Come on folks, blame me for utter failure of Blackberry. These peop[le have let us down again but I am to be blamed according tto some of the people here?

Kidding aside... what is this long term talk? So in the year 2265, we will see Blackberry make a profit and sell decent number of phones?
    SubCamp likes this.
    06-28-13 08:07 AM
    by the way, loks like BBRY is becoming a bank... only adding cash but no sales. If the board doesnt take some drastic actions, they should be ashamed of itself.
    06-28-13 08:09 AM
    I am a little confused about the hoarding, the Z10 obviously isn't selling the way they'd like and yet they're sitting on $3 billion cash? Why aren't they marketing the hell out of it? Public awareness of BB10 seems very low.
    06-28-13 08:37 AM
    06-28-13 08:39 AM
    I live how a lot of people expected immediate results like flicking a light switch.

The numbers may be a little underwhelming but not unexpected. The right moves are being taken. As for accusations of hoarding. The bank roll isn't climbing exponentially.

I'm sure there's a lot coming down the pipe work in the future. The road map most likely includes a lot of investment as mobile computing focus increases.

The transition has taken a couple years to occur yet everyone is expecting complete turnaround and immediate results in 6 months.

The numbers are below BlackBerry forecast. But the consumer expectations appear to be higher then reason

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:55 AM
    Possibly the new marketing guy, Boulben is incompetent?
    06-28-13 09:01 AM
    What do they have to currently market and who do they have to market it to?

The current incarnation of BB10 works for the faithful. And we're buying it because we know about it, have been waiting for it and don't care about the limitations.

Marketing to folks that will never purchase the device (eg the masses or common consumer) because it doesn't meet their needs is money wasted. Especially with all the negative backlash that could take place.

BlackBerry is smart to limit their spending and save enough to continue engineering and improving. Once they can create a product that the common market desires (eg app, apps, apps) then they have a chance on seeing a return on money invested in massive marketing.

Otherwise, it's just money down the drain.
    06-28-13 09:17 AM

The numbers may be a little underwhelming but not unexpected.
    Not unexpected? They missed forecasts, even while bullish analysts had expected them to BEAT the forcasted earnings by a large margin.

I'm sorry, but 2.7 million is not a good number, even if we allow for this "transitional period" stuff. I know these results don't include the q10, not really, but that's still a very, very, disappointing figure for a full quarter of z10 availability.

As for accusations of hoarding. The bank roll isn't climbing exponentially.
    The point is that they have all this cash. What are they doing with it? This is literally a do or die period for the company; they need to get as many BB10 devices in consumers' hands as possible NOW, not next quarter, not next year. $3.1 billion in cash could go a long way towards accomplishing that.

Unless the Q10 really is a monster seller, hardware will not be the answer for Blackberry. Which means they have to show investors how they plan to make money with BES, BBM, etc.
    06-28-13 09:28 AM
    I live how a lot of people expected immediate results like flicking a light switch.

The numbers may be a little underwhelming but not unexpected. The right moves are being taken. As for accusations of hoarding. The bank roll isn't climbing exponentially.

I'm sure there's a lot coming down the pipe work in the future. The road map most likely includes a lot of investment as mobile computing focus increases.

The transition has taken a couple years to occur yet everyone is expecting complete turnaround and immediate results in 6 months.

The numbers are below BlackBerry forecast. But the consumer expectations appear to be higher then reason

Posted via CB10
    I beg to differ. This is technology, you dont have much time unless you are coming up with a game changer as in Apple... what Jobs did there. Blackberry has to partner and form strategic alliance right away or they will lose even more.
    Jerry A and mike869 like this.
    06-28-13 09:58 AM
    Not unexpected? They missed forecasts, even while bullish analysts had expected them to BEAT the forcasted earnings by a large margin.

I'm sorry, but 2.7 million is not a good number, even if we allow for this "transitional period" stuff. I know these results don't include the q10, not really, but that's still a very, very, disappointing figure for a full quarter of z10 availability.

The point is that they have all this cash. What are they doing with it? This is literally a do or die period for the company; they need to get as many BB10 devices in consumers' hands as possible NOW, not next quarter, not next year. $3.1 billion in cash could go a long way towards accomplishing that.

