I agree with you, I don't the quarter was even that bad. But the analyst expectations were not to high kris, as expectations were 3 mil and they cam in at hey lets say 2.5 because they gave a ballpark figure. I still think its not bad for a first quarter.
    07-04-13 11:37 AM
    And you can guarantee that? He is also on the Board of Directors. Hopefully he is providing guidance and not sitting back,.

THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES WHEN INVESTING. Even if you are the Warren Buffett of Canada.
    Seriously.
    There are some guarantees. They can close their doors today and sell the parts off and investors will get $18+ a share.

$6 cash per share.

Bes is cross platform now. Worth a fortune. Mdm industry is growing real fast. Going ios and android makes bes10 much more attractive.

Patents are worth a fortune. They've been in the business for 20 years! These are mobile/security/lte patents. In a highest bidder auction, this can fetch over $4b ($8 a share)

QNX is well integrated into industry. It has amazing assets and talent and patents. This company is worth a fortune..

I don't believe the handset business would sell for much especially since the manufacturing is outsourced.

Also there's property and plants all paid and worth another fortune.

Posted via CB10
    nquyen likes this.
    07-05-13 01:55 PM
    I agree with you, I don't the quarter was even that bad. But the analyst expectations were not to high kris, as expectations were 3 mil and they cam in at hey lets say 2.5 because they gave a ballpark figure. I still think its not bad for a first quarter.
    Agreed. And it was a mostly z10 quarter only. The z10,q10,q5,a10 full quarters will be better.

I hope they can have a solid lineup this fall. Back to school season and the Christmas quarters are usually better for sales.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:59 PM
    There are some guarantees. They can close their doors today and sell the parts off and investors will get $18+ a share.

$6 cash per share.

Bes is cross platform now. Worth a fortune. Mdm industry is growing real fast. Going ios and android makes bes10 much more attractive.

Patents are worth a fortune. They've been in the business for 20 years! These are mobile/security/lte patents. In a highest bidder auction, this can fetch over $4b ($8 a share)

QNX is well integrated into industry. It has amazing assets and talent and patents. This company is worth a fortune..

I don't believe the handset business would sell for much especially since the manufacturing is outsourced.

Also there's property and plants all paid and worth another fortune.

Posted via CB10
    Did I miss the press release and fawning adoration for cross platform BBM? If it is worth a fortune, how do you quantify that. And the growing MDM business that can also not be quantified.

In other words, you are making all of it up.

Many made up fortunes.
    07-05-13 02:33 PM
    Did I miss the press release and fawning adoration for cross platform BBM? If it is worth a fortune, how do you quantify that. And the growing MDM business that can also not be quantified.

In other words, you are making all of it up.

Many made up fortunes.
    How much would Whatsapp be worth? Or twitter? Both are just messaging platforms but they do make money through analytics and advertising.

Who would buy bbm on its own with only blackberry users? Now say this bbm channels thing takes off and bbm goes cross platform. Perhaps this was the request of a potential interested buyer or just a way to hoard users?

Bbm with 250 million users on 3 platforms is worth much more than bbm with 50 million users on blackberry alone.

I can't quantify it but Skype was recently sold to Microsoft for $8B and BBM has calling and video just like Skype.

The mdm business would be competing with Good technologies. That company is worth a couple of hundred million. BES has some advantages over GOOD. Our company actually have both but it's looking like GOOD will no longer be needed.
    07-05-13 06:45 PM
    Skype has 663 million registered accounts. Probably 10 times BBM. You can't value BBM. And it doesn't generate revenue. And the patents may or may not be as valuable as they think.

Is BBRY undervalued. Yes. Does that matter? No. Not with distrusted management.
    07-05-13 06:51 PM
    I think what alarmed analyst during the conference call was one-time tax rebates plugged the cash flow.
    Was the tax rebate a one off? This article asserts under Canadian law the tax rebate applies annually - as opposed to tax rebates under US tax law. Can anyone clarify this? Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY): Blackberry Annual Meeting: Time To Get Serious | iStockAnalyst.com
    Bossberry222 likes this.
    07-06-13 11:37 AM
    The tax benefit is ongoing as far as I know, as long as they invest in research and development. BTW investors... BB market cap just dropped to 4.7 billion haha wow. 3.1 billion in cash and the value is pegged at 4.7 I cant believe the negativity towards this company by media. Its giving no credit at all to patents property and equipment not to mention the new line of phones. complete crap by media and investors are buying it
    07-10-13 10:41 AM
    The Z10 came out to limited markets Feb 5th. To USA by the end of March, and those numbers only are until June 2nd. So the best you can hope for is calling it 4 months of sales. Which is almost 1 million per month, if 3.7 milion Z10's have been shipped as someone indicated.
    07-10-13 11:21 AM
    Who indicated 3.7 they only shipped 2.7 new bb10s
    07-10-13 11:31 AM
    2.7 in the latest quarter; 3.7 including February sales.

