View Poll Results: Is this smart investing?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 31.71%
  • No

28 68.29%
    Also my teacher wanted to know what the new BlackBerry was like and I said it was absolutely awesome and smarter than iOS and Android. And the chick in my group, she was like "can I see it?" And you already know what I did. Marketing skills at its finest.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:06 PM
    Already bought 1200 shares $6.58

Posted via CB10
    Smart man! Good luck to us, and goodbye to these haters. lol

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:09 PM
    This thread. Just wow.
    11-13-13 09:00 PM
    We Are Committed to Reclaiming our Success

We have begun moving the company to embrace a multi-platform, BYOD world by adopting a new mobility management platform and a new device strategy. We are also leveraging our tremendous assets, including BBM, our network and QNX. While we are proud of these accomplishments, we know there is more work to be done.

I know that it’s going to take time, discipline and tough decisions to reclaim BlackBerry’s success and we are ready for that challenge.

That's my man John Chen, the Interim CEO, telling us to have a great day and rest assured that he's not quitting on us, and that we shouldn't either. Have we forgotten what the term "CrackBerry" truly means? We are supposed to be BlackBerry addicts? But all I hear is BlackBerry pessimists speaking on their forums. No one is realistic here. This isn't a place to hate, it's a place to appreciate BlackBerry's biggest community.

Read more here http://crackberry.com/message-blackb...ng-our-success
    11-13-13 09:04 PM
    Sounds like reclaiming the success was Heins' pitfall. They need to earn new successes, not reclaim past ones.

I averaged down my earlier $15 buy at $6.70 last week. But I've all but kissed that money goodbye in spirit. I have a love-hate relationship with my investments. I love to hate myself when I invest where I shouldn't.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    11-13-13 09:18 PM
    Sounds like reclaiming the success was Heins' pitfall. They need to earn new successes, not reclaim past ones.

I averaged down my earlier $15 buy at $6.70 last week. But I've all but kissed that money goodbye in spirit. I have a love-hate relationship with my investments. I love to hate myself when I invest where I shouldn't.

Posted via CB10
    Man, they are earning new success. Companies and agencies are their successes, and they're still growing. How is that not new success? How is BES10 not something new along with BB10. Sorry your money is down, but when you invested was a bad time. And I was going to invest around that time too, but the money didn't come till now thankfully. I am even more willing to buy in now. And don't worry, you will see a come up if you keep it just like that. I'm wishing you luck man! Just be optimistic with your investment and wait, or pull out and hate.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:23 PM
    Time will tell....

Chances that BlackBerry will succeed are VERY small. But at $6.50 a share you are pretty safe that it won't drop drastically from this point.
    A year ago was the time to buy at $6.nn while there was something huge in the pipeline in the shape of BB10 phones. There is nothing but more bad news and hardship ahead next year I fear.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:26 PM
    I actually go to a university in california. Thanks for insulting the Canadians. It was an example of how the company went from top dog to the bottom. And if you know anything about the open letter, then you wouldn't have been assuming.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I honestly thought only national pride could lead to such a conclusion that you seemed to draw. Get your BA, then your MBA and then come back and read what you wrote. I assure you you will see how naive it is to disregard numbers, facts and to state that you think it is different this time. It's the single biggest mistake people trick themselves into believing. You also fall prey to #2, trying to time the market. Even the pros can't do that accurately. I guarantee people were saying the same thing at 75, 50,40,30,20. Trying to catch a falling knife - Google it and learn.

I applaud your enthusiasm, but letting it cloud your business judgment is a lesson you won't learn at University.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-13-13 09:27 PM
    Sorry I honestly thought only national pride could lead to such a conclusion that you seemed to draw. Get your BA, then your MBA and then come back and read what you wrote. I assure you you will see how naive it is to disregard numbers, facts and to state that you think it is different this time. It's the single biggest mistake people trick themselves into believing. You also fall prey to #2, trying to time the market. Even the pros can't do that accurately. I guarantee people were saying the same thing at 75, 50,40,30,20. Trying to catch a falling knife - Google it and learn.

I applaud your enthusiasm, but letting it cloud your business judgment is a lesson you won't learn at University.
    Only I didn't start saying that from 75-6.49 I said it at the end of the fall. Which most of the time if a company knows what it is failing to do, can rise again. Maybe not to those heights, but it will rise. Let me ask you something? Do you like BlackBerry 10? And what phone do you use as your primary phone?

