HAHAHA... ahah... ...ah ...
    03-16-15 11:58 AM
    Sounds like the SC needs to interview the people behind this article

Z10
    03-16-15 11:59 AM
    As always beware "projections" and "reports" from those who facilitate the sale of stock...

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that someone who has a "sell" on a particular stock release a report about said company that might make people want to "sell" their shares.

All with a grain of salt. March 27th is the next report from BBRY. I can wait until then to hear it from the horses mouth and not the "bear".

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    lactose, 3MIKE, Bfalcon1 and 2 others like this.
    03-16-15 12:00 PM
    Can't be even true
    Must be missing atleast one zero and it should read for this quarter or so

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 12:00 PM
    Obviously a gross error, intended or not.
    03-16-15 12:02 PM
    Maybe thru AT&T. Not overall. No way.
    03-16-15 12:07 PM
    No doubt, Leaky Faucette is behind the brief. He's probably just a bit pissed off that he has to answer all those pesky SEC questions. His buddy at Detwiler Fulton is in bit of hot water and the timing of his notes were suspicious. It might be orange jump suite time for Mr. Faucette.

As to the numbers, clearly information has been left out to create a false impression. I suspect the predicted numbers reflect over the counter sales at ATT and given that neither device actually hit stores till mid to late Feburary and the reporting period ends Feburary 28th, it may not be that surprising. Morgan Stanley has no access to these numbers as well as those with Amazon, shop blackberry or Corporate clients. If they did, Leaky Faucette would likely be a resident of the New York Penitentiary System a bit longer than expected as he would be classified as a repeat offender.
    LuvULongTime and sugbo like this.
    03-16-15 12:36 PM
    I bet it means ATT. One or two devices per store. No marketing, surprise surprise

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 12:42 PM
    I bet it means ATT. One or two devices per store. No marketing, surprise surprise

Posted via CB10
    Even if it is, you can't compare that number (by itself) to the overall number threshold set by Chen, and then draw a conclusion that it is "well below". Yes, even if it was 1,000,000 units sold in region A, that statement would still be true. However it would not be a basis of a downgrade if at the end of the day regions A+B+C add up to 3,000,000.

But... give the guy a break, he is "writing" because he obviously does not possess enough analytical and quantitative skills to get a real job in the field.

Posted via CB10
    bobmoley and Franc Brugueras like this.
    03-16-15 12:52 PM
    guess, who's Mobile Iron's underwriter in their IPO?
    As well as Good Technology, if they ever stop losing enough money actually have their IPO.

Notice in the note, the mention of people who defected specifically to Good, followed closely by an unnecessary mention of Goods revenue?

I reckon it's getting pretty jittery over at Good right now.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 12:59 PM
    I suspect this was most likely a typo. I would guess they meant 800,000. Which would still be pretty disappointing, but not really all that surprising. We know hardware numbers are not strong. Unfortunately, the story of the upcoming earnings release, in my mind, is the story of the legacy devices. If those numbers continued to tumble, then hardware results will be poor. Service results will be poor. And new software revenues are a long ways off. I do not expect very good top line numbers. Earnings may come in OK, but revenues are going to continue to be a struggle. At least that's my opinion. We'll know soon enough.
    03-16-15 01:03 PM
    I hope he's missing two or three zeros but one he's definitely missing

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.1448
    03-16-15 01:05 PM
    Even if it is, you can't compare that number (by itself) to the overall number threshold set by Chen, and then draw a conclusion that it is "well below". Yes, even if it was 1,000,000 units sold in region A, that statement would still be true. However it would not be a basis of a downgrade if at the end of the day regions A+B+C add up to 3,000,000.

But... give the guy a break, he is "writing" because he obviously does not possess enough analytical and quantitative skills to get a real job in the field.

