View Poll Results: Is this smart investing?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 31.71%
  • No

28 68.29%
    Because you are what you are. Read each of your replies. You want to act like a mature grown man now that you've been offended by the term.

Smart people aren't those who buy BlackBerry's and sit and talk about how the company will fail. You are not correct. If you buy a BlackBerry, you shouldn't think they will fail. Why are you still buying their products if you think they will not be operating at any moment? Why not, I buy a product because I like it and invest in companies because I think I can make money. Why do they have to be both? If they are still operating one or two years from now, they will be doing so successfully, not just staying on the edge of losing. IFThey are still in existence for a reason. iPhones and Android can't delete them from existence with all the money they have. Not yet, but of the group BBRY is clearly the most suspect and could be gone in 2 years, Apple and Google will notAnd that was with all the news we weren't getting about the company's plans, and even with the negative talk about going private and all that.BBRY did this all to themselves and are suffering from it

I am done going back and forth with someone who is by choice being negative. Stay pessimistic, my friend!
    Otech#CB and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-19-13 02:41 PM
    I think I know that. Should I pull out while I still can?!
    How are they going to look in year 1 or year 2?
    IN 1 year, ~$3-$4. In 2 years, if they stay solvent that long, could be anything.

My personal opinion? BB10 failed. Kill it now. MDM and BBM are the future.
    11-19-13 02:42 PM
    IN 1 year, ~$3-$4. In 2 years, if they stay solvent that long, could be anything.

My personal opinion? BB10 failed. Kill it now. MDM and BBM are the future.
    BBM is BBRY. If BBM stays successful, BlackBerry's will keep seeing the light of day. I say year one $15.

See you in a year :P
    11-19-13 02:47 PM
    BBM is BBRY. If BBM stays successful, BlackBerry's will keep seeing the light of day. I say year one $15.

See you in a year :P
    BBM can successfully run without a BlackBerry phone. BES10 can successfully run without a BlackBerry phone.

Building phones means tooling for the build. BBRY is going to get hammered for multiple billions to pay their way out of all these non-selling phones. Kill the phones now to have a chance to save the company.
    JeepBB and Saiga like this.
    11-19-13 02:52 PM
    BBM can successfully run without a BlackBerry phone. BES10 can successfully run without a BlackBerry phone.

Building phones means tooling for the build. BBRY is going to get hammered for multiple billions to pay their way out of all these non-selling phones. Kill the phones now to have a chance to save the company.
    I for one, want a BlackBerry. I want more than one actually. I wish I can have all the Berry's in the world. Those who use em, but claim to not want them to exist, please send them over!
    11-19-13 02:54 PM
    I for one, want a BlackBerry. I want more than one actually. I wish I can have all the Berry's in the world. Those who use em, but claim to not want them to exist, please send them over!
    I appreciate, and applaud, they you are trying to start a business, but you do come off a bit over the top.
    11-19-13 03:07 PM
    Welcome to the family. I just bought 20 shares about 2 weeks ago. I want to buy 20 or 30 more. Want to get to a hundred. I'm no market expert but I don't think the prospectus for the next quarter is that great as far as the stock price goes, maybe even for the next two. I do believe that it will turnaround in the long run though. My investment is for the long haul. I may buy some more soon but I think it will be hovering closer to 5$ by the end of Dec, so I may wait longer.

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-19-13 03:09 PM
    Welcome to the family. I just bought 20 shares about 2 weeks ago. I want to buy 20 or 30 more. Want to get to a hundred. I'm no market expert but I don't think the prospectus for the next quarter is that great as far as the stock price goes, maybe even for the next two. I do believe that it will turnaround in the long run though. My investment is for the long haul. I may buy some more soon but I think it will be hovering closer to 5$ by the end of Dec, so I may wait longer.

