View Poll Results: Are you a StockBerrian ?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! (I own 100 or less shares)

28 13.02%
  • Yes ! (I own 100-500 shares)

40 18.60%
  • Yes ! (I own 500-1000 shares)

16 7.44%
  • Yes ! (I own more than 1000 shares)

97 45.12%
  • Yes ! (I don't want to disclose my #shares)

34 15.81%
    JLagoon!

This chart is excellent, you outdid yourself, thanks. I was developing the channel to demonstrate how we are narrowing the rate of descent. But your chart really signifies a bullish breakout may occur on Friday. Very well done. (I thought this deserves more than just a "like", nice work!)
    Thank you, Morgan. I hope, bb.to will not go further down tomorrow, so it and bbry can get out of this wedge.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-03-13 10:44 PM
    first hint of going off topic, or first report we get of this thread it'll be shut down. I really do hate being the bad guy, but finding a work around for us closing a thread for a 3 days isn't really cool
    07-03-13 11:07 PM
    Hi I'm Dimi and I'm a stockberrian ;-)

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    07-03-13 11:11 PM
    I stepped away for a few hours as well. What happened to the i support thred?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:38 PM
    I think the undertone is 'use ignore, not report'

Or, head to the bbm group when a PODD swings by for a visit.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:50 PM
    Hi team,

Take a look here?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=825222

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    07-04-13 12:05 AM
    Hey, is the stock market only open 1/2 day today?
    07-04-13 12:14 AM
    Hey, is the stock market only open 1/2 day today?
    On July 4. The American exchanges are closed while the TSX is open for the entire day.
    dusdal likes this.
    07-04-13 12:49 AM
    As far as I know NASDAQ is closed all day.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:51 AM
    I'll save you a click

This graph is from an older Guardian article. It overlays the launches of all(?) the mobile OSs out for a number of quarters for the sake of comparison.

Note that the RIM shown is bbos from quarter ending November 2005.

I realize the shortcomings and differences in markets now versus when the other platforms launched, however, it is something quantifiable that shows the BB10 launch is difficult to paint as a failure when you have something quantifiable.

I guess the point is that no mobile OS has sold this many units in its first two quarters (full or not) of existence.

(imagine the 1 M and 2.7 M painted above these lines, then project out the 4 M + for Q2 )
    Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-screen_shot_2012-04-19_at_17.38.23.png

Article link is here if you have trouble viewing that graph here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...phone-adoption

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:26 AM
    I often miss Nice.

Where are you in France SupaFly?

Posted via CB10
    Just across the Seine River near Paris (where I born).
    CU later guys, meetings outside.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-04-13 02:13 AM
    BlackBerry Annual and Special Meeting Webcast on July 9, 2013

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - July 3, 2013) - BlackBerry(R) (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) will hold its Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders on Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 10:00am EDT in Waterloo, Ontario. The live webcast can be listened to on July 9 at Investor Events - Canada.

Investor Events - Canada
    07-04-13 06:29 AM
    (imagine the 1 M and 2.7 M painted above these lines, then project out the 4 M + for Q2 )
    I think the one thing we should probably do much less of is projecting anything out any amount of time. ;-)

By the way, is everyone here already aware of the BBM Group for those of us who can make it to the AGM and who want to meet up either before-hand (for coffee) or afterwards (for lunch) to chat? I can post the barcode again if not, or send me a PM with your BBID or PIN and I'll invite you.

(Do BBM groups not have their own PIN? I can see only the barcode image, but no place where a PIN is shown.)
    07-04-13 07:49 AM
    True enough. Forget the last number

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:18 AM
    Green on TSX
    07-04-13 08:37 AM
    Poorly constructed article for Wednesday:

Globe says RIM still looking for BlackBerry buzz

2013-07-03 08:04 ET - In the News

The Globe and Mail reports in its Wednesday edition right after Research in Motion released its latest financials, speculation resumed about whether the company should be split up or sold outright. The Globe's Sophie Cousineau writes of course, you could argue that it is too soon to write off the new BlackBerry 10 line of smart phones. Sales for the Q10 model, which boasts BlackBerry's keyboard, have just started in the United States and were not reflected in the first quarter results. Still, there is a lack of any buzz or wow factor for the BB-10 phones, despite positive reviews in the tech press. That silence could well spell the eventual end of RIM as a handset maker. Even if RIM invested heavily in its own marketing, many carriers in the United States are still not promoting the phones with any zeal. Consumer response is also lukewarm, although in this chicken-and-egg debate, it is difficult to ascertain which came first. Clearly, in the most crucial telecom market in the world, BB-10 phones are not off to a resounding start. What is even more disconcerting is RIM's decision to no longer disclose the number of its subscribers. Its subscriber base shrank by another four million users to 72 million in Q1.
    07-04-13 08:43 AM
    Lesson to those who want to launch a product again, " sales had better beat all expectations or else"

