You are in the land of BBRY... and here there is no reality. If you are disappointed or discouraged in any way... you must have an agenda and are only here to spread FUD and cause these people to lose the thousand that they have invested in BBRY's long term "turn around".

I
    Yeah - stereotypical thinking - can't have enough of this for sure...

Via Pasta CB10
    06-23-15 02:51 PM
    Ummm...not for me

So it leaves me to ask :
    What are YOU talking about?
    Do I have to tell you again, in this thread?

Nov 4, 2013 = 6.75 (it actually traded lower the rest of that month)
    June 1, 2015 = 12.21 (you know, when post was made so the close the day before..)

AND actually traded higher that week

So...in essence DOUBLE

But anyway....so so much more than the 37% you are quoting....
    Today... BBRY = 8.81

Wondering who will still claim Chen has doubled the stock price?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 11:24 PM
    It's actually 10.78 as I type for me....

But thanks for the (irrelevant) update (in regards to a month old post)
    06-24-15 09:42 AM
    It's actually 10.78 as I type for me....

But thanks for the (irrelevant) update (in regards to a month old post)
    BBRY hasn't been at the price you quote for well over a month... so it is you quoting irrelevant data.

Where in the world do you get your stock quotes from? I sure hope you aren't investing on such old irrelevant data!

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    06-24-15 10:11 AM
    BBRY hasn't been at the price you quote for well over a month... so it is you quoting irrelevant data.

Where in the world do you get your stock quotes from? I sure hope you aren't investing on such old irrelevant data!

Posted via CB10
    well my friend, not everything revolves around the Nasdaq....

the stock figures can be had on the TSX (BB.TO)

for the sake of the post, when JC came on board, the SP was just over $6.... and up until OPs post... the SP was just over $12... (in TSX land)

so basically it doubled.... Not bad..... EH?

that is my reality... and did not understand OPs comments because as far as I can see it, JC's impact pretty much doubled the SP value over that time period..

Of course, fast forward to today, where the SP is taking a bit of beating after ER, it is at..... lets check.... 10.90 now...

which is still "good" (if you ask me) if people got in when JC took over !!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-24-15 10:31 AM
    no not everything, just the world of technology stocks. It also happens to be the second largest stock exchange in the world by market capitalization. And oh yeah Blackberry happens to be listed there.
    Just a suggestion for the future, add a "TSX" so we know which exchange you are talking about.
    06-25-15 01:51 AM
    Just a suggestion for the future, add a "TSX" so we know which exchange you are talking about.
    Odd suggestion.. but I will try !!

Hope others add "Nasdaq" while they are at it.
    06-25-15 06:33 AM

the stock figures can be had on the TSX (BB.TO)

for the sake of the post, when JC came on board, the SP was just over $6.... and up until OPs post... the SP was just over $12... (in TSX land)

so basically it doubled.... Not bad..... EH?

that is my reality... and did not understand OPs comments because as far as I can see it, JC's impact pretty much doubled the SP value over that time period..

Of course, fast forward to today, where the SP is taking a bit of beating after ER, it is at..... lets check.... 10.90 now...

which is still "good" (if you ask me) if people got in when JC took over !!!
    Actually, in tech stocks, everything pretty much DOES revolve around the NASDAQ. And if folks don't understand that... well then... we may be on to some of the reasons why BlackBerry is so under performing... in that maybe it has to do with the leaders not understanding tech.

And on the NASDAQ, BBRY was 6.5 on the day that Chen took over... and 8.81 on the day someone above was still trying to claim he'd doubled stock value. Well, excuse me... but on the only exchange that really matters to tech... that is not even close to double.... and if you'll notice, it's on a continuing trend down... every time Chen speaks... yet another 1% down to 8.74 at this moment... on the same day that his brilliant stock repurchase news was supposed to help.
    06-25-15 10:30 AM
    BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd out in full force. It's would be difficult for me to being so angry and negative all day. I hope it's not a living they are making. Then again it would be even more sad if it was done on personal time. To each their own I guess.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 12:37 PM
    Actually, in tech stocks, everything pretty much DOES revolve around the NASDAQ. And if folks don't understand that... well then... we may be on to some of the reasons why BlackBerry is so under performing... in that maybe it has to do with the leaders not understanding tech.

And on the NASDAQ, BBRY was 6.5 on the day that Chen took over... and 8.81 on the day someone above was still trying to claim he'd doubled stock value. Well, excuse me... but on the only exchange that really matters to tech... that is not even close to double.... and if you'll notice, it's on a continuing trend down... every time Chen speaks... yet another 1% down to 8.74 at this moment... on the same day that his brilliant stock repurchase news was supposed to help.

That was a funny read !!! LOL

(a shame you think that way though....)

actually, not really... kinda glad come to think of it
    lol

It looks like I made my point even though it is a head scratcher for some...

