No one knows about BB10. You are deluded and not paying attention if you think people do. The level of unawareness is so pervasive that I strongly suspect IT departments don't know about it and, if they do, have never tried it and know nothing of its functionality.

Chen succeeded in cutting costs and keeping Wall Street happy for a few quarters. The party is over, and we see that he had no better idea how to market without cooperation from the carriers than Heins or anybody else.
    Spot on!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 02:58 PM
    Where are you three located? I too work closely with large multinationals and I can state unequivocally BlackBerry is still king.

No matter...appears perhaps your repeated point is really key here...nothing more.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-15 11:04 PM
    Where are you three located? I too work closely with large multinationals and I can state unequivocally BlackBerry is still king.

No matter...appears perhaps your repeated point is really key here...nothing more.

Classically Posted.
    Sounds like you and Chen must have the same 3 friends...

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 12:10 AM
    Sounds like you and Chen must have the same 3 friends...

Posted via CB10

JC Reality Check!-facebook-20150625-062605.png

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy and BACK-2-BLACK like this.
    06-27-15 06:23 AM
    Oh Shane. "SPOT ON" bro..... too funny. Have an awesome weekend bud! B

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    06-27-15 03:29 PM
    CG, Do you realize that playing the "marketing" game would extinct the company in the state that it is in?

What part of that don't you understand? Or maybe you are suicidal.... And that option makes sense to you.

All past management tried to chase what you mentioned .... But guess what....it killed the company more and more as time went on. At that rate, they were destined to be gone... (Not sure if you noticed).

What JC is doing and has established (FINALLY) are new revenue streams, to actually give life back to the company, generate $$$$, avoid extinction, and grow again......And THEN play the marketing game so YOUR 3 friends can see more BB10 devices( if they do decide to stick with hardware)....Capisce?

So it the general consumer market needs a reality check when it comes to BB... Not JC

It's not about posting $hit to feel good about, it's about stating the fuken facts.
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 06-27-15 at 06:01 PM.
    06-27-15 05:50 PM
    CG, Do you realize that playing the "marketing" game would extinct the company in the state that it is in?

What part of that don't you understand? Or maybe you are suicidal.... And that option makes sense to you.

All past management tried to chase what you mentioned .... But guess what....it killed the company more and more as time went on. At that rate, they were destined to be gone... (Not sure if you noticed).

What JC is doing and has established (FINALLY) are new revenue streams, to actually give life back to the company, generate $$$$, avoid extinction, and grow again......And THEN play the marketing game so YOUR 3 friends can see more BB10 devices( if they do decide to stick with hardware)....Capisce?

So it the general consumer market needs a reality check when it comes to BB... Not JC

It's not about posting $hit to feel good about, it's about stating the fuken facts.
    No... I don't agree.

The Super Bowl ad was stupid, yes. But there are plenty of other ways to advertise that would not bankrupt the company.

If they have hundreds of millions to buy companies, they absolutely have enough for an effective add campaign.

I agree there is risk, but it would at least give them a chance.

When no one knows they exist, they have no chance.

It's pretty simple really.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 06:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, well....it is a shame you don't see it.....
    06-27-15 06:16 PM
    No... I don't agree.

The Super Bowl ad was stupid, yes. But there are plenty of other ways to advertise that would not bankrupt the company.

If they have hundreds of millions to buy companies, they absolutely have enough for an effective add campaign.

I agree there is risk, but it would at least give them a chance.

When no one knows they exist, they have no chance.

Posted via CB10
    Do you honestly think Apple and Samsung pay "just" a few hundred of millions on their advertising campaign?

And are all their ads successful?

Probably not....but they can afford that.... BlackBerry can't right now
    06-27-15 06:20 PM
    Do you honestly think Apple and Samsung pay "just" a few hundred of millions on their advertising campaign?

And are all their ads successful?

