View Poll Results: Are you a StockBerrian ?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! (I own 100 or less shares)

28 13.02%
  • Yes ! (I own 100-500 shares)

40 18.60%
  • Yes ! (I own 500-1000 shares)

16 7.44%
  • Yes ! (I own more than 1000 shares)

97 45.12%
  • Yes ! (I don't want to disclose my #shares)

34 15.81%
    The cowbell man seems to be doing his job well!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-31-13 01:33 PM
    HAHA.... watch for a move... it either pushes through or bounces back down. Running for the second test of the day now.
    07-31-13 01:35 PM
    Push through is my guess.

And hey! Didn't the TA say so??????
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-31-13 01:37 PM
    OK guys, time for a break. I'm not sure what's the future now.
    I feel the pain of mods, I'm pissed with childish overreacting ...

In the meantime...
    Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-img_00000591.png

Keep cool.
    Peace,
    SF

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    07-31-13 01:44 PM
    This is fun to watch. With enough volume, it could work out. Need the buyers though.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    07-31-13 02:00 PM
    A possible ascending triangle to confirm a trend reversal. So far today, we have a bullish engulfing candle to confirm the inverted hammer from yesterday. If the SP stay strong, then on the daily chart, it reflects what I mentioned on 7/29: "There is also an unlikely chance for the MACD to continue going up, and stoch. RSI stop in middle, and curve upward. For this to happen, a major rally needs to happen." There is not a major rally today, and volume is still low, but everything needs to start somewhere for something else to happen.

30 minute:
    Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-screen-shot-2013-07-31-2.56.23-pm.jpg

Daily:
    Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-screen-shot-2013-07-31-2.59.42-pm.jpg
    07-31-13 02:01 PM
    JLagoon, doesn't a bullish engulfing candle have to have the body fully engulf both the high and low of the previous day? At the moment, both the high and the low of today are slightly off from yesterday's. Maybe I'm being nitpicky but just going off of what I've read.
    07-31-13 02:16 PM
    JLagoon, doesn't a bullish engulfing candle have to have the body fully engulf both the high and low of the previous day? At the moment, both the high and the low of today are slightly off from yesterday's. Maybe I'm being nitpicky but just going off of what I've read.
    I think, it needs to engulf the range of the body, instead of the high and low range. I could be inaccurate in calling the right name though, but at least, it's good that the inverted hammer is confirmed with the action today, so far (knock on wood). We are not out of the downtrend yet nevertheless. This pattern is still early. A drop to $8.70 is still possible as support in this ascending triangle pattern.
    rarsen, bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    07-31-13 02:28 PM

Keep cool.
    Peace,
    SF

Posted via CB10
    Can we get a graph for our misbehavior?
    bungaboy and bondary like this.
    07-31-13 02:34 PM
    Apparently you guys make more dough and have more friends than I do.....sob sob...

iPhone owners are vain, BlackBerry users earn more and Android users drink the most | Mail Online
    cjcampbell, W Hoa and bungaboy like this.
    07-31-13 02:38 PM
    Apparently you guys make more dough and have more friends than I do.....sob sob...

iPhone owners are vain, BlackBerry users earn more and Android users drink the most | Mail Online
    But you do drink so there's something. lol
    07-31-13 02:41 PM
    Not true. I cook better than ANY android user! No if and or buts about that one hahahaha!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-31-13 03:09 PM
    Solid day for BB. Green the whole day, and two runs to get above resistance and out of the channel we're stuck in. This is the closest to the top of the channel that it's closed at so there's a decent chance that it will be able to push out of it tomorrow and climb back to recovery. As of open tomorrow, the top of the channel, also the 7-ema, is within 3 cents of today's close (assuming my math is correct). The opposite could happen as well and it could cycle back down to the low side which means a few more days in here. My guess for the low would be about 8.60 or so. Of course it could go lower, but it's staying within a pretty tight range.

As per usual, I know nothing blah blah blah.....
    take99, rarsen, dusdal and 5 others like this.
    07-31-13 03:21 PM
    Today is the twenty third day of downtrend. Still low volume, closed at $8.84. The candle today is a pretty convincing confirmation for the yesterday inverted hammer candle, but with low volume, it not quite ideal.

Bullish interpretation:
    The stock made a higher low, and shows a modest strength, after the attempt to break $8.90. Based on 7/29 - 7/31, we may have an ascending triangle in progress (gray and red lines on the 30 minute chart). This is, usually, a reversal pattern. The top line of $8.90 needs to be broken as a sign of bullish continuation. How much are we going to go up, if this continues? No one knows; for all I care, market movers should do a lump sum big buy to trigger the short stop loss, and let this go up as fast as it went down. We have 160 million shorted shares to go.

