View Poll Results: Are you a StockBerrian ?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! (I own 100 or less shares)

28 13.02%
  • Yes ! (I own 100-500 shares)

40 18.60%
  • Yes ! (I own 500-1000 shares)

16 7.44%
  • Yes ! (I own more than 1000 shares)

97 45.12%
  • Yes ! (I don't want to disclose my #shares)

34 15.81%
    Only if you translate "security" by "privacy". Sounds a *little* trendy these days. All users are now discovering that their governments are illegally listening/reading their private conversations and by the extent, others could. In N.A there does not seem to have a lot of regulations regarding this, and even if there was, the patriot act could overtake them.
    In Europe in general, France in particular, there's a very important set of laws and rules that are set to protect individuals.

P.S: I for one am considering to start an enterprise to offer BES based services for SOHO (target1 : lawyers) and individuals ... but I need a lot of $$ to start this. And time ...

I have no problem fronting you the money ................................ but .................................................. . I'm a BlackBerry shareholder. (Help!)

Security is a real issue, it would be difficult to see DoD allow any Androids on the system unless they were limited to the flash light app and maybe the fart app. If you are out there in the line of duty and playing that fart app all night, I don't think the enemy is going to come near you, so Android and Apple have that going for them.

Stock up in Canada!!! Cool!
    07-04-13 12:18 PM
    This needs to be noticed by developers. They need to see this as a great opportunity while it is still relatively easy to get noticed in the BB appstore. BlackBerry should pump more of these stories out.
    07-04-13 12:23 PM
    I have no problem fronting you the money ................................ but .................................................. . I'm a BlackBerry shareholder. (Help!)

Security is a real issue, it would be difficult to see DoD allow any Androids on the system unless they were limited to the flash light app and maybe the fart app. If you are out there in the line of duty and playing that fart app all night, I don't think the enemy is going to come near you, so Android and Apple have that going for them.

I note that, "................................." included

But today's news is ... Our thread is diving, we used to be the #1 by far and now look at the poor performance; DPA (Daily Post Add) reduced to mysery, PC (Page Count) stagged ... hopefully the NOI (Number Of Impressions) is still growing ... a little and we've just marketed our "StockBerrians" thread and BBM channels and groups !
    Sounds familiar ?
    Can we make a come-back ?
    Are we too late ?
    #Mouhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !
    We're so ... StockBerrians, we can wait !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-capture.jpg  
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    07-04-13 12:38 PM

even flash light apps have permissions issues, Scary! I have a rooted android phone where i discovered the flash light app I installed require permissions to my SMS logs, Call Logs and Phone ID and also abilities to monitor calls/volume et such.! To make matter more interest, lookup Droidsheep, the app provide user the ability to arp spoof anything that isn't https allowing hijacker to piggy back off an established session ID.

if only DoD would follow our thread.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    07-04-13 12:46 PM
    What was the reason given by FGL requiring your company to adopt BlackBerry? I assume it was a generic statement.
    There was no "reason" given.
    It's a mandate set by Canadian Tire (Which owns FGL). I can only assume that it is for security / IP reasons. We recieve pretty confidential emails and drawings from FGL months to years in advance, one could assume it's to lessen liabilty?
    Last edited by AngryEdmontonian; 07-04-13 at 01:34 PM. Reason: incase you haven't noticed, I miss a lot of "n's", I eat at my desk
    07-04-13 12:49 PM
    I note that, "................................." included

But today's news is ... Our thread is diving, we used to be the #1 by far and now look at the poor performance; DPA (Daily Post Add) reduced to mysery, PC (Page Count) stagged ... hopefully the NOI (Number Of Impressions) is still growing ... a little and we've just marketed our "StockBerrians" thread and BBM channels and groups !
    Sounds familiar ?
    Can we make a come-back ?
    Are we too late ?
    #Mouhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !
    We're so ... StockBerrians, we can wait !!!!
    I think there are a number of factors at play, none of us want the mods to close our lines of communication and we respect that. Many were hurt badly on Friday and feel betrayed by the company and the market in general, and, our first love thread is sitting idle right now and that's where we belong today, at the original thread. Finally, the stock is boring without the Americans trading beside us, the stock is up and if you multiply the volume times 10, you get a decent low volume day on the US market. I like that we are up all day and I also like JLagoon's chart from yesterday and hope that the markets firm a bit tomorrow and we break to the upside for a 15% - 20% run from here..
    07-04-13 12:49 PM
    think the possible Indonesian sanction may do something to SP tmr?
    07-04-13 01:10 PM
    In case of future communication 'problems'.

