View Poll Results: Is this smart investing?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 31.71%
  • No

28 68.29%
    It would be a stupid move to completely drop the smartphone business just to focus on software. They can do both, have great software, and have great hardware. It's not a give or take situation. As Tino said, a big part of it is marketing. Without marketing you can't get the sales you want. And without getting the sales that you want, people who use the stockmarket to decide if the company is good, will not see it as a potential success.

Posted via CB10
    ok so if you think marketing the biggest BB problem... let me ask you? how much money BB have for marketing budget...samsung, apple, microsoft spend billion dollars of marketing budget and i'm sure even sony, LG, Lenovo all have marketing budget more than BlackBerry...

some vendor get marketing support from carrier, now without or small carrier support BlackBerry have to spend more money...hoping somehow BlackBerry making an advertising video then go viral with low budget it's very hard to do...see viral video for galaxy11 from samsung it's gone viral and attracting many people (maybe not in the US)...but it is a very expensive advertising video....

stockmarket is all about company future potential and growth...BB stock price dropping drastically because most investor dont see BBRY future as a company..

sure when BB sales get better the stock price will go up...but can BB improve their sales..? it is the biggest concern for investors today...investors know BBRY cant compete with other competitors cash, marketing, hardware price, brand image, apps selection, great after sales service, distribution..

it is capitalism...especially in tech industries. the rich will eat the poor...like it or not.
    Last edited by garnok; 12-15-13 at 02:14 AM.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-15-13 02:01 AM
    ok so if you think marketing the biggest BB problem... let me ask you? how much money BB have for marketing budget...samsung, apple, microsoft spend billion dollars of marketing budget and i'm sure even sony, LG, Lenovo all have marketing budget more than BlackBerry...

some vendor get marketing support from carrier, now without or small carrier support BlackBerry have to spend more money...hoping somehow BlackBerry making an advertising video then go viral with low budget it's very hard to do...see viral video for galaxy11 from samsung it's gone viral and attracting many people (maybe not in the US)...but it is a very expensive advertising video....

stockmarket is all about company future potential and growth...BB stock price dropping drastically because most investor dont see BBRY future as a company...
    Lol and have you seen some of LG's money? Its not about how much money you have (although if you read the financial you'll know BlackBerry has billions to spare, it's about how you use it, most of those companies don't have a bigger marketing budget because they need one necessarily, but because they can

BlackBerry needs to concentrate on maximising it's money and getting as much out of it as possible, more money doesn't necessarily equal better marketing, though it opens options up for you, I agree they need to get the support of networks so they can have their own stands in stores etc but it's a circular thing, because to have that support, they need to prove popular first..

And instead of saying 'I'm sure' why don't you strengthen your point so that we see sure aswell and provide numbers

For example ;

Samsung - sells more than just phones so looking at just their phone spending in 2012 -
    In 2012, Samsung spent $401 million advertising its phones in the U.S. to Apple's $333 million

Microsoft spent about $200 million on lumia 900 Nokia spend $120 million on their first windows smartphone (marketing)

Sony is about $5billion but that's for all products not just their phones, and they spend more on play station than their phones on marketing so..

LG have got a marketing problem, not enough cash so..

Lenovo are having marketing difficulties as well not as bad as LG but finding it hard getting the most out of their money, estimated spent $100millon on last campaign

Blackberry's January Campaign was estimated at over $200 million

So I repeat, not just about money, it's how you use it..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Otech#CB likes this.
    12-15-13 02:35 AM
    Lol and have you seen some of LG's money? Its not about how much money you have (although if you read the financial you'll know BlackBerry has billions to spare, it's about how you use it, most of those companies don't have a bigger marketing budget because they need one necessarily, but because they can

BlackBerry needs to concentrate on maximising it's money and getting as much out of it as possible, more money doesn't necessarily equal better marketing, though it opens options up for you, I agree they need to get the support of networks so they can have their own stands in stores etc but it's a circular thing, because to have that support, they need to prove popular first..

And instead of saying 'I'm sure' why don't you strengthen your point so that we see sure aswell and provide numbers

For example ;

Samsung - sells more than just phones so looking at just their phone spending in 2012 -
    In 2012, Samsung spent $401 million advertising its phones in the U.S. to Apple's $333 million

Microsoft spent about $200 million on lumia 900 Nokia spend $120 million on their first windows smartphone (marketing)

Sony is about $5billion but that's for all products not just their phones, and they spend more on play station than their phones on marketing so..