Probably not....but they can afford that.... BlackBerry can't right now
    Did I say advertise like Apple or Samsung? No... Of course not!

But to completely ignore the fact that no one even knows you still exist is ludicrous.

Might as well just give up now.

And in fact, investors are onto this now, as evidenced by questions during the ER call... which Chen didn't effectively answer of course.

Wondering why the stock is tanking now? Investors are realizing there's really not much chance now.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    06-27-15 06:57 PM
    @ali1t

Fair point.... but Blackberry is now making money since john took over.

he is a 'savior type'
    06-27-15 07:04 PM
    ...Let's stop making excuses for BlackBerry otherwise they have no reason to change and will fail and fall by the wayside...
    You have a point. I can see the possible results of Mr. Chen's strategy working out. I'm gonna wait and see.

I'm gonna take a chance and be the first to claim I knew it would work!

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.27087 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    06-27-15 07:21 PM
    @ali1t

Fair point.... but Blackberry is now making money since john took over.

he is a 'savior type'
    Actually..... he has made a little.

What Chen has really done is shrink the company down to a MUCH, MUCH smaller corporate footprint, so that the smaller revenue streams are able to cover their cost of operating. And he has really focused on building new revenue streams.

But it is much more difficult to take a company that was making $4 - $5 Billion a quarter and scale it down to a few $100s a quarter.... and still allow that company to be creative and produce quality products. What I find really sad is that as long as I've owned BlackBerry products.... I've never been very impressed with the software. And yet that is what they are now focusing on. STORM1, PLAYBOOK, Z10, BBMx, LINK... only with 10.2 would I say that BB10 has gotten out of the beta phase. But hopefully behind the scenes Chen has been able to hire some new talent that is better suited to software development then what the old guard had in place. And maybe these will be able to get the BlackBerry Experience released on time and have it usable.

Chen is a good businessman, but you can only do so much with what you are given to work with.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-29-15 07:22 AM
    Actually..... he has made a little.

What Chen has really done is shrink the company down to a MUCH, MUCH smaller corporate footprint, so that the smaller revenue streams are able to cover their cost of operating. And he has really focused on building new revenue streams.

But it is much more difficult to take a company that was making $4 - $5 Billion a quarter and scale it down to a few $100s a quarter.... and still allow that company to be creative and produce quality products. What I find really sad is that as long as I've owned BlackBerry products.... I've never been very impressed with the software. And yet that is what they are now focusing on. STORM1, PLAYBOOK, Z10, BBMx, LINK... only with 10.2 would I say that BB10 has gotten out of the beta phase. But hopefully behind the scenes Chen has been able to hire some new talent that is better suited to software development then what the old guard had in place. And maybe these will be able to get the BlackBerry Experience released on time and have it usable.

Chen is a good businessman, but you can only do so much with what you are given to work with.

Yea, see your point... but im sure Chen has a major goal... within the next 5 years or so.. he did say in an interview he will make Blackberry 'king of the hill' again... that's a 'BOLD' statement. lol
    06-29-15 10:19 AM
    Yea, see your point... but im sure Chen has a major goal... within the next 5 years or so.. he did say in an interview he will make Blackberry 'king of the hill' again... that's a 'BOLD' statement. lol
    Didn't see that interview.... not sure what "hill" he was talking about. But BlackBerry will never be the King of smarthphones, and they'll never be worth $80 Billion dollars (well not in relation to what billions are worth today).

Chen's goal is to make money for shareholders... plain and simple. I do remember he said he isn't emotional about hardware.... that was pretty BOLD also But fits as hardware is becoming less and less important to the company. I think the "reality" that Chen sees, is not the "reality" that many on CrackBerry will care anything about.
    Shlooky likes this.
    06-29-15 10:30 AM
    Didn't see that interview.... not sure what "hill" he was talking about. But BlackBerry will never be the King of smarthphones, and they'll never be worth $80 Billion dollars (well not in relation to what billions are worth today).

