View Poll Results: Are you a StockBerrian ?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! (I own 100 or less shares)

28 13.02%
  • Yes ! (I own 100-500 shares)

40 18.60%
  • Yes ! (I own 500-1000 shares)

16 7.44%
  • Yes ! (I own more than 1000 shares)

97 45.12%
  • Yes ! (I don't want to disclose my #shares)

34 15.81%
    Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-2hbecv4.png

You can take it as negative or positive however you would like. but someone other than retail investors bought a lot of shares in the last 15 minutes. Is that not a positive?

PS, screenshot to show just one of the few, you can clicks through the rest on Nasdaq!
    cjcampbell and Randeman like this.
    09-20-13 04:56 PM
    plasmid_boy, based on your edit.

From all appearances of the market, Android and Apple have things locked up tight. In February I was excited for BBOS10. Now, I realize that I let myself believe in RIMM/BBRY again. Unfortunately this time I did worse than buying their product. I bought the stock. Cost me in the neighborhood of $5K. Not the end of the world, but I wish I had bought a Z10 outright. That would have only cost me $600.
    As many have said, you win some you lose some. But it does sting every time - sorry to hear that.
    Samsung had spent a lot of money trying to find alternatives to Android, nothing had succeeded yet. Partnership with BB for BB10 is their easiest and cheapest way to achieve that. I am just pulling this from thin air though.
    morganplus8 and Randeman like this.
    09-20-13 04:58 PM
    as far as the stocks and the money we are losing that is our own fault for making the silly mistake of getting excited over a product and believing in the company due to that.

Having said that i never had any belief that this guy sitting on the CEO position would have made it. ( yet like an ***** i invested in the stock in the 6 digits ) The guy wont be able to sell water in the desert...This is why i consider him an Epic Fail and i cant wait to see him going home. if he had some dignity he would have handed out his resignation by now.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    09-20-13 04:58 PM
    Other than opinion, is there any evidence that OS10 is the "best"? Certainly not based on sales.
    Mostly just my opinion, but there some specifics:
    1. The acoustic processing engine in BlackBerry is better than anything out there. (look up QNX acoustic processing modules).
    2. BB10 is a true multi-tasking OS.
    3. BB10 doesn't crash when an App does.
    4. BB10 could access your computer's harddrive, no other phone could do that.
    5. You can plug a USB drive into a BB10 phone and use it as extra harddrive, no other phone could do that.
    6. The Hub is much better than any mail client.
    7. Toast email can be replied from any app without exiting.
    8. BB10 is more secured than any other phone.
    9. Encryption on BB10 is better than other OS.
    10. The calendar on BB10 has multi-layer functionality such as viewing details of people that you're going meet.

There are many more, but you get the point. But still just my opinion that matters to me.
    m1a1mg, Randeman, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    09-20-13 05:05 PM
    As many have said, you win some you lose some. But it does sting every time - sorry to hear that.
    Samsung had spent a lot of money trying to find alternatives to Android, nothing had succeeded yet. Partnership with BB for BB10 is their easiest and cheapest way to achieve that. I am just pulling this from thin air though.
    I could agree, if BBRY had sold. Since it didn't, I can't imagine Samsung throwing money at it as well.
    09-20-13 05:09 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2hbEcV4.png 
Views:	510 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	203909

You can take it as negative or positive however you would like. but someone other than retail investors bought a lot of shares in the last 15 minutes. Is that not a positive?

PS, screenshot to show just one of the few, you can clicks through the rest on Nasdaq!
    We call it re-balancing, it's to adjust trade.... sorry but have nothing to do with REAL volume.

With the same argument you will say that Watsa or Morgan the Guru was Smart to bought over $14....& hold the bag.

As of Now BBRY is in free Fall @ $8.41

If you like the present result just add more... if you don't sell before Monday.

Being Stubborn does not change anything to the price.
    09-20-13 05:12 PM
    Didn't know I'd need JD so early in the evening.
    Just for the record, I haven't sold.