LG have got a marketing problem, not enough cash so..

Lenovo are having marketing difficulties as well not as bad as LG but finding it hard getting the most out of their money, estimated spent $100millon on last campaign

Blackberry's January Campaign was estimated at over $200 million

So I repeat, not just about money, it's how you use it..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    LOL

like you said $401 million dollars samsung marketing budget and apple 301 million dollars only in the US against BB marketing budget on 2012 only around 35 million dollars . worldwide samsung spend 4 billion dollars in 2012 , apple spend around 1 billion dollars, microsoft spend more than 1.5 billion dollars . not all of them for mobile phone/tablet of course but it's all to build a brand
    Chart of the Day: Samsung's galactic marketing budget - Apple 2.0 -Fortune Tech

$200 million dollars BBRY marketing budget is not just for january it is for their keep moving campaign, not sure how long the campaign but if we look on HTC robert downey campaign they spend 1 billion dollars

Lenovo $100million marketing budget are data from 2010 not sure how much Lenovo and LG recent marketing budget today...

like i said before...marketing is not the only reason smartphone became a success...but apple, samsung and microsoft they have billion dollars to support their product.... from marketing, distribution, hardware supplies, services etc, software R&D etc.. the strong will eat the poor
    12-15-13 03:24 AM
    Those figures are for all their products, I've provided just for smartphones which is what's relevant here, and when you loom at just for smartphones blackberry don't spend the most, but not by much, my figures are for the whole year, and as you've said the keep moving campaign was for the year as well,

BlackBerry can spend more if they decide to, but they need to spend it well, and when they've rounded up their products

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Otech#CB likes this.
    12-15-13 03:31 AM
    Those figures are for all their products, I've provided just for smartphones which is what's relevant here, and when you loom at just for smartphones blackberry don't spend the most, but not by much, my figures are for the whole year, and as you've said the keep moving campaign was for the year as well,

BlackBerry can spend more if they decide to, but they need to spend it well, and when they've rounded up their products

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    samsung, apple US marketing budget figure are only for mobile phone and tablet...and many samsung and apple advertising are to build their brand, not explaining about their product only for people to remember samsung and apple as a brand. samething as BlackBerry keep moving its meant for people remember BlackBerry as a brand

200 million dollars BlackBerry marketing budget...not even half samsung , and only 2/3 apple spend in mobile phone marketing budget...and both only for US marketing budget...and again both only last year
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...56651577771618

not sure if its legit or not 2013 samsung marketing budget are around 14 billion dollars, with that kind of money they can buy
    BlackBerry...5 times
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/52...st-history.htm

BlackBerry can spend more....but they are having higher risk than apple and samsung. apple only spend less than 1% their company cash, while samsung spend almost 20% of their cash but they still can cover it because their large revenue and still get huge profit...

and like you said they have to spend well ...matching other companies marketing budget will make BB death a lot quicker...they still need to sort their problem, give their potential customers what they want. apple and samsung have this luxury, BB doesnt have it
    Last edited by garnok; 12-15-13 at 04:28 AM.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-15-13 04:17 AM
    12-15-13 01:07 PM
    No one knows how truly smart a BlackBerry is...thats the truth. The marketing team has failed to keep its consumers as informed as they should be. Thanks you Tino for sharing. I hope it becomes clear how strong BlackBerry could become if they teach people more about their smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 12-15-13 at 04:17 PM. Reason: trolling
    12-15-13 01:51 PM
    Getting BB10 to run Android and iOS apps is a fool's errand in the grand scheme of things. At the end of the day you end up with... running Android and iOS apps. Access to those apps will always be at the mercy of Google and Apple, who de facto control the ecosystems. Unless one wants to download Android apps from Chinese and Russian "marketplaces" but no one will have any luck marketing this to North American customers.

Battery performance, ability to run with less RAM, headless apps, SERVICES (maps, email, messaging) -- this is where progress has to be made against Android and iOS in order for the consumer to see any value in BB10.