Chen's goal is to make money for shareholders... plain and simple. I do remember he said he isn't emotional about hardware.... that was pretty BOLD also But fits as hardware is becoming less and less important to the company. I think the "reality" that Chen sees, is not the "reality" that many on CrackBerry will care anything about.
    Yeah, it will certainly be interesting if handsets are officially sold off or something similar. I'm not sure how many people would stick around crackberry if it were all connected car / enterprise focused. My guess is little to none.
    06-29-15 11:17 AM
    There are clever ways to market other than the saturation methods of Samsung and Apple. Bbry needs to figure out a way to reach people that might be interested. Many people ask me about my passport. No one knows about it.

Chen needs to get a clue fast. Banner ads -- what he said at the investors' meeting -- won't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 05:16 PM

True... but didn't chen say 'he'll always make smartphones' for the company? if he didn't care that much why bother to make?

The phones are making the company money.... not a lot but we'll see within the next 5 years? (how long is john with us?)
    06-29-15 06:20 PM
    Lithtech, I think Chen said this in a defensive manner to placate those concerned that they might stop making devices. His default position is that, "we are now a software company and hardware sales don't matter... but we will never stop making hardware." This keeps most everyone happy. In practice, not focusing on hardware is not working.
    06-30-15 05:01 PM
    The Chendroid QNX-powered killer bots are gonna fix that... ;-)

�   Chendroid or not? - QNoX powered ftw...?   �
    techvisor likes this.
    07-06-15 05:52 AM
    There are clever ways to market other than the saturation methods of Samsung and Apple. Bbry needs to figure out a way to reach people that might be interested. Many people ask me about my passport. No one knows about it.

Chen needs to get a clue fast. Banner ads -- what he said at the investors' meeting -- won't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, there needs to be a low underlying vibration send out on a constant basis, not a powerful bass boost or blasts like Apple and Samsung, just the ***occasional*** reminder that "BBRY NOT DEAD!"

:-D

If the average person saw one ad a month or so, that I guess would be enough to keep brand awareness alive. How much would that cost?
    Use the ad dollar wisely, John.

07-06-15 05:58 AM
    Yes, there needs to be a low underlying vibration send out on a constant basis, not a powerful bass boost or blasts like Apple and Samsung, just the ***occasional*** reminder that "BBRY NOT DEAD!"

:-D

If the average person saw one ad a month or so, that I guess would be enough to keep brand awareness alive. How much would that cost?
    Use the ad dollar wisely, John.

Very good idea.

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    07-06-15 09:44 AM
    Very good idea.

Posted via CB10
    Except how many ads does it take to for the average person to see one a month???

I use ad-blocker on my PC to get rid of 90% of advertising (can't go to CrackBerry without it).

I use a DVR to skip most commercials on television.

I use an iPod in my car for music.

To reach me it takes either a Billboard (not sure the cost to market that way nationally/globally) or advertising during a "sports" game (did see a number of BlackBerry ads that way the summer of 2013)

I know markets are different, but I still think that first you need a good product.... then you need the support of your front line sales force. Here in the US that is CARRIERS. If you have a product that can be sold and users can be happy with, then teaming up with CARRIERS to better "market" devices would be the key. The issue, is so far there isn't a product with the BlackBerry name on it that is truly appealing to the non-hobbyist users.
    07-06-15 10:08 AM
    Jc made a lot of unfulfilled promises, like the 10 million hand sets making money, China strategy because china is too big to ignore, growing revenue, stop firing people, the list goes on, my confidence on JC is wearing thin.....

Posted via CB10
    sati01 likes this.
    07-06-15 01:31 PM
    The man grows the cash reserve every ER, has defined a target market, is growing software and is finally chasing some cash for their huge IP portfolio...yet folks find a way to complain. Unreal.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, Corbu, rim4ever and 1 others like this.
    07-06-15 07:29 PM
141 ... 23456