Posted via CB10
    The only conclusions that can be made is that Blackberry didn't meet analyst expectations in US retail store sales. MS believes store sales have to be substantially higher probably in the hundred of thousands for the US market to do its share towards the worldwide sales goal of 10M given the US market contributes a large share of the higher priced handset tier.

So even if online+retail store = 100,000 it'd still be a downgrade by MS just not as shocking.
    03-16-15 01:08 PM
    The only conclusions that can be made is that Blackberry didn't meet analyst expectations in US retail store sales. MS believes store sales have to be substantially higher probably in the hundred of thousands for the US market to do its share towards the worldwide sales goal of 10M given the US market contributes a large share of the higher priced handset tier.

So even if online+retail store = 100,000 it'd still be a downgrade by MS just not as shocking.
    Not the BlackBerry handset tier... lol

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 01:12 PM
    The sales numbers, I believe, won't be very good.

But they will be more than 8000.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    03-16-15 01:18 PM
    BlackBerry-hating reporter: "BlackBerry sold approximately -25,000 phones. Yes, you heard right, ladies and gentlemen. They somehow manage to sell a negative amount of phones. It's physically impossible but I trust my source since I personally don't like BlackBerry."

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Last edited by artlu629; 03-16-15 at 01:42 PM.
    03-16-15 01:26 PM
    That's impossible, the community at crackberry has probably bought more than that. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Exactly a huge key work is missing in that number

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    03-16-15 01:28 PM
    Found this article this morning... would have thought more than 8,000 handsets sold..,, hmmmm.,,,, What say you...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...143732238.html

Morgan Stanley in a note on Monday said that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY) sales of its software and phones are "not tracking anywhere close" to where they need to be.

Shares recently traded at $9.73, down 0.87 percent.

Based on research and conversations, Morgan Stanley said that VARs and resellers are finding BlackBerry is a tough sell, even for enterprise customers. On the phone, Morgan Stanley said that as many as 8,000 Classic and Passport phones have been sold, "well below" the 2-3 million needed in FY16.

Meanwhile, Morgan Stanley said that even if BlackBerry is able to stem the declines in its enterprise unit, the $500 million in software revenue is unlikely. In short, BlackBerry will not "get anywhere close" to this goal.
    After Goldman did their little job on BB last week I was wondering about the inevitable Morgan bs coming out,thanks,same old same old!!
    03-16-15 01:29 PM
    BlackBerry-hating reporter: "BlackBerry sold approximately -25,0000 phones. Yes, you heard right, ladies and gentlemen. They somehow manage to sell a negative amount of phones. It's physically impossible but I trust my source since I personally don't like BlackBerry."

Lol and how do you verbalize this number -25,0000? Or write it in letter form

03-16-15 01:30 PM
    ASP. If they are running lean manufacturing and the ASP is good MS can go blow chunks. 8000 or 800000 doesn't matter as long as the hardware division is show a profit.

I would bet handsets are being bundled with BES in a way that they are either breaking even or just slightly loosing, but Chen seems to be a profit guy not a desperate one.
    03-16-15 01:31 PM
    Negative 25,000?
    03-16-15 01:39 PM

Fixed.

kumasi likes this.
    03-16-15 01:42 PM
    They are talking about VARs ,BB partners ,so that was what the article was about,misleading but not good news.Salesforce comes to mind and I remember when Chen announced that Partnership ,he frowned and really was counting on them to step up to the plate.
    03-16-15 01:46 PM
    They are talking about VARs ,BB partners ,so that was what the article was about,misleading but not good news.Salesforce comes to mind and I remember when Chen announced that Partnership ,he frowned and really was counting on them to step up to the plate.
    What is VAR (value-added reseller)? - Definition from WhatIs.com
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    03-16-15 01:47 PM
    In the past when the press has made wrong or misleading comments about BBRY, John Chen was fast to debunk the information. This has now been allowed to stand for several hours - where is Chen or a BBRY spokesperson to counter this bad news?
    03-16-15 02:10 PM
252 1234 ...