"That is the real measure of BB1o its flexibility and resilience as it continues driving innovation for BlackBerry. Those who do not see what’s coming should lift their heads from their screens and wake up."

No one knows how truly smart a BlackBerry is...thats the truth. The marketing team has failed to keep its consumers as informed as they should be. Thanks you Tino for sharing. I hope it becomes clear how strong BlackBerry could become if they teach people more about their smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    12-16-13 10:29 AM
    If you can't afford to loose it don't get into the market.

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    12-16-13 10:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    lol.. what? please explain how truly smart BB is then. or you dont know either?
    12-16-13 11:41 AM
    Buy cheap sell high!

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    12-16-13 04:00 PM
    lol.. what? please explain how truly smart BB is then. or you dont know either?
    It can understand more languages than an iPhone or an Android can. I believe that's one way of seeing it's true brains. And by languages, I mean programing languages... not Spanish, French, or Arabic, so don't get the two confused. I know how smart a BlackBerry is because I use one. I know how limited iPhones, and Androids are in terms of developing and stuff. How do you measure the smarts of your smartphone?? Please share.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 12-16-13 at 11:32 PM.
    12-16-13 05:35 PM
    How is it BS? If they tell you how they are getting the numbers i.e telling you their definition, which still no one has said where they are getting this definition from please I would like to know,
    What would be BS would be if that's the way they do it but they didn't actually say how they defined an 'active' user, then people would be comparing across other fb/twitter with data that isn't the same
    I don't disagree that they should change the way they do it, but it's not BS
    Remember the tale of Chicken Little I cited. ….. BB has lost its credibility in the marketplace so the assumption for most news from BB is that it is without validity even as some other upstarts may have/use similar methods. Therefore, it will be up to BB to prove that it can make revenue from this source, perhaps, even before its (upstart) competition, rather than merely make "blind" announcements. … Sorry to break the news, it’s just how Wall Street (and life) works.
    Fair enough, but if I down loaded xBBM when it first came out. Used it for 2 days, sent 4 messages and haven't used it since. Am I really an active user. How about an average monthly user. For a product they expect you to use everyday, they should report daily users. It is the best way to measure it and Wall St will expect to know this metric.
    It probably doesn’t matter. As stated above, BB will have to prove it can make money. Only the investors with lottery mentality and scamster analysts looking to support fees of their counterparts can recommend BB before it proves it can generate revenues (likely to make a profit) again.
    I disagree, I've posted various articles and said consistently and have been supporting in saying BlackBerry has a very strong hardware potential, just lacking marketing reducing BlackBerry to bbm is the work of those who aren't seeing blackberry as it is and are just looking at short term profits, I was talking to a friend who has an iPhone today and he agrees that Blackberry represents everything someone would want in terms of getting things done, but he sees that society doesn't want to get things done as a majority.

They want class, recognition uniformity, things that they shouldn't if they want to get things done,..
    So no, BlackBerry has a lot more than BBM, BBM is just a bonus. Raise money for what? Its not about raising money, they need to start using it in the right way, that's what Chen is there for… [Note: With your comments I bolded, I presume your friend is a (sophomore) philosophy major.]
    I understand that you have see-sawed…..but you can’t have it both ways (for BB). Indeed, I suspect that such mentality has been the root of their problem. BB can’t seem to focus on anything but rather shotguns its strategy across too broad an arena given their financial status and lack of market presence. Tino, are you aware what a 10Q provides and have you read BB's last 4 10Q's?! You do realize that BB was de facto sold this fall to several institutions that now hold first lien against BB's few dwindling assets that, arguably, represent as much as $4/share. And, that BB didn't have, and may still be short of, cash to last two years. Ponder that for a moment in light of this thread's title.

The biggest part of any future marketing effort, and a last stand, for BB will need to be to bring a laser focus on providing a public perception that, in turn, will allow them to sell and make a profit. Yet another question is whether Blackberry ownership intends to rebuild BB or merely clip coupons for a time prior to a/another sale.
    The future of BlackBerry (if there is one) is going to be MDM, M2M and BES10 services. Could it all get sold, shure i thought it was going to a month ago. Its just going to take too long to get any revenue from bbm, the whole social messaging business is in a huge bubble right now anyways.

