Everybody is a bit nervous - for obviously opposed reasons - a few days ahead of E.R, especially in the "quiet period". The reality is that we currently have no factual clue of how the transition - as explained by J.C, not "dreamed" by "anlaysts" or "armchair C.E.Os" - is going.
    There's only one certainty : it will take time before trumpets, wistle and bells - if ever - sounds loud and clear in the crowd perception. I may be tempted to state that it's the main task they have to achieve once break even (finance wise) is reached.

I'm somehow encouraged by posts like these (not claiming FUD on you OP though), because they keep asking "faster, stronger, better, harder" measures which implies, somehow, that the current strategy has flexibility; wiping away the old sentiment "BBRY is a falling knife".
    Because all these "genius" strategies (I call them "magic wounds") imply such a pile of investments and goals shifts, there must be somehow an underlying sentiment here : "why on earth don't they use their $3Bil cash to do [whatever] ...". Let me finish the sentence : "... now they can afford it". Otherwise, that's plain utopia, fantasy, ignorance or whatever you want to call it and yes, in this particular context, you can add FUD at last.

There's a limit to the exercise John Chen and #TeamBlackBerry is trying to achieve here. They ave to be extremely focused on what has been planned and that's only a time for (formerly validated) action. Time to deliver what the plan has settled, like the plan settled it, within the time frame set for the passing points. There's simply neither time nor resources nor will to look back : calling into question is not an option. Fails will simply be cut, afterwards. That's how it is, as stubborn it may seem: the only way to conduct efficient change management. Especially when executed as an emergency as the enterprise is fighting to survive (V.S strategic planned turnover). You may wonder why we ear so few from the board regarding strategy: I'd bet they're better in the shadow when every word can be turned into interpretation and mixed to feed the rumors. No time and nothing to win here: just focus, shut up and deliver.

So, what does it mean for us, the "fans" ?
    It means we have to consider BlackBerry as a long-term illness patient that is slowly recovering while he was depreciating before the shock treatment was ordered. He probably suffers of side-effects and the everyday life at his bedside implies dedication and patience. Making brilliant plans for the future can help, but that's only an escape. Escape is good, even mandatory for sanity and forward perspectives. Still it cannot heal anything alone. Treatment must be followed in its entirety, even when first bump of recovery appear. Otherwise, it's simply inefficient and the pain implied only added more sufferings to the situation. And - yes - there will be additional treatments afterwards to offset some of the remaining side-effects. Afterwards.

So, what does it mean for me, the "stakeholder" ?
    Above all, there's no surprise for me. When I bought my first tiny lot of BBRY shares (end of 2011), I knew :
    1/ It was a (very) long term investment
    2/ The risk/reward ratio was only slightly in favor of reward. But that reward could be huge (multiples).
    3/ I wouldn't bet my future on this and only invested available spare cash.
    4/ I put my money where my words are. I was (and I am still) confident for the company future.
    My investment was so long sighted (my daughter's 18 : still 2.5 years to go) it probably won't fit with any time scale used by traders. Even when I could have made subsequent profits, I played the "continuing bet", adding by small blocks until I reached the limit I fixed regarding my investment capabilities (1K shares). And here I am, fortunately helped with €/$ parity, sitting on my average price. Waiting for the fat lady.

In business there can be chance (more likely a fortunate "vision") but I've never seen a successful magic wound.
    It takes time. And whoever tells you "yeah, you/he said that last quarter already", you're free to simply answer "yup: so did you".

From my thoughts direct to the keyboard, Ambassador and Elite hats off, for what it worth and to whom it may concern.
    SF.

Disclosure : I'm long BBRY.
    I hope that made you feel better Superfly_FR....
    06-18-15 07:49 AM
    I wonder....can leach therapy suck the negativity out of people???

Classically Posted.
    06-18-15 07:57 AM
    I wonder....can leach therapy suck the negativity out of people???

Classically Posted.
    Maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive.... it's only money.

Some seem to believe that if some of us post a negative comment the stock will drop, or if some of us post a positive comment the stock will go up. Then again maybe it does.. I haven't tried charting it.