(Black circles on the daily chart) the orange line of DMI dipped indicating that selling pressure has lowered, and the blue line (buying pressure) is flat--an improvement. It looks like Stoch. RSI is stopped in the middle and starts to curve upward. MACD stays up. The move today caused the RSI to curve upward just slightly. I mentioned that this an unlikely chance on 7/29, and the chance for this to happen appears to increase with the action today. We are not out of the woods yet; $8.70 max drop is still possible. If ascending triangle pattern holds, then it should bounce from there, and break $8.90 soon.

Bearish interpretation:
    Not a convincing attempt to move out of the downtrend with low volume. Just waiting to break $8.70, and it will be back into the parallel downtrend channel. The rest is still the same: "We are in a clear parallel downtrend channel, and have had 2 main cycles. Each cycle lasted about 5 days, and each cycle dropped by $0.30. Next drop would be $8.30 on end of day August 2 (Friday) or the first trading hour on August 5 (monday). See the 30 minute chart. Will this pattern repeat? No one knows."

Wildcard:
    - Fairfax ER August 1, Thursday, at 8:30 EDT.
    - Wash sale theory.

30 minute:
    Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-screen-shot-2013-07-31-4.06.22-pm.jpg

Daily:
    Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-screen-shot-2013-07-31-4.15.03-pm.jpg
    07-31-13 03:27 PM

It seems like alot of companies are in the same position. installing a MDM management system and rolling out new phones is an expensive proposition and bringing the Q5 to North American enterprise might just be the edge BBRY can use to start their slow climb back to relevance in the bad new USA.
    I was talking to someone today about various things like MDM and the like, with volume sales they are getting the Nokia 520 for about �70 per unit! No margin for Nokia but great for MS.
    Last edited by cgk; 07-31-13 at 03:49 PM.
    07-31-13 03:29 PM

In the meantime...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000591.png 
Views:	918 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	187840

Keep cool.
    Peace,
    SF

Posted via CB10
    I feel the pain of the regulars who have been subject to this abuse.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-31-13 04:01 PM
    Yabut . . . . . I ride nekid. LoL
    Me too, but my wife thinks it might embarrass the neighbors. Oh... you were talking about the phone...never mind.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 04:05 PM
    Wow, Ninetendo only sold 160k Wii U units in Q2... now that's a flop and a half!!!
    07-31-13 04:19 PM
    Wow, Ninetendo only sold 160k Wii U units in Q2... now that's a flop and a half!!!
    Yeah the numbers are dreadful - that system is DOA.
    07-31-13 04:50 PM
    And that little Nintendo went wii wii wii . . . . . all the way home.
    07-31-13 05:22 PM
    And that little Nintendo went wii wii wii . . . . . all the way home.
    LOL.. well done.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-31-13 05:25 PM
    Either very astute management or lucky timing. Curious to see how this plays out.
    Or both. As they say, "luck favours the prepared." I'm not sure they had originally planned to launch the Q5 in Canada quite so soon, but the unexpected change in the landscape with our previous three-year contracts vanishing means it makes sense to launch it now.
    07-31-13 06:46 PM
    Dont know if you guys saw this already, dont know why they dont do a press release this company has 57000 employees, not sure how many get phones but it seems like a major win.

.@ADP is deploying #BlackBerry10 to keep employees moving & #BES10 for secure, industry-leading #EMM. Welcome to #TeamBlackBerry!
    @BlackBerry4Biz 5 weeks ago 7 retweets
    07-31-13 08:26 PM
    Deja vu? And here we are again. Other thread shut down by troll overload. WTF

One step at a time, gals 'n guys. They rebuild the Company one step at a time. In little steps.

So, who really has balls of steel? LoL
    09-20-13 04:00 PM
    I was trying to post this but when I hit submit, the thread was locked so I'll paste it here...lol

That makes sense but the no BB7/10 breakdown really scares me. could they really have sold less than 1.5M BB10's?
    The difference is, is that we usually hear the shipped numbers as once they are shipped, they are paid for by the carrier or distributor. It seems this has changed as they stated that the actual number of phones sold into customers hands this quarter was approx. 5.9 million. Now that's overflow from the shipped number we heard from the last ER. Next ER, December, will be a different situation as they will be realizing the revenues from he devices shipped this past quarter so even if it was the exact same in hand sold numbers, we'd be seeing revenues on 5.9 million... I hope this makes sense.
    09-20-13 04:05 PM
535 ... 1213141516 ...