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-img_00000740.jpg
    07-04-13 01:10 PM
    think the possible Indonesian sanction may do something to SP tmr?
    FML.
    07-04-13 01:14 PM
    Supplementary mobile browser tracking site is continuing to show a favorable trend from March through the end of June.

http://www.netmarketshare.com/report...stomb=1&qpct=4

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-netmarketshare-page-001.jpg

Keeping in mind that this surely lacks precision, it shows a nice 0.62% global uptick from May to June and a convincing upwards trendline over a long sample period.
    Last edited by dusdal; 07-04-13 at 04:11 PM.
    07-04-13 01:17 PM
    yay! so glad this topic is still open haha
    dusdal, bungaboy, psy fi and 1 others like this.
    07-04-13 01:43 PM
    I felt so strange logging on to the other one today and having it temporarily closed... had not idea what to do with myself
    07-04-13 01:48 PM
    I dont know if any of yall have noticed this but inventory levels on BB10 phones on Amazon are dropping... pretty good actually.
    07-04-13 02:45 PM
    Only if you translate "security" by "privacy". Sounds a *little* trendy these days. All users are now discovering that their governments are illegally listening/reading their private conversations and by the extent, others could. In N.A there does not seem to have a lot of regulations regarding this, and even if there was, the patriot act could overtake them.
    In Europe in general, France in particular, there's a very important set of laws and rules that are set to protect individuals.

P.S: I for one am considering to start an enterprise to offer BES based services for SOHO (target1 : lawyers) and individuals ... but I need a lot of $$ to start this. And time ...
    Seems you would do very well. LoL

Report: France operates PRISM-like spy network

Associated Press

July-04-13 4:46 PM GMT

PARIS (AP) � A leading French newspaper says France's intelligence services have put in place a giant electronic surveillance gathering network.

Citing no sources, the Le Monde daily says France's Direction Generale de la Securite Exterieure, the country's foreign intelligence agency, systematically collects information about all electronic data sent by computers and telephones in France, as well as communications between France and abroad.

According to Le Monde, data on "all emails, SMSs, telephone calls, Facebook and Twitter posts" are collected and stored in a massive three-floor underground bunker at the DGSE's headquarters in Paris. The paper specified that it is the communications' metadata � such as when was call was made and where an author was when she sent an email � that is being archived, not their content.

Officials at the DGSE did not answer phone calls or emails seeking comment Thursday.

The vast archive, which Le Monde says amounts to tens of millions of gigabytes, is accessible to France's other spy agencies, including military intelligence, domestic intelligence, Paris police and a special financial crimes task force.

Le Monde compared the French digital dragnet to PRISM, the U.S. National Security Agency program which has most caught the imagination of Internet users. But PRISM appears aimed at allowing U.S. spies to peel data off the servers of Silicon Valley firms � whereas the program described in Le Monde appears to be fed through the mass interception of electronic data bouncing across the world.

Also, PRISM can apparently be used to collect content, not just metadata.

Le Monde said the French surveillance program relies on spy satellites, listening stations in French overseas territories or former colonies such as Mayotte or Djibouti, and information harvested from undersea cables � all three of which are methods long familiar to the NSA.

A French lawmaker played down the report, saying France's surveillance gathering system is not comparable with the NSA's.

Patricia Adam, a lawmaker who until last year headed parliament's intelligence committee, said French spies "are line fishing, not trawling" the vast oceans of data thrown up by mobile phones, emails and Internet communication.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-04-13 03:23 PM
    FML.
    FMG for us old farts.
    07-04-13 03:25 PM
    Bb.to $10.15, down $0.02 CAD from previous close, 1/4th of the yesterday volume.

It is strange, how it dips a lot at 3 p.m. after being up throughout the day though. What do you think, Morgan?

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-screen-shot-2013-07-04-4.29.54-pm.png

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-screen-shot-2013-07-04-4.28.48-pm.png

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-screen-shot-2013-07-04-4.24.12-pm.jpg

Close up:

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-screen-shot-2013-07-04-4.35.37-pm.png
    Attached Thumbnails Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-screen-shot-2013-07-04-4.34.14-pm.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-04-13 03:31 PM
    I dont know if any of yall have noticed this but inventory levels on BB10 phones on Amazon are dropping... pretty good actually.
    Is there actually a way to check this?
    07-04-13 03:40 PM
    Bb.to $10.15, down $0.02 CAD from previous close, 1/4th of the yesterday volume.

