View Poll Results: Is this smart investing?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 31.71%
  • No

28 68.29%
    BlackBerry Working With Leading Indian Telecoms To Bundle Data Packages And Enhance Sales - N4BB

BlackBerry is targeting its strong markets hard. If parts of the world continue to care about a company, then they will remain in the handset business. Just because the U.S. has somewhat given up on BlackBerry, it doesn't mean the company isn't going to do well with sales. As I said before, targeting the responsive markets is a must. It seems that India gets marketed to well. And the population responds back. They are more knowledgeable about BlackBerry's and their power over there as well as other parts of the world. We could be like that too. Since, advertising is weak in many parts, mostly in the U.S., we could be the bridge...feed consumers info, and let them know what BlackBerry is doing. Please if you don't use a BlackBerry or don't like the company, then don't respond (with negative feedback). This is specifically for those who want BlackBerry to succeed.
    11-20-13 09:02 PM
    BlackBerry Working With Leading Indian Telecoms To Bundle Data Packages And Enhance Sales - N4BB

BlackBerry is targeting its strong markets hard. If parts of the world continue to care about a company, then they will remain in the handset business. Just because the U.S. has somewhat given up on BlackBerry, it doesn't mean the company isn't going to do well with sales. As I said before, targeting the responsive markets is a must. It seems that India gets marketed to well. And the population responds back. They are more knowledgeable about BlackBerry's and their power over there as well as other parts of the world. We could be like that too. Since, advertising is weak in many parts, mostly in the U.S., we could be the bridge...feed consumers info, and let them know what BlackBerry is doing. Please if you don't use a BlackBerry or don't like the company, then don't respond (with negative feedback). This is specifically for those who want BlackBerry to succeed.
    not just in the US they lose their marketshare, they also losing their key market like indonesia, india , UK etc

india
    BlackBerry losing ground in India - Times Of India

indonesia
    BlackBerry collaborates with producers in Indonesia

kantar report on several country :
    Kantar: With Android Inching Up In Smartphone Sales, Get Set For An iPhone ‘Spike’ | TechCrunch

PS : i'm an BB users (BB Curve)
    techvisor and richardat like this.
    11-20-13 11:20 PM
    It was a stop light. And I think my BlackBerry allows me to give it some attention during my drives. I remember you buddy, Mr. Negative.

Posted via CB10
    Umm... I think you said "can type these long paragraphs while driving". While to me means just that - typing when you're actually driving.
    pantlesspenguin and richardat like this.
    11-20-13 11:33 PM
    Umm... I think you said "can type these long paragraphs while driving". While to me means just that - typing when you're actually driving.
    Lol, lets just say I have some skills to do whatever it takes to get my message to you guys. I was waiting at the light when I took a picture and typed that message. I am careful and don't text when I know I cant.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:36 PM
    not just in the US they lose their marketshare, they also losing their key market like indonesia, india , UK etc

india
    BlackBerry losing ground in India - Times Of India

indonesia
    BlackBerry collaborates with producers in Indonesia

kantar report on several country :
    Kantar: With Android Inching Up In Smartphone Sales, Get Set For An iPhone �Spike� | TechCrunch

PS : i'm an BB users (BB Curve)
    I understand, but they can regain those markets much easier than they can in the U.S. though. That is for sure.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:38 PM
    Lol, lets just say I have some skills to do whatever it takes to get my message to you guys. I was waiting at the light when I took a picture and typed that message. I am careful and don't text when I know I cant.

Posted via CB10
    If you were seen doing that here (using any electronic device while operating a motor vehicle), you'd have a big fine coming your way,even if it was at a set of traffic lights. Not smart dude. Just don't do it.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-20-13 11:52 PM
    If you were seen doing that here (using any electronic device while operating a motor vehicle), you'd have a big fine coming your way,even if it was at a set of traffic lights. Not smart dude. Just don't do it.

I can respect that. Yes, we get a ticket over here too. But so far, I've been careful about it. Thanks for looking out @Chaz95. I'll cut it out for the homies.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:04 AM
    The ability to transfer money through BBM is just genius!
    http://blackberryempire.com/send-mon...berry-devices/
    Just bought my first set of BBRY Shares!-bbm-money.png

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:39 AM
    The ability to transfer money through BBM is just genius!
    http://blackberryempire.com/send-mon...berry-devices/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBM Money.png 
Views:	688 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	222940

Posted via CB10
    Only in Indoa on BBOS, is it noot?

11-21-13 02:28 AM

Correct, but that is how they start something. Start small, and build on that. And this is potentially huge. Definitely the direction they should continue to pursue.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:28 AM
    This is the updated support for BB10, but yes only in Indonesia. However, that is how they start something. Start small, and build on that. And this is potentially huge. Definitely the direction they should continue to pursue.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:29 AM
    Correct, but that is how they start something. Start small, and build on that. And this is potentially huge. Definitely the direction they should continue to pursue.

Posted via CB10
    BBOS in Indonesia has had BBM Money for several years already, hasn't it? In which case this is nothing new.

