Nintendo has been ignoring the mobile space for too long. What better way for them to enter it than to purchase BlackBerry? They could also introduce interactivity between their BB10 devices and consoles. Sales of handhelds would go through the roof!
    06-29-13 08:16 PM
    LOL

10 chars
    06-29-13 08:20 PM
    Mario Kart on the Z10 and A10 would be awesome!
    theRock1975 and Korepab like this.
    06-29-13 08:23 PM
    Mario Kart on the Z10 and A10 would be awesome!
    24 player Mario kart!

Posted via CB10
    Korepab likes this.
    06-29-13 10:42 PM
    I was thinking troll post. But then you mentioned Mario Kart.... genius!

Posted in the pooper
    amp323 likes this.
    06-29-13 11:58 PM
    Lmfao this gave me a laugh

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:11 AM
    Nintendo has been ignoring the mobile space for too long. What better way for them to enter it than to purchase BlackBerry? They could also introduce interactivity between their BB10 devices and consoles. Sales of handhelds would go through the roof!
    Actually, this is a pretty good idea.

I never thought that it would make sense, but actually, it does.

Under the premise, that Nintendo will soon have no handheld to offer anymore, because the market mainly goes after cheap mobile phone games, and the handheld production isn't profitable anymore, an entering of Nintendo in the mobile phone sector would actually make sense.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:09 AM
    Not to mention Nintendo can crack the Japanese market that BlackBerry has left.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:30 AM
    Oh god please no lol

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:42 PM
    And if Nintendo wanted to enter the smartphone market they'd have no interest in hardware, they'd make they're games available on all platforms. Which they've already said they have no intention of doing. Maybe when they go bankrupt they'll give in.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:45 PM
    And rename the A10 to Gameboy10
    m1a1mg likes this.
    07-05-13 07:45 PM
    I think it should be the other way around. Nintendo's future is looking very dim. Blackberry would introduce a QNX gaming platform with all of Nintendo's best titles. Something where console that's contacted to home media interacts with mobile and car.

The future is mobility so why not a kid pause a game at home and continue in the truck with rear TV's? Why not have Xbox live type service and but it a phone and car as well. Just moving the media over from one QNX source to the other.

I should be working for Blackberry.
    07-05-13 08:48 PM
    I think it should be the other way around. Nintendo's future is looking very dim.
    Good God no! BlackBerry would put Mario in a dull black suit and tie sitting at a desk doing his tax returns for 100 levels with the special in-app purchase bonus pack option of controlling Mario as he draws a pie chart on his PlayBoo...oh wait no that would have to be an iPad...or Surface...or Galaxy...or pretty much any tablet still in production/actively developed while Dilbert is busy committing suicide by strangling himself with his tie in the background.

That's BlackBerry's idea of what people do for fun. We're all Corporate robots who work for "Enterprises", aren't we Thorsten?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 07-12-13 at 03:56 PM.
    notfanboy and m1a1mg like this.
    07-05-13 09:15 PM
    Nintendo's future is looking very dim.
    I don't know about that. The Wii U's biggest pooched problem is that Nintendo's A List killer titles weren't on it at launch and weren't coming out in a steady stream after. Nintendo's own titles have long obliterated sales of third party titles (generally) and helped to drive sales of the system as a whole.

Run rates can change fairly quickly with a good, popular Nintendo franchise game.
    07-12-13 03:28 PM
    I don't know about that. The Wii U's biggest pooched problem is that Nintendo's A List killer titles weren't on it at launch and weren't coming out in a steady stream after. Nintendo's own titles have long obliterated sales of third party titles (generally) and helped to drive sales of the system as a whole.

Run rates can change fairly quickly with a good, popular Nintendo franchise game.
    It's more difficult to develop for Nintendo then it is for the XBOX and PS3. This is why so many titles have been delayed or have been canceled. It's not a direct port in platform. So an enormous amount of code has to be rewritten just for the same game.

It's not just delayed games now but always in the future. You will be able to get a game for the PS3 or Xbox way before the WiiU.
    07-13-13 07:32 AM
    Good God no! BlackBerry would put Mario in a dull black suit and tie sitting at a desk doing his tax returns for 100 levels with the special in-app purchase bonus pack option of controlling Mario as he draws a pie chart on his PlayBoo...oh wait no that would have to be an iPad...or Surface...or Galaxy...or pretty much any tablet still in production/actively developed while Dilbert is busy committing suicide by strangling himself with his tie in the background.

That's BlackBerry's idea of what people do for fun. We're all Corporate robots who work for "Enterprises", aren't we Thorsten?

Posted via CB10
    That's hilarious!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-13 07:41 AM
    If Nintendo owned BlackBerry, the idea of BBM going cross platform would get someone fired. It wouldn't happen until half a century after miyamoto's death. Must stubborn company ever.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    07-13-13 07:45 AM
    If Nintendo owned BlackBerry, the idea of BBM going cross platform would get someone fired. It wouldn't happen until half a century after miyamoto's death. Must stubborn company ever.
    Which one? Nintendo or BlackBerry?
    07-13-13 09:02 AM
    Which one? Nintendo or BlackBerry?
    Umm, Nintendo.

Which is why there is no Mario, Pokemon, etc on other platforms.

Of course it's a part of their success (or maintains their existence) so it will be this way for many more decades I presume.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    07-13-13 09:27 AM
    When you consider how many Nintendo Wii consoles are out there (99.84 million as of March 31), exclusive interactivity with a BlackBerry 10 smartphone would be pretty cool.
    07-14-13 09:32 PM
    OP, you really can't think of an easier way for Nintendo to enter the smartphone gaming market that doesn't involve buying an entire company?
    07-14-13 10:55 PM
    Nintendo and blackberry are my 2 favorite companies. I would support this

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 11:19 PM
    all the phones would be called Pokedex's
    07-14-13 11:47 PM
    OP, you really can't think of an easier way for Nintendo to enter the smartphone gaming market that doesn't involve buying an entire company?
    There are much simpler ways, baby steps, for sure. This would be an option for them.
    07-14-13 11:56 PM
    Noooooooo
    07-15-13 12:11 AM
32 12