View Poll Results: Is this smart investing?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 31.71%
  • No

28 68.29%
    This morning, I decided I was going to make my first investment in BBRY stocks. I bought 165 shares @ $6.49/share.

I have faith in BlackBerry and John Chen's movement, looking to invest more soon.

Bid confidently,
    iLEET Designs - C00061EEC
    BlackistheBerry, bb624 and rarsen like this.
    11-11-13 05:36 PM
    Congrats man!

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB and rarsen like this.
    11-11-13 05:42 PM
    Well done!

I'm looking to invest too!

Mr Chen got paid like 88 million so hopefully he will do wonders!

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-11-13 11:44 PM
    Thanks guys!

Yup, you should ASAP. I don't think it'll stay that low for long.

Hopefully we can all be winners this time around!
    anon5993996 likes this.
    11-12-13 12:13 AM
    $6 is a decent price to buy at

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:16 AM
    $6 is a decent price to buy at

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is, I was going to make the mistake of buying while it was at $10 since before the strategic alternative announcement.
    11-12-13 12:25 AM
    How did you go about buying stocks? I'm actually interested in doing this as well.
    11-12-13 12:29 AM
    Think im gonna invest a couple of thousand and wait for them to shoot up and pull out.

I'm looking at a short term investment. I don't think it's worth the long run tbh.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:30 AM
    How did you go about buying stocks? I'm actually interested in doing this as well.
    You have to register with an online broker.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:30 AM
    I also wanna buy blackberry stocks and I am in qatar. I wish I knew how.

Is there some online trading house or something?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:32 AM
    You have to register with an online broker.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any recommendations?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-12-13 12:33 AM
    I also wanna buy blackberry stocks and I am in qatar. I wish I knew how.

Is there some online trading house or something?

Posted via CB10
    You sign up with a stockbroker (I signed up with scottrade.com), then you fund your account with money from your bank or something, during certain hours you are able to buy/sell shares. It is pretty nice, I am a newbie to the game. But I've been watching for a while now. You pay a small brokers fee, I think mine is $7 and a very small percentage during sales. Its very small you wont really notice it. But its the cost of doing business. Good luck to the both of you!
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-12-13 12:41 AM
    You sign up with a stockbroker (I signed up with scottrade.com), then you fund your account with money from your bank or something, during certain hours you are able to buy/sell shares. It is pretty nice, I am a newbie to the game. But I've been watching for a while now. You pay a small brokers fee, I think mine is $7 and a very small percentage during sales. Its very small you wont really notice it. But its the cost of doing business. Good luck to the both of you!
    Is there minimum shares you have to buy? And what's the minimum time you have to hold on to your shares?
    11-12-13 12:45 AM
    Think im gonna invest a couple of thousand and wait for them to shoot up and pull out.

I'm looking at a short term investment. I don't think it's worth the long run tbh.

Posted via CB10
    I was originally investing $3,000, but I must be patient because I'm about to start my business very in the next few weeks. Short run is good, however, I would keep some in there because I see a long future for BlackBerry, they know what they need to do to stay alive for the next generation of mobile computing. Waiting can be way more rewarding if things go right.
    11-12-13 12:45 AM
    Is there minimum shares you have to buy? And what's the minimum time you have to hold on to your shares?
    Minimum deposit into the account was $500, but there isn't a minimum investment. No minimum. It all happening real-time.
    11-12-13 01:12 AM
    Time will tell....

Chances that BlackBerry will succeed are VERY small. But at $6.50 a share you are pretty safe that it won't drop drastically from this point.
    11-12-13 10:22 AM
    I can't help but wonder which metrics you used to determine that this was a good investment?

It's down another .08 this morning and nothing on the horizon looks promising. Additionally, another lawsuit regarding the performance of the BOD has been filed. BlackBerry Shareholder Alert: Former SEC Attorney Willie Briscoe and Powers Taylor Investigate Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by Officers and Directors: Business Wire Business News - MSN Money
    11-12-13 10:46 AM
    I can't help but wonder which metrics you used to determine that this was a good investment?

