There has been some hype recently on whether iOS and Android will clear some security hurdles. Insofar as software security is concerned, they may. Depending on which aspect of security.

But even on clearing the highest security level, the iPhone can NOT be consider a mission critical piece of equipment. Not when the battery is not replaceable. I can not imagine Obama using the iPhone tethered to some power device. Or with some piece of stuff inserted into the **** of his iPhone. So .... if the POTUS can not use the iPhone, why would any of the other White House staffers use it? And how would one power the iPhone in the field where there is no easily available or guaranteed power source? I can not imagine James Bond or Jason Bourne using the iPhone either ...... or any other agents in the field. I guess this feature (or lack of it) would make the iPhone absolutely secure - a dead non-powered/functioning device

Anyway just my 2 cents on why the BB (and maybe the S4) triumphs the iPhone as a piece of mission critical equipment.
    05-06-13 09:15 AM
    Lol love the Jason Bourne stuff. You're right about the iPhone and Apple products in general not supporting universal standards. I've seen a few people technologically "Stranded" due to this reason. Personally I don't like Apple products and would never buy one.
    05-06-13 11:06 AM
    When apple adopted Html5 and Micro sim and full touch interface people said the same about going against standards. And now the z10 has adopted the same "Whacky Ideas". Apple got to where they are by bucking Industry standards.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:33 PM
    When apple adopted Html5 and Micro sim and full touch interface people said the same about going against standards. And now the z10 has adopted the same "Whacky Ideas". Apple got to where they are by bucking Industry standards.

Posted via CB10
    no they really got to where they were by hyping the product, they sold it well and thats all they did
    europolska00 likes this.
    05-06-13 08:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    But those are standards. BlackBerry follows industry standards closely. Apple does not.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:42 PM
    I read somewhere that the only thing President Obama would not give up when he became President was his BlackBerry. I knew there was a reason I love that guy. I even saw a picture of him carrying his a couple of months ago when he took his kids to a bookstore. It was in the newspaper.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 01:06 AM
    his blackberry isnt "mission critical" either technically. He has an array of communication devices that he uses including multiple phones, tablets and laptops but only a select few would have the highest security and be "mission critical."
    05-07-13 05:09 AM
    What makes a non BIS Blackberry more secure than other phones, like the iPhone of Android phone?
    05-07-13 05:20 AM
    What makes a non BIS Blackberry more secure than other phones, like the iPhone of Android phone?
    A BES enabled BlackBerry. I know, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:27 AM
    But those are standards. BlackBerry follows industry standards closely. Apple does not.

Posted via CB10
    At the time none of those were standards and people did the usual calling apple evil for going against convention.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:23 PM
    At the time none of those were standards and people did the usual calling apple evil for going against convention.

Posted via CB10
    They were always standards. An agreed upon way of doing things between different companies and or manufacturers. For some insight on Html5, check out this website:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_intro.asp

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:28 PM
    Thanks I'll take a look!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:39 PM
    Well ....apparently iOS 6 is now certified.

Will we see the POTUS using an iPhone anytime soon?
    05-08-13 08:51 AM