Any good guess for the next quarter (earnings) outlook?
    I'm thinking its going to get a whole lot worse from here forward, i thought fairfax was going to come through on the privatization.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:46 PM
    Any good guess for the next quarter (earnings) outlook?
    I'm thinking its going to get a whole lot worse from here forward, i thought fairfax was going to come through on the privatization.

Posted via CB10
    It's likely to get even worse for a while.
    11-04-13 07:08 PM
    Well they sold less phones at a cheaper price.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-04-13 07:11 PM
    It will be better than last, but probably still not good.
    11-04-13 07:12 PM
    I think it will be much worse and probably shipped less than a million phones while lowering margin significantly.
    11-04-13 07:21 PM
    I am not worried about the next quarter. I just want to see the next phone.
    11-04-13 07:30 PM
    A billion dollars loan sounds a lot like write down #2 coming. The estimated billion to shut down the hardware (despite any news reports saying other things) and an equal loss of cash from last quarter it looks like to me.
    Hopefully during all the tire kicking (if that even happend) there could be some intrest in a os licensing somewhere in the fog.

The media is going to love the next set.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 07:42 PM
    BAD

With the "sale" looming and all of the uncertainty and the fact that advertising is almost non-existent.... don't see how it could be anything other than BAD. And I don't see how they stabilize the company or people trust in the Brand not being on it's last legs... when it really seems like they are running out of time with not PLAN B in site.

It's a nice big snow ball that is going down hill and gaining speed and "troubles", at some point it will reach terminal velocity and no one will stop it without destroying it.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-05-13 01:04 PM
    BAD

With the "sale" looming and all of the uncertainty and the fact that advertising is almost non-existent.... don't see how it could be anything other than BAD. And I don't see how they stabilize the company or people trust in the Brand not being on it's last legs... when it really seems like they are running out of time with not PLAN B in site.

It's a nice big snow ball that is going down hill and gaining speed and "troubles", at some point it will reach terminal velocity and no one will stop it without destroying it.
    ^^ This.

If you thought the last ER was bad, maybe you should unplug the TV/interweb on 20th December to protect your heart from shocks.

Sales were already sluggish, a billion dollar write-down was announced, new Z30 announced at some back-water event and with zero marketing, and to top it off the company puts itself up for sale!

What message do you think that sends to the buying public?

"C'mon, buy our loverlee phones, they're loverlee. Buy with confidence, coz our new owners will probably continue to support BB10"

The next ER will be brutal.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-05-13 04:25 PM
    when it really seems like they are running out of time with not PLAN B in site.
    I thought BB10 was Plan B? By my count, we're on Plan D.

Plan A was to continue to expect BBOS7 to continue to sell millions and millions of units. BBRY took several years to see how that panned out. Plan B was BB10. Plan C was for BBRY to try to sell itself, initially being secretive about it and then being ultra-obvious about it.

Plan C included a strategic alternatives (and multiple "for sale" and "for quick sale") announcement, laying off over half of its workforce, constant goading of companies to view its books, and a fake bid from Prem Watsa so there was actually a LOT more work that went into Plan C than some may realize.

Now we're on Plan D, which is for BBRY to continue making handsets and not sell itself. This is a big question mark since pension funds and other financiers had expressed interest in BBRY given a viable turnaround strategy. Chen has his work out for him because BBRY is in poor condition to continue business as usual after Plan C and it also happens to be short on cash and time.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    11-05-13 04:44 PM
    With BBRY worst than expected strategy has a proven track record..some day it will be broken but for now I will rather stick with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 06:47 PM