It's down another .08 this morning and nothing on the horizon looks promising. Additionally, another lawsuit regarding the performance of the BOD has been filed. BlackBerry Shareholder Alert: Former SEC Attorney Willie Briscoe and Powers Taylor Investigate Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by Officers and Directors: Business Wire Business News - MSN Money
    There could be some positive points to look forward to before the next quarter, we could see some big names finally firm up on the enterprise test servers and maybe buy some phones. We could hear good news on bbm numbers. Some entity could still buy this out. 3.3 billion is a pretty low market cap. Let's assume there is 2 billion cash left, there is a billion in real estate, at least 500 million tax return. I think we all know the book value is way off market cap. Its not a horrible play for some risk money, but i think i would be looking to buy at about 4.50 after the next quarter fiasco next month.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:39 PM

This is exactly when you buy - hunt for distressed stocks.
    When there's a lot of hype - time to sell.
    Otech#CB and bungaboy like this.
    11-12-13 12:54 PM
    Do you have any recommendations?
    Hl.co.uk

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:58 PM
    This is exactly when you buy - hunt for distressed stocks.
    When there's a lot of hype - time to sell.
    You hunt for distressed stocks when you have money that you don't mind losing.
    11-12-13 01:12 PM
    You hunt for distressed stocks when you have money that you don't mind losing.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-872512/

I install leaks, I see where the company is headed. I've watched, I'm not still sitting on 10.0 or 10.1 just guessing. I actually see a market in BlackBerry and the leak I just showed you allows me to install APK's straight from my BB. Sure it's just a leak, but they show us this for a reason. BlackBerry is an investor's company. I'm willing to risk $3000 at this point, that's my gamble. But I did my homework. The only way ill lose is if they go to 0 which they wont.
    11-12-13 02:23 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-872512/

I install leaks, I see where the company is headed. I've watched, I'm not still sitting on 10.0 or 10.1 just guessing. I actually see a market in BlackBerry and the leak I just showed you allows me to install APK's straight from my BB. Sure it's just a leak, but they show us this for a reason. BlackBerry is an investor's company. I'm willing to risk $3000 at this point, that's my gamble. But I did my homework. The only way ill lose is if they go to 0 which they wont.
    If you buy at $6.49 and end up selling at $6.49 you have lost.

Downloading "leaks" and assuming that you know where BlackBerry is heading is a fatal flaw. What you need to know is where is BlackBerry heading and where is iOS and Android heading - and thus what will consumers expect devices to deliver in 6 months or 12 months. RIght now all that the leaks really show is that BlackBerry has a lot of work to do in order to deliver a feature rich and mature OS that doesn't cause more problems than it fixes. And there is no reason at this point to belive that 10.2.1.1055 is anything more than a "what if" by the design team.... maybe as a last ditch effort BlackBerry will embrace Android, and maybe not. It would "repair" the app problem, but I'm not sure how it would really attract consumers...
    11-12-13 02:32 PM
    I personally dislike the feel of android OS as well as iOS, along with many more current BlackBerry users. I am not worried of losing. I am doing it for fun, but I expect that it will rise, and we can just watch, but I'm not going to wait for it to start going up before I invest that would be a waste. Sure it went down a little. Not a big deal, I wasn't trying to pull out in the next few days after investing. I'm looking at 6months- 2 years. The leaks aren't jokes just sent by BlackBerry, they are serious. They are working on these things, and if you were installing leaks before they officially release 10.2 you'd see how quickly they were improving and working on their update. Same goes for BBM4ALL, soon to have video, voice, and BBM Channels. Oh and when BBM comes to desktop, you don't think that's major? That's fine, different investors, different minds. I'm a marketing major, BlackBerry lacks big in that field, however, they use these leaks to help spread the word, thru us. When people like you talk down to it, you kinda toss their attempts at grabbing more fans in the trash. BlackBerry actually uses the term Beta, however their os is more official than iOS 7 and maybe even KitKat. And just look at the difference in market share. BlackBerry isn't getting the respect they deserve.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 12-10-13 at 11:50 AM.
    loyalIND likes this.
    11-12-13 02:47 PM
    BlackBerry makes good products. There services i don't know a lot about but it sounds good and corporate clients are on board so far. QNX has an outstanding record and seems to have a great uptake so far in the automotive industry which has a bright future. BBM i think can be maneuvered to fill many gaps in person to person communication and interaction that i don't believe any other application is able to or looks to be heading towards.

The stock market longs hate BlackBerry. It has been an easy call to see the stock and company in free fall while Google and apple kept on rising, when this happens in a market the momentum is extraordinary more people buy into the winners and the looser get shorted and piled on. The media follows the money, in BlackBerrys case bad news is their good news , creating negative sentiment against the looser despite the quality of the product,and the losses keep coming. The problem is, even if BlackBerry has a product that is way better than the rest it just doesn't matter because to get the consumer to buy the product the company has to be offering the stock market an ability to profit. In this case its a matter of getting the market to shift from positions in apple and Google etc to BlackBerry and get the money back on the BlackBerry side.

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-12-13 03:20 PM
536 123 ...