Lets be honest, the last report on Friday June 28 2013 was abysmal. Look at some facts, they missed on shipments, missed on earnings, missed on subscribers. Is blackberry doomed to be a 6 dollar stock and maintain that price, not very likely. With the cash balance of 1.591 billion dollars and short term investments and account receivables at 3.769 billion the company is quite safe for the foreseeable future. With the Q10 and soon Q5 release, blackberry can once again be at book value which depending what assets and liabilities one includes or leaves out sits at 17.93 $ per share. I think a comeback with BBM channels is inevitable or at the very least a buy out - weather friendly or hostile. The current price per share just doesn't make any sense.
    07-02-13 03:32 PM
    Lets be honest, the last report on Friday June 28 2013 was abysmal. Look at some facts, they missed on shipments, missed on earnings, missed on subscribers. Is blackberry doomed to be a 6 dollar stock and maintain that price, not very likely. With the cash balance of 1.591 billion dollars and short term investments and account receivables at 3.769 billion the company is quite safe for the foreseeable future. With the Q10 and soon Q5 release, blackberry can once again be at book value which depending what assets and liabilities one includes or leaves out sits at 17.93 $ per share. I think a comeback with BBM channels is inevitable or at the very least a buy out - weather friendly or hostile. The current price per share just doesn't make any sense.
    What about the monthly cash burn rate? The cash won't be there forever if they can't increase revenue. And your $17.93 BV share price seems very high. You may want to check your model.

Considering that this is your first post, I would guess you are long on the stock and are here to pump and dump.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-02-13 03:37 PM
    Per share = total shareholder equity - preferred shares
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Total outstanding shares
    I am long on RIM , I don't expect this stock to be $17 in the next 3 months but I also don't see it being below 8 for long either. Yes there is cash burn but they are still selling phones which slows down the loss until they gain popularity.
    07-02-13 03:50 PM
    What about the monthly cash burn rate? The cash won't be there forever if they can't increase revenue. And your $17.93 BV share price seems very high. You may want to check your model.

Considering that this is your first post, I would guess you are long on the stock and are here to pump and dump.
    cash burn hasn''t happen ed in 5 quarters dispite analysts expectations of it happening, will they be able to keep this up i don't know but they are doign well to maintain their cash position and hopefully they continue to do so. it seems that they are to afraid to use that money to push to hard on the sales front so the cash may actually last a while. BBRY has been in a rebuilding stage for a while and they still will be for a while, they have been hit hard with the BlackBerry is goign to die front, so people feel "like why would i buy one when it may not be supported soon"

they finally have a competative product they just need to break this stigma to get the sales going, which they really havenb't done yet
    Bossberry222 likes this.
    07-02-13 04:41 PM
    Seriously consider hiring a professional add agency or just put a z10 or q 10 in Donald Drapers hands and you've sold 1 mil phones np.
    07-02-13 06:44 PM
    It really does not matter for Blackberry anymore.
    They failed with a bullet through it heart last Friday and it will now bleed until it is gone.

It is sad but time to move on as nothing will bring it back.
    07-03-13 12:53 PM
    It really does not matter for Blackberry anymore.
    They failed with a bullet through it heart last Friday and it will now bleed until it is gone.

It is sad but time to move on as nothing will bring it back.
    Yet it appears you just can't! Very telling.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:03 PM
    Because it is interesting watching people make stuff up in their efforts to get some of their hard earned money back...
    Same people who said "5 million units" and $20/$40/$100 / share price.
    eldricho and mikeo007 like this.
    07-03-13 01:16 PM
    You think the owner of fairfax financial that has a ten percent stake in the company wont get his money back? Lol be serious he will break even or make a profit nomattet what. Thats just another reason this stock price wont stay below 10 long

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:25 PM
    And you can guarantee that? He is also on the Board of Directors. Hopefully he is providing guidance and not sitting back,.

THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES WHEN INVESTING. Even if you are the Warren Buffett of Canada.
    Seriously.
    07-03-13 01:27 PM
    Yet it appears you just can't! Very telling.

Posted via CB10
    I have.

Just watching you drinking the very last of the koolaid!
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-03-13 01:46 PM
    I have.