As someone mentioned earlier, a lot of this was probably already factored into the SP, thanks to the leaks.
    The management certainly needs someone who can market the news right. I think they could have done a better job of it.
    I knew the targeting of the niche market was coming. I had assumed that they would make some very specific hardware, for specific purposes in the long run, and not for the instagram crowd. I think this has been discussed before, and if I remember correctly, I had mentioned it then too.
    Ideally, I don't see why they can't get Samsung to make the phones with this awesome BB10.
    I don't think it was the right time to sell today, even in you wanted to sell.
    A good example is DND. Crashed more than 30% yesterday, and up 15 today.

Personally, for me, this is still a long term investment, although I do trade when I can and bring my average down, and I still think the company is worth investing in.

It's good to see that there still are many who see the logic, and the reasons, and are are still here for the long haul. With the steel balls and the saggy boob charts.

Let's not bother with the trolls, and let's spend the weekend spreading the word about BBM.
    09-20-13 05:12 PM
    ****. Can't catch a break over here either. ******* trolls!
    09-20-13 05:14 PM
    maybe the news isn't as bad as it looks at first blush, but the delivery was horrible timing for me. I was planning on selling 2/3 before earnings but after what I figured would be a pop on the BBMx delivery. Then they give the small guy the stick upside the head on a Friday freakin afternoon!

I can't for the life of me figure out this company's timing and PR moves from a public perspective, but I would guess there is a corporate purpose here that will come out in the next few weeks, it does look like cleaning house for a buyer to me now.
    09-20-13 05:14 PM
    like I said before, they can be right and we can be wrong but they are CLASSLESS!

****. Can't catch a break over here either. ******* trolls!
    09-20-13 05:17 PM
    Man those guests of mine cost me 18,000. That was an expensive lunch! At least my Facebook rose over 3000 today to dampen the effect.
    Still long and getting longer by the minute.
    Sorry ladies, I'm referring to the stock.
    May be buying next week. Shhhhh. Don't tell the wife that last part.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 05:21 PM
    Stories starting to pop up that Lazaridis is trying to get together a private equity bid?

Former BlackBerry Ltd.BB.T -16.08% co-Chief Executive Officer Mike Lazaridis has been talking with private-equity firms about possibly mounting a joint bid for the struggling smartphone maker, whose troubles came into even sharper relief Friday, according to people familiar with the matter.

Firms Mr. Lazaridis reached out to include Blackstone Group LPBX -1.02% and Carlyle Group LPCG -2.33%, some of the people said.
    http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/...le-bid-for-co/
    09-20-13 05:22 PM
    09-20-13 05:29 PM
    On a brighter note, thanks to whoever pointed out that Maxim channel. Didn't really like the Maxim app, but the channel rocks!
    Can't afford the time to look back thru 20 pages of thread since this afternoon to find out who to thank properly.
    cjcampbell and dusdal like this.
    09-20-13 05:38 PM
    Setup for a take under... bahhh

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-20-13 05:41 PM
    Setup for a take under... bahhh

Hope not...
    Bugmapper likes this.
    09-20-13 05:53 PM
    Hope not...
    Me too

09-20-13 05:57 PM
    We call it re-balancing, it's to adjust trade.... sorry but have nothing to do with REAL volume.

With the same argument you will say that Watsa or Morgan the Guru was Smart to bought over $14....& hold the bag.

If you like the present result just add more... if you don't sell before Monday.

Being Stubborn does not change anything to the price.
    Enough time spend on troll as it is.. Have a good weekend folks, can't wait for the private forum. Already a tough day for all and last I need is to for them to repeat crap that I can search on google myself!! GL

Thanks for repeating. I wasn't implying or trying to tell people to buy or sell, instead for you implying i'm stubborn makes the message a bit more hypocrite. Thanks for coming and welcome to my list.
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and Randeman like this.
    09-20-13 06:28 PM
    Sorry I didn't read all, context is not favorable.
    I'm sick for a single reason: people.
    First the guys at BlackBerry
    But also many guys here, consumers.

