View Poll Results: Is this smart investing?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 31.71%
  • No

28 68.29%
    I agree with what you are saying. Thus, we need more people who actually see what is going on and start investing. To get those people, we need to help BlackBerry hype up their product. With their new marketing strategy, I hope they can accomplish this mission. This is the time for the smart people to invest. a company cannot fail if its consumers and supporters stand behind it.
    11-12-13 03:31 PM
    10.2.xxxx means nothing to the average guy on the street looking for a cell phone. Further, to the smart IT guy who is looking at buying smartphones for his company, is the really going to expect users to sideload apps? Not a chance. 10.2.xxxx only means something to BB fans, not the market in general.

But, after your last post I see what type you are. I hope you do well. There is a thread for those who run from reality: http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...shares-666490/
    oilgeo10 and rbenchley like this.
    11-12-13 03:49 PM
    10.2.xxxx means nothing to the average guy on the street looking for a cell phone. Further, to the smart IT guy who is looking at buying smartphones for his company, is the really going to expect users to sideload apps? Not a chance. 10.2.xxxx only means something to BB fans, not the market in general.

But, after your last post I see what type you are. I hope you do well. There is a thread for those who run from reality: http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...shares-666490/
    Yea, I've posted their months ago. I'm trying to start a new thread though. Reality, my friend, is what is going on now. BlackBerry not going private. BlackBerry getting almost $2 Billion dollars add to their cash. The reality is 10.2 which came 3 months after after being talked about. 10.3 is the next big thing for BlackBerry, which will probably be coming along with a new phone or two, to grab those who aren't aware of BlackBerry's next moves.

You want to know the type a person I am? I am a marketing major, who networks and sends emails on a daily. I talk business, I talk tech, I talk BlackBerry, I talk to women, I feel like I might be CEO material. lol You seem to be a negative advertising for BlackBerry and CrackBerry believers. I'm sure there's a thread for those types as well. Thank you for your wishes, I hope you succeed as well.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    11-12-13 04:04 PM
    I just want to know a few things...

What is the billion dollars for?
    If they had this billion dollars why didn't they take it private?
    How many handsets do you think they will sell this quarter?
    Given the number of handsets you think they sold can you approximate the existing inventory left over?
    What is the loss/cash burn numbers you think will come out next earnings?
    What is the likelihood that institutional investors are going to take a position in BlackBerry given the fact that everyone involved with the company at this point has said that it will burn cash for a year at least?
    Answer all those questions and then talk about how you think the os leaks are great.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 04:21 PM
    Yea, I've posted their months ago. I'm trying to start a new thread though. Reality, my friend, is what is going on now. BlackBerry not going private. BlackBerry getting almost $2 Billion dollars add to their cash. The reality is 10.2 which came 3 months after after being talked about. 10.3 is the next big thing for BlackBerry, which will probably be coming along with a new phone or two, to grab those who aren't aware of BlackBerry's next moves.

You want to know the type a person I am? I am a marketing major, who networks and sends emails on a daily. I talk business, I talk tech, I talk BlackBerry, I talk to women, I feel like I might be CEO material. lol You seem to be a negative advertising for BlackBerry and CrackBerry believers. I'm sure there's a thread for those types as well. Thank you for your wishes, I hope you succeed as well.
    I lost a chunk of money believing in BBRY. I kept looking for positive signs as well. Then reality kicked my a**.
    11-12-13 05:40 PM

Given the number of handsets you think they sold can you approximate the existing inventory left over?
    What is the likelihood that institutional investors are going to take a position in BlackBerry given the fact that everyone involved with the company at this point has said that it will burn cash for a year at least?
    Answer all those questions and then talk about how you think the os leaks are great.

Posted via CB10
    Good questions!
    Would be nice if Chris could comment on the current stock price.
    11-12-13 05:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    The billion dollars is from Fairfax Financial, Qatar Holdings, and some other groups who believe in the company enough to invest. The other billion is in taxes for their unsold goods (Z10, around 6-8million of them). So there's 2 Billion, if they get the second. If not, then its a loss, keep moving with what you got. They didn't take it private because the company didn't want to split up into pieces. And neither did agencies who are already BIG BES customers. Lenovo was denied because of security reasons. BlackBerry is still looked at as top dog in security.
    They are going up in sales is all I know. I have little time at the moment to get into these number games. I'm reading the market as a positive one. I think they will sell 5 million Z30's (before the U.S. sales), but that's just off the top of my head.This alone says it all. 1 billion dollar investment. They earned their rep in the Prosumer world. And its going to continue to grow. It will influence the consumers just as it did way back when it was Mike L and B. Dawg, right before they got that open letter, which I just so happened to have been reading about in my adv Comm class. Some how business schools still know the name BlackBerry (or RIM). Anyways, the company knows it needs to change, they just bought themselves more time. Like I said before, smart investors will read the market right.