On a positive note, I do kinda expect an up turn in hardware sales this quarter....
    06-18-15 08:51 AM
    Enquiring minds...was just a question, why so sensitive lol.

Classically Posted.
    06-18-15 09:46 AM
    I hope that made you feel better Superfly_FR....
    The same, to be honest But thanks for asking
    06-18-15 02:59 PM
    The same, to be honest But thanks for asking
    Maybe next week will be better.. I do think that company wise things are improving. Most of my negativity is towards the hardware side of things, which I think eventually Chen will get out from under.

But as I said, I kinda think that hardware movement might have increased .... not enough to change what I think Chen has planned. But enough that the street might see it as a positive move.
    06-18-15 03:17 PM
    So much noise these days ... Let's see how BES performed. At the end of the day, that's where all (re-) starts.
    I can smell a (positive) thrill in this area. But that's probably me (RBC & ScottiaBank agree, though - and you don't need to mention MOBLStanley lol).
    06-18-15 03:26 PM
    I think all the talk about focusing on enterprise was just talk. It's all consumer nowadays. Businesses let their employees buy their own phones which saves costs. Apart from the German government they are not buying into the security proposition. Maybe they should but BlackBerry is not marketing it properly.

BlackBerry also is not marketing the phones -- especially the Passport. People still don't know about BlackBerry OS10. How can the company succeed when no one knows about its products?

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-19-15 06:35 PM
    I think all the talk about focusing on enterprise was just talk. It's all consumer nowadays. Businesses let their employees buy their own phones which saves costs. Apart from the German government they are not buying into the security proposition. Maybe they should but BlackBerry is not marketing it properly.

BlackBerry also is not marketing the phones -- especially the Passport. People still don't know about BlackBerry OS10. How can the company succeed when no one knows about its products?

Posted via CB10
    Yup... seems so obvious.

No matter how good you are, you will never succeed if no one knows you exist.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 09:20 PM
    I think the frustrations that the OP expressed... are correct when it comes to BlackBerry the smartphone company.

He just has missed the point that maybe Chen can stabilize BlackBerry as a non-smartphone company. Something that a few years ago was unthinkable.

I think BlackBerry and BBRY will be OK (as long as your aren't still counting on that $100 party). But I think that fans of the smartphone will be disappointed with the future.
    The company is BlackBerry, the products is BlackBerry, SecuSmart, etc. The USA stock, not exclusive is BBRY, the Canadian traded stock is BB (TSE), yet both stocks on currency exchange hold the same value for some odd reason. Please don't continue to define the value of their stock only in terms of one market trading place as it's not exclusive - gives us Canadians some respect at the very least as it's a Canadian company

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 10:33 PM
    Leach therapy....its worth a try.

Classically Posted.
    06-19-15 11:07 PM
    Leach therapy....its worth a try.

Classically Posted.
    That's a few times now you've misspelled "leech", just thought you should know.
    06-20-15 05:21 AM
    That's a few times now you've misspelled "leech", just thought you should know.
    Dude, you totally missed the humour??

leach/lēCH/
    verb
    (with reference to a soluble chemical or mineral) drain away from soil, ash, or similar material by the action of percolating liquid, especially rainwater.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-20-15 07:18 AM
    Dude, you totally missed the humour??

leach/lēCH/
    verb
    (with reference to a soluble chemical or mineral) drain away from soil, ash, or similar material by the action of percolating liquid, especially rainwater.

Classically Posted.
    The use of "leach" makes no sense in context of the posters in this thread that you keep trying to put down. What is being dissolved?

And you know as well as I that there is a therapy involving leeches.

Just own up to the minor mistake, trying to justify it just leads to all sorts of contortions.
    06-20-15 07:25 AM
    Oh my....I could get all condescending but.... in an effort to maintain interweb peace I'll just let this one lye.

Bhahaha

Cheer up bud...not everyone is out to get you or your friends.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-20-15 07:36 AM
    It's wedding season...here's some dance moves:

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-20-15 07:48 AM
    My main point however, is that John Chen is constantly touted as being some sort of saviour, however, all his actions have mostly caused harm to BlackBerry and its shareholders, as well as the company...
    What are you talking about?

Since he came on board, the SP doubled....