Globe says analysts lose patience with RIM turnaround

2013-07-03 08:32 ET - In the News

The Globe and Mail reports in its Wednesday edition a fresh wave of analyst downgrades dragged Research in Motion shares lower Tuesday. In a Globe special, Brenda Bouw writes at least a dozen analysts have cut their price targets and downgraded the stock since Friday's first quarter financials, signalling a loss of confidence in RIM's ability to recover. Only five of the 43 analysts following the stock now have a "buy" recommendation. Twenty-five label it a "sell" and 13 call it a "hold." RIM's shares have lost more than a third of their value in recent days and fell 86 cents Tuesday to close at $10.22. That follows a stunning 28-per-cent drop Friday, the same day RIM reported a quarterly loss and said shipments of its new BlackBerry 10 devices fell short of market expectations. "The company is likely not sustainable for long at this pace without additional significant rightsizing," National Bank analyst Kris Thompson wrote in a report. National Bank cut its target price for RIM to $8 (U.S.) per share, down from $10, and said it expects BlackBerry's market share to fall to 2.5 per cent in 2015, down from previous forecasts of 3.6 per cent. Analysts are showing little patience with the slow-motion turnaround.
    07-04-13 08:45 AM
    first hint of going off topic, or first report we get of this thread it'll be shut down. I really do hate being the bad guy, but finding a work around for us closing a thread for a 3 days isn't really cool
    Guys, listen to Kris, please.
    Don't hassle the report button (prefer ignore, more efficient actually).
    Leave the mods quiet and give them time to cleanup the 30K+ posts
    07-04-13 08:55 AM
    Lesson to those who want to launch a product again, " sales had better beat all expectations or else"

Globe says analysts lose patience with RIM turnaround

2013-07-03 08:32 ET - In the News

The Globe and Mail reports in its Wednesday edition a fresh wave of analyst downgrades dragged Research in Motion shares lower Tuesday. In a Globe special, Brenda Bouw writes at least a dozen analysts have cut their price targets and downgraded the stock since Friday's first quarter financials, signalling a loss of confidence in RIM's ability to recover. Only five of the 43 analysts following the stock now have a "buy" recommendation. Twenty-five label it a "sell" and 13 call it a "hold." RIM's shares have lost more than a third of their value in recent days and fell 86 cents Tuesday to close at $10.22. That follows a stunning 28-per-cent drop Friday, the same day RIM reported a quarterly loss and said shipments of its new BlackBerry 10 devices fell short of market expectations. "The company is likely not sustainable for long at this pace without additional significant rightsizing," National Bank analyst Kris Thompson wrote in a report. National Bank cut its target price for RIM to $8 (U.S.) per share, down from $10, and said it expects BlackBerry's market share to fall to 2.5 per cent in 2015, down from previous forecasts of 3.6 per cent. Analysts are showing little patience with the slow-motion turnaround.
    Lol...
    Of course, that's because the world revolves around the opinions of the analysts.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:55 AM
    Good to be back with the boys, wasn't sure what I was going to do for 3 days. TSX *green*
    07-04-13 08:56 AM
    Anecdotal but I'm on a flight to Vancouver and the lady beside me (young, business attire and super attractive) pulls out the new Z as soon as we touched down. I asked if she liked it and her words were "Love it...so glad they finally made a modern device...our company tested Apple and some Android thing, finally decided to stay with BlackBerry, and I'm sure glad they did".

Never asked size of company but hey...it's a positive.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:58 AM
    Anecdotal but I'm on a flight to Vancouver and the lady beside me (young, business attire and super attractive) pulls out the new Z as soon as we touched down. I asked if she liked it and her words were "Love it...so glad they finally made a modern device...our company tested Apple and some Android thing, finally decided to stay with BlackBerry, and I'm sure glad they did".

Never asked size of company but hey...it's a positive.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Did you get a picture of her to post to the board? I mean, just to verify the story of course. (Young, attractive, BlackBerry, that works better than BB's ads so far!)
    07-04-13 09:02 AM
    Interesting article/question by Chris Umi

http://chrisumiastowski.com/is-the-a...oo-complicated
    07-04-13 09:02 AM
    Did you get a picture of her to post to the board? I mean, just to verify the story of course. (Young, attractive, BlackBerry, that works better than BB's ads so far!)
    Lol...sorry no.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    07-04-13 09:04 AM
    I would say no that Android is not to too complicated based on my observations regarding the number of people around me using Droids.
    07-04-13 09:07 AM
535 ... 678910 ...