Unless the Q10 really is a monster seller, hardware will not be the answer for Blackberry. Which means they have to show investors how they plan to make money with BES, BBM, etc.
    In a business like BlackBerry or any other big business it wouldn't take long to '****' away 3.1 billion if not managed right.

I think I read somewhere that Samsung Mobile hardware just took a $12 billion dollar bath. They are still around tho. Because it's not all they sell. And could be considered hoarding all that bank.

If BlackBerry did not bank and have foresight they would not of survived the 2 year transition. I personally believe they are being smart with it.

Example they announce that No BB10 for PlayBook. People are and will be upset. But bankroll has to be there so that their vision of mobile computing can come to market.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:59 AM
    I beg to differ. This is technology, you dont have much time unless you are coming up with a game changer as in Apple... what Jobs did there. Blackberry has to partner and form strategic alliance right away or they will lose even more.
    Look into the history. Yes Jobs brought out something completely new to the market and it took off. I haven't seen any real innovation in iPhone 4,4s and 5. I have however seen features of other smartphones added and renamed.

That's a whole other argument that will only attract the trolls

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:02 AM
    I'm sorry, but 2.7 million is not a good number, even if we allow for this "transitional period" stuff. I know these results don't include the q10, not really, but that's still a very, very, disappointing figure for a full quarter of z10 availability. ]
    Well what is 2.7 the a bad number, think Irember Nokia, which hold 10 times as many sales had a sale for Windows phone units q1 of 5.1 million units that's either compared to 6.8 or you could argue that BBRY is just one tenth of Nokia if you're really pessimistic. I've advocated units below 3 mill as a low number expecting BBRY to be within that range, but I don't see numbers that justify RIMM's value being cut by 1/3 You also need to take the 13 percent increase into account
    06-28-13 10:08 AM
    I am a little confused about the hoarding, the Z10 obviously isn't selling the way they'd like and yet they're sitting on $3 billion cash? Why aren't they marketing the hell out of it? Public awareness of BB10 seems very low.
    Spend millions marketing a pig? why do you guys still think this is a great device? For something that was delayed so long to have an OS that is so behind everything else is sad . The market reflects it and so the people not buying them.

Sometimes I think some of you want these things to do sell well so you have somewhere to keep posting

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    06-28-13 10:26 AM
    Spend millions marketing a pig? why do you guys still think this is a great device? For something that was delayed so long to have an OS that is so behind everything else is sad . The market reflects it and so the people not buying them.

Sometimes I think some of you want these things to do sell well so you have somewhere to keep posting

Can you explain how it's so far behind? Please elaborate

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:33 AM
    The OS is not behind everything else, and in fact, I'd say it's cutting edge compared to everything else on the market. I don't know if you had a bad experience with a BB10 device, or have never actually used one, but your experience is not the same as mine or most others who have one.

The major problem BB has is app support, and that is not a flaw of the OS, it's a result of BB's poor market position, which is a very tough Catch-22 to overcome. They can't sell because they don't have the apps, and they don't have the apps because they can't sell. Not sure what BB can do about this, other than marketing the hell out of BB10 and hoping that their customers can survive without Instagram for a while.
    06-28-13 11:05 AM
    Can you explain how it's so far behind? Please elaborate

Posted via CB10
    If peek and flow is advanced then enjoy. The multitasking that lets you do one thing at once is useless. App store sucks arse. Static icons has been done in 2007.

06-28-13 11:12 AM
    The OS is not behind everything else, and in fact, I'd say it's cutting edge compared to everything else on the market. I don't know if you had a bad experience with a BB10 device, or have never actually used one, but your experience is not the same as mine or most others who have one.

The major problem BB has is app support, and that is not a flaw of the OS, it's a result of BB's poor market position, which is a very tough Catch-22 to overcome. They can't sell because they don't have the apps, and they don't have the apps because they can't sell. Not sure what BB can do about this, other than marketing the hell out of BB10 and hoping that their customers can survive without Instagram for a while.
    Well..enjoy i guess. The os and no apps for it makes it behind everything else.

06-28-13 11:14 AM

Problem One: BlackBerry is a handset only manufacturer. Not one company dedicated to this category is surviving (or has survived).

Problem Two: Lack of an Ecosystem. See Problem One.

Problem Three: Lack of developer support. See Problem One.

