After two years or such, I finally got that picture (and I went there really often !)
    Don't tell me it has been published already. Even if it has. I don't care. I don't want to read it.
    I've achieved one of my life goals ; after the Brand name, we now have the products listed on DLNA.org site
    No Miracast on Z10, Ok ... BUT !!!-capture.jpg
    P.S: oh, wait a minute ... "Research in Motion Limited" ???
    Nooooooo ... should I wait 2 more years to see it updated to "BlackBerry"
    08-14-13 06:26 PM
    haha yes i know you have been waiting to see that!
    08-14-13 07:02 PM
    I'm confused... These devices have been able to serve media via DLNA from the start... so what's the news?
    It would be great if our devices could connect to DLNA servers without having to use 3rd party apps though...
    08-14-13 07:04 PM
    I'm confused... These devices have been able to serve media via DLNA from the start... so what's the news?
    It would be great if our devices could connect to DLNA servers without having to use 3rd party apps though...
    Sorry kinda running gag. You must rewind to 9900 launch and BB7 leaks to understand how long i've been monitoring this
    More seriously, being DLNA capable ( BB OS 7.1) and DLNA certified is different, thus some kind of news.

Posted via CB10
    mk2234 and ofutur like this.
    08-14-13 07:48 PM
    Sorry Suprfly, I get your enthusiasm, DLNA is something I really value as well and it is good to see this update as "certified" but still... the change on the DLNA sheet of certified devices affects me much less than knowing that my phone will be the only bb10 phone not to support miracast... I do not pretend to be a party bummer, but I see the thread and I can still only think:

"DLNA certified BB10 phones (YEAH!) OK... BUT... everyone gets miracast apart from the Z10 which I paid 600Euro to buy"

that said, and in all honesty, I am happy that one of your life goals is achieved!!
    Superfly_FR and anon1727506 like this.
    08-15-13 05:03 AM
    Well, if we refer to the current equipment (not on the web, in house) you're more likely happy with DLNA than Miracast...
    I for one was happy to see it on the list. But frankly none of my multiple (say a dozen) multimedia device handle this protocol.
    That said, well, I can understand the frustration for some of you but, btw, on what type of device did you plan to use Miracast ?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 12:18 PM
    Well, if we refer to the current equipment (not on the web, in house) you're more likely happy with DLNA than Miracast...
    I for one was happy to see it on the list. But frankly none of my multiple (say a dozen) multimedia device handle this protocol.
    That said, well, I can understand the frustration for some of you but, btw, on what type of device did you plan to use Miracast ?

Posted via CB10
    I bought (more fool me) a 30 Miracast dongle for my TV so I could have a play with it. At least it does DLNA and Wifi direct so not a total waste of money. Still psses me off tho

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1047
    08-15-13 12:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    To begin with I do not necessarily need it per se, that is the plain truth. It would be great if I could use it on a very nice LG Tv at work for meetings but not the end of the world really.

What does bother me on principle though is that while BB has 3 BB10 models out, only the Z10 does not support it and at the same time it presented as a device that is better (higher tier) than the q5 that does support it. Also the fact that the Z10 is currently the only full touch screen device on BB10 (till the z30 comes out) is not particularly good for sales imo and personally, as a consumer I feel bumped out by this.

As I said, not a huge thing but then again, it does kind of wake up some RIM memories as an aftertaste.

PS:BTW anyone having problems with DLNA video streaming on a Sony Bravia KDL-40NX800? please if you had and found a solution PM me or pop in at the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post9014480
    thanks! ( I think it has to do with DLNA supporting only MPEG2 formats: (Renderer Photo (jpeg)/Music(LPCM/MP3)/Video(MPEG2/AVCHD)
    DLNA Client Photo (jpeg)/Music(LPCM/MP3)/Video(MPEG2/AVCHD)
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 08-15-13 at 01:27 PM.
    08-15-13 12:54 PM
    So what is miracast?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 12:59 PM
    So what is miracast?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:09 PM