On a pure business side, they rationalize their businesses where profit is still an option. Any asset with major actor (MS, IBM,Cisco, ...) will take them back on rails.
    I do not worry that much about it.

But it's hard to raise my black flag, it's been such a long battle already...
    Hey, I don't read me wrong : I don't give up. Just need to find my breathe. A weekend and some gallons of Chinon should be enough.

White clown tonight.
    Still with my flag, need some wind to make it fly.
    Working on it

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-20-13 06:33 PM
    Sorry I didn't read all, context is not favorable.
    I'm sick for a single reason: people.
    First the guys at BlackBerry
    But also many guys here, consumers.

On a pure business side, they rationalize their businesses where profit is still an option. Any asset with major actor (MS, IBM,Cisco, ...) will take them back on rails.
    I do not worry that much about it.

But it's hard to raise my black flag, it's been such a long battle already...
    Hey, I don't read me wrong : I don't give up. Just need to find my 2nd breathe. A weekend and some gallons of Chinon should be enough.

White clown tonight.
    Still with my flag, need some wind to make it fly.
    Working at it

Datz From my Z10 amigo.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-20-13 06:35 PM
    Stories starting to pop up that Lazaridis is trying to get together a private equity bid?]
    Genius move. Just the thought makes shareholders freak out and run for the hills, lowering the stock price, and makes it easier to buy.
    09-20-13 06:43 PM
    Hi Morgan,

I bet today's news has discouraged many developers.

Do you believe they will they license out BB10 for the consumer market / that there's ANY interest given this strange timing?

I understand that they want to keep producing smartphones for the enterprise & government given the security issues, but without the consumer market developer support will become an issue again.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes, if you don't produce apps for Enterprise it will be a difficult sell here. Developers will show up if it is easy enough to port over to BB 10.2, outside of that, Jelly Bean 4.2.2 is the only way to play the game. What we have here is the right sizing of supply and demand, BlackBerry carried too much inventory versus sales, the phones that sold are what developers look at, not inventory. So it isn't quite as bad as one would think. We thought 5.9 million handsets would be sold, that produced XXXX apps at that level, they are still there and now with a new and interesting phone in the Z30. Then you have to look at BBM-X and Channels, there are other reasons to think that apps are needed and profitable to make for BlackBerry. Still, this media ignorance is killing the brand. They had one of the analysts on TV tonight talking about this news, he hates BlackBerry often stating they are bankrupt even though you can still call their office and get a human on the line. He bashed the crap out of them and then said they could be very profitable now. What? If you produced apps, who would you listen too? We need to hear from the company now.
    bungaboy, _dimi_, Randeman and 2 others like this.
    09-20-13 06:47 PM
    Something for the old-timers:

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-svengali1.jpg
    09-20-13 06:51 PM
    Not happy. A lot of people are going to be hurt by this.

Looking for positives.

Can still re enter consumer market 2 years from now once enterprise market back to normal.

Should be profitable in 1 or 2 quarters.

Still 2.6 billion in cash.

Excellent os and 4 devices on market.

My company hasn't been busted up and sold off for scrap.

09-20-13 06:53 PM
    Hi Morgan:

Based on your experience, what is the reasoning behind releasing the pre-er on a Friday with 25 minutes left for trading? Is it really to disclose info, so big boys can buy the shares? Are they even going to buy and hold, instead of driving it down further?

How do you think this pre-er move aligns with BBMx release this weekend, Prem Watsa, private equities, etc. (basically the overall corporate development)? Is this considered a progress to hear corp dev result even sooner?

Thank you
    morganplus8, fedakd and abouthsu like this.
    09-20-13 07:00 PM
535 ... 1415161718 ...