I am an avid supporter of BlackBerry, invested time, money and myself into their product and company. I read yesterday's news and thought, well that's it, they are looking into partnering or taking the company private. BlackBerry needs to reshape themselves, stop the delays, listen to their consumers, blackberry has some very smart people using their devices, what bothers me is that they come out and make this announcement, which indicates that the next qtr results are worse than they expected, Thor stared last qtr that they would be at a loss this qtr, I think that it's going to be a lot worse.

I think like last qtr when Thor made the announcement about the PlayBook, this qtr he will make a similar announcement that no one sees coming, top level execs leaving for whatever reason. The good people on this forum for the most part support BBRY and refuse to abandon ship, the board and Thor need to comb through crackberry and read, some good ideas, crazy ones to, but these are people who are very loyal to the brand and don't leave for the next big thing.

I do not know what the future is for BlackBerry, but I do know that they have a fantastic OS in BB10 and it's still in its infant stages, but hopefully will grow, I agree with a lot of posters on here let someone else build the hardware and concentrate on the OS, because at this stage of the game I don't believe that they can do both and be profitable, loyal users word of mouth is not a great ad campaign, it's new it's fresh market it like your life depends on it, there are a lot of consumers out there that don't know about the new devices, and you can't do it 3 months after initial launch.

DON'T LIE to me, the PlayBook announcement was epic, a lot of people purchased this product because the ceo stated that BB10 would be coming, only to be lied to, and the best explanation was it was the hardest thing to do, look if it don't work then it don't work, be honest though, truth be told, you didn't sell enough devices due to delayed launches, and could not justify the resources for the PlayBook.

I personally think BlackBerry will be different by this time next year, don't know if that's good or bad but we will see.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 06:03 AM
    I'm down with bb10 not coming to playbook. If it isn't working right then that's acceptable to me. My phones my phone and my playbook is my PlayBook so I want what's best for each. What has got people's backs up is dropping support totally! Talk about insult after injury.
    Although bb10 is in a good place blackberry are not and they bring that on themselves. Like you say they should pop on this board now and again. Which is why at the moment we are currently trying to get the feelings of people in here to BlackBerry top brass. Everyone's ready to ride out the storm with them because of faith in the quality of the products. There is however no faith in the company.

I've been using my z10 a lot lately I usually use my 9800 torch for work. Been looking at the features in the calender for instance. Just looking at an appointment I had today, without any user intervention from me everyone who could be involved in the meeting is in there plus emails, messages or files are shown that might be related. It's like having a secretary next to you and you tell them your going to a meeting and they pull out everything you may need! That right there is a work of genius.
    Then blackberry balls it up by breaking the link between my PlayBook and outlook which is the two other important things in my life for getting stuff done. And, they're all seemingly relatively cheap things to fix but blackberry seems to not want to play ball on any of the matters.
    If BlackBerry sorted the bridge, a couple of minor tweaks to the PlayBook with some security updates if needed and got 2way syncing with outlook back the amount of customer complaints would reduce to nil. Then they could concentrate on fine tuning bb10 phones. It seems crazy they are missing this small but very important detail.

Do this and I wouldn't care less about share prices. I would know I've found the right phone for me (as would other business users again) and I would be in for the long game and BlackBerry could empty my pockets every time I was due an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 06:28 AM
    I'm down with bb10 not coming to playbook. If it isn't working right then that's acceptable to me. My phones my phone and my playbook is my PlayBook so I want what's best for each. What has got people's backs up is dropping support totally! Talk about insult after injury.
    Although bb10 is in a good place blackberry are not and they bring that on themselves. Like you say they should pop on this board now and again. Which is why at the moment we are currently trying to get the feelings of people in here to BlackBerry top brass. Everyone's ready to ride out the storm with them because of faith in the quality of the products. There is however no faith in the company.

I've been using my z10 a lot lately I usually use my 9800 torch for work. Been looking at the features in the calender for instance. Just looking at an appointment I had today, without any user intervention from me everyone who could be involved in the meeting is in there plus emails, messages or files are shown that might be related. It's like having a secretary next to you and you tell them your going to a meeting and they pull out everything you may need! That right there is a work of genius.
    Then blackberry balls it up by breaking the link between my PlayBook and outlook which is the two other important things in my life for getting stuff done. And, they're all seemingly relatively cheap things to fix but blackberry seems to not want to play ball on any of the matters.
    If BlackBerry sorted the bridge, a couple of minor tweaks to the PlayBook with some security updates if needed and got 2way syncing with outlook back the amount of customer complaints would reduce to nil. Then they could concentrate on fine tuning bb10 phones. It seems crazy they are missing this small but very important detail.

