Hello, I've recently got interested on the Business world. I've done some research on
    E-Mini S&P 500 Futures and would like your guys opinion on it.
    You guys can ask question of your own to get more informative of your situation.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 02:27 AM
    I moved the thread to our investors sub forum.
    12-21-15 08:26 AM
    I wouldn't consider e-mini futures to be linked to 'the business world' in a direct way. If not used for actual hedging for legitimate business operations (e.g. An airline hedging fuel costs), futures are just forward speculation (i.e. gambling) on a given price outcome at a given time. They have the advantage of being traded 24 hours, but beginners shouldn't enter these markets without first understanding leverage, beta, time decay, etc. You can buy futures on the weather, which isn't a business the last I checked.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 09:53 AM
    Why the interest with e-mini S&P 500 futures?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 11:12 AM
    I wouldn't consider e-mini futures to be linked to 'the business world' in a direct way. If not used for actual hedging for legitimate business operations (e.g. An airline hedging fuel costs), futures are just forward speculation (i.e. gambling) on a given price outcome at a given time. They have the advantage of being traded 24 hours, but beginners shouldn't enter these markets without first understanding leverage, beta, time decay, etc. You can buy futures on the weather, which isn't a business the last I checked.

Posted via CB10
    Ohhh okay. Then where should I start? I heard if your planning on getting into stocks that you would require at least $25k (I think or more). I did research that E_minis where consider for the "poor people", that would only require you to have at least $5k.
    Since I'm new to this, what would you consider me starting with?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 06:26 PM
    Why the interest with e-mini S&P 500 futures?

Posted via CB10
    I've been interested in investing and I did research that e-mini. S&p 500 Futures were for the "poor man" that only have a few thousands. So I did research on it and it seems to be good. I know that it's a high risk because nobody knows how the market is really going to go. You can kinda predict it but would not be 100% accurate.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 07:23 PM
    I've been interested in investing and I did research that e-mini. S&p 500 Futures were for the "poor man" that only have a few thousands. So I did research on it and it seems to be good. I know that it's a high risk because nobody knows how the market is really going to go. You can kinda predict it but would not be 100% accurate.

Posted via CB10
    Can't you just open an account with an online broker and buy an S&P-linked exchange traded fund like SPY? You should be able to open an account with $1000 or less.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 12:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    As mentioned above, go with a large reputable online shop and buy large volume broad index based ETF like the SPY or similar.
    12-22-15 08:47 PM