Your end comments sounds like you are saying that the QNX softwares, security technology and servers business are worthless. Those would be some vastly misguided opinions. If you are saying all together within the BlackBerry Business model there is small hope for their expansion and monetization there would be some validity to that comment.
    I agree with most of your first sentence and think that BES10, for example, may be BB's biggest weapon for the future. (xBBM may someday have a great usership but not with much purchasing clout and thereby won’t generate nearly enough revenues to carry the remainder of BB.) But time is now extra short, government entities are slow, inefficient, and don’t like change. Blackberry might hang on to its government business with BES10. Corporations, however, have to be much more saavy. Even as I’m left incredulous at some of the decisions that major corporations have made in the systems area, many have finally left Blackberry. These next twelve months are critical in every respect for BB’s survival. Two more poor quarterlies and most corporations will be forced to leave BB….simply a matter of risk management .
    It would be a stupid [foolish] move to completely drop the smartphone business just to focus on software. They can do both, have great software, and have great hardware. It's not a give or take situation. As Tino said, a big part of it is marketing. Without marketing you can't get the sales you want. And without getting the sales that you want, people who use the stockmarket to decide if the company is good, will not see it as a potential success.
    Otech, you’re letting unsupported emotion slip into your conversation. We’d all like to see the BB software and hardware side survive but there is nothing to indicate that BB can continue to innovate in both areas. Indeed, both the hardware and software are again falling a generation behind.

And, with all of the layoffs, no unit sales, and no cash flow, it’s only a matter of time before they sell or flush out the hardware. There simply aren’t the resources available to do both and survive. An argument could be made that BB should continue with its legacy phones, perhaps improve OS7, and limp along on runoff from this sector. They then could focus on OS10 and licensing mfr of a phone to run it. Yes, that would be a bitter pill to swallow but time’s almost up.

Some vendors get marketing support from carrier, now without or small carrier support BlackBerry have to spend more money...hoping somehow BlackBerry making an advertising video then go viral with low budget it's very hard to do...see viral video for galaxy11 from samsung it's gone viral and attracting many people (maybe not in the US)...but it is a very expensive advertising video....

The stock market is all about a company’s future potential and growth...BB stock price is dropping drastically because most investor’s don’t see a future for BB as a company... Sure when BB sales get better the stock price will go up...but can BB improve their sales..? it is the biggest concern for investors today. ... Investors know BBRY cant compete with other competitors cash, marketing, hardware price, brand image, apps selection, great after sales service, distribution.

It is capitalism...especially in tech industries. the rich will eat the poor...like it or not.
    Clearly marketing was a problem with BB but so was the product not competitive. Garnok’s comments (that I bolded) hit the nail on the head. He lists most of the elements … not just marketing … where BB is weak relative to the competition. I would also add eco-system too where BB cannot compete with Apple, Msft, or today’s Google …. And eco-system will become even more important in the future.
    Lol and have you seen some of LG's money? Its not about how much money you have (although if you read the financial you'll know BlackBerry has billions to spare, it's about how you use it, most of those companies don't have a bigger marketing budget because they need one necessarily, but because they can.
    BlackBerry needs to concentrate on maximising it's money and getting as much out of it as possible, more money doesn't necessarily equal better marketing, though it opens options up for you, I agree they need to get the support of networks so they can have their own stands in stores etc but it's a circular thing, because to have that support, they need to prove popular first.
    And instead of saying 'I'm sure' why don't you strengthen your point so that we see sure as well and provide numbers
    For example :
    Microsoft spent about $200 million on lumia 900 Nokia spend $120 million on their first windows smartphone (marketing). ….[ More on Sony and LG]
    True, it is important to be efficient with one’s capital. I’m not informed on how efficient Apple, Samsung, etc. have been nor, for that matter, BB when it comes to marketing. And, to be sure, there are other tech companies that are in trouble from a lack of product, ineffective marketing, or both. But BB making money.

