Kevin O'Leary, of O'Leary Capital and Shark Tank fame, discussing tech companies on Squawk Alley today mentioned that he uses a BlackBerry Passport (in addition to an iPhone). He said he'd be willing to switch it out for the S6 if they give him a good reason to, but that he is addicted to the Passport's keyboard.
    Interestingly enough, in a different segment about 5 minutes later, BlackBerry messenger came up as being rated one of the highest apps for user retention rate. Of course John Fortt mentioned that he was incredulous of the data specifically because BlackBerry Messenger was rated so highly. You take the good with the bad I guess.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 11:26 AM
    he's mentioned his love of the passport before. but he's also misinformed about the app situation.

he said he carries the iphone for apps cause BB10 doesn't have uber. meanwhile, uber is perfectly useful on the web browser.

maybe he was too embarrassed to say that he needed the iphone for some stupid game he's addicted to.

i wish someone would ask him specifically what his iphone does that the passport doesn't and hopefully show him how to do it, or least we'd know what people like him are looking for.

honestly my biggest peeve with bb10 right now is not being able to use my phone as a remote for my home theatre equipment. i downloaded the android apps via snap. the tv remote works, but the AV receiver app doesn't connect. it's annoying. but i think it's little things like this that are a big deal to some people.
    04-07-15 12:08 PM
    ...he said he carries the iphone for apps cause BB10 doesn't have uber. meanwhile, uber is perfectly useful on the web browser.

maybe he was too embarrassed to say that he needed the iphone for some stupid game he's addicted to.

i wish someone would ask him specifically what his iphone does that the passport doesn't and hopefully show him how to do it, or least we'd know what people like him are looking for...
    Well, he is an Apple investor. So it isn't surprising he claims to carry an iPhone "for the apps" regardless of the validity of the claim.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 12:14 PM
    He's an *****.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    04-07-15 12:31 PM
    He's an *****.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    Yes, I think so too, but a rich and smart a55.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-07-15 12:46 PM
    Kevin O' is and always has been a bit of a poser. He likes what his portfolio likes.

I suspect he has some Blackberry shares under his mattress so in the future he can reap the monetary reward but also say "see I was right !"
    04-07-15 01:36 PM

Bingo.

Posted via CB10
    EchoTango likes this.
    04-07-15 08:38 PM