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya, thanks for the love my man! Congrats to you as well, a hundred shares sounds like a good number. That is what my investment is for as well, the long-run. I hope it picks up quicker than we expect though, just to show the haters. I will be on board if and when it goes lower, that is, if my money is available for investment. Keep watching as we both know we are doing.
    11-19-13 03:16 PM
    I appreciate, and applaud, they you are trying to start a business, but you do come off a bit over the top.
    BlackBerry is Security. When people stop worrying about security completely, that is when BlackBerry will change their outlook on the company's future. I'm pretty sure John Chen is smarter than the both of us, to decide whether to give up the devices or not.
    11-19-13 03:18 PM
    BlackBerry is Security. When people stop worrying about security completely, that is when BlackBerry will change their outlook on the company's future. I'm pretty sure John Chen is smarter than the both of us, to decide whether to give up the devices or not.
    The DoD just chose Fixmo over BES10. BB USED to be security.
    11-19-13 03:38 PM
    The DoD just chose Fixmo over BES10. BB USED to be security.

You're right, so now BlackBerry has failed. I think the Department of Defense, is looking to save money so they can spend more on military equipment. Hahaha, John Chen just fell off in my books. Because everyone else just implemented Fixmo too right?

How about Barrack Obama? Has he taken advantage of Fixmo, so he could use his iPhone instead?
    11-19-13 03:48 PM
    What has John Chen done so far that makes you think he will turn the tide? More specifically, what has he done so far as interim CEO to make you have so much faith in him?
    richardat likes this.
    11-19-13 03:50 PM
    What do you mean? This guy's posts are always articulate and reasoned. That's why he uses bold font.
    richardat likes this.
    11-19-13 03:56 PM
    What has John Chen done so far that makes you think he will turn the tide? More specifically, what has he done so far as interim CEO to make you have so much faith in him?
    Read some more posts on CrackBerry, and you'll hear and see what he has done thus far. Ignorance...I speak in Bold font, so those who believe can get attracted to those specific sentences. You provide all the noise to my message, and therefore, interfere with the feedback I want from true believers. Not from people such as yourself. This is my honest opinion. I don't like hearing what you have to say. @Chr1ny
    11-19-13 04:01 PM
    I hear ya, thanks for the love my man! Congrats to you as well, a hundred shares sounds like a good number. That is what my investment is for as well, the long-run. I hope it picks up quicker than we expect though, just to show the haters. I will be on board if and when it goes lower, that is, if my money is available for investment. Keep watching as we both know we are doing.
    We're not haters, we're are realists. Wake up and smell the coffee, then take another look at those axioms posted above.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    techvisor and richardat like this.
    11-19-13 04:10 PM
    Read some more posts on CrackBerry, and you'll hear and see what he has done thus far. Ignorance...I speak in Bold font, so those who believe can get attracted to those specific sentences. You provide all the noise to my message, and therefore, interfere with the feedback I want from true believers. Not from people such as yourself. This is my honest opinion. I don't like hearing what you have to say. @Chr1ny
    That's your problem, though. You only accept what you WANT to hear, and needlessly try to call everyone else trolls even though they're being quite civil and genuinely wanting to help you see the big picture here. That picture is that NO ONE KNOWS what BBRY's future will hold at this point, at all. It's fine if you think they'll turn around, but that's what most people here thought when Mike and Jim left and Thorsten was made CEO. We thought Thorsten was going to turn the company around and look how that ended up. Without deliverables, there's just no telling what will happen. I'm cautiously optimistic about Chen too. He seems to have some great ideas and visions. But turning this company that has so many marks against it is just really uncertain at this point. I like BlackBerry and always have. But I don't want to invest at this point at all. And even with all that, I might still pick up another Z10 when the price gets even lower.
    techvisor, chr1sny and richardat like this.
    11-19-13 04:12 PM
    That's your problem, though. You only accept what you WANT to hear, and needlessly try to call everyone else trolls even though they're being quite civil and genuinely wanting to help you see the big picture here. That picture is that NO ONE KNOWS what BBRY's future will hold at this point, at all. It's fine if you think they'll turn around, but that's what most people here thought when Mike and Jim left and Thorsten was made CEO. We thought Thorsten was going to turn the company around and look how that ended up. Without deliverables, there's just no telling what will happen. I'm cautiously optimistic about Chen too. He seems to have some great ideas and visions. But turning this company that has so many marks against it is just really uncertain at this point. I like BlackBerry and always have. But I don't want to invest at this point at all. And even with all that, I might still pick up another Z10 when the price gets even lower.
    It didn't start like that Mr. Ambassador. I was basically questioned as to why I am investing. I don't need to be questioned. I don't need people telling me to pull my money out. I'm glad you don't want to invest by choice. And still didn't trash the company's rep with all the talk that many of these people had. I called him a troll be cause each and every comment he posted was short and negative. That isn't someone who cares. Believe then, is different from believing now. The products they plan to deliver aren't anything close to what they were a year or two ago. Before the Z10. I am not saying the company can fall. I am clearly saying I choose to invest because I want to, plus because I see something happening in the future. It's cool, you don't share the same views. You didn't attack my education, or my knowledge. You aren't sure it is going to topple are you? That is why I am willing to risk $1000-$3000. I don't depend on this money to survive. Buy a Z10 when it gets cheaper. I plan to buy the Q30, and Z50. My dad is going to get the Z30 because quiet frankly his Samsung Note Sucks! And he shoots emails left and right. I don't need to convince people to buy BlackBerry products, I don't need to convince them to Buy shares. They just say they are interested in doing so. I didn't ask for people to try and make those decision to those for who are willing to invest some money. They are not stupid. We are all capable of making our own decisions. Hope we can all respect that.