It is strange, how it dips a lot at 3 p.m. after being up throughout the day though. What do you think, Morgan?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 4.35.37 PM.png 
Views:	511 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	178981
    I don't think it means anything at all without news, we get our direction from the US stock price so I expected it to finished up unchanged plus or minus the move in the dollar today. Tomorrow we get both markets open but many are taking tomorrow off so I don't expect too much action. It would be nice to hear something positive come out just to get this stock rallying again and put behind us the nonsense of the past few days.
    bungaboy and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    07-04-13 03:42 PM

What? Nobody told me M+8 was legally blind! Could you zoom in a little closer?

Sorry, end of the day. getting a bit silly. No offense intended.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-04-13 03:52 PM
    How do you find out this info?

Would be an interesting metric to monitor.
    07-04-13 03:56 PM
    Is there actually a way to check this?
    You can watch the levels at certain stores as they count down how many they have left. most stores are almost out of z10 and q 10 (at least stores that are competitively priced). No its not scientific, But i watch several of the vendors and they have dropped over the last 3 days by about 100 units collectively from the ones Ive watched. Not a huge move but good sign all the same
    07-04-13 04:16 PM
    Ouch!

U.K. checkout worker touches nerve with mobile phone rebellion
    MAX DE HALDEVANG
    LONDON — Reuters
    Published Thursday, Jul. 04 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
    Last updated Thursday, Jul. 04 2013, 3:16 PM EDT

A British supermarket checkout worker’s refusal to serve a customer who was talking on her mobile phone has prompted a lively debate about modern etiquette that reached the highest level of the British government on Thursday.

The customer complained to Sainsbury’s supermarket, which apologized. But the checkout worker has enjoyed an outpouring of support on social media, in the press, and from Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg who declared a “sneaking sympathy” for her.

“I have sat in innumerable meetings where people don’t look each other in the eye, they don’t appear to be paying attention … they spend their whole time with their nose glued to their hand-held appliance,” Mr. Clegg told London radio LBC.

“It drives me round the bend,” he said.

Mr. Clegg’s comments appeared to reflect the public mood, with an online poll by the Daily Mail newspaper finding that 84 per cent of respondents believed the employee was right not to serve the customer, Jo Clarke, until she hung up.

“I don’t know what she was playing at,” Ms. Clarke told the Daily Mail. “When did she have the right to give me a lecture on checkout etiquette?”

But a torrent of tweets sided with the unnamed checkout worker. “I’m definitely with the checkout woman on this one … Don’t treat humans as if they’re robots,” said one Twitter user who gave his name as Tom Sutcliffe.

Another, Amber-Rose Thomas, said of the customer: “She deserves a fish-slap.”

In a statement, Sainsbury’s said: “It’s clear that this story has touched a nerve as the weight of discussion and comment indicates. Ms. Clarke was unhappy with our service, so we felt it was appropriate to apologize to her.”

There was no word on whether the checkout worker at the Sainsbury’s branch in southeast London was disciplined by the company over the affair.
    07-04-13 04:19 PM
    Since I checked when i first posted another 10-20 units sold from the stores I watch
    07-04-13 04:19 PM
    Please don't read too much into this, but June averaged 2.26% and appears to be trending in the right direction. The last time BlackBerry tracked via the netmarketshare.com method at close to this level was an average of 2.32% for the quarter ending March 29, 2012 (Q42012). That report had 11.1 million units shipped.

Four obvious points:
    • We know they were stuffing channels at that point in time
    • The market was different at that time in a multitude of ways
    • This marketshare method is at best a means of tracking trends
    • This is only the first month of the quarter and the trend could easily reverse on us

Last quarter we averaged 1.53% and shipped 6.8 million.

Introducing ... the StockBerrians !-netmarketshare-page-001.jpg
    07-04-13 04:37 PM
    Since I checked when i first posted another 10-20 units sold from the stores I watch
    I think people are buying them to take back to that other store where Faucette saw a >100% return rate.
    07-04-13 04:37 PM
535 ... 89101112 ...