Any further questions?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-13-13 01:31 AM
    I lost a chunk of money believing in BBRY. I kept looking for positive signs as well. Then reality kicked my a**.
    But then is different from now. You guys aren't reading it right..... or maybe they're going down the drain still. Oh well guess I'll be losing my $1000 good luck to BlackBerry, my farewell to Thorsten, Or my welcome to John Chen as New Interim CEO. I'm not alone of this boat. People are just to damn quiet on here.
    11-13-13 01:36 AM
    When are those new handsets coming out with 10.3? After the holiday sales season? Plop.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 05:58 AM
    When are those new handsets coming out with 10.3? After the holiday sales season? Plop.

Posted via CB10
    They only got one new handset, the Z30. It should have the new OS when it arrives with Verizon. They got a **** load of Z10 and Q10 units but they would have to be updated for the new OS.
    11-13-13 06:03 AM
    They only got one new handset, the Z30. It should have the new OS when it arrives with Verizon. They got a **** load of Z10 and Q10 units but they would have to be updated for the new OS.
    And don't forget, Verizon is so sure of the Z30, it's only sold online.
    11-13-13 06:42 AM
    Already bought 1200 shares $6.58

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-13-13 07:11 AM

And that matters how?

Wanting to believe in something is great, as long as you recognize that there are risk associated with it. I bet that most of your marketing professors would have told you that BlackBerry is a risk right now! If you can admit that you are being speculative with BBRY and that you are going to watch it carefully for an further signs of weakness... you'll be fine. If you blindly BELIEVE in BBRY and think that magically one day people will buy existing BB10 devices, or that a few tweaks to BB10 will bring consumers over... you need to stick with the existing thread and the rest of the "we are long on BBRY" true believers. (it's littered with the "broke" wreaks of once true believers)

Personally I think BBRY IS a buy right now - can see it being an easy 25% gain in the short term.... but I don't have much faith in BlackBerry as a whole company for the long term.
    11-13-13 07:46 AM
    The OP thinks 5 million Z30's will be sold this quarter?! Given that you can barely find any in Canada, I highly doubt that many were even made. I don't think it will be released in the U.S, available on line only and the BB store.
    At this point, there aren't even any new phones planned, Z30 is probably the last consumer device.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:22 AM
    The billion dollars is from Fairfax Financial, Qatar Holdings, and some other groups who believe in the company enough to invest. The other billion is in taxes for their unsold goods (Z10, around 6-8million of them). So there's 2 Billion, if they get the second. If not, then its a loss, keep moving with what you got. They didn't take it private because the company didn't want to split up into pieces. And neither did agencies who are already BIG BES customers. Lenovo was denied because of security reasons. BlackBerry is still looked at as top dog in security.
    They are going up in sales is all I know. I have little time at the moment to get into these number games. I'm reading the market as a positive one. I think they will sell 5 million Z30's (before the U.S. sales), but that's just off the top of my head.This alone says it all. 1 billion dollar investment. They earned their rep in the Prosumer world. And its going to continue to grow. It will influence the consumers just as it did way back when it was Mike L and B. Dawg, right before they got that open letter, which I just so happened to have been reading about in my adv Comm class. Some how business schools still know the name BlackBerry (or RIM). Anyways, the company knows it needs to change, they just bought themselves more time. Like I said before, smart investors will read the market right.

Any further questions?
    Why would the company take a one billion dollar loan at 6 percent? They just had 2.4 billion cash last quarter and expect a tax refund of 500 million at least for 2013.

You expect a better quarter of sales this one since last quarter? Consumer sentiment has increased since last?

Since you don't feel like looking at the "numbers" i guess there is little point in asking a question like how much do you think the next quarter write down will be if they don't sell your magical made up z30 numbers.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:30 AM

Any further questions?
    You are misunderstanding the market. Not focusing on the numbers as you admit is a big mistake here. It is not a "game." They are real and scary. They were lent $1B at 6% with a break up and conversion fee. Investors got great terms from BBRY, not the other way around. IF the real market believed in BBRY they could have got that money for about 4% with no equity rights. PW HAD TO invest to save his investment on $500M "paper" loss. Either a) he COULD NOT raise the 4B+ he needed to buy it or b) the internal numbers were so bad he didn't want to buy it. Either way the reaction and Stock price says it all. I think you should finish your classes first before you pontificate. "Smart" investors took a bath at 50, 40, 30,20 and even 10 in BBRY..... 5B z30's sold.....