11-21-13 03:32 AM
    BBOS in Indonesia has had BBM Money for several years already, hasn't it? In which case this is nothing new.

No, I'm saying they just updated the app to support BB10 devices in Indonesia. This is new. Still not huge, but it's got the potential.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:14 AM
    No, I'm saying they just updated the app to support BB10 devices in Indonesia. This is new. Still not huge, but it's got the potential.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, well your screenshot was from a BBOS device (judging by the screen ratio).

11-21-13 04:18 AM
    Oh, well your screenshot was from a BBOS device (judging by the screen ratio).

My bad, I couldn't save the picture from the site. So I got it off one of my buddy's channels.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:28 AM

i believe i've read some news that BBM money...updated working for BB10. but in indonesia it still not popular because not many merchant, Bank participated

sure BB chance to regain their marketshare are better in their previous market like india,indonesia. but they need to offer cheap BB10 phone, what killing them today in those market are cheap android and WP8 phone....
    11-21-13 04:59 AM
    Man, I think you guys should stop ganging up against the kid. Give it a rest already. He might be wrong, but I wish that I still have his youth, passion, and boldness. These are the characteristics that drive us forward, not your old conservative backward mindset that you called experience.
    Stop being grumpy old men and leave the kid alone.

Posted via CB10
    Branta likes this.
    11-21-13 06:01 AM
    i believe i've read some news that BBM money...updated working for BB10. but in indonesia it still not popular because not many merchant, Bank participated

sure BB chance to regain their marketshare are better in their previous market like india,indonesia. but they need to offer cheap BB10 phone, what killing them today in those market are cheap android and WP8 phone....
    Yes, I agree with you. It is still tiny. However, I do think they can pick up the pace and gather up some hype. It would be a pretty awesome feature if I could sell my iLEET Power-X solar battery pack, or my iLEET Guard cases straight from BBM or BBM Channels. I think the potential of BBM Money is very large, and if handled properly, it can boost BlackBerry's reputation/sales back up.

And yes, some people want the less expensive BlackBerry 10 device. I think that is what the C-Series is going to be. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's going to be priced as a flagship device. I have many friends (through my BBM group) who are from India, and they truly love their BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 02:13 PM
    Man, I think you guys should stop ganging up against the kid. Give it a rest already. He might be wrong, but I wish that I still have his youth, passion, and boldness. These are the characteristics that drive us forward, not your old conservative backward mindset that you called experience.
    Stop being grumpy old men and leave the kid alone.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you @plasmid_boy! I just want the people who love BlackBerry and who used to love BlackBerry, to come together and help bring hope back to the company. Because they haven't given up, and I don't think we should give up either. I really am passionate about the company because I can tell they truly care, atleast now they have shown us that they are all ears. They want our feedback, as well as our trust.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    11-21-13 02:17 PM
    Yes, I agree with you. It is still tiny. However, I do think they can pick up the pace and gather up some hype. It would be a pretty awesome feature if I could sell my iLEET Power-X solar battery pack, or my iLEET Guard cases straight from BBM or BBM Channels. I think the potential of BBM Money is very large, and if handled properly, it can boost BlackBerry's reputation/sales back up.

And yes, some people want the less expensive BlackBerry 10 device. I think that is what the C-Series is going to be. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's going to be priced as a flagship device. I have many friends (through my BBM group) who are from India, and they truly love their BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    How are taxes managed with BlackBerry Messenger Money? Is there a percentage fee you pay per transaction?

11-21-13 03:36 PM
    How are taxes managed with BlackBerry Messenger Money? Is there a percentage fee you pay per transaction?

I'll have to ask one of the guys. I'll get back to you on that or if someone here knows, feel free to share the information with us. That's a good question though, it's possibly on the banks side, I'm assuming. BlackBerry gets something from the bank for using their service, but I want to know what really happens.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 07:17 PM
    I'm still working on finding getting info about the tax and other information. But until then, you guys should read this, and see what's really happening here. This is a positive article, and a good one to check out.

http://berryflow.com/blackberry-pr-s...ction-company/

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:36 AM

Found it! This is a little old, so it doesn't say that it supports BB10. But it does say it's free for thos who bank with Permata... and to transfer to those who don't have Permata it is 52 cents. That's pretty low if you ask me. And I think that could be amazing.
    Attachment 223235
    For the full article read this!
    http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...r-service.html

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 04:21 AM
    I'm still working on finding getting info about the tax and other information. But until then, you guys should read this, and see what's really happening here. This is a positive article, and a good one to check out.

How BlackBerry PR Signaled A Resurrection Of The Company |

Posted via CB10
    That's a fluff piece if I ever read one. They do fail to mention that this great PR presence failed to move the product.
    11-22-13 07:03 AM
    I understand, but they can regain those markets much easier than they can in the U.S. though. That is for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Based on what?

Whey was BlackBerry popular in those markets to begin with?

My understanding it PRICE was the main factor at the time of BlackBerry's rise in these markets.... not the devices, but the BIS plans. With BB10 that is gone.
    11-22-13 10:02 AM
536 ... 7891011 ...