If I invest in Google I won't go as high as BlackBerry might if they work right. Companies that are high can always come down, just like BlackBerry did. And don't say only BlackBerry makes these mistakes. It's times, and CEO's with different minds. I see change, and this New CEO seems to have his mind right, and his sights set. Now is the time to invest if there is any chance of coming back. Not when Heins is on his way out, but who could've foreseen that? Many people I am sure. Not all though, definitely not all. If the money stays in one place, you'll never get change out of a company. At some point you'd be getting less and less. They release iOS 7 with features to make people feel like their iPhones are refreshed. BlackBerry can do the same this. Good thing their SW leaders aren't letting us down.

We wanted more Android, but BlackBerry As well so their working now, finally, on delivering a 2-in-1 deal. Most of the people in my school know nothing of BlackBerry's capabilities. Which is why they were interested in seeing my Q10. Sorry you that we don't agree. I'm not going to invest in APPLE or Android, because I see a brighter future for businesses and business people in BlackBerry. They have a bright future too, but I'm happy with my investment and my confidence in BlackBerry and their CEO.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:50 PM
    Just bought my first set of BBRY Shares!-crackberry-image.jpg

Proof the Verizon isn't just selling the Z30 online, some stores rock it. Man, if you want to jump and make claims, please know your stuff. I am reading the market, there's a difference between that and non-factual statements which may lead to negative images of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:53 PM
    Only I didn't start saying that from 75-6.49 I said it at the end of the fall. Which most of the time if a company knows what it is failing to do, can rise again. Maybe not to those heights, but it will rise. Let me ask you something? Do you like BlackBerry 10? And what phone do you use as your primary phone?

If I invest in Google I won't go as high as BlackBerry might if they work right. Companies that are high can always come down, just like BlackBerry did. And don't say only BlackBerry makes these mistakes. It's times, and CEO's with different minds. I see change, and this New CEO seems to have his mind right, and his sights set. Now is the time to invest if there is any chance of coming back. Not when Heins is on his way out, but who could've foreseen that? Many people I am sure. Not all though, definitely not all. If the money stays in one place, you'll never get change out of a company. At some point you'd be getting less and less. They release iOS 7 with features to make people feel like their iPhones are refreshed. BlackBerry can do the same this. Good thing their SW leaders aren't letting us down.

We wanted more Android, but BlackBerry As well so their working now, finally, on delivering a 2-in-1 deal. Most of the people in my school know nothing of BlackBerry's capabilities. Which is why they were interested in seeing my Q10. Sorry you that we don't agree. I'm not going to invest in APPLE or Android, because I see a brighter future for businesses and business people in BlackBerry. They have a bright future too, but I'm happy with my investment and my confidence in BlackBerry and their CEO.

Posted via CB10
    I have a z10 as my primary phone, pre-ordered it and had it on day 1 in the US. Also have a Play Book. I am not a hater but a dissapointer. BBRY has been a huge fail for the last 2 years. Most people in College don't know squat about BB, and that is why BBRY's future is in serious doubt. There is a whole generation of up and coming professionals and financially well off people who never even consider a BB phone. I agree this is the last chance for BBRY, I am not sure the stock can't go lower. I am not sure it will go higher either. GL with your investment.
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-13-13 09:58 PM
    To OMG, I see your frustrations in your investment, but 2 year is too short to make a judgment on BlackBerry. If you see BlackBerry is till surviving after 5 years or more of crappy devices, that must be something extraordinary BlackBerry have. You can see now new generation like OP - Otech that come to love BlackBerry, it does say something, doesn?t it ? The fact that you keep coming to the forum to contribute also means you still have hope on BlackBerry. It is very hard to understand BlackBerry 10 can be sold to intelligent people or prosumers but still not to many general consumers. But when eagle soars, birds will follow in the end. I still believe this.

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-13-13 10:14 PM
    Wow, this thread went to crap fast.
    jfguay2 and richardat like this.
    11-13-13 10:17 PM
    I wouldn't buy BlackBerry stock anytime in the future unless I want to throw away money! I love BlackBerry and really hope they succeed but I think it's a little too late to hope that they will and I hope I am wrong. Just sayin

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    11-13-13 10:30 PM
    To OMG, I see your frustrations in your investment, but 2 year is too short to make a judgment on BlackBerry. If you see BlackBerry is till surviving after 5 years or more of crappy devices, that must be something extraordinary BlackBerry have. You can see now new generation like OP - Otech that come to love BlackBerry, it does say something, doesn?t it ? The fact that you keep coming to the forum to contribute also means you still have hope on BlackBerry. It is very hard to understand BlackBerry 10 can be sold to intelligent people or prosumers but still not to many general consumers. But when eagle soars, birds will follow in the end. I still believe this.

