Not sure if this was posted but if you watch from the 13 minute mark they have an analyst on and in his opinion you wont see any more BB handsets unless your with enterprise. And also his take on what will happen with BB.

Lang & O'Leary Exchange - Finance - CBC Player
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-29-13 05:30 PM
    Seems to be the medias take on it all. Hope they continue to sell to those that want them.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 05:40 PM
    As much as I'm a BlackBerry pessimist, these 2 are just stooges. They provide as much financial insight as cnn analysts do

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    09-30-13 02:08 AM
    I think a big portion of the "news" on BlackBerry (and most subjects) is just rehashing what the particular "reporter" has hears someone else say. Very little investigation goes on most of the time.

There are a few analyst out there that have followed BlackBerry over the years, and a few newspapers (Canadian) that are close to a few sources... but it's pretty easy to see at this point it isn't just a bunch of smoke... there are flames now coming out of BB headquarters.

The question is anyone fanning those flames... (Fairfax, TH, PW , BoD) in order to benefit their agenda?
    09-30-13 09:27 AM
    BlackBerry will continue to sell devices to anyone who wants them. Remember: the devices still need to operate on cellular carriers: BB10 devices don't need BIS any more. BlackBerry has already started selling BB10 devices direct at shop.blackberry.com UNLOCKED.

My opinion is still that BlackBerry should treat this like an elite user ("prosumer") device LAUNCH.

Pull back from all carriers except for selected ones in each region. Make BB10 devices Verizon exclusive in the US, maybe Rogers exclusive in Canada, etc. Whichever carriers have been "best friend" to BlackBerry over the years. But, like Apple, continue to sell unlocked devices directly to consumers.

Yes, they'll upset a lot of carriers by pulling back, but honestly, how upset should they be the way the carriers treated BlackBerry? Totally negligent w.r.t. training store staff and making said staff tow the line on demonstrating the product (Carrier Store manager to staff: "Look, guys... stop slagging the BlackBerry devices... just get the customer's requirements and if BlackBerry's are a good fit, just demo the device and let the customer decide, alright?")

If and when there is a BlackBerry renaissance, they'll be bending over backwards to bet BB back on their networks, and any "withdrawal" by BlackBerry from the carrier will be forgotten.
    09-30-13 09:39 AM
    No all carriers in Canada, we have a good following here

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 01:51 AM
    No all carriers in Canada, we have a good following here
    I'm sure there should be exceptions, but the point is that if it's carrier exclusive, the exclusive carrier is more inclined to market the device PROPERLY than if it's not carrier-exclusive. Also, it not being available on ALL carriers may cause the kind of chatter that originally made BlackBerry "aspirational" in the first place. BlackBerry MUST (sooner the better) bring their devices up to par with others, so that when you see, say, a "Z50" next year with a 5.5" 1080p screen and 2.2 GHz quad core processor you are oooh-ing and ahhh-ing, rather than seeing someone holding a "failure" device like a Z10 (I love my Z10 but a device that didn't sell well, for whatever reason, isn't an aspirational device)... so BlackBerry sure has an uphill battle but battle they MUST. I don't wanna switch platforms. :-(
    10-01-13 11:24 AM

Just can't get of that.... BlackBerry grew too big too fast and stumbled over its own legs.
    What is happening now is a proper reset.

Just watch the video....

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-01-13 11:30 AM
    I'm sure there should be exceptions, but the point is that if it's carrier exclusive, the exclusive carrier is more inclined to market the device PROPERLY than if it's not carrier-exclusive. Also, it not being available on ALL carriers may cause the kind of chatter that originally made BlackBerry "aspirational" in the first place. BlackBerry MUST (sooner the better) bring their devices up to par with others, so that when you see, say, a "Z50" next year with a 5.5" 1080p screen and 2.2 GHz quad core processor you are oooh-ing and ahhh-ing, rather than seeing someone holding a "failure" device like a Z10 (I love my Z10 but a device that didn't sell well, for whatever reason, isn't an aspirational device)... so BlackBerry sure has an uphill battle but battle they MUST. I don't wanna switch platforms. :-(
    BlackBerry won't put leading specs in phones, they will put minimal

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:39 PM
    BlackBerry will continue to sell devices to anyone who wants them. Remember: the devices still need to operate on cellular carriers: BB10 devices don't need BIS any more. BlackBerry has already started selling BB10 devices direct at shop.blackberry.com UNLOCKED.

My opinion is still that BlackBerry should treat this like an elite user ("prosumer") device LAUNCH.

Pull back from all carriers except for selected ones in each region. Make BB10 devices Verizon exclusive in the US, maybe Rogers exclusive in Canada, etc. Whichever carriers have been "best friend" to BlackBerry over the years. But, like Apple, continue to sell unlocked devices directly to consumers.

Yes, they'll upset a lot of carriers by pulling back, but honestly, how upset should they be the way the carriers treated BlackBerry? Totally negligent w.r.t. training store staff and making said staff tow the line on demonstrating the product (Carrier Store manager to staff: "Look, guys... stop slagging the BlackBerry devices... just get the customer's requirements and if BlackBerry's are a good fit, just demo the device and let the customer decide, alright?")

If and when there is a BlackBerry renaissance, they'll be bending over backwards to bet BB back on their networks, and any "withdrawal" by BlackBerry from the carrier will be forgotten.
    Agree with a lot of the post except the Verizon exclusivity. I need GSM and not CDMA
    10-01-13 02:52 PM
    As much as I'm a BlackBerry pessimist, these 2 are just stooges.
    I understand that there are a lot of talking heads that are really over their heads and making s**t up as they go along, but I don't see either Amanda Lang or Kevin O'Leary that way. O'Leary is a proven money manager and even though he has a sometimes childishly simple right wing take on things, he knows a lot about business. Lang makes it her business to understand the stories she covers and I've never heard her obviously making things up.

CNN is the bottom of the barrel, especially since this recent 'makeover' or whatever the hell they're calling it. They have almost totally lost the plot.
    10-01-13 10:56 PM