I am going to guess, and I could be wrong, that you go to school in Canada? I can assure you most MBA programs are not using BBRY as an example of anything these days though if BBRY fails, they certainly will use it as a prime example of hubris, failure to adapt to the market place, what not to do and BoD mismanagement.
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 11-13-13 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typos
    fedakd and techvisor like this.
    11-13-13 09:37 AM
    After seeing what the next update will be capable of, it might be a great idea to invest now.

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-13-13 09:48 AM
    After seeing what the next update will be capable of, it might be a great idea to invest now.

Posted via CB10
    What installing the same apps you can get on an Andriod phone? J/k, sort of.......
    11-13-13 10:02 AM
    What installing the same apps you can get on an Andriod phone? J/k, sort of.......
    Well isn't that everyone's major gripe? The apps

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-13-13 10:34 AM
    Well isn't that everyone's major gripe? The apps

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    But I don't think it will be enough to differentiate the handset and inspire the consumer to chose it over an Andriod or iOS phone. It's catching up at best.
    techvisor and richardat like this.
    11-13-13 10:43 AM
    I am going to guess, and I could be wrong, that you go to school in Canada? I can assure you most MBA programs are not using BBRY as an example of anything these days though if BBRY fails, they certainly will use it as a prime example of hubris, failure to adapt to the market place, what not to do and BoD mismanagement.
    Maybe in the class, "How to monumentally fail at marketing a product" or "How to destroy your brand perception".
    techvisor likes this.
    11-13-13 10:54 AM
    Everyone has laid blame here and there, apps. Failed launch, bad marketing etc. The main reason BlackBerry has tanked, is the money left. The large us firms went to apple to invest. When the large institutions and hedge funds decided that Apple and Google were where they were going to prosper it was over for BlackBerry.When that money left it took with it the consumer. Why do you think that the industry has been saying to drop the hardware and focus on software for like 2 years? Thats where the money told BlackBerry to go and they still won't listen. Maybe the new ceo will.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 11:04 AM
    Why would the company take a one billion dollar loan at 6 percent? They just had 2.4 billion cash last quarter and expect a tax refund of 500 million at least for 2013.

You expect a better quarter of sales this one since last quarter? Consumer sentiment has increased since last?

Since you don't feel like looking at the "numbers" i guess there is little point in asking a question like how much do you think the next quarter write down will be if they don't sell your magical made up z30 numbers.

Posted via CB10
    The reason why I'm too busy is because I go to a university where I'm getting my bachelor's 15 units from now. And I plan to get my MBA soon after. I believe in great software, and I believe the company is going to accomplish it's goal. Read more bro, you want me to do all the calculations for you? So then maybe I can convince you into investing? Haha. Verizon isn't going to be what brings in the business. Especially at their high price, but the following carriers like tmobile, and at&t might. If you know BlackBerry you'll go and buy it online. Right now they're working their way on regaining consumer trust and appeal. 5 million Z30s is a small number for a stronger device. Maybe even four. It doesn't matter, my point whoever is doing the expected sales for the company I think they're evaluating things correctly. You are the one who wants to be talked into believing, again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-20-13 at 04:11 PM.
    11-13-13 07:57 PM
    Everyone has laid blame here and there, apps. Failed launch, bad marketing etc. The main reason BlackBerry has tanked, is the money left. The large us firms went to apple to invest. When the large institutions and hedge funds decided that Apple and Google were where they were going to prosper it was over for BlackBerry.When that money left it took with it the consumer. Why do you think that the industry has been saying to drop the hardware and focus on software for like 2 years? Thats where the money told BlackBerry to go and they still won't listen. Maybe the new ceo will.

Posted via CB10
    You obviously haven't read much, why are you wasting time. The new interim CEO said he isn't looking to drop the hardware business. If anything they will drop consumer support and focus more on the B2B sales, meaning the big companies.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:00 PM
    You are misunderstanding the market. Not focusing on the numbers as you admit is a big mistake here. It is not a "game." They are real and scary. They were lent $1B at 6% with a break up and conversion fee. Investors got great terms from BBRY, not the other way around. IF the real market believed in BBRY they could have got that money for about 4% with no equity rights. PW HAD TO invest to save his investment on $500M "paper" loss. Either a) he COULD NOT raise the 4B+ he needed to buy it or b) the internal numbers were so bad he didn't want to buy it. Either way the reaction and Stock price says it all. I think you should finish your classes first before you pontificate. "Smart" investors took a bath at 50, 40, 30,20 and even 10 in BBRY..... 5B z30's sold.....

I actually go to a university in california. Thanks for insulting the Canadians. It was an example of how the company went from top dog to the bottom. And if you know anything about the open letter, then you wouldn't have been assuming.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:03 PM
536 1234 ...