I generally see people asking about whether or not BB is a good investment. Unfortunately, none of us have a crystal ball. If we knew the answer to this, we could quit our jobs, stop going to school, and book our reservations to a secluded beach in Thailand. When investing in a stock such as BB, please do your own research. Google has boatloads of information for new investors to read. Other good sources I find are Globe and Mail and Youtube. It also might be better to ask "Why do you invest in such a stock" rather than "should I invest in such a stock". Get different opinions, those for and those against, then articulate some educated conclusion. Once again, it's your money to invest. You are the only person who cares about your money, not members of these boards who could easily give you ill-advice.

Good Luck, and I am sure others will add their own insight about investing.
    Last edited by Kid Vibe; 02-17-13 at 11:50 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-17-13 01:01 AM
    I generally see people asking about whether or not BB is a good investment or not. Unfortunately, none of us have a crystal ball. If we knew the answer to this, we could quit our jobs, stop going to school, and book our reservations to a secluded beach in Thailand. When investing in a stock such as BB, please do your own research. Google has boatloads of information for new investors to read. Other good sources I find are Globe and Mail and Youtube. It also might be better to ask "Why do you invest in such a stock" rather than "should I invest in such a stock". Get different opinions, those for and those against, then articulate some educated conclusion. Once again, it's your money to invest. You are the only person who cares about your money, not members of these boards who could easily give you ill-advice.

Good Luck, and I am sure others will add their own insight about investing.
    Great comments my friend. I still need to research and learn the charts that morgam8 puts out. Something for this weekend I guess. Take care and have a fantastic day.
    02-17-13 09:57 AM
    My only advise to anyone who does decide to invest in BB is to not get taken out by stop losses. The MM's are diligent in shaking the tree and it sucks to get taken out only to see the SP go up. Do lots of research around the web. Keep in mind that the US is not the centre of the universe and remember that sales are being generated around the world. BB does not have to be number 1 or number 2 to make money and do well. We're currently in 3rd place and I really don't think MS has a chance - not now. If you are a day trader then all I can say is good luck because this is one volatile stock.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-17-13 09:14 PM
    02-17-13 09:47 PM
    Similar analys as Morgon.

BBRY options are currently trading at 90% volatility! That is beyond huge. This can easily be seen by the massive price swings this stock has been experiencing. Even with all of this volatility, the BBRY uptrend remains intact.

BBRY uptrend finds support. Volatility is high. Analysis Research in Motion Ltd. (Blackberry) - Top Tier Capital - Fee Based Investment Advisors
    02-18-13 12:55 AM
    BBRY has huge potential!

But it also has a huge risk associated with it. If BB10 catches on and becomes a solid #3 platform for BBRY then you could see the stock soar in a very short period of time.

BUT if there is very little adoption by existing Corporate customers and Gov of the BB10 Platform - remember their are cost associated with new equipment and people to manage the new BB10 BES as well as keeping the existing older BES up and running (unless you are changing out all your existing devices) and currently the only BB10 device available is a higher priced one... which is not in the price range that business and gov usually are looking at (cost - cost - cost). In addition for BBRY to be more than just a niche business device, they need consumers... will they like the new OS, will they like the ecosystem? Very important questions that need to be answered.

CrackBerry is a good place to learn about the devices and in a way the Company. But be careful not to be swayed about the emotions of a FAN site - most FANS are going to root for the home team no matter how badly they are doing.
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-18-13 03:54 PM
    Guys, if you ask this kind of question, the first answer will be another question : how much can you afford to lose?

Then, if you believe BlackBerry will succeed, divide this amount by 2, and buy some shares. Then, fix your objectives and stick to it, stay calm, learn and... voila.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 06:01 PM
    If you're thinking about buying some BBRY stock, NOW IS THE TIME. We're trading near the bottom of the uptrend channel. There's very little downside potential right now, but a LOT of upside.
    fedakd and Acumenight like this.
    02-18-13 06:35 PM
    If you're thinking about buying some BBRY stock, NOW IS THE TIME. We're trading near the bottom of the uptrend channel. There's very little downside potential right now, but a LOT of upside.
    this. I see no reason why the stock wont break $20 in the next few months, and push $40 by year-end if the device and OS can stand the test and BB10.1 is released to cover the launch-day bugs (camera, some minor crashes, etc). The OS is first-gen, and very strong. iphone is on its 5th (or much higher) revision, and android is its 4th major version. Despite entering the race in last, the OS is a great one and will easily outlive IOS in functionality and pose a threat to android.

Anyone confident should look into option trading as well. Its a bit riskier, but the rewards are much greater, especially if you truly believe in the new blackberry name
    fedakd likes this.
    02-18-13 07:23 PM
    I feel like if you're a fundamental investor and you haven't already bought in for a lot cheaper, you might as well wait for some sales numbers to start leaking...or at least rumors on which way they're heading to mitigate some risk.

That's what I would do anyway.
    02-18-13 10:21 PM
    my personal experience of the device is suficient for me to beleive it can regain the blackberry market share, especially if the OS receives frequent upgrades and new features.
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-19-13 12:44 AM
    Sure, all the time, both long and short. Why not?
    05-17-13 06:34 AM
    If you want good information, you read annual reports, ask questions and find answers. You don't go to globe and Mail, YouTube, etc.

For me, it started with a question. Why does Prem watsa own 10% of a dead company. Then the process began and a month later I saw how ignorant most journalists are and I bought in.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:22 AM
    I would not use prem Watsa as a reason to buy in.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-17-13 10:28 AM