Thanks for your post (and the laugh) !

Enjoy the rest of the thread.
    06-25-15 12:44 PM
    Odd suggestion.. but I will try !!

Hope others add "Nasdaq" while they are at it.
    I agree it something of an odd suggestion, perhaps because nobody here really does that as far as I can see. Sorry I didn't notice you were talking about TSX.

Regarding Mr. Chen, I give him credit for cutting costs, which needed to be done in a bad way.
    06-25-15 12:49 PM
    That was a funny read !!! LOL

(a shame you think that way though....)

actually, not really... kinda glad come to think of it
    lol

It looks like I made my point even though it is a head scratcher for some...

Thanks for your post (and the laugh) !

Enjoy the rest of the thread.
    Oh... and the further farce in using the TSX as argument for rise in BlackBerry stock is this -> the Canadian dollar has dropped approximately 20% since Chen took over. Compared to the NASDAQ price today, the TSX is obviously higher now, on account of the now much different exchange rate.

So using the TSX to give Chen credit for a higher price... hmmmm... almost seems like blaming Chen for 20% decline in the Canadian dollar.

While Chen has been abysmal for BlackBerry, even I wouldn't claim that.

Posted via CB10
    Shlooky and jmr1015 like this.
    06-25-15 01:44 PM
    Regarding Mr. Chen, I give him credit for cutting costs, which needed to be done in a bad way.
    And on that note, Chen would have made a good CFO. But it does NOT qualify him as CEO.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor and Shlooky like this.
    06-25-15 02:18 PM
    And on that note, Chen would have made a good CFO. But it does NOT qualify him as CEO.

Posted via CB10
    Seems like it but... could anyone have done better? Or was there just too much downward momentum when he took over, that righting the ship is just going to take a long long time? That's why I'm not too hard on him, because I honestly don't know the answer to that question.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-25-15 02:53 PM
    CG,

Not sure what you are going on about now, but...

my point was, since BB inherited JC, he has actually doubled the value of the stock.
    (aside from this past month)

(at least on the TSX, and still had a damn good performance on the Nasdaq)

With that kind of track record, what kind of reality check does he need???

No one is highlighting the fact that using the TSX vs Nasdaq gives JC credit (because of the better returns in this particular instance),
    just the mere fact that it is because of him there were GREAT RETURNS during that time period (in both markets).

he has done A LOT more good, than bad ... than any of the previous management.

In fact, haven't seen much bad from him.

He has stopped the bleeding on spending/costs BIG time, has stablized the financial house, and, has put a plan together for revenue growth ... all in the short time he came on board.

Can you imagine if they still had the previous management?

the company would now be extinct !

But with JC, there is another chapter... the company has relevance now.

If anything, the OP needs a reality check.

JC has actually brought a lot more value to the company, and this has been reflective in the SP.

Don't judge his entire performance on this past month.

The analysts seem to be downplaying things now, jmo.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-15 03:21 PM
    Well its pretty obvious that he is pursuing software services cause hardware is still a mystery and there is no solution in the sight how to solve sales. Those who crack why certain handsets are popular will be the only ones that could pull some strings. If you can answer the question why iPhone is used in enterprise as well as consumer and you can break it down then you can go on and help BlackBerry.

Its certainly not just a single thing, its certainly not the dislike of hardware keyboards but a combination of many things. One of those is software versatility or lack of it on BB10. What I do not understand is if executives are aware that many apps will not ever make the app why are they not even trying to use third party APIs to incorporate at least some of the features into OEM apps. Yes default music app can be used to search and play SoundCloud or Mixcloud so why not do it? Calendar can be used to sync many, many stand alone platforms as well as File Manager. I don't want to even comment on messaging. But they are not taking these actions at all, they do not have enough man power in software development to do it. Or if its not that then they are missing out big time.
    06-25-15 04:35 PM
    Well its pretty obvious that he is pursuing software services cause hardware is still a mystery and there is no solution in the sight how to solve sales. Those who crack why certain handsets are popular will be the only ones that could pull some strings. If you can answer the question why iPhone is used in enterprise as well as consumer and you can break it down then you can go on and help BlackBerry.

Its certainly not just a single thing, its certainly not the dislike of hardware keyboards but a combination of many things. One of those is software versatility or lack of it on BB10. What I do not understand is if executives are aware that many apps will not ever make the app why are they not even trying to use third party APIs to incorporate at least some of the features into OEM apps. Yes default music app can be used to search and play SoundCloud or Mixcloud so why not do it? Calendar can be used to sync many, many stand alone platforms as well as File Manager. I don't want to even comment on messaging. But they are not taking these actions at all, they do not have enough man power in software development to do it. Or if its not that then they are missing out big time.
    It is primarily a single thing.