Don't talk down to my invest, and I wont talk down to any of yours. Because everyone who spoke about BlackBerry stock has said they're going to go down. So how does that not sound like they are certain? You are not certain. I am not certain, but I am willing. That's my message to those who disagree with me.
    11-19-13 04:23 PM
    I see nothing wrong with diehard fans buying BB10 stock. Best to wait for upcoming Q Results though as there's a high chance Management will issue a profit/loss warning alert in the first week in Dec. I'm expecting a major Q10 write down as initial production volume was probably the same as or maybe more than Z10.
    11-19-13 04:28 PM
    It didn't start like that Mr. Ambassador. I was basically questioned as to why I am investing. I don't need to be questioned. I don't need people telling me to pull my money out. I'm glad you don't want to invest by choice. And still didn't trash the company's rep with all the talk that many of these people had. I called him a troll be cause each and every comment he posted was short and negative. That isn't someone who cares. Believe then, is different from believing now. The products they plan to deliver aren't anything close to what they were a year or two ago. Before the Z10. I am not saying the company can fall. I am clearly saying I choose to invest because I want to, plus because I see something happening in the future. It's cool, you don't share the same views. You didn't attack my education, or my knowledge. You aren't sure it is going to topple are you? That is why I am willing to risk $1000-$3000. I don't depend on this money to survive. Buy a Z10 when it gets cheaper. I plan to buy the Q30, and Z50. My dad is going to get the Z30 because quiet frankly his Samsung Note Sucks! And he shoots emails left and right. I don't need to convince people to buy BlackBerry products, I don't need to convince them to Buy shares. They just say they are interested in doing so. I didn't ask for people to try and make those decision to those for who are willing to invest some money. They are not stupid. We are all capable of making our own decisions. Hope we can all respect that.

Don't talk down to my invest, and I wont talk down to any of yours. That's my message to those who disagree with me.
    Being realistic is not being negative. It is thinking rationally.

I have news for you: the Q30 and Q50 don't exist. Perhaps in BlackBerry HQ they sort-of exist, but they still do not exist.

Oh, and another request: break up your rambling rants into paragraphs. I was tempted to just post TL;DR, but persevered and read it through.

Edit: If you don't know, "TL;DR" means "too long; didn't read".

Last edited by chaz95; 11-19-13 at 05:31 PM.
    techvisor, chr1sny and M65c02 like this.
    11-19-13 04:30 PM

Don't talk down to my invest, and I wont talk down to any of yours. Because everyone who spoke about BlackBerry stock has said they're going to go down. So how does that not sound like they are certain? You are not certain. I am not certain, but I am willing. That's my message to those who disagree with me.
    What was the point in even posting if you didn't want to have a rational discussion, though? You've lashed out at everyone who offered a differing opinion. My inkling is that you expected high fives and pats on the back and when you didn't get that you got defensive instead of actually listening to what people were saying. That's why questions about your education/knowledge came into the equation.

