If the stock hits $12...prove me wrong^

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:49 PM
    Lot of investors on CrackBerry, not sure many shorts are...

Many of those investors here are making emotional decisions ( I support BlackBerry I buy stock..). Shorters are making decisions based the volatile of the stock, and the history of the management.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:24 PM
    Lot of investors on CrackBerry, not sure many shorts are...

Many of those investors here are making emotional decisions ( I support BlackBerry I buy stock..). Shorters are making decisions based the volatile of the stock, and the history of the management.

Posted via CB10
    That is your opinion...no doubt some may be emotional and some shorts may be TA folks. One thing is certain. BlackBerry has improved it's market cap over 1.5 B since last week.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:29 PM
    That is your opinion...no doubt some may be emotional and some shorts may be TA folks. One thing is certain. BlackBerry has improved it's market cap over 1.5 B since last week.

Posted via CB10
    But that was after losing 80% or 90% in 5 years? That seems to me like noise at this point.
    08-14-13 08:42 PM
    @2ys4u - Given your (convoluted) logic, all of the positive posts are from Pump and Dumpers hoping for a quick score while BlackBerry attempts to sell the company.

Sigh.
    08-14-13 08:49 PM
    Neva said "all" but without any doubt when the shorts are in danger thry pull any and everything destroy this company. At the moment going to $12 or better sets em off

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:07 PM
    I think BlackBerry has a few bigger problems than the shorts.
    Like trying to find a buyer.
    danprown, Etios and JeepBB like this.
    08-14-13 09:09 PM
    A nice buy rumor at this point would be a nice pick up with enough fuel to last two days ^

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:15 PM
    Shorts are a different animal. They don't trade on emotion. They trade based on many tidbits of information. It takes a lot of courage and knowledge to bet against the rise of a stock. They aren't stupid. Look at how many shares are outstanding. They obviously aren't worried because of how many shares are still not being covered. When they do panic you will know it, bbry will be 20 on that day. These guys are hanging solid. So putting bad news out there isn't even their style, they are confident this will not end well for bbry. Time will tell who was right. Will be a lot of hurt on one side.

Posted via CB10
    anon1727506 likes this.
    08-14-13 09:16 PM
    Honestly, I doubt their looking for a buyer as much as a partnership. About to be interesting ^

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:13 PM
    If the stock hits $12...prove me wrong^
    If you believe that institutional shorts are here on CB making negative posts in order to talk their position, you're kidding yourself.

Or, if you believe institutional shorts are anywhere near underwater at $12, you're kidding yourself even worse.

Sorry, but this is absurd. The only people posting here are a few retail types who shorted 200 shares at $8.
    Last edited by mset; 08-14-13 at 11:41 PM.
    08-14-13 10:23 PM
    Honestly, I doubt their looking for a buyer as much as a partnership. About to be interesting ^

Posted via CB10
    They may not have a choice. The Board put the company in play. Who would want to partner with them?
    08-14-13 10:43 PM
    Neva said "all" but without any doubt when the shorts are in danger thry pull any and everything destroy this company. At the moment going to $12 or better sets em off

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry is more worried about survival than the shorts.

Now that the news that they have been trying to sell Blackberry for YEARS is more of a problem.
    08-16-13 05:35 AM
    Stock Value isn't really tied to company survival, it is an indicator and does limit the company from raising capital if they choose to sell off any company owned stock. But if you believe that shorters can drive BB out of business or affect sales of device....

And while what happened this week did improve the value of the stock and the company. It means very LITTLE in the long term - at least in regards the likelihood of the BB10 Platform becoming a profitable player in the smartphone market. It sounds a lot more like the big investors are trying to protect their investment, before anymore value it lost.
    08-16-13 07:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    I do not think you will be seeing $12 or over for a while. The longer this "sale" thing goes on with no buyer will see BBRY deflating. I know it will be painful for many but I would get out while there is anything left. Even if the find a buyer, it will not be lucrative for the stockholders.
    08-20-13 03:43 AM
    I do not think you will be seeing $12 or over for a while. The longer this "sale" thing goes on with no buyer will see BBRY deflating. I know it will be painful for many but I would get out while there is anything left. Even if the find a buyer, it will not be lucrative for the stockholders.
    Very possible that it won't be. With news about a proposed offer from last year at being only $8 a share, the chances of a offer this year for more are very slim. A buyer is NOT going to want to pay full price for BlackBerry right now, it is like an old used car. A buyer is most likely planning on reselling the parts to try and make a profit, that means getting the whole as "cheaply" as they can.

The major investor all know that IF BB10 is not selling well and IF BES10 is not gaining subscribers... IF this is the case, then the company is going to start loosing money very quickly - a year from now they might be looking at Bankruptcy. At that point they have no control over what they can salvage of their investment. So finding a buyer NOW, that will buy the company at a discount is a much better alternative to getting pennies on the dollar via a Bankruptcy.

Of course maybe they sold 5 Million BB10 devices this quarter, and have licensed several million new iOS and Android devices via BES10 and increase their overall "paid" subscriber base??? And Prem is just wanting to take advantage of a potential GOLD MINE!

EIther is a possibility... only one really fits the situation. But it is also just as likely that neither is the case... which is why BBRY isn't an investment anymore, it is a gamble at this point. DON'T play unless you can afford to loose!
    08-21-13 08:30 AM
    The shorts aren't here, but it would be extremely cheap for them to hire out some shills like Samsung got caught doing.

Shorting is extremely risky because it's done with borrowed money on borrowed time. If you break even on a short position, you lose because of the transaction cost. Tens of millions of shares were shorted under $12 which is why the short held shares are still so numerous even after the dump the share price took after the last earnings report. You would think more of them would have cashed out.

It won't take much to trigger a squeeze, and if that happens, the share price will spike hard and fast. Billions will be lost and made very quickly. Even institutional investors might end up folding if they're in deep enough.

I don't know if they hire people to trash talk BlackBerry on the Internet, but given the amount of money involved, I certainly wouldn't rule it out.
    08-21-13 05:55 PM
    You got us... Luckily for you though, we're hired guns. For 500$ (or an iphone5) I'll be singing BBRYs praises for a week.

I'm sure many of my co-slanderers would also be partial to an arrangement like this!
    08-21-13 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD