View Poll Results: Is this smart investing?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 31.71%
  • No

28 68.29%
    What was the point in even posting if you didn't want to have a rational discussion, though? You've lashed out at everyone who offered a differing opinion. My inkling is that you expected high fives and pats on the back and when you didn't get that you got defensive instead of actually listening to what people were saying. That's why questions about your education/knowledge came into the equation...
    Not to harp on it since I hate it when posters launch ad-hominem attacks or bring up stuff outside what is posted (e.g., number of posts or alleged real-life backgrounds) but OP's education and knowledge only came up because he used them to respond to substantive counter-points. For example, in responding to a numbers and stats based issue, OP just decided to bring up his marketing major background as support for his position that such figures didn't matter.

If he thinks people are attacking his education and knowledge its because he's put them at issue instead of debating the merits or having a rational/substantive discussion about points he doesn't agree with.
    11-19-13 04:52 PM
    Hahah! I don't want to waste my time. I have a formal business report presentation at 7pm California time. I don't need to prove anytime to you. How do you think I type these long *** paragraphs? I read, read, read. I don't need to tell you a thing. Just do what you do. Troll.

Posted via CB10
    You don't want to "waste your time" in researching a company you're putting your money into? Hmmm....

By the way, paragraphs only need to be 3-5 sentences long. After you reach that you can break them up for easier readability. I'm sure you knew that, right?
    techvisor likes this.
    11-19-13 04:54 PM
    Read some more posts on CrackBerry, and you'll hear and see what he has done thus far. Ignorance...I speak in Bold font, so those who believe can get attracted to those specific sentences. You provide all the noise to my message, and therefore, interfere with the feedback I want from true believers. Not from people such as yourself. This is my honest opinion. I don't like hearing what you have to say. @Chr1ny
    I didn't think you'd be able to point to anything specific that Chen has done. Thanks for confirming.

I guess I'll wait here for you to post some press release or open letter as your compelling evidence for why Chen will turn BBRY around.
    Hahah! I don't want to waste my time. I have a formal business report presentation at 7pm California time. I don't need to prove anytime to you. How do you think I type these long *** paragraphs? I read, read, read. I don't need to tell you a thing. Just do what you do. Troll.

Posted via CB10
    For someone with so little time, you seem to have invested quite a bit responding to the haters and trolls.

Anyway, I was hoping you could point to anything that Chen has done that justifies your faith in him and thus, the company. Those beliefs invariably leading to your zealous pumping of BBRY stock. If this was truly just about your own investment ideas and attitude towards BBRY, I don't see why you'd post about it here if not to try and convince others to follow suit.

Its charming how just because I don't agree with you, I'm a troll. As a wise woman once said: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    techvisor and richardat like this.
    11-19-13 04:59 PM
    I did my research. I brought education into this because the class I'm going to present my formal report, was discussing the open letter which occurred back when mike and *Jim Balsillie* were in charge. And after thanksgiving, she wants me to write a press release acting as the ceo, responding to stakeholders. I didn't bring it In to show off. And that shows that I have been doing research, and learning more about BlackBerry then I have ever learned since before I got into the business lifestyle.

I'm done for the night with all you claiming to be something. Goodluck with all you do in your life. And keep the trolling to a minimum. Dueces!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-20-13 at 01:32 AM.
    11-19-13 05:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    You don't want to "waste your time" in researching a company you're putting your money into? Hmmm....

By the way, paragraphs only need to be 3-5 sentences long. After you reach that you can break them up for easier readability. I'm sure you knew that, right?
    Maybe we should ease off on his grammar and perhaps general writing/communication skills. I'm starting to suspect that English isn't his first language and maybe that's why his writing comes off as somewhat disjointed and hard to follow. My fault for not recognizing it sooner OTech.
    richardat likes this.
    11-19-13 05:06 PM
    The stock will drop a lot. We all hope that it will climb back up, but there's no denying that it's a stupid move to be buying BBRY right now.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    Please tell me more why the stock will drop a lot. You talk like it is a fact. Do you have any postion in BBRY?
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-19-13 05:08 PM
    I did my research. I brought education into this because the class I'm going to present my formal report, was discussing the open letter which occurred back when mike and bill were in charge. And after thanksgiving, she wants me to write a press release acting as the ceo, responding to stakeholders. I didn't bring it In to show off. And that shows that I have been doing research, and learning more about BlackBerry then I have ever learned since before I got into the business lifestyle.

I'm done for the night with all you claim to be something. Goodluck with all you do in your life. And keep the trolling to a minimum. Dueces!

Posted via CB10
    Not to get sidetracked but I wonder how academia is treating Blackberry these days. Particularly from a marketing perspective, I'd imagine there must be some case studies written about Blackberry using it as a cautionary example.
    11-19-13 05:09 PM
    This is a forum, not a college writing class. Kid.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:11 PM
    Please tell me more why the stock will drop a lot. You talk like it is a fact. Do you have any postion in BBRY?
    Obviously no one can nor should speak in certainties but there are at least a few indications supporting a negative view on this stock (e.g., BBRY taking on financing to compensate for cash burn, massive expected write downs on BB10 handsets similar the Z10's, difficulty in bringing BBM up to speed with other social messaging platforms, difficulty in monetizing BBM, increased competition in the mobile security area, abysmal handset marketshare, etc.).

I'll be the first to admit that nothing is certain and BBRY could turn it around but most if not all signs point to the contrary being far more likely. Obviously, one "side" has shown more objective signs so far of being right than the other.
    11-19-13 05:16 PM
    Attachment 222411 @Chr1ny Here's what I do with my BlackBerry. Moderators, hope you see what your community does to people who are optimistic about your addictive website, as well as the addiction I have with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure the moderators much prefer to have posters like you as representatives of the community. I just want to talk and discuss points but it seems you'd rather post immature pictures.
    richardat likes this.
    11-19-13 05:18 PM
    This is a forum, not a college writing class. Kid.

Posted via CB10
    A snarky reply about college writing classes would be too easy here.

Yes this is a forum. One where I have often seen discussions and debates handled in a mature and reasoned manner.
    11-19-13 05:20 PM
    I'm sure the moderators much prefer to have posters like you as representatives of the community. I just want to talk and discuss points but it seems you'd rather post immature pictures.
    I got no clue about what you are saying.
    11-19-13 05:20 PM
    This thread. Just wow.
    A very mature post indeed. Get off me kid. Was that your two cents on the so-called discussion?
    11-19-13 05:23 PM
    Nice of you to take down the picture of you giving me the middle finger. Too bad its memorialized in a quotation of your post above. Thanks also for editing away that post too. I'm glad you realized how silly it was.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-19-13 05:25 PM
    The stock will drop a lot. We all hope that it will climb back up, but there's no denying that it's a stupid move to be buying BBRY right now.

Please tell me more why the stock will drop a lot. You talk like it is a fact. Do you have any position in BBRY?
    I can't stand it. They think we are the ones who are acting as though we are a wall.
    11-19-13 05:30 PM
    Do you call your 3 spaces 3 paragraphs? I dont.

And as for the Q30 and Z50. That is talk that should be spread, not talked down to. You see what I mean? I know they aren't. Due 2014. Thats not a whole year from now, I don't think.
    Posted via CB10
    Yes, I do call them paragraphs. Each of those paragraphs, however short they were, discussed logically separate topics and were relatively unrelated to each other. It wouldn't make sense to put them together.

Or less.

chr1sny and techvisor like this.
    11-19-13 05:30 PM
    Nice of you to take down the picture of you giving me the middle finger. Too bad its memorialized in a quotation of your post above. Thanks also for editing away that post too. I'm glad you realized how silly it was.
    I was making sure you got my message. Because it wasn't for the kids. Though, you really seem to have a kid's mind. I know the mods can see it. I wasn't hiding it from them. hah!
    11-19-13 05:31 PM
    @Chaz95 Well @Chr1ny here likes his paragraphs well developed. I don't mind them. I already have enough classes to deal with. I don't think I need to stay formal with a bunch of hippopotamus's - Thanks BlackBerry10 dictionary for spelling this word in less than 4 letters. Cherrio mates!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:41 PM
    I was making sure you got my message. Because it wasn't for the kids. Though, you really seem to have a kid's mind. I know the mods can see it. I wasn't hiding it from them. hah!
    I'm glad you took down the picture of you giving me the middle finger. That picture probably violates some term of service around here.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-19-13 05:47 PM
    I did my research. I brought education into this because the class I'm going to present my formal report, was discussing the open letter which occurred back when mike and bill were in charge...
    Bill who?
    techvisor likes this.
    11-19-13 05:54 PM
    Bill who?
    I meant Balsillie. And I was saying Bal. In short. Sorry for the confusion. There's a little more than that going on now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-19-13 at 06:12 PM.
    11-19-13 05:57 PM
    I'm glad you took down the picture of you giving me the middle finger. That picture probably violates some term of service around here.
    Say that I gave you the middle finger a few more times. And that I removed it...because I didn't want children to see it. Plus, I don't think children are into stocks so much. Chaz95, is an exception, if he was born in 95 like my little brother. It's all good though because he wants a Z10 instead of his iPhone 5. Some kids are different.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:02 PM
    What do you mean? This guy's posts are always articulate and reasoned. That's why he uses bold font.
    Yes, sarcasm is sometimes a most effective communication tool!
    Read some more posts on CrackBerry, and you'll hear and see what[Chen] has done thus far. Ignorance...I speak in Bold font, so those who believe can get attracted to those specific sentences. ... This is my honest opinion. I don't like hearing what you have to say. @Chr1ny
    Rarely at a loss for words but: Huh!!
    I don't doubt that smart people buy blackberries just like I know smart people choose not to. No one's telling you what you should or shouldn't do, we're just all having a discussion. Your posts here convey the message that BBRY is a good investment for new buyers (of BBRY stock at least). [Most people disagree and I] choose to post about why. …
    This may become a challenge to explain. Lesson One: Otech, you do understand that the stock price has declined because, on average, holders of individual BB shares believe that it has been more (drastically) overvalued than not during the past several years .
    …Smart people aren't those who buy BlackBerry's and sit and talk about how the company will fail. You are not correct. If you buy a BlackBerry, you shouldn't think they will fail. Why are you still buying their products if you think they will not be operating at any moment? If they are still operating one or two years from now, they will be doing so successfully, not just staying on the edge of losing. They are still in existence for a reason. … And that was with all the news we weren't getting about the company's plans, and even with the negative talk about going private and all that.
    I am done going back and forth with someone who is by choice being negative. Stay pessimistic, my friend!
    Lesson 2: Remember for every buyer there’s a seller. Is BB “doing so successfully” now? I presume that you mean “When,” and not ”if,” [BB} is still operating. This sounds almost spiritual. In existence for a reason sounds existential: I’m taking bets on whether you just arrived from a Tony Robbins seminar or are attending a seminary?? By Company’s plans, are you referring to BB … didn’t know we were precluded from hearing of their plans. Did BB hire you on a work-study program and put you on CB? … P.S.—You’re late to the party, BB has failed. We’re just speculating on what form the remnants of BB will re-emerge.
    It's a discussion. It's great you support BBRY and think the stock will go up. Much of what you post flies in the face of tried and true investment advice. That's normal some of the best investment education I ever got was on losing trades … but you really should be more hesitant to call people trolls just because they don't share your extremely optimistic viewpoints[high anxiety or obnoxious qualities]. It is good you are confident but there sometimes is a finer distinct line between confident and hubris [that we should all be careful not to cross].
    Here are some investment "rules" you may want to keep in mind. [refer above to actual post]
    These are but a few axioms, hopefully you will at least consider the other side of the coin here or I guarantee you will be doomed to failure if you don't. Not just in this, but in life.
    Where did this troll stuff come from….anyway??

Yes but it’s easier to blame shorts, the media, etc. for bringing down the stock price than acknowledging/discussing the company's problems and its grim prospects for overcoming them.
    Always easier to call someone a troll than to substantively address opposing arguments and viewpoints.
    Not exactly sure why you bring up how many times I posted in this thread as if that's relevant? How many times do I need to post in this thread in order not to be a troll?
    Where, gain, did this troll stuff come from … I thought the last of these people were cleaned out last summer?
    At this very moment, you have 165 shares @ $6.03. Not so great for your first week.
    Yes, agreed, not too promising results!! Damn percentages, funny how it works the same in both directions. It only needs to go up a buck and I make a 20% return but works on downside too!!

