How can BlackBerry pull them in if there are only one or two devices per store if at all and there is zero marketing. I got sick of the torch ads on SEC football games. Would that be the case today

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:54 PM
    ...Eventually the need to own anything BlackBerry will be supplanted by the more popular brands i think...
    Personally, I'm not sure if I agree. I don't see "popularity" being a driver whatsoever, at least with BlackBerry - except for maybe the 12-30 yr old crowd...On the other hand, Capability..? you bet. Security..? You bet. Except for those that don't care or don't see those aspects as being Upfront issues.

stk
    03-16-15 06:07 PM
    link to Corbu's post on the substance of the article. Emphasis mine.

So its only talking about recent retail store sales in the US which we know is sparse and is backed up by forum posts about hardware availability with AT&T.
    Well, there is only one company in February that sold blackberry products and that was AT&T. The roll out didn't really happen to mid February. Verizon didn't show up to the plate till the end of February. So to imply that a number of major stocked the phone is simply misleading.
    gemoelle likes this.
    03-16-15 06:10 PM
    Well, there is only one company in February that sold blackberry products and that was AT&T. The roll out didn't really happen to mid February. Verizon didn't show up to the plate till the end of February. So to imply that a number of major stocked the phone is simply misleading.
    Verizon still hasn't made the Classic available everywhere, they probably see it like the Z30, focusing on enterprise sales. I don't think we should expect a huge ramp up in BB10 sales in the US anytime soon but if you are investing long into BBRY, handset sales aren't going to be a huge part of their future anyway.
    03-16-15 06:17 PM
    8000 is better than 800, right? LOL.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-16-15 06:19 PM
    Chen once said they need to sell 10 mio devices a year to survive (as a smartphone maker).
    ...but he also said (whether or not they actually reached 10 million unit sales in a year) that the handset division was profitable, so perhaps they've found new efficiencies or the deal with Foxconn is working out better than they thought, who knows... if he wasn't lying about the handset division being profitable, I'm not sure it matters whether they get to the 10 million devices he predicted.

After all, the devices cost MORE at retail than an XBox or PS4, and even they haven't sold that many... but you'd have thought they would have by now.
    03-16-15 07:32 PM
    [QUOTE=THBW;11473136]No doubt, Leaky Faucette is behind the brief. He's probably just a bit pissed off that he has to answer all those pesky SEC questions. His buddy at Detwiler Fulton is in bit of hot water and the timing of his notes were suspicious. It might be orange jump suite time for Mr. Faucette.

There seems to be a system with them, GS and some others to keep downward pressure on BBRY stock. They like to put out these negatively biased stories before US pre-market trading on Monday's with coordinated sales through pre-market and large share sales at the open. The options market for BBRY can have some very nice returns when you know the stock price is going to be where you need it to be.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 08:23 PM
    Collector items.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 08:44 PM
    Passport and Classic now being issued in the Ontario government

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    03-16-15 08:54 PM
    My .02 as a longtime at&t customer. Although I believe the numbers are off a few digits, one can't help but wonder how much more the numbers would be increased if at&t would actually "push" - including stocking more than a few(historically) smartphones were available......including BlackBerries. Really, if you have it- sell it. It's not going to hurt Android/iPhone sales at all. As long as the money is green and the credit card has juice. (shrugs shoulders).
    03-16-15 09:09 PM
    Could be wrong...but last time I believe bb shares were trading at 9.73 was in June 2014.
    In any case, careful what you read from the investing community. Everyone has his/her own agenda to fill. You are not their concern!!
    03-16-15 09:10 PM
    As well as Good Technology, if they ever stop losing enough money actually have their IPO.

Notice in the note, the mention of people who defected specifically to Good, followed closely by an unnecessary mention of Goods revenue?

I reckon it's getting pretty jittery over at Good right now.

Posted via CB10
    Good catch, no pun intended. You have to love all the timing and sloppy analysis. When you look at EMM solutions, Good technology will be lucky to be around next year. Undoubtedly, one of the worst products on the market.

The basic problem with companies like Mobile iron and good technologies is that the world has moved on from their simplistic solutions. Companies want more than reasonably secure mobile communications. You need value added services and an information management platform. This is the future and if you don't embrace it, your dead in the water. BlackBerry's competition is IBM, not these dinky little companies that continuously lose money.
    What I like about all these analysts reports is that they all happen after February 28th. This comes at the ends of BlackBerry's reporting quarter and before their financial announcement. Sleezeball organizations like GS and MS know that a CEO can't make any forward looking projections during this intervening period. You basically know when they have to rely on this trick, someone has hit the desperation button. I suspect the banks are nervous about the hedge fund money moving into BlackBerry. They could get caught in a short squeeze. Likewise, they could get caught with mobile iron shares they can't unload.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 09:21 PM
    In the past when the press has made wrong or misleading comments about BBRY, John Chen was fast to debunk the information. This has now been allowed to stand for several hours - where is Chen or a BBRY spokesperson to counter this bad news?
    They can't talk. It's the quiet period before earnings are announced.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 09:29 PM
    Malaysia itself sold more than 10k passport -.-!
    03-16-15 10:08 PM
    Horrible thread. Ridiculous thing to post in the Passport forum. This belongs in a different forum, one about BS on another site called BS dot com.
    03-16-15 11:11 PM
    This is all good. The last time I read something they said there was only 9.
    03-16-15 11:48 PM
    What kind of bs is this? No wonder the banking system is so corrupted in the states.
    03-17-15 12:27 AM
    Having purchased ONE Passport device and TWO Classic devices, I own 3 out of the reported 8,000 devices which are lying on my desk . . . it cannot be true.
    03-17-15 12:57 AM
    It's a PKB which has 1.5% market share so sales are probably as expected. Maybe the PKB market has shrunk even more to less than 1%
    03-17-15 01:26 AM
    Pretty much. I have literally seen hundreds of Passports and Classics in the field...in the Toronto area alone. 8000 is a BS number.
    Ditto. Well, maybe not hundreds, but I've even seen a few AT&T Passports - and one user I spoke to was excited to have hers.
    03-17-15 03:02 AM
    I think the 8000 is true and from a trust-worthy credible source

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:25 AM
    This analysts, always speculative "money monkeys" have as much credibility as a crystal ball witch.
    03-17-15 04:19 AM
    I think the 8000 is true and from a trust-worthy credible source

Posted via CB10
    Can't be... You can easily check some countries imports of these products.
    As an example, for both models, in India (where both are most of the time out-of-stock) were imported 16400 units. So, this has to be a big mistake by the writer, or a very biased and misleading article (a pure lie).
    03-17-15 04:40 AM
    It's called stock manipulation. These guys are crooks! Help the shorts recover some money by writing bull**** article! I hope when the quarter results come out the regulators get them for stock manipulation. 8000 lol. Idiots!

Posted via CB10
    MGDania likes this.
    03-17-15 05:05 AM
    It's called stock manipulation. These guys are crooks! Help the shorts recover some money by writing bull**** article! I hope when the quarter results come out the regulators get them for stock manipulation. 8000 lol. Idiots!

Posted via CB10
    Still nothing from BB,last article on their BB Fact Check was almost a month ago,use it or lose it,lol
    03-17-15 06:50 AM
252 ... 23456 ...