View Poll Results: Are you a StockBerrian ?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! (I own 100 or less shares)

28 13.02%
  • Yes ! (I own 100-500 shares)

40 18.60%
  • Yes ! (I own 500-1000 shares)

16 7.44%
  • Yes ! (I own more than 1000 shares)

97 45.12%
  • Yes ! (I don't want to disclose my #shares)

34 15.81%
    Good point! Yey, this must be the bottom!!!
    Easiest way to is to look at the "I support BBRY thread" the last week or so. Can't get more pessimistic than that lol.
    07-05-13 08:36 AM
    The only hope I have for this stock is the potential revenue from securing other devices. On the product sales side, it looks kinda dim to me.
    But where do you turn to get the best qwerty board phone in the world?

BlackBerry has an ace in this respect. They need to push this big time along with security for all. Remember, they need next to no business to have a great quarter. Looking at Samsung and the money they spent on S4, BBRY is looking a whole lot better today.

We need to stay positive today, and challenge that $ 10.00 mark as it is also the 3-EMA breakout point.

Let's stay positive today!
    07-05-13 08:44 AM
    Good point! Yey, this must be the bottom!!!
    Well we're back inside the BB's after a steady and controlled decline. Looks like we might be able to get back to some regular trading patterns again.
    07-05-13 08:44 AM
    Also, why is it considered a "special" shareholders meeting this year?
    Because they'll announce they ditch Android in favor of Tizen ?
    07-05-13 08:48 AM
    Slow down babe, you're still hurt. Do not speed this up. Get back gently in the saddle
    Attached Thumbnails Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-capture.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-13 08:52 AM
    Update - the original support thread has been unlocked, and functional again.
    07-05-13 08:53 AM
    BlackBerry: 'Mobile entertainment is important to us'

Teams with Sony Pictures for mobile TV push.

It is no secret that BlackBerry started its journey as a suit and tie OEM, used by the businessmen and women of the world.

So the introduction of Sony Pictures Television's video entertainment network, Crackle, could prove to be an invaluable addition to attract a more commercial crowd and secure its teen audience.

BlackBerry World - previously BlackBerry App World - is the main entertainment service on BlackBerry devices, but it has previously received negative feedback from users with complaints about its content, usability and bugs. So hopefully Crackle will be a good boost, causing it to become better competition for its rivals.

Crackle offers a range of movies, TV shows series and originals all for free. The entertainment service is available in 22 countries including the US, Canada, UK, Australia, Brazil plus other countries in Latin America - and with BlackBerry being a popular device in these areas the partnership could prove to be crack-a-lackin for both parties.

The new addition intends to allow BlackBerry 10 owners to browse and view content with ease, and with the larger library hopefully attract a few new faces away form the entertainment driven platforms such as Google's Android and Apple's iOS.

Martyn Mallick, VP of global alliances and business development for BlackBerry, said: "Mobile entertainment is a very important part of the BlackBerry 10 experience.

"The Crackle application is a great complement to the robust catalogue of television shows and movies on BlackBerry World."

BlackBerry: 'Mobile entertainment is important to us' | Mobile content industry news | Mobile Entertainment
    07-05-13 08:53 AM
    What is more likely? That BB refused to work with Netflix because of their nascent relationship with Sony. Or BB had to settle for Crackle as a consolation prize?

Now look at BB from the perspective of Netflix. Declining subscription base, no commitment to the tablet market, and almost irrelevant marketshare wise in the US.

Which of the two arguments makes more sense now?

I wonder if there's more to the Netlix refusing to come on BB10 story. With Crackle being a native app and owned by Sony, maybe BBRY doesn't even want Netflix on their devices. Something seems to be going on behind the scenes with Sony. Especially with their former CEO on BBRY's board and the decision for BBRY to stay out of the Japanese market.

Just thinking out loud here, but there seems to be way too many coincidences.
    07-05-13 08:54 AM
    The thing about 'other devices' is that I was surprised to see that the MDM market is only worth $500 million globally - so even if RIM captured 100% (impossible) it is not worthy as much as I though.
    07-05-13 08:55 AM
    And our other thread is open.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-05-13 08:56 AM
    Here is this morning chart updated to show that we tested the downtrend line and bounced off it and we are heading higher:

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-rim-july-5a-2013-chart.jpg

As you can see, we are finally trying to turn this trade around and now have to scale that 3-EMA this morning in order to start a major rally here.

