It seems like every time BBRY goes up, The Street (Jim Cramer's blog) posts an article titled "Why BlackBerry (BBRY) Is Up Today" giving a bit of detail on why it when up, but the majority of the post is:

"TheStreet Ratings team rates BLACKBERRY LTD as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:

"We rate BLACKBERRY LTD (BBRY) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."

..."

There's no "analysis" post on days when BBRY is down.

Done intentionally to drive the stock down? Or a need to explain why the stock did the opposite of their recommendation?
    01-15-14 05:04 PM
    Who is still taking this computer generated crap seriously, anyone?
    01-15-14 05:41 PM
    It is click bate. When any stock makes a big move, the market watchers are more likely to read an article about that stock. Don't take it too seriously.
    Also don't give them too hard a time. Some intern probably writes the first draft of the article. And writing 200 plus articles a year on a stock has got to be darn hard. So a lot of crap gets posted.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:43 PM
    Well, I'll have to say that I actually sold my BB shares today, hours before Cramer posted this stuff. Not that I don't believe in the stock, or the company, but I was planning to get some cash out in the next couple of weeks anyway for an upcoming bill, and I have trouble seeing anything that will improve the market perception of the company between now and then.

I fully expect the stock to settle back down (as it did following last year's CES), at which point I will buy back in again.

Don't take this as pessimism; I still see a lot of long term potential here. But they won't be reporting sales figures for a bit, and the stock has had a huge (almost 60%) run up, largely on Chen's honeymoon. I'm as excited as anyone about the prospects for BlackBerry, but until I see solid results I need to pull back.
    01-15-14 06:55 PM