BlackBerry cannot survive unless they branch out of the handset category. However their only attempt (PlayBook), failed miserably. Handsets are now pocket computers. BlackBerry's lack of any native apps (and desktop apps too) is killing the platform.

If BB10 can even be called a platform.
    06-28-13 11:31 AM
    If peek and flow is advanced then enjoy. The multitasking that lets you do one thing at once is useless. App store sucks arse. Static icons has been done in 2007.

Ok so another device having to close down and app and open another for things such as calendar is ahead of an OS that allows true multitasking?

I'm sure explaining why it's better will just go over your head anyhow. Either way this conversation is not worth arguing.

IOS slips farther behind everyday. There innovation is gone and there only real asset is their ability to copy features of another OS and make there own. This they do fast. So yes they are good.

Keep an eye on the competition Apple. And if any leaks of other OS makers features get out. Quickly get your team to mimic it and act like you came up with it.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:37 AM
    iOS is actually embarrassingly far behind Android and BB10 at this point (given their resources and dominant market share), but Apple maintains their position by having a very strong brand name and a huge app store. iOS is the default option for app developers, but that doesn't mean that the OS is "ahead" of the competition. It's what, 6-7 years old? With only cosmetic updates.

Edit: I should clarify that I'm talking only about the sophistication of the OS, not market position; obviously Apple's dwarfs BB, now than ever, unfortunately.
    06-28-13 11:50 AM
    iOS is actually embarrassingly far behind Android and BB10 at this point (given their resources and dominant market share), but Apple maintains their position by having a very strong brand name and a huge app store. iOS is the default option for app developers, but that doesn't mean that the OS is "ahead" of the competition. It's what, 6-7 years old? With only cosmetic updates.
    iOS is a highly advanced system because it is based on a desktop operating system and therefore has a powerful ecosystem behind it. Why do you think Apple is selling more computers than ever now? Oh, Apple is a computer company.

Android is such a mess of openness that finding two devices that are fully compatible with each other is getting increasingly more difficult to find. Android is simply a vehicle for Google to expand into mobile and to get more data that they can sell to advertisers. They can care less about the quality or experience. Android owns the low end market.

BlackBerry, meanwhile, is still trying to figure out who they are and where they want to go. It is this lack of vision that is killing the BlackBerry brand. They filled a void a decade ago. But that void has been filled with much better solutions. Now they are looking for another void and are realizing that's not easy. By matching products that have been out for years prior is not a path of innovation.
    06-28-13 12:01 PM
    Ok so another device having to close down and app and open another for things such as calendar is ahead of an OS that allows true multitasking?

I'm sure explaining why it's better will just go over your head anyhow. Either way this conversation is not worth arguing.
    Damn right youll lose the argument. Close down what fir a calender??? Keep dreaming skippy. You look like a turd. Nothing closed..infact 2 open...real multitasking. ..

So ya..I ended your inane argument. It seems like your keeping pace in 1973.
    Posted via CB10

Attached Thumbnails It's all my fault that Blackberry can't sell and about that long term....-1372439871584.jpg  
    06-28-13 12:19 PM
    Damn right youll lose the argument. Close down what fir a calender??? Keep dreaming skippy. You look like a turd. Nothing closed..infact 2 open...real multitasking. ..

So ya..I ended your inane argument. It seems like your keeping pace in 1973.
    Posted via CB10

The problem with arguing with an id10t. They'll drag you down to their level and beat ya with experience. I won't come down to your level.

Gain a couple points there. And we can have a real discussion.

And if you think IOS has true multitasking you're dillusional.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:10 PM
    The problem with arguing with an id10t. They'll drag you down to their level and beat ya with experience. I won't come down to your level.

Gain a couple points there. And we can have a real discussion.

And if you think IOS has true multitasking you're dillusional.

Posted via CB10
    I posted a pic of an android running 2 apps at once. Not shutting down one to run another and not putting in the back somewhere either. Just running them both.

So if you think bb10 is really multitasking, compared to the pic of my android running 2 apps at once that I was forced to buy due to bb10 sucking, then you probably believe in the tooth fairy too.

06-28-13 11:55 PM
    Is 3 billion really that much cash for a corporation? What's it cost to make and run a commercial a lot for months?
    06-28-13 11:59 PM
29 12