Do this and I wouldn't care less about share prices. I would know I've found the right phone for me (as would other business users again) and I would be in for the long game and BlackBerry could empty my pockets every time I was due an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Get yourself a Z30. All the BB in tablet form that you really need.
    08-13-13 09:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry can not afford to keep dump money into an non viable product like the PlayBook... they are having enough problems with their BB10 devices. I wish they would update my PlayBook and fix the Bridge function too, but I realize that there are bigger fish to fry.
    08-13-13 09:15 AM
    I hear what you're saying regarding spending money on a dead donkey. However, I'm talking about a pr exercise here. At the peak of blackberry success you couldn't wall into a business meeting with the 90% of the phones there being blackberry. Since then Thor seems to want to tackle the iPhone market which it has to be said thus far has failed miserably. Could it be that he has tackled the wrong market? Maybe he should have concentrated on his existing strengths and sort of phased in a bit or itoy.
    What he seems to have done is turned his back on everything that gave blackberry it's solid foundations.
    There is an old saying that all the people you tread on the way up is the more arses you need to kiss on the way back down.
    So far his relationship with the I crowd has not went well. They're a fickle bunch, the last thing blackberry needs right now is to start loosing it's long standing customers while they're busy trying to attract new ones.
    Even if blackberry set up a small team to see what they could do with all releases at the risk of the owner that would go a long way to improve customer relations.

Many,many times in my businesses I have carried out work at my expense which I could have charged for. They will tell people this and I will get another job out of it. In the long run it is worth it. BlackBerry don't need right now big time BlackBerry fans dissing them. What's best for stability for the company is not trying to attract maybe buyers and look after their customers. At the moment it feels like I'd you're not on board with Thor vision then he doesn't give a **** about you whether you bought a previous product or not.

Regarding the z30. This is my case in point. I haven't really looked that far into it yet and I should because I'm die hard bb. Having said that what's not to say blackberry will do the same as they have with my playbook? If I bought in and it happened again that would make me the fat end of a mugs game! That brings me to the point of the company is letting down the product with its business model. Even if the z30 would pick me up after a drinking session and take me home with a take away would blackberry knock it on the head the next time they have a big idea!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:01 PM
    Another point I picked up on. When they stopped 2way sync with outlook there was an out cry. BlackBerry didn't seem to care that that is what they're customers wanted. I kept seeing comments saying but other phones don't either. What they had was a usp that attracted many customers and they ditched it. That is a company in my eyes that has lost touch with its customers.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:06 PM
    I hear what you're saying regarding spending money on a dead donkey. However, I'm talking about a pr exercise here. At the peak of blackberry success you couldn't wall into a business meeting with the 90% of the phones there being blackberry. Since then Thor seems to want to tackle the iPhone market which it has to be said thus far has failed miserably. Could it be that he has tackled the wrong market? Maybe he should have concentrated on his existing strengths and sort of phased in a bit or itoy.
    What he seems to have done is turned his back on everything that gave blackberry it's solid foundations.
    There is an old saying that all the people you tread on the way up is the more arses you need to kiss on the way back down.
    So far his relationship with the I crowd has not went well. They're a fickle bunch, the last thing blackberry needs right now is to start loosing it's long standing customers while they're busy trying to attract new ones.
    Even if blackberry set up a small team to see what they could do with all releases at the risk of the owner that would go a long way to improve customer relations.

Many,many times in my businesses I have carried out work at my expense which I could have charged for. They will tell people this and I will get another job out of it. In the long run it is worth it. BlackBerry don't need right now big time BlackBerry fans dissing them. What's best for stability for the company is not trying to attract maybe buyers and look after their customers. At the moment it feels like I'd you're not on board with Thor vision then he doesn't give a **** about you whether you bought a previous product or not.

Regarding the z30. This is my case in point. I haven't really looked that far into it yet and I should because I'm die hard bb. Having said that what's not to say blackberry will do the same as they have with my playbook? If I bought in and it happened again that would make me the fat end of a mugs game! That brings me to the point of the company is letting down the product with its business model. Even if the z30 would pick me up after a drinking session and take me home with a take away would blackberry knock it on the head the next time they have a big idea!

Posted via CB10
    That was before BYOD. Now BB has to compete with iPhone. And the Z10 was not a strong enough contender, neither was the Q.

2013 and beyond is all about the apps. BB simply cannot win or compete now. It is impossible.

Makes me sad.
    08-13-13 03:24 PM
    08-13-13 10:28 PM