In 1 year, ~$3-$4. In 2 years, if they stay solvent that long, could be anything. … BB10 failed. Kill it now. MDM and BBM are the future.
    BBM is a valuable and, presumptively, saleable asset but not sure if BBM lasts as a standalone or the cornerstone of a newly revamped BB. The share price will drop under $5 early next year and, then, well it may well get into the 3’s with a market correction before next year at this time. Just no bloody cash production, let alone bona fide earnings from continuing OS10 operations.
    Welcome to the family. I just bought 20 shares about 2 weeks ago. I want to buy 20 or 30 more. Want to get to a hundred. I'm no market expert but I don't think the prospectus for the next quarter is that great as far as the stock price goes, maybe even for the next two. I do believe that it will turnaround in the long run though. My investment is for the long haul. I may buy some more soon but I think it will be hovering closer to 5$ by the end of Dec, so I may wait longer.
    Read what you wrote: Now tell me why you would purchase a stock that you in the same week (?) think is going to drop 20% in the next couple months wherein you will then purchase more? I guess that there are material trading costs (relative to cost) for partial block trades but …. Well …. I guess this is just lottery or drinking money!!
    The DoD just chose Fixmo over BES10. BB USED to be security.
    Yes, I heard….personally, I took a lot of flack back in April when someone announced that BB would win big with DOD. To which I replied this would be the absolute death knell….at that time no one could even get the Z10 to operate as a reliable business tool but, frankly, for govt it might have been fine. Anyway, BB is (would be) disqualified due to their financial quandary …. my second point even if the govt didn’t require a phone to work (and not being in the U.S., no special dispensation for BB).

What has John Chen done so far that makes you think he will turn the tide? More specifically, what has he done so far as interim CEO to make you have so much faith in him?
    Feel free to PM me if/when you get your answer here.
    That's your problem, though. You only accept what you WANT to hear, and needlessly try to call everyone else trolls even though they're being quite civil and genuinely wanting to help you see the big picture here. …. I'm cautiously optimistic about Chen too. He seems to have some great ideas and visions. But turning this company that has so many marks against it is just really uncertain at this point. I like BlackBerry and always have. But I don't want to invest at this point at all. And even with all that, I might still pick up another Z10 when the price gets even lower.
    Now Chen must convey with the utmost optimism the future for BB. That doesn’t mean that Chen believes it or even that he may be purposefully misleading. Our posting friend, herein, in a much smaller way may be doing the same and we shouldn’t get too overly involved with histrionics. (But these muulti-colored and increased font bolds have to go.)
    Being realistic is not being negative. It is thinking rationally.
    I have news for you: the Q30 and Q50 don't exist. Perhaps in BlackBerry HQ they sort-of exist, but they still do not exist.
    Oh, and another request: Break up your rambling rants into paragraphs. I was tempted to just post TL;DR, but persevered and read it through.
    Well said.
    What was the point in even posting if you didn't want to have a rational discussion, though? You've lashed out at everyone who offered a differing opinion … That's why questions about your education/knowledge came into the equation.
    Many of these people have made their own investment mistakes, either with BBRY or other companies. They've been there, or they've seen many on this board invest at various times (like when $30 a share seemed like a good bargain) and have lost thousands.
    It's your money to do with as you please, certainly. But I agree with those who say you can help best by buying devices, not stock. … The company needs device and service sales more than anything right now.
    Otech, you did read and learn from her full quote?!
    You’ve pulled us in now. Please, please don’t tell me: Irvine or Orange County??
    I did my research. I brought education into this because the class I'm going to present my formal report, was discussing the open letter which occurred back when Mike and Bill were in charge. And after Thanksgiving, she wants me to write a press release acting as the CEO, responding to stakeholders. I didn't bring it in to show off. And that shows that I have been doing research, and learning more about BlackBerry then I have ever learned since before I got into the business lifestyle. …
    Lesson 3: You do(n't) know that if BB falls below $5 without earnings and reduced assets, it may be cornered and required to reverse split: $5/share is a reasonably definitive red line invoking certain regulatory as well as (internal) institutional investor rules. So, consider following the message of an earlier post by trying to curb the sophomoric attitude in posts here, in school, and life … even if you may be a Sophomore (or Freshman). Okay, keep us informed on assignments. End of class here, now nail that presentation at 7PM and report back with an "A." Is this a High School or really a University that our friend, here, is attending?? Anyone?
    Last edited by M65c02; 11-19-13 at 07:03 PM.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-19-13 06:48 PM
    Say that I gave you the middle finger a few more times. And that I removed it...because I didn't want children to see it. Plus, I don't think children are into stocks so much. Chaz95, is an exception, if he was born in 95 like my little brother. It's all good though because he wants a Z10 instead of his iPhone 5. Some kids are different.

Posted via CB10
    I was born in '95, but that doesn't mean I'm a child. Far from it. I'm currently in university (just like you). I don't have a Z10, I have a Q10, because that is what I wanted.

(And I'm not really interested in stocks.)

11-19-13 06:49 PM
    Just bought my first set of BBRY Shares!-img_20131184.jpg

You have a lot to say. I'll talk to after my presentation. Wish me luck! <3 I was calling you a troll. But I referenced you to my kid brother. It's all good, I'll hit you up!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:58 PM
536 ... 56789 ...