Just watching you drinking the very last of the koolaid!
    Now that was funny!!
    07-03-13 03:14 PM
    Ofcourse no guarantees i just think ad an investor he wont take a 40 percent loss, even if he has to scrap the company for parts. He has a long term horizon view of blackberry and investing, unlike the investors that sold out after a bad quarter.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:59 PM
    Investors did not sell out after a bad quarter. Traders did.
    kfh227, dusdal and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-03-13 07:16 PM
    Investors did not make money. Traders did.
    Fixed it for you.
    07-03-13 07:23 PM
    Fixed it for you.
    Your fix made no sense. Shorts did sure. Actual investors are still waiting for the inevitable or for an actual change to occur that signals the end. People saying it's the end today are short sighted and acting in a knee jerk fashion.
    Kid Vibe, dusdal and cjcampbell like this.
    07-03-13 07:27 PM
    Your fix made no sense. Shorts did sure. Actual investors are still waiting for the inevitable or for an actual change to occur that signals the end. People saying it's the end today are short sighted and acting in a knee jerk fashion.
    That's your opinion, of course. And you are entitled to it.
    In a short session today, 22,000,000 shares were traded but not by investors.
    On Friday, the day the stock lost 25% (I am sure you noticed), over 135,000,000 shares were traded. But not by investors.
    Of course investors bailed out. They got tired of the BlackBerry BS.
    07-03-13 07:35 PM
    I think what alarmed analyst during the conference call was one-time tax rebates plugged the cash flow. Without the tax rebates, BlackBerry would have posted over $300 million cash burn during this past quarter. How big will the tax rebates be in the next quarter? How big will the cash burn rate be to launch Q10 and Q5 in over 50+ markets in this quarter? Blackberry will have to be more aggressive to market Q10 in the U.S. More cash burn, the stock market fears uncertainty. The crystal ball on BBRY is very murky right now. How much Z10 units sit in the sales channel unsold??

Both Q10 and Q5 have to sell like blockbusters over 10 million units for the remainder of their fiscal 2014. To date, BB10 units (Z10) have only shipped about 3.7 million in 6 months.
    Last edited by the_sleuth; 07-03-13 at 08:01 PM.
    07-03-13 07:48 PM
    I dont see this quarter being in the black but i think bbm channels is going to take off and bring others from androids and apple to bb.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 08:42 PM
    Heins already said it won't be in the black (assuming you take his word)

"Heins also said he expects BlackBerry will book an operating loss in its second-quarter results, due to heightened competition in the smartphone industry."
    07-03-13 08:49 PM
    Slueuth,

I think the tax break (for R&D) is an annual one.
    07-03-13 09:21 PM
    I guess you didn't hear about Mr. Chandler then?

Nobody is infallible!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:45 PM
    I've seen this so many times. Palm. Nortel. Dell. Nothing lasts forever in the tech industry. I don't understand why people keep trying to catch a falling knife by doubling down. Maybe it's because they get too emotionally attached to the stock/company.

There are better opportunities out there. Even if you sold out now, you can always get back in if BB ever gets their ish together. An example would be BB and Apple. Both stocks have been hit pretty hard. But compare the two. Apple's got a better pipeline of products coming that can act as a catalyst to boost the stock price (iphone 5S, ipad 5, ipad mini 2, Apple television set maybe, iwatch). Blackberry has the Q5, the A10, what else? If you were to step back and take a look at both companies, who do you think has the better catalyst for stock appreciation?
    the_sleuth likes this.
    07-04-13 07:38 AM
    If I told you that the "Widget" company sold 1 million widgets in the previous reporting quarter and it was only in the last 2 months of that quarter, and that they posted an increase in cash on hand. Since then the last reporting quarter we saw and increase in sales of that widget to 2.9 million over 4 quarters (almost 1mill per) and that cash on hand had yet again increased even though they lost 80 mill on operating expenses (10cents/share due to foreign problems).

Would you say "wow, they are failing. Sure to become dead as they are burning up cash, sales are dropping" OR
    say "wow, seems that they are making modest increases in sales and looks like they are increasing cash on hand.

NOW if I told you that the goal set by guessing, by other(not what the company has set) what the Widget company should have done was 3.6 million sales and even more cash in hand. Then would you say "Yes they fell short of the guesstamite but not to bad"
    Would you a) freak out and feel this company is doomed and sell all your shares ,b) stay cool and think that maybe they can do better next quarter.
    07-04-13 11:33 AM
    Apple had its run and now the innovation has come to a crawl, I think BB has more upside then apple in the long term but apple has more upside in the short term. I know there are other opportunities , I am just looking at this as a longer term investment because I believe they can and will make a comeback and the fact the balance sheet still looks strong is a big plus.
    07-04-13 11:33 AM
46 12