View Poll Results: Are you a StockBerrian ?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! (I own 100 or less shares)

28 13.02%
  • Yes ! (I own 100-500 shares)

40 18.60%
  • Yes ! (I own 500-1000 shares)

16 7.44%
  • Yes ! (I own more than 1000 shares)

97 45.12%
  • Yes ! (I don't want to disclose my #shares)

34 15.81%
    Came across this, " $BBRY $BB.CA announcement was made to get the SP to the level so that it works for buyer(s).Full disclousure to buyers have already occurred"

I see some logic in that but what do you guys think?
    09-20-13 04:08 PM
    I hope some of the other "good fellahs" make it over here.
    09-20-13 04:09 PM
    Came across this, " $BBRY $BB.CA announcement was made to get the SP to the level so that it works for buyer(s).Full disclousure to buyers have already occurred"

I see some logic in that but what do you guys think?
    Fix the foundation . . . . the building stands. Back to basics. Clear the decks, decide who you will bring to the bomb shelter then commence the rebuild.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    09-20-13 04:11 PM
    I was trying to post this but when I hit submit, the thread was locked so I'll paste it here...lol

The difference is, is that we usually hear the shipped numbers as once they are shipped, they are paid for by the carrier or distributor. It seems this has changed as they stated that the actual number of phones sold into customers hands this quarter was approx. 5.9 million. Now that's overflow from the shipped number we heard from the last ER. Next ER, December, will be a different situation as they will be realizing the revenues from he devices shipped this past quarter so even if it was the exact same in hand sold numbers, we'd be seeing revenues on 5.9 million... I hope this makes sense.
    yes, was just going to post that in the closed thread. end users bought 5.9 million phones and the 3.7 million is kind of confusing and irrelevant except for accounting purposes.
    09-20-13 04:13 PM
    Guys, can't read but got the essential.
    I read refocus on pro market.
    I'm shocked by layoffs magnitude, feel sorry for the team.
    We're not out yet.
    I won't sell even if I lose 100% and while rage driven, I feel back in Feb 2011.
    Don't mimmick if you're engaged more than me or cannot handle a massive loss.
    Be careful, take care.
    SF

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-20-13 04:13 PM
    The press release stated that BlackBerry would go refocus on enterprise and prosumer markets, but would include hardware/handsets. Is BlackBerry saying they will continue to produce handsets themselves, or could they still sell off the hardware division? I was really hoping they would sell the handset division to Lenovo or Samsung, and leverage those companies' economies of scale.
    09-20-13 04:17 PM
    Hi Morgan; how has the SP move today affected the Abigail Dolittle's BBRY chart?
    09-20-13 04:21 PM
    Guys, can't read but got the essential.
    I read refocus on pro market.
    I'm shocked by layoffs magnitude, feel sorry for the team.
    We're not out yet.
    I won't sell even if I lose 100% and while rage driven, I feel back in Feb 2011.
    Don't mimmick if you're engaged more than me or cannot handle a massive loss.
    Be careful, take care.
    SF

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    After taking sometime to digest (while taking a walk outside), I am going to hold for a number of obvious reasons (not because I don't want to realize the lose). I like the fact that they are going to focus on pro-sumers and enterprise. Give us the best productivity features and I am willing to buy a new phone every few months. Focus on useful Apps and just forget about Candy crush, netflix (with I do use on my TV), instagram, and all that, I want Apps that help to get my work done. OK...when is the Z30 going to be available?
    09-20-13 04:22 PM
    yes, was just going to post that in the closed thread. end users bought 5.9 million phones and the 3.7 million is kind of confusing and irrelevant except for accounting purposes.
    Very interesting numbers, I had them at 3.7 BB 10's in the pipeline to carriers and 5.9 million total and I would like to know what portion of those 5.9 million handsets are BB 10's? If you back out the one time charge, Heins got it right, they moved 5.9 million handsets and just barely lost money this quarter. And so once again, the stock plunges on no news. Now, what does lower costs do to the bottom line? If they are profitable going into the next quarter, this might look very good. Couple this with BBM-X and positive cash flow and you have a winner. It has to continue and it has to end now, no more cuts. Make enough phones to meet demand, how hard is that? I have stated that Enterprise could crank out $ 1.50 - $ 2.00 a share on its own, this brings us much closer to that day. Cash on hand will go down to $ 2.2 billion and they should be profitable going forward, I can deal with that. GL
    09-20-13 04:25 PM
    Hi Morgan; how has the SP move today affected the Abigail Dolittle's BBRY chart?
    Out of respect for Berger, I won't post a chart here, he will see us talking and warn us as it is so we'll just say that her support line is at $ 7.65/shr and we didn't get there. I think we need to look at these numbers closely to see if they balanced the ship to return to profitability. I think they did.
    09-20-13 04:28 PM
    Very interesting numbers, I had them at 3.7 BB 10's in the pipeline to carriers and 5.9 million total and I would like to know what portion of those 5.9 million handsets are BB 10's? If you back out the one time charge, Heins got it right, they moved 5.9 million handsets and just barely lost money this quarter. And so once again, the stock plunges on no news. Now, what does lower costs do to the bottom line? If they are profitable going into the next quarter, this might look very good. Couple this with BBM-X and positive cash flow and you have a winner. It has to continue and it has to end now, no more cuts. Make enough phones to meet demand, how hard is that? I have stated that Enterprise could crank out $ 1.50 - $ 2.00 a share on its own, this brings us much closer to that day. Cash on hand will go down to $ 2.2 billion and they should be profitable going forward, I can deal with that. GL
    I think I stated before, December is a must for profitability IMO. This was my time-frame and I am giving it to them. See you guys in 3 months
    09-20-13 04:28 PM
    Thanks, everyone. Any clues as to whether BlackBerry is more likely to:

a. Go it alone after this refocusing
    b. Find a partner for hardware
    c. Be taken completely private