Your comment about Blackberry needing to maximize its return on expenditures. Well, so true, but when isn’t that a true statement (or a goal) …. for any concern. And you are also perceptive in noting that BB needs to have more exposure by getting the endorsement of more carriers but a quality product that produces consumer demand is required before any leverage is generated with such carriers/networks.
    LOL! Like you said $401 million dollars Samsung marketing budget and apple 301 million dollars only in the US against BB marketing budget on 2012 only around 35 million dollars. worldwide Samsung spends 4 billion dollars in 2012, Apple spends around 1 billion dollars, microsoft spend more than 1.5 billion dollars . not all of them for mobile phone/tablet of course but it's all to build a brand. Samsung's galactic marketing budget - Apple 2.0 -Fortune Tech[/url]
    $200 million dollars BBRY marketing budget is not just for january it is for their keep moving campaign, not sure how long the campaign but if we look on HTC robert downey campaign they spend 1 billion dollars. Lenovo $100million marketing budget are data from 2010 not sure how much Lenovo and LG recent marketing budget today...

Like I said before...marketing is not the only reason smartphone became a success...but apple, samsung and microsoft they have billion dollars to support their product.... from marketing, distribution, hardware supplies, services etc, software R&D etc.. the strong will eat the poor.
    BINGO, building a brand image that BB once had but today, that image not only needs to be rebuilt, it is a negative/burden that needs to be overcome.
    … not sure if its legit or not 2013 samsung marketing budget are around 14 billion dollars, with that kind of money they can buy BlackBerry...5 times BlackBerry can spend more....but they are having higher risk than apple and samsung. apple only spend less than 1% their company cash, while samsung spend almost 20% of their cash but they still can cover it because their large revenue and still get huge profit...

And like you said they have to spend well ...matching other companies marketing budget will make BB death a lot quicker...they still need to sort their problem, give their potential customers what they want. apple and samsung have this luxury, BB doesn’t have it
    It will be a slow death if BB doesn’t soon come out swinging. OR, it may be a quicker demise if BB does push the marketing but fails. The only sure way for the survival of BB, however, is to do the latter. Otherwise they are better off selling … albeit exceedingly more complicated after the recent debt issue. (A sale today would leave little or nothing for the shareholders … $3-4/share tops.)
    Yes, we call (people) that we don’t really know how smart they are or what to do with them: idi_t savants. We can be kind and call our BB’s id_ot savants (along with most of the management). Now tell me how we make money as a corporation
    … Actually I have some nagging technical questions I’d love to have my smart phone answer. ]
    It can understand more languages than an iPhone or an Android can. I believe that's one way of seeing it's true brains. And by languages, I mean programing languages... not Spanish, French, or Arabic, so don't get the two confused.

I know how smart a BlackBerry is because I use one. I know how limited iPhones, and Androids are in terms of developing and stuff. How do you measure the smarts of your smartphone?? Please share.
    I’m not sure what you are trying to say but the answer is: Sales, Baby, it’s about unit sales from consumer demand and understanding the language of business. Blackberry isn’t a research project nor a non-for-profit, it’s about converting a product into a profitable consumer sale. No more, no less …. Stay away from the emotion unless you work for BB.
    Getting BB10 to run Android and iOS apps is a fool's errand in the grand scheme of things. At the end of the day you end up with... running Android and iOS apps. Access to those apps will always be at the mercy of Google and Apple, who de facto control the ecosystems. Unless one wants to download Android apps from Chinese and Russian "marketplaces" but no one will have any luck marketing this to North American customers.

Battery performance, ability to run with less RAM, headless apps, SERVICES (maps, email, messaging) -- this is where progress has to be made against Android and iOS in order for the consumer to see any value in BB10. "That is the real measure of BB10 its flexibility and resilience as it continues driving innovation for BlackBerry.

Those who do not see what’s coming should lift their heads from their screens and wake up."
    Yes, Yes, and Yes!! Although BB has yet to impress me (and 2B other users) in these areas, a good job in isolating many of the areas of innovation. NOW, is it too late is the $64mm question. And, further to my comments above about shoring things up for BB to make its last stand: The industry/investors aren’t going allow BB to limp along with a 5 year horizon before it re-emerges.

Poster's last statement, I guess, must have something to do with the coming apocalypse. LOL
    Last edited by M65c02; 12-18-13 at 11:35 AM.
    12-17-13 10:04 AM
    Getting BB10 to run Android and iOS apps is a fool's errand in the grand scheme of things. At the end of the day you end up with... running Android and iOS apps. ."
    As my 17 year old son said " That's great Dad pretty soon your phone will be able to do what my phone has been able to do for over a year now....."