Many of these people have made their own investment mistakes, either with BBRY or other companies. They've been there, or they've seen many on this board invest at various times (like when $30 a share seemed like a good bargain) and have lost thousands.

It's your money to do with as you please, certainly. But I agree with those who say you can help best by buying devices, not stock. Buy them for your friends and family. I doubt they will turn down a free phone! If they like them, they can tell their friends and family, and those people will tell their friends and family, and on and on and on. The company needs device and service sales more than anything right now.

Oh, and that's Ms. Ambassador.
    techvisor, chr1sny and richardat like this.
    11-19-13 04:34 PM
    Being realistic is not being negative. It is thinking rationally.

I have news for you: the Q30 and Q50 don't exist. Perhaps in BlackBerry HQ they sort-of exist, but they still do not exist.

Oh, and another request: break up your rambling rants into paragraphs. I was tempted to just post TL;DR, but persevered and read it through.

Do you call your 3 spaces 3 paragraphs? I dont.

And as for the Q30 and Z50. That is talk that should be spread, not talked down to. You see what I mean? I know they aren't. Due 2014. Thats not a whole year from now, I don't think.
    Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:38 PM
    What was the point in even posting if you didn't want to have a rational discussion, though? You've lashed out at everyone who offered a differing opinion. My inkling is that you expected high fives and pats on the back and when you didn't get that you got defensive instead of actually listening to what people were saying. That's why questions about your education/knowledge came into the equation.

Many of these people have made their own investment mistakes, either with BBRY or other companies. They've been there, or they've seen many on this board invest at various times (like when $30 a share seemed like a good bargain) and have lost thousands.

It's your money to do with as you please, certainly. But I agree with those who say you can help best by buying devices, not stock. Buy them for your friends and family. I doubt they will turn down a free phone! If they like them, they can tell their friends and family, and those people will tell their friends and family, and on and on and on. The company needs device and service sales more than anything right now.

Oh, and that's Ms. Ambassador.
    Ugh. This is exhausting. No, I was talking to people who haven't seen all the losses in the past and have developed a phobia in the BBRY market. I did say I was going to buy devices, didn't I? I still want to invest $1000. I will buy devices. Talk to these guys, who you are defending. Tell them to buy devices. I don't need convincing, I'm buying what I can.
    11-19-13 04:44 PM
    I didn't think you'd be able to point to anything specific that Chen has done. Thanks for confirming.

I guess I'll wait here for you to post some press release or open letter as your compelling evidence for why Chen will turn BBRY around.
    richardat likes this.
    11-19-13 04:46 PM
    I didn't think you'd be able to point to anything specific that Chen has done. Thanks for confirming.

I guess I'll wait here for you to post some press release or open letter as your compelling evidence for why Chen will turn BBRY around.
    Hahah! I don't want to waste my time. I have a formal business report presentation at 7pm California time. I don't need to prove anytime to you. How do you think I type these long *** paragraphs? I read, read, read. I don't need to tell you a thing. Just do what you do. Troll.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:49 PM
    Do you call your 3 spaces 3 paragraphs? I dont.

And as for the Q30 and Z50. That is talk that should be spread, not talked down to. You see what I mean? I know they aren't. Due 2014. Thats not a whole year from now, I don't think.
    Posted via CB10
    You do know the difference between a rumor and an announcement, right? Most likely there's a bit of truth to them. All devices were once rumors after all. But chaz is correct, they don't exist yet. I'm saving my enthusiasm closer to the release date so I don't get my hopes up.

Ugh. This is exhausting. No, I was talking to people who haven't seen all the losses in the past and have developed a phobia in the BBRY market. I did say I was going to buy devices, didn't I? I still want to invest $1000. I will buy devices. Talk to these guys, who you are defending. Tell them to buy devices. I don't need convincing, I'm buying what I can.
    Yep, it's exhausting indeed. I wish you luck in your endeavors, but I urge you to broaden your perspective a bit. Nothing bad can happen with going at a situation with all the information you can, whether you want to hear the bad stuff or not.
    11-19-13 04:51 PM
536 ... 45678 ...