Posted via CB10
    That's the truth. And I've used an iPhone 5, I've used a GSII, HTC One S, my bro has the iPhone 5s. It's mainly used as a toy, so the job for BlackBerry is allowing for both types of use, Professional/Recreational. They are doing so as we speak. It isn't too late. How can it ever be too late if they are capable of have Android 4.2.2 inside as of now, and soon to be 4.4 at some point. That's not too late, especially if google isn't going out of business anytime soon. It's the best thing BlackBerry could ever do to try and get the attention of College student with minds of the simpletons (aka iPhones, iPads, Macs). Even those they don't use to their full potential. Let's be honest now, if BlackBerry was able to run KitKat, will you still assume that it is late?

Thanks for contributing Andy!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:50 PM
    I have a z10 as my primary phone, pre-ordered it and had it on day 1 in the US. Also have a Play Book. I am not a hater but a dissapointer. BBRY has been a huge fail for the last 2 years. Most people in College don't know squat about BB, and that is why BBRY's future is in serious doubt. There is a whole generation of up and coming professionals and financially well off people who never even consider a BB phone. I agree this is the last chance for BBRY, I am not sure the stock can't go lower. I am not sure it will go higher either. GL with your investment.
    Thanks man, I wish you the best as well. Hope we can help move BlackBerry in the right direction because they do listen. And I always give them feedback by taking their surveys. That's how I have increased my faith in them over time. They show improvement. We need to help them instead of talk down to them.
    11-13-13 10:57 PM

This guy says he is CEO material bro. He doesn't need numbers.
    m1a1mg, techvisor and richardat like this.
    11-13-13 11:15 PM
    You want to know the type a person I am? I am a marketing major, who networks and sends emails on a daily. I talk business, I talk tech, I talk BlackBerry, I talk to women, I feel like I might be CEO material. lol You seem to be a negative advertising for BlackBerry and CrackBerry believers. I'm sure there's a thread for those types as well. Thank you for your wishes, I hope you succeed as well.
    Such a bizarre post.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-13-13 11:20 PM
    Such a bizarre post.
    Hahah more trash talk?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-13-13 11:43 PM
    Just bought my first set of BBRY Shares!-img_20131101.png

On the road. Maps is another example of their software skills. I don't have time for the haters. I'm a positive person, and I've been watching. So has John Chen, he's not new to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 11:51 PM
    So I see that I am correct. BlackBerry is listening to us (the consumers) by giving us something we've wanted and still want. They're giving up this 10.2.1 leak and telling us that it is good to download it especially now. They want our feedback. There is still hope, and to everyone who is against me in this thread, please think again. We need everyone in this community to be positive. BlackBerry is on the come up!

http://crackberry.com/talking-os-102...system-builder

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 11:00 AM
    Nobody is against you, we just tried to give you a transparent objective view on the BlackBerry stock. What you failed to grasp in all of this thread was that you are associating your emotional hopes on profiting while ignoring the facts of the business of a publicly listed company. Good luck. The downgrades continue.

Posted via CB10
    chr1sny likes this.
    11-15-13 01:00 PM
    Nobody is against you, we just tried to give you a transparent objective view on the BlackBerry stock. What you failed to grasp in all of this thread was that you are associating your emotional hopes on profiting while ignoring the facts of the business of a publicly listed company. Good luck. The downgrades continue.

Posted via CB10
    Who ignored the fact that they are currently at the bottom of the market? I didn't. But you know sometimes it pays to not be a follower in the stock market? Or you going to disagree with me again? My hope isn't completely based off of emotions, it rather based on what I'm hearing from the company I am investing it. What do you hear from Apple? Or Android? That makes you so confident? Other then the fact that the market is currently up? I know people have minds of followers, me personally though, I think of myself as an opinion leader. I'm not going to put my dollars on apple or google, when I expect some drop in market share once people realize that BlackBerry has Android inside. Soon to be fully capable of doing what their simple-minded phones can do. I think there is more money to made investing in BlackBerry. I don't fail to understand anything. I get it 100 percent. I'm just committed to BlackBerry because I know how they are operating...based on consumer feedback. Thanks for wishing me luck. I've been wishing myself the same since I posted this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-15-13 at 06:49 PM.
    11-15-13 03:57 PM
    And if you read this NEWS FROM REUTERS, then maybe you will understand where I am coming from. All these negative people posting here, you seem like you'd been paid to do one thing, which is talk down to BlackBerry. And ignore all that is going on right now. Honestly, I think BlackBerry deserves our respect especially if we are true CrackBerry members. Don't just be the most negative active users on CrackBerry. So if we ignore numbers, and we talk about actions and other things, you should all be able to agree with me, for once.
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-15-13 at 07:20 PM.
    11-15-13 06:53 PM
    BlackBerry makes good products.
    No, relative to the competition, BlackBerry does NOT make good products. I'm sorry but this false premise keeps getting repeated here, but its just not true.
    11-16-13 09:33 AM
536 12345 ...