Little brat, sad but sort of true.
    garnok likes this.
    12-17-13 10:09 AM
    [Reposted from BBin C000E0DFE]
    No matter what competitors have in store, BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 continues to grow rapidly. PSA Peugeot Citroen decides to move ahead by supplying 10,000 BlackBerry Z10 smartphones to their staff as the company goes BES10 tagged.

Link - https://t.co/lEGs3parIV

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Otech#CB likes this.
    12-17-13 10:58 AM
    Blackberry will never be able to advertise its way to better sales from this point. Companies that are selling 30 times the volume of what Blackberry is selling have that many more units to spread their advertising dollars over. If you have a niche product like Blackberry is relegated to then you'd better stick to trade journals, trade events, or take some IT folks out to dinner or something. You can forget the mass consumer advertising because its too expensive given the small target audience you will affect.
    M65c02 likes this.
    12-17-13 11:17 AM
    As my 17 year old son said " That's great Dad pretty soon your phone will be able to do what my phone has been able to do for over a year now....."

Little brat, sad but sort of true.
    Sure, but his will not be able to do what yours does. USB support, native remote hard drive access, BBM video/voice (yet), Blackberry Travel (amazing App), Peek and Flow, flipping words on his keyboard, .....
    OMGitworks and Otech#CB like this.
    12-17-13 12:19 PM
    [Reposted from BBin C000E0DFE]
    No matter what competitors have in store, BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 continues to grow rapidly. PSA Peugeot Citroen decides to move ahead by supplying 10,000 BlackBerry Z10 smartphones to their staff as the company goes BES10 tagged.

Link - https://t.co/lEGs3parIV

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Yup, this is the future. You have to wonder if any of us will be here discussing these things next year when BlackBerry is an software and service company strictly for business.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 01:20 PM
    Yup, this is the future. You have to wonder if any of us will be here discussing these things next year when BlackBerry is an software and service company strictly for business.
    It will be a few years before existing devices are taken out of service.... and personally I think that for business some hardware will still be required. But it will require a BES connection to work and be expensive.... things that will limit the number of "prosumers" using it.
    12-17-13 01:26 PM
    It will be a few years before existing devices are taken out of service.... and personally I think that for business some hardware will still be required. But it will require a BES connection to work and be expensive.... things that will limit the number of "prosumers" using it.
    It better be great at side loading and running Android apps because nobody is going to develop native apps for this kind of platform.
    12-17-13 01:31 PM
    He wanted to know how smart a BlackBerry truly is. And you're telling me the answer to how truly smart a BlackBerry truly is...is sales? Hahah I Agree sales shows how smart or good the company is in the field of attracting people (via marketing and hyping up a product), but it's not the answer to how truly smart a smartphone is. It actually shows how not so smart a phone can be and still succeed amazingly, again, with a well played marketing strategy. Also, have a lot of money to throw adds to that; failed marketing will not have a huge affect when there are bags of money behind it. So that is why BlackBerry can't just throw money like Apple or Samsung does.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 01:54 PM
    It better be great at side loading and running Android apps because nobody is going to develop native apps for this kind of platform.
    We already have a 3rd Party Native Google Play Store and SnapChat being developed by @NemOry. We have @iGrann ( 3rd Party Native Instagram) being developed currently in 3rd Beta release. And there is a 3rd Native Vine (Whine). In addition we have a 3rd Party Native SoundCloud app (Sound Nine) along with an Android Port of the Official Soundcloud app. I don't see how that isn't worthy of a mention. These developers are working hard, and these apps are actually nice than the Android Ports that I have. So what's there not to like?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:00 PM
    We already have a 3rd Party Native Google Play Store and SnapChat being developed by @NemOry. We have @iGrann ( 3rd Party Native Instagram) being developed currently in 3rd Beta release. And there is a 3rd Native Vine (Whine). In addition we have a 3rd Party Native SoundCloud app (Sound Nine) along with an Android Port of the Official Soundcloud app. I don't see how that isn't worthy of a mention. These developers are working hard, and these apps are actually nice than the Android Ports that I have. So what's there not to like?