Now for the Bollinger Bands:

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-rim-july-5b-2013-chart.jpg

It's simple, as CJ pointed out, we entered the BB's outer boundaries this morning which was bound to happen. The target is the centerline just below $ 13.00/shr and that's why I have been talking about a rally to $ 12.50/shr.. This is a lot to ask but if Heins doesn't bomb the AGM on Tuesday, we could get there quickly. A grossly oversold stock indeed.
    07-05-13 08:57 AM
    Morgan I'm just waiting to hear on the news that a large number of fortune 500 companies have had their trade secrets stolen via hacks on Android and iOS deployments. That's the way they will learn. The losses to businesses are huge in that respect.

Someone needs to get a proof of concept hack out to the public that gets all the IT guys clenching their a**holes

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    07-05-13 08:59 AM
    The thing about 'other devices' is that I was surprised to see that the MDM market is only worth $500 million globally - so even if RIM captured 100% (impossible) it is not worthy as much as I though.
    That number never made sense to me...at current per year fee of even 50 bucks that suggests only 10 million devices are managed. I would suggest maybe 10 million in a smaller country but certainly not in the entire market.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-05-13 09:00 AM
    That number never made sense to me...at current per year fee of even 50 bucks that suggests only 10 million devices are managed. I would suggest maybe 10 million in a smaller country but certainly not in the entire market.
    I'd guess that, currently, most mobile devices are simply NOT managed. That $500M may be correct, but only with that status quo. BES10 can change that. And only BB has their own network... lets see what they can do with Secure Work Space to expand that $500M a little and create a new market.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    07-05-13 12:44 PM
    I'd guess that, currently, most mobile devices are simply NOT managed. That $500M may be correct, but only with that status quo. BES10 can change that. And only BB has their own network... lets see what they can do with Secure Work Space to expand that $500M a little and create a new market.
    Maybe I'm looking at this in a different direction. One of the key factor for my investment in BlackBerry is beyond their abilities to deliver the best possible smartphones. I see them competing beyond the typical markets/business models where the OS would enable BBRY to do business in Healthcare, Vechicles, MDM and smartphones. The platform itself if I'm getting this correctly, is capable for them to reach beyond the typical business models. There isn't too many players out there other than MSFT can comp[ete BBRY to be able to tap into other areas. Imagine the potential of adoptions rate if car manufactures are to come on board, let alone reform in healthcare not just US but in Canda and around the world.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-05-13 01:42 PM
    Unfortunately the drive-bys got our main thread closed.
    07-10-13 02:06 PM
    Before this one does, I don't get it. It wasn't out of hand, we publicly stated we chose to ignore, and the "locals" were completely compliant with the rules and in check.
    plasmid_boy, abouthsu and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-13 02:12 PM
    Unfortunately the drive-bys got our main thread closed.
    Time out or permanently?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 02:12 PM
    I thought my rebuttal and use of ignore were clear and civil. Sorry if I had any part in this. It was not my intent.
    07-10-13 02:16 PM
    Time out or permanently?
    I'm not sure this time.
    07-10-13 02:16 PM
    I thought my rebuttal and use of ignore were clear and civil. Sorry if I had any part in this. It was not my intent.
    I thought it was. I couldn't see anything in your post that could be construed as anything but civil.
    07-10-13 02:22 PM
    I will take the wrap. Sorry. I reported instead of ignore. Calling someone a liar was too much for me, amongst others.

I will refrain from discussion. The bullies won IMO.

Sorry.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-10-13 02:32 PM
    I will take the wrap. Sorry. I reported instead of ignore. Calling someone a liar was too much for me, amongst others.

I will refrain from discussion. The bullies won IMO.

Sorry.
    Nah, your reporting was the right thing to do in that situation.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    07-10-13 02:38 PM
    Nah, your reporting was the right thing to do in that situation.

Posted via CB10
    And.... we don't want you to refrain from the conversation.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-13 02:43 PM
    Are we locked out of the other thread?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:10 PM
535 ... 1011121314 ...