I think this story may be of interest to some of the shareholders here. I have no idea if this is a reputable organization.

NASDAQ:BBRY Investor Alert: Investigation of potential Takeover of BlackBerry at

Friday, October 04, 2013
    The Shareholders Foundation announces that an investigation on behalf of investors, who currently hold shares of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) shares, was announced concerning whether the takeover of BlackBerry Ltd by a consortium to be led by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is unfair to NASDAQ:BBRY stockholders.

Canada based BlackBerry Limited, formerly Research In Motion Limited, is a designer, manufacturer, and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market.

Investors who purchased shares of the BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) and currently hold any of those NASDAQ:BBRY shares have certain options and should contact the Shareholders Foundation at mail(at)shareholdersfoundation.com or call +1(858) 779 – 1554.

The investigation by a law firm concerns whether certain officers and directors of BlackBerry Ltd breached their fiduciary duties owed to NASDAQ:BBRY investors in connection with the proposed acquisition.

On Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, BlackBerry Ltd announced its preliminary second quarter fiscal 2014 results. On Monday, Sept. 23, 2013, BlackBerry Ltd announced that it has signed a letter of intent agreement under which a consortium to be led by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited has offered to acquire the company subject to due diligence. BlackBerry Ltd said that the letter of intent contemplates a transaction in which BlackBerry shareholders would receive U.S. $9 in cash for each share of BlackBerry share they hold, in a transaction valued at approximately U.S. $4.7 billion.

However, given that shares of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) traded on Sept. 20, 2013, at $10.488 per share, respectively $11.57 per share on Sept. 9, 2013, the investigation concerns whether the BlackBerry Board of Directors undertook an adequate sales process, adequately shopped the company before entering into the transaction, maximized shareholder value by negotiating the best price, and acted in the shareholders’ best interests in connection with the proposed sale.
    NASDAQ:BBRY shares traded in early 2013 as high as $17.90 and as recently as June 26, 2013 as high as $14.91 per share.

Following the potential takeover news shares of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) jumped to $9.06 per share during Sept. 23, 2013.

Those who are current investors in BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) and purchased their NASDAQ:BBRY shares prior to the announcement, have certain options and should contact the Shareholders Foundation.

Shareholders Foundation, Inc.
    Joelle Day
    3111 Camino Del Rio North – Suite 423
    92108 San Diego
    Phone: +1-(858)-779-1554
    Fax: +1-(858)-605-5739
    mail@shareholdersfoundation.com
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-04-13 08:15 PM
    Hhhhhhhmmmmm........*raises one eyebrow and drums fingers on desk.....*
    10-04-13 08:29 PM
    So let's say the investigation finds some sort of fowl play, Fairfax withdraws offer, wouldn't the stock drop more leading to a lower bid by someone else?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:33 PM
    From another thread on CrackBerry: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...it-n-y-857311/

BlackBerry Ltd. was sued with Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins and Chief Financial Officer Brian Bidulka in federal court in Manhattan today by an investor.
    Bruce Dona, a lawyer for the plaintiff, Marvin Pearlstein, confirmed the filing of the complaint, which is a proposed class action, or group suit, against the struggling smartphone maker seeking to sell itself.
    A copy of the complaint wasn’t immediately available from the court.
    The case is Pearlstein v. Blackberry Ltd., 13-cv-07060, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (Manhattan).

To contact the reporter on this story: Patricia Hurtado in New York at pathurtado@bloomberg.net
    To contact the editor responsible for this story: Michael Hytha at mhytha@bloomberg.net
    10-04-13 08:34 PM
    Funny...I was just reading the thread concerning possible malfeasance. ...coincidence?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:36 PM
    So let's say the investigation finds some sort of fowl play, Fairfax withdraws offer, wouldn't the stock drop more leading to a lower bid by someone else?

Posted via CB10
    Only if there are chickens involved.
    r0v3rT3N, Saiga, ghundiraj and 1 others like this.
    10-04-13 09:16 PM
    Only if there are chickens involved.
    That wasn't a very pheasant thing to say.

