never heard of that site before.
    Yeah I just corrected
    03-17-15 08:13 AM
    I realise that my rep isn't as an BB optimist, but 8k seems a bit low, even to me.
    Wow - if that's ever an endorsement for "crazy numbers", this is it ...
    LuvULongTime and JeepBB like this.
    03-17-15 08:32 AM
    BlackBerry Fact Check | Inside BlackBerry
    I wish they would say something
    They're likely trying to figure out how, or if they should at all.
    03-17-15 08:34 AM
    I hope all these stupid blackberry hates get their phones and computers hacked and their lives put on the internet then maybe they will realize how ******* wrong they are,
    Amazing
    03-17-15 08:37 AM
    Wow - if that's ever an endorsement for "crazy numbers", this is it ...
    Thanks!

No thanks are really necessary, but I'll take them anyway. LOL

It's all down to my near-legendary even-handedness. I'm ready to dismiss untrue anti-BB statements as easily as I dismiss untrue pro-BB statements.

Anyway, can't stop, I gotta get back to my relentless pursuit of truth now.
    03-17-15 08:42 AM
    I'm ready to dismiss untrue anti-BB statements as easily as I dismiss untrue pro-BB statements.
    How do we know it's untrue? BlackBerry hasn't refuted it.
    03-17-15 08:44 AM
    How do we know it's untrue? BlackBerry hasn't refuted it.
    Aren't BB in that pre-ER period where they are restricted in what they can say?

I'd be surprised if as few as 8k had been sold. I guess I'd be looking to Chen to purposely refute this in the ER. If he doesn't, well, maybe it is true... catch me in 10 days.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-17-15 08:48 AM
    They're likely trying to figure out how, or if they should at all.
    As previously discussed, the problem is that BlackBerry is between the end of its reporting period and it's quarterly financial announcement. During this time, upper management can't be seen making forward looking statements on earnings. This is because they have access to private information that hasn't been publicly disclosed. To do so will land you in court, a heavy fine and jail time. GS and MS know this which of course make their timing very suspicious. Why not release their analysts report a few days earlier when Chen could comment at least in a generic fashion. It's not like there was any revelational analysis in the report. Seems to me another agenda is at work.

I think the good news is that mainstream media clearly doesn't believe this analysis and smells something fishy. Case-in-point is the Globe and Mail and BNN (business news network). They are usually the first to thunder out the gates with bad news on BlackBerry. Surprisingly neither touched this story despite quoting other aspects of MS' briefing report. So they know of the information but aren't touching it. Something is patently false and they know it.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-17-15 09:07 AM
    Aren't BB in that pre-ER period where they are restricted in what they can say?
    They report earnings at the end of next week.

One of my signs for this being bogus, is that it has hardly any pickup - even on sites that are known for being anti-BlackBerry.
    03-17-15 09:41 AM
    I think we need some clarification. The article I posted says "8,000 this quarter", albeit from a source I am completely unfamiliar with. I think 8,000 in the current quarter is possible. However 8,000 total since release date, I would say near impossible.
    03-17-15 09:46 AM
    This is what a no flagship all touch strategy gets you...

Z30 (10.3.1)
    03-17-15 10:08 AM
    Why are people still talking about this. Everyone knows it was a typo.

It's probably supposed to be 80k "over the first few weeks of the quarter [my wording]" If we say this is 3 weeks, that's a sell through rate of 1.4M for the year, which is well below 2-3 million and is only made worse by the fact that the classic is relatively new and will not be selling as well in a few months. The mitigating factor is that this is only retail sales. Whatever way you look at it, it will be a struggle for BB to hit 10M.
    03-17-15 10:47 AM
    thats a lie, i just bought 10,000 passports and classics last week
    BB_Junky likes this.
    03-17-15 11:14 AM
    You were the guy? haha
    eyesopen1111 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-17-15 11:17 AM
    Why BlackBerry let this article from Wall Street analysis miss lead consumer without saying anything to defend itself? This is similar story when they first release Z10. I know Z10 don't sale as much as it suppose to be but not the 8000. It absurd and shame with this Wall Street crook. When Chen was interview in Barcelona Spain, he said Passport and Classic selling very good so far, asked by interviewer. If Chen mean very good is the 8000 sold, he need not being CEO anymore.
    03-17-15 11:55 AM
    Phone Arena's article seems to make more sense than the original article posted in the thread. Much more believable, as it makes the it more clear what period the 8000 supposedly covers (though it doesn't reference a global or regional area for the supposed 8000 number).
    03-17-15 12:20 PM
    I found this kind of article in Indonesian media.
    And the comments of the article, something definitely you can guess. People bashing blackberry.

Posted from CB10 with BlackBerry Z3
    03-17-15 12:28 PM
    This is what a no flagship all touch strategy gets you...

Z30 (10.3.1)
    Yawwwn ...
    03-17-15 12:36 PM
252 ... 34567 ...