Still amounts to a hill of beans.
    07-10-13 12:02 PM
    The tax benefit is ongoing as far as I know, as long as they invest in research and development. BTW investors... BB market cap just dropped to 4.7 billion haha wow. 3.1 billion in cash and the value is pegged at 4.7 I cant believe the negativity towards this company by media. Its giving no credit at all to patents property and equipment not to mention the new line of phones. complete crap by media and investors are buying it
    So the investors are stupid and the media is biased?
    Any more conspiracies?

And yes, the stock is vastly undervalued. With that low a market cap and that much cash they are asking to be taken over.
    07-10-13 12:04 PM
    NJ some people pay media to come out with articles of bad news. Just look at the short sell positions on bbry ... you honestly think large investors with millions on the table are not paying for bad news articles to be written? Your probably not an investor then, they try and scare the retail investors in selling to create pressure on the downside.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-10-13 01:00 PM
    Investors are not buying the crap by the media. Traders are.
    07-10-13 04:40 PM
    What about the monthly cash burn rate? The cash won't be there forever if they can't increase revenue. And your $17.93 BV share price seems very high. You may want to check your model.

Considering that this is your first post, I would guess you are long on the stock and are here to pump and dump.
    Really? Giving the quarterly losses, they will be out of cash in 9 years. You might want to check your model.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    07-10-13 05:41 PM
    NJ some people pay media to come out with articles of bad news. Just look at the short sell positions on bbry ... you honestly think large investors with millions on the table are not paying for bad news articles to be written? Your probably not an investor then, they try and scare the retail investors in selling to create pressure on the downside.
    What a bunch of tin foil hat conspiracy theorists. Investors, traders and everyone except the enthusiast community doesn't buy what Thor is shoveling. I am an investor. I have made a lot of money on BlackBerry. I think short selling is abhorent and have never engaged in it. I do know about investing. I also know about companies shoveling it.

Feel free to post on Seeking Alpha how great everything is.
    07-10-13 05:49 PM
    Investors are not buying the crap by the media. Traders are.
    In general, investors make deep assessments about securities and their long term valuations and make investments accordingly.

In general, traders make very short term trades on news and sentiments.

These are two different fundamental approaches. One needs to understand and accept this. One can't argue it any more than one can wish the green grass into red.

Once one makes peace with this one can have deeper understanding of the dynamics at hand and the asinine "tinfoil" hat conspiracies evaporate.

There is so much love for BBRY here that it frequently crosses the line into flat-out delusion and the "media is after BBRY" crowd is indicative of that. The media is after AN INTERESTING STORY and the RIM/BBRY fall from grace due in large part to corporate arrogance and mismanagement IS AN INTERESTING STORY. That story leads to sentiment and traders act upon it. Doesn't matter if there is movement up (traders can trade long) or down (traders can trade short), traders can make money as long as there is movement.

If BBRY didn't understand and want to be in the Darwinistic sandbox of free markets, it wouldn't willingly be there.

-CFOT
    07-11-13 07:21 AM
    Was the tax rebate a one off? This article asserts under Canadian law the tax rebate applies annually - as opposed to tax rebates under US tax law. Can anyone clarify this? Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY): Blackberry Annual Meeting: Time To Get Serious | iStockAnalyst.com
    I actually work in R&D and apply for the Tax credit annually (not for BB), the problem that BB will have is many of the layoffs have been in the R&D groups, every employee gone is a reduction in that Tax credit. Also the "big" R&D of developing a whole new OS is done. The tax credits are done by project, "technical uncertainty" "man hours" and a whole lot of justification of the project is done to get these credits. I suspect this credit will be significantly less next year.
    Acumenight likes this.
    07-11-13 08:47 AM
    Investors did not sell out after a bad quarter. Traders did.
    Investors did not make money. Traders did.
    Fixed it for you.
    well ... yet
    07-15-13 07:48 AM
    Because it is interesting watching people make stuff up in their efforts to get some of their hard earned money back...
    Same people who said "5 million units" and $20/$40/$100 / share price.
    Looks like you go easy with placing everybody in a single big bag ...
    07-15-13 07:49 AM
    I'm no fan of conspiracy.
    I believe bears/shorts are strengthening their positions using the short lever. Bad press is more likely the consequence of this, hunting for any piece of material that can backtrack the "situation". This material won't exist (I mean won't be visible) otherwise. Then, there's certainly some kind of "lobbying" but I can't tell this is especially focused on BBRY, just gets exaggerated echo.
    07-15-13 07:54 AM
46 12