Swyped in CB app.
    10-04-13 09:58 PM

Swyped in CB app.
    Well then, cluck you.
    10-04-13 10:09 PM
    The Shareholders Foundation is real:
    Shareholders Foundation
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-04-13 10:43 PM
    The Shareholders Foundation is real:
    Shareholders Foundation
    Thanks for that. I didn't have time to look it up when I posted this. The question of whether they are reputable is still an open one...for me
    10-04-13 11:58 PM
    I'm not going to let you jerks win. I'm not changing the spelling.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 02:11 AM
    I'm not going to let you jerks win. I'm not changing the spelling.

Posted via CB10
    I won't grouse about it.

Swyped in CB app.
    10-05-13 06:35 AM

Swyped in CB app.
    Why are you being so "Cocky"?
    10-05-13 06:40 AM
    Surely Thor was borderline criminal with his false statements in attempts to boost the share prices or get people to invest?
    10-05-13 06:42 AM
    Why are you being so "Cocky"?
    The investor alert just didn't make me quail.

Swyped in CB app.
    NaijaBerry and semperfi45 like this.
    10-05-13 07:26 AM
    All of this squawking about lawsuits. A bunch of chicken little reactions.

Now when the SEC opens investigations it will get interesting. Any bets on when that will occur?
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-05-13 07:51 AM
    If this is getting any traction, the share price will be $3 in a couple of months.

Anyone noticed that it is below the offer of 9?

Posted via CB10
    semperfi45 likes this.
    10-05-13 08:06 AM
    Im guessing sec investigation within the week that will likely find nothing after 4 months and the lawsuit stuff is just lawyers making their living while shareholders will get screwed again. Thats just the business. BlackBerry knows all about lawsuits they aren't a new company.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:11 AM
    What's criminal is the quality of BB management never improved over the years. The new hires in the C-Suite and new members of BOD are just as inept and incompetent as the old.

These lawsuits could be moot as more vultures like Cerberus and some strategic players circle the fallen BlackBerry to pick off the jewelry:

BlackBerry reportedly in talks with Cisco, Google, and SAP to sell off portfolio | CrackBerry.com
    semperfi45 likes this.
    10-05-13 08:21 AM
    What's criminal is the quality of BB management never improved over the years. The new hires in the C-Suite and new members of BOD are just as inept and incompetent as the old.

These lawsuits could be moot as more vultures like Cerberus and some strategic players circle the fallen BlackBerry to pick off the jewelry:

BlackBerry reportedly in talks with Cisco, Google, and SAP to sell off portfolio | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry hit with class action suit in U.S.

BlackBerry hit with class action suit in U.S. | Money | Toronto Sun
    10-05-13 08:23 AM
    Now when the SEC opens investigations it will get interesting. Any bets on when that will occur?
    I don't think there will be any investigation over BBRY manipulating the stock price downward. The organization in the OP would have more of a case if the stock were trading close to Fairfax's offer price or if there were competing bids; but, currently, the stock is trading at a record gap from the offer price so their entire case is rather ridiculous. Fairfax's bid isn't even binding (or "real" from the perspective of many investors) so it doesn't matter if the offer price is low or high.

If anything, there is a case for BBRY manipulating stock price upward from canceling the conference call to sneakily changing revenue recognition to all of Heins exaggerated BB10 sales statements. Also, BBRY should have never agreed to Fairfax's LOI. The terms are lopsided and grossly disadvantageous for BBRY.
    10-05-13 08:56 AM
    I don't think there will be any investigation over BBRY manipulating the stock price downward. The organization in the OP would have more of a case if the stock were trading close to Fairfax's offer price or if there were competing bids; but, currently, the stock is trading at a record gap from the offer price so their entire case is rather ridiculous. Fairfax's bid isn't even binding (or "real" from the perspective of many investors) so it doesn't matter if the offer price is low or high.

If anything, there is a case for BBRY manipulating stock price upward from canceling the conference call to sneakily changing revenue recognition to all of Heins exaggerated BB10 sales statements. Also, BBRY should have never agreed to Fairfax's LOI. The terms are lopsided and grossly disadvantageous for BBRY.
    Well, it's not like they didn't get caught manipulating share prices and got fined quite a few millions for it before.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:23 AM
    Exactly. Short memories -- guess who was caught red-handed stealing $250 MM of shareholder's money? But let's pretend this did not happen.

Well, it's not like they didn't get caught manipulating share prices and got fined quite a few millions for it before.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:40 PM