Posted via CB10
    3rd party apps , and sideload app store..will never ever become the solution to increase sales...why do you want fake imitation when you have the real deal? why settle for less?

and doesnt BB customers want the best security ? 3rd party apps increasing risk to the security...stealing password, profile, picture, your inbox message, and maybe your credit card number...

i think it doesnt make sense...when people in CB here talking how good BB security is and bash other platform while they are OK with some unproven / unidentified? (maybe) developers gain access to their profile because they offering apps that some people in here said they dont want it in first place but clearly they actually want it.

besides not everyone are tech savvy enough to do sideload etc...android and ios are successful because they can offer regular people it is very easy to use. they are the majority....while also offering a great feature for a tech savvy can work with..
    Last edited by garnok; 12-17-13 at 10:09 PM.
    M65c02 likes this.
    12-17-13 09:58 PM
    I think the iPhone was built more for the old people because trying to learn something new is harder for them. Android was made to compete with iPhones but isn't as simple so they don't really attract the old people. BlackBerry is new fresh controls and everything. I don't think it is hard to use the phone, and those who don't know how to sideload and really want the apps can come to CB and talk to me, I'll gladly help them. Anyways BlackBerry isn't trying to attract the old people, it wants the young people who are into technology. Btw the 3rd party apps seem much better than the original, so idk what you mean by "why settle for less." Garnok, use a BlackBerry and then you will see why it is amazing. Please don't go off of assumptions that it is hard to use, bad with apps and all that. You atleast know about CB so how can you not know that BlackBerry has good devices? Have not been hearing all the talk about what's coming? Also, BBM is going to be pre-installed on the next LG phone. There's a big name for you.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 11:44 AM
    Sure, but his will not be able to do what yours does. USB support, native remote hard drive access, BBM video/voice (yet), Blackberry Travel (amazing App), Peek and Flow, flipping words on his keyboard, .....
    I see BBM (obviously unique to BB) maybe for the third world. The only truly unique feature is word flipping. Hey, I've never seen anyone really efficient at the flicking relative to a good typist (and certainly doesn't do much to cater to BB's target market). Nevertheless it is a good feature that, if not used much, can be ignored. But as for the rest, they are all ostensibly available on IOS and/or Droid. Regardless, please, please x3 never mention native remote hard drive access on the BB as somehow being superior to any of the eco-systems of W8, IOS, or (albeit less) even Droid. (Frankly, this function also is one of the few that probably shouldn't be native as it will be difficult to keep up with file conventions of BB's competition.....) Listing this feature cuts deeply into the credibility of your argument. .... Back on track with the OP's title: it's all moot if there's no BB money to continue support/development and there's little consolation for shareholders if BB OS10's grandest accomplishment is to be a spot reserved in the Smithsonian.

3rd party apps , and sideload app store..will never ever become the solution to increase sales...why do you want fake imitation when you have the real deal? why settle for less?

and doesnt BB customers want the best security ? 3rd party apps increasing risk to the security...stealing password, profile, picture, your inbox message, and maybe your credit card number...

i think it doesnt make sense...when people in CB here talking how good BB security is and bash other platform while they are OK with some unproven / unidentified? (maybe) developers gain access to their profile because they offering apps that some people in here said they dont want it in first place but clearly they actually want it.

besides not everyone are tech savvy enough to do sideload etc...android and ios are successful because they can offer regular people it is very easy to use. they are the majority....while also offering a great feature for a tech savvy can work with..
    A winner on all comments. Sometimes the same old poor logic re-appears. Thanks for setting things straight again!

The sideload is a disaster for all but some of those that have a lot of time on their hands. Notwithstanding, and even as a disproportionate number of youngsters relative to actual BB users frequent CB, the BB target market for BB10 (or any legacy phone for that matter) has never been the tech savvy. Okay, I admit that I don't know what the target market is for BB, and neither does BB nor anyone on this site, but it surely isn't the young, tech savvy types.

Give BB reliability on the basics of communication and professed security but one must never mention sideload in the same breath .... as poster conveys, sideload will always cancel security. .... Simply BB can't have it all. ... Instead, BB must focus with the remainder of its meager assets rather than sot-gunning the assumption that it can skim 3-4% across the board of the (approaching) 1.5B total smart phone marketplace. 0% of 1.5B is still zero ... Capice?!?
    Last edited by M65c02; 12-18-13 at 02:41 PM.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-18-13 12:07 PM
536 ... 1617181920 ...