With the share price in the 8's, I'm hoping it's not "go private"... the premium couldn't be that good, could it?
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    09-20-13 04:32 PM

With the share price in the 8's, I'm hoping it's not "go private"... the premium couldn't be that good, could it?
    I am hoping that they are going it alone for prosumers and enterprise (they don't need help for this). AND license BB10 to Samsung for mass consumers.
    09-20-13 04:39 PM
    No. Some guy on CNBC was talking about a take-under. With this horrible news, it becomes a possibility. Beware of listening to the pied pipers, unless you like giving money away.
    09-20-13 04:41 PM
    I am hoping that they are going it alone for prosumers and enterprise (they don't need help for this). AND license BB10 to Samsung for mass consumers.
    Why would Samsung try to sell something that already tanked?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-20-13 04:42 PM
    It's EZ at least for me:

The peoples that bring the company here are the same that run the company now.

Soi t's EZ you know the result, if you like it, buy BBRY Shares if you don't trust them or don't like where they are just Sell it !!!

Same Peoples with same methods will deliver the same kind of results next time... ;-)
    09-20-13 04:43 PM
    Why would Samsung try to sell something that already tanked?
    Same reason why they are loading BBM onto their phones.

Edit: what do you think would happen if there are ads everywhere advertising 'the new Samsung Galaxy B10, the newest and best Samsung phone to date.' Don't you think that they would sell a few?
    09-20-13 04:43 PM
    even my email got in on the rubbing it in

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-capture.jpg
    09-20-13 04:45 PM
    Same reason why they are loading BBM onto their phones.
    As far as any of us can tell, there is no cost to Samsung for this. It makes sense for them. They get something that is very popular in Africa for nothing. It also stops people from buying BBRY. How is that a win or anyway linked to Samsung licensing BBOS10?
    09-20-13 04:47 PM
    Good insight... a refocus does not mean an abandonment of consumer devices entirely. It's been maddening to see how positively people react to my Z10, and realize that no marketing had reached them before I showed it to them. If it was a poor product, I would have sold my shares a while ago.

One other point: if I were BlackBerry, I would do *everything* I could to lock down U.S. Government contracts. A while back I talked to some Federal employees who need secure phones, and they had heard that their agency would be getting Droids. Time to get serious about owning the space.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    09-20-13 04:48 PM

You are cooking on all three items; they did one thing today, they admitted that the retail market isn't their area of expertise. They (hopefully) understand what BES10.1 can bring to them for hardware and matched demand with supply. Nothing else happened and I do think they are looking at all possible outcomes still. If you were IBM, you would have made the calculation for them, i.e., 5.9 million handsets times $ 450 plus other business revenues. Using 5 million units x $ 450 x 4 quarters ..... now you have the right value for the handset business. It is a $ 9 billion dollar business with great margins and worth a lot of money. I used 4 million handsets per quarter for my numbers so this is a surprise.

I still maintain that hardware is worth at least $ 2.5 billion bucks and we haven't seen anything negative at all today, just the way they delivered the message, that's wrong. They want to get this done ASAP but we are already into Q3 so I would expect they show a small profit for Q3 and a much better balance sheet in Q4. Can someone tell me what is different than before 2:00 PM today? They could have continued to make payroll, move inventory over time and stated they sold to carriers, 5.9 billion handsets, and they have offers to buy them, and you would be so happy. They did this to right size the business and make it practical to sell or grow from here. Help me understand what's so wrong about cleaning house?
    09-20-13 04:50 PM
    How is that a win or anyway linked to Samsung licensing BBOS10?
    They could finally succeed at getting away from Google and have the best OS on their phones.
    09-20-13 04:50 PM
    plasmid_boy, based on your edit.

From all appearances of the market, Android and Apple have things locked up tight. In February I was excited for BBOS10. Now, I realize that I let myself believe in RIMM/BBRY again. Unfortunately this time I did worse than buying their product. I bought the stock. Cost me in the neighborhood of $5K. Not the end of the world, but I wish I had bought a Z10 outright. That would have only cost me $600.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    09-20-13 04:52 PM
    They could finally succeed at getting away from Google and have the best OS on their phones.
    Other than opinion, is there any evidence that OS10 is the "best"? Certainly not based on sales.
    09-20-13 04:53 PM
    Hi Morgan,

I bet today's news has discouraged many developers.

Do you believe they will they license out BB10 for the consumer market / that there's ANY interest given this strange timing?

I understand that they want to keep producing smartphones for the enterprise & government given the security issues, but without the consumer market developer support will become an issue again.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 04:55 PM
535 ... 1314151617 ...