That is THE reality....
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    06-21-15 06:14 PM
    OP take a deep breath and relax a little. Turnarounds take time Chen is doing a good job so far, revenue is up, software sales are increasing, they are showing a profit, and they have the largest cash reserves in the company's history. Things aren't as bad as you are making them to be.

BlackBerry?s big turnaround | The Next Million | KPMG Enterprise
    06-21-15 07:39 PM
    What are you talking about?

Since he came on board, the SP doubled....

That is THE reality....
    I did a #FactCheck on this and found it: False.

Chen joined BlackBerry on Nov 4, 2013. The stock price closed at $6.50 that day on the NASDAQ.
    Last Friday's closing price, when you wrote your post, was $8.91

That's a 37% increase. So, so far away from the 100% increase you are claiming.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-22-15 07:23 AM
    The BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd out in full force. The question is why do people who find no joy with BlackBerry and can only find fault with everything BlackBerry would spend hours, days, weeks, months and yes years posting nothing but negativity and hate on a BlackBerry fan site?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 07:35 AM
    You did a fact check and found it wrong??? Well once again you're mistaken. BlackBerry was the best performing stock on the NASDAQ for many months ( since Chen arrived )...but I guess you missed that.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-22-15 07:49 AM
    I did a #FactCheck on this and found it: False.

Chen joined BlackBerry on Nov 4, 2013. The stock price closed at $6.50 that day on the NASDAQ.
    Last Friday's closing price, when you wrote your post, was $8.91

That's a 37% increase. So, so far away from the 100% increase you are claiming.
    Ummm...not for me

So it leaves me to ask :
    What are YOU talking about?
    Do I have to tell you again, in this thread?

Nov 4, 2013 = 6.75 (it actually traded lower the rest of that month)
    June 1, 2015 = 12.21 (you know, when post was made so the close the day before..)

AND actually traded higher that week

So...in essence DOUBLE

But anyway....so so much more than the 37% you are quoting....
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-22-15 08:06 AM
    And therein lies the problem, how do things like giving exclusives to various carriers with certain designs (passport), or certain colours help the company at all. The carriers clearly aren't as keen on marketing BlackBerry, why does BlackBerry think somehow this will help them. This is a company that doesn't have the luxury of limiting choices to consumers, they'll go elsewhere. Chen is no genius, just an old dinosaur, like the company.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, I kinda think Chen is a pretty smart guy. And he was asked to come into a company that was looking at Bankruptcy in a few quarters without some major changes. Chen made those changes... and I think has put the company on a path towards being a success.

BUT - not as a smartphone manufacture. Really don't think Chen could do anything about the smartphone business by the time he came on board. But he has cut cost and invested in security and communications - things that he can use to add value to his Services and Software divisions. Both of which Chen understands coming from Sybase.

So I think Chen has positioned BlackBerry very well... BUT they are still very much in transition.
    06-22-15 09:58 AM
    The BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd out in full force. The question is why do people who find no joy with BlackBerry and can only find fault with everything BlackBerry would spend hours, days, weeks, months and yes years posting nothing but negativity and hate on a BlackBerry fan site?

Posted via CB10
    Such disparaging remarks fail to notice that most of us are staunch BlackBerry users (in my case it's the only phone I've used for over 13 years).

We desperately want BlackBerry to succeed. Yet we're fed up with seeing them make the same mistakes over and over and over and over again... leading us very close to the reality that our next phone may very well NOT be BlackBerry... because the choice may soon no longer exist.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    06-22-15 06:16 PM
    Such disparaging remarks fail to notice that most of us are staunch BlackBerry users (in my case it's the only phone I've used for over 13 years).

We desperately want BlackBerry to succeed. Yet we're fed up with seeing them make the same mistakes over and over and over and over again... leading us very close to the reality that our next phone may very well NOT be BlackBerry... because the choice may soon no longer exist.

Posted via CB10
    You are in the land of BBRY... and here there is no reality. If you are disappointed or discouraged in any way... you must have an agenda and are only here to spread FUD and cause these people to lose the thousand that they have invested in BBRY's long term "turn around".

I
    techvisor likes this.
    06-23-15 02:12 PM
141 1234 ...