View Poll Results: Are you a StockBerrian ?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! (I own 100 or less shares)

28 13.02%
  • Yes ! (I own 100-500 shares)

40 18.60%
  • Yes ! (I own 500-1000 shares)

16 7.44%
  • Yes ! (I own more than 1000 shares)

97 45.12%
  • Yes ! (I don't want to disclose my #shares)

34 15.81%
    lcjr sends his hello's to all. He's been really busy hence not posting.
    09-23-13 07:10 PM
    lcjr sends his hello's to all. He's been really busy hence not posting.
    We miss you dude!

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-23-13 08:19 PM
    All this is gonna wreck my retirement plans. *Sigh *. When this is all over I hope you guys will help me recover with some subtle hints.

09-23-13 08:23 PM
    All this is gonna wreck my retirement plans. *Sigh *. When this is all over I hope you guys will help me recover with some subtle hints.

LOL, As for me, I double down my my kid's educational savings on BBRY, shes only 15 months, part of the reason why i'm #LONG
    09-23-13 08:33 PM

My sentiments exactly. Ditto!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:35 PM
    I'd love to host a site if necessary but I don't have the time in the day to be webmaster, nor would I be able to during work hours. I probably couldn't handle the personality conflicts either.

09-23-13 08:49 PM
    We really don't have a place where we are meeting at this point. We were glad to see our CB thread open again but this thread is where a few members have come to. When the official location is setup, we'll be sure to tell everyone. We want something much like the CB thread only we also want to be able to moderate it ourselves and talk about different investments too. It will take time to develop a site that can match this one and so we are here. We have taken names and are talking to CB and several others but nothing is set yet.
    Morgan,

May I be invited to the VIP room when you set it up? Thanks in advance.
    morganplus8 and abouthsu like this.
    09-23-13 08:51 PM
    Hey everyone! Sorry I wasn't around during all the excitement but I'm in the process of relocating and looking for something permanent at the same time. House hunting sucks. Well, here we are..... Lol
    09-23-13 09:39 PM
    Hey everyone! Sorry I wasn't around during all the excitement but I'm in the process of relocating and looking for something permanent at the same time. House hunting sucks. Well, here we are..... Lol
    Prem says hi. lmao.
    09-23-13 09:40 PM
    I'm not sure who's taking requests, but if you guys would allow me to hang out with you all a bit more on the future Site I would be honored. I really hope everyone is doing okay right now.
    09-23-13 09:46 PM
    Hi Lcjr!

Hope the house hunting starts going better for you! Things are decent here...although after today I am not so sure that's the right word.

A quick summary:

1. We do not hear from BlackBerry for the entire quarter
    2. Half hour before close on Friday a dismal ER is announced, and trading resumes. BBRY gaps down.
    3. BBM X Platform launch goes sideways on the weekend and is stopped. Who knows when we'll see it now.
    4. The following business day, a go-private bid is announced by Prem for BlackBerry. Pretty much a "takeunder"

Really not impressed here.

I'm not sure who's taking requests, but if you guys would allow me to hang out with you all a bit more on the future Site I would be honored. I really hope everyone is doing okay right now.
    09-23-13 09:58 PM
    What is surprising is that the words "take under" and "bbry" showed up in forums before Monday morning. This show how much information was being leaked from bbry and why the stock price didn't drop like a stone this morning. The institutional shorts knew that a take under was imminent.

I too am not impressed.
    fedakd, danprown and bungaboy like this.
    09-23-13 09:59 PM
    Just finished watching the eleven o'clock local news. I live about an hour and a half away from Waterloo. They interviewed the local university business analyst who said he believes that $9 is too low and at that price others will line up to bid higher due to the value of patents alone.
    Let's hope he is right on this.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:08 PM
    Just finished watching the eleven o'clock local news. I live about an hour and a half away from Waterloo. They interviewed the local university business analyst who said he believes that $9 is too low and at that price others will line up to bid higher due to the value of patents alone.
    Let's hope he is right on this.

Posted via CB10
    Meeee too!

After June the management was a disaster....
    09-23-13 10:09 PM
    Same story in Alberta...price too low, I wonder if that's what Premier meant in his statement concerning enhancing shareholders positions? Hope so.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-23-13 10:23 PM
    Same story in Alberta...price too low, I wonder if that's what Premier meant in his statement concerning enhancing shareholders positions? Hope so.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, well, I'm no accountant but when you think of the price, Fairfax is pretty much paying 2 billion since BB has 2.6 Billion in cash...
    lcjr and Bugmapper like this.
    09-23-13 10:24 PM
    Yea, well, I'm no accountant but when you think of the price, Fairfax is pretty much paying 2 billion since BB has 2.6 Billion in cash...
    Well nine is much better than the 2.50 to 5.00 those casual posters were throwing around all weekend...Now it's a huge game of chicken for all the patents and enterprise buisness lol...hope someone with deep pockets blinks.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:31 PM
    If I hit both, I'm gonna buy the hardware division as some suggested it worth nothing.
    Attached Thumbnails Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-uploadfromtaptalk1379993231916.jpg  
    09-23-13 10:34 PM
    Well nine is much better than the 2.50 to 5.00 those casual posters were throwing around all weekend...Now it's a huge game of chicken for all the patents and enterprise buisness lol...hope someone with deep pockets blinks.

Posted via CB10
    Another note... Many are claiming that Fairfax doesn't have the capital to purchase BB at that price and needs backing...
    09-23-13 10:37 PM
    Another note... Many are claiming that Fairfax doesn't have the capital to purchase BB at that price and needs backing...
    It's not Fairfax alone. It's a consortium but the others haven't been identified yet. Give it till tomorrow morning when it will be leaked. lol
    09-23-13 10:42 PM
    Lc good to see you back. hope your relocation goes smoothly
    lcjr likes this.
    09-23-13 10:51 PM
    LJ,

Good to hear from ya. Relocating is stressful but finding the one can be rewarding. GL, and will try to hold the fort on #AMD until your return. :thumbup:
    Last edited by abouthsu; 09-23-13 at 11:13 PM.
    fedakd, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    09-23-13 10:56 PM
    Well, we moved almost all our furniture up to Colorado and kept enough to stay in a small apartment here in Texas while we're house hunting and job hunting. I was laughing when CJ text me Friday telling me not to look at my portfolio and I'm driving a huge moving truck with no place to pull over and see what's going on. By the time I could pull over and get a connection it was way to late to do anything. Lol
    abouthsu, take99, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    09-23-13 11:01 PM
    LJ,

Good to hear from ya. Relocating is stressful but finding the one can be rewarding. GL, and will try to hold to fort on #AMD until your return. :thumbup:
    Thanks buddy, I'm back home now just moving last minute things after work each day this week. Glad to see you guys on the forum. Man, you don't realize how addicting this forum is until you're gone a few days. Lol
    abouthsu and bungaboy like this.
    09-23-13 11:05 PM
    Well, we moved almost all our furniture up to Colorado and kept enough to stay in a small apartment here in Texas while we're house hunting and job hunting. I was laughing when CJ text me Friday telling me not to look at my portfolio and I'm driving a huge moving truck with no place to pull over and see what's going on. By the time I could pull over and get a connection it was way to late to do anything. Lol
    Hahaha, so much for the plan on 25th huh. I even noted on my calendar to make a decision around the same time and man oh man, Friday was a hurricane took a lot of people by surprise.
    09-23-13 11:16 PM
535 ... 19202122