Virtually no one knows they exist because of their bull headed refusal to advertise.

If no one knows you exist... you will never be successful.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 04:46 PM

Virtually no one knows they exist because of their bull headed refusal to advertise.

Posted via CB10
    You mean like the previous management, where they had a high paid Marketing guru to try and make the consumer market more aware of their presence?

Guess what... that didn't work..

And it won't work for the time being because that game is not in their favour right now.

Its not bull headed... its a decision that needed to be made. The right one the way I see it... because if it continued, we probably wouldn't be here having this conversation and the company was destined to extinguish itself.

Like medicine, tough to take, takes like $hit... but good for you in the end.

Enterprise know they exist, but not the average joe walking into Verizon.

so..

take a deep breathe, count to 10... and see the new direction and game plan.

because the one you speak of was not making money...... more like eating it faster and faster...

Marketing for them right now is like pissing in the wind....
    06-25-15 05:42 PM
    You mean like the previous management, where they had a high paid Marketing guru to try and make the consumer market more aware of their presence?

Guess what... that didn't work..

And it won't work for the time being because that game is not in their favour right now.

Its not bull headed... its a decision that needed to be made. The right one the way I see it... because if it continued, we probably wouldn't be here having this conversation and the company was destined to extinguish itself.

Like medicine, tough to take, takes like $hit... but good for you in the end.

Enterprise know they exist, but not the average joe walking into Verizon.

so..

take a deep breathe, count to 10... and see the new direction and game plan.

because the one you speak of was not making money...... more like eating it faster and faster...

Marketing for them right now is like pissing in the wind....
    You can spin it however it makes you feel better... but the fact is that if no one knows you exist you will NEVER succeed.

And the majority of even enterprise IT departments aren't even aware of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 12:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Im not sure whats going on B2B spectrum of marketing but consumer marketing for BlackBerry is gone and done. If there is a one pitfall that JC is guilty of its suspension of consumer marketing. Even if they are only focused on enterprise that's not an excuse to not have general public marketing as well cause that consumer awareness supports enterprise goals as well.
    ryanfromzion likes this.
    06-26-15 05:52 AM
    You can spin it however it makes you feel better... but the fact is that if no one knows you exist you will NEVER succeed.

Posted via CB10
    umm, ok.
    06-26-15 06:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can you quantify that statement...with verifiable info, not conjecture please.

Classically Posted.
    06-26-15 07:20 AM

Classically Posted.
    Comes from real time and real world experience.

I support an industry that is probably only second to Banking/Finance when it comes to having been previously entrenched with BlackBerry. I have dozens of clients ranging from mom and pop manufacturing, to mid-sized companies with hundreds of employees to Fortune 100/500 companies with tens of thousands of employees. One of the aspects I love about my role is that I get to interface with almost everyone from the shop floor to the board room, in locales all over the world.

Direct contact with IT departments is inevitable, as my role requires a certain level of access through company firewalls. In fact, many of my clients load my handset with access to a company email account through their Exchange servers. With all the email accounts I must track, I may be one of the biggest proponents EVER of BB10 Hub.

With all of this interface... believe me when I tell you that with the exception of folks on these forums, virtually no one knows of BB10, Z10, Z30, Passport, Leap, BES12.

I can count on one hand the number of times someone from an IT department was familiar with my Z10/Z30 or Passport when I handed it over for access to company email.

On the other hand, I can't count how my times folks said something along the lines of "... I never heard of BB10, I never knew BlackBerry built a full touch device since the Torch... I wish I'd known... I would have considered it before this iPhone or Samsung."

When no one knows you exist, you will NEVER succeed.
    06-26-15 10:28 AM

Classically Posted.
    You are correct, I think most in enterprise are fully aware of BB10..... they just don't want it.
    That's based on the conjecture that if they did want it, sales of hardware would be going up as fewer than one million BB10 devices is almost nothing And that Licensing of BES12 should by this point be able to at least keep up with the phase out of BIS fees. If there were some "real" number that showed a turn around then Chen would have used them, instead of the vague 2,600 wins.

Not saying that BBRY is or is not a good buy.... just that I don't think hardware is going to be a factor much longer, and I question the need for BES12 by much of the enterprise world today. I think they face competition that is going to limit their profits and their marketshare.
    06-26-15 01:40 PM
    No one knows about BB10. You are deluded and not paying attention if you think people do. The level of unawareness is so pervasive that I strongly suspect IT departments don't know about it and, if they do, have never tried it and know nothing of its functionality.

Chen succeeded in cutting costs and keeping Wall Street happy for a few quarters. The party is over, and we see that he had no better idea how to market without cooperation from the carriers than Heins or anybody else.
    crackberry_geek and techvisor like this.
    06-26-15 02:53 PM
141 12345 ...