View Poll Results: Are you a StockBerrian ?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! (I own 100 or less shares)

28 13.02%
  • Yes ! (I own 100-500 shares)

40 18.60%
  • Yes ! (I own 500-1000 shares)

16 7.44%
  • Yes ! (I own more than 1000 shares)

97 45.12%
  • Yes ! (I don't want to disclose my #shares)

34 15.81%
    I would say no that Android is not to too complicated based on my observations regarding the number of people around me using Droids.
    Takes some getting used to for sure...BB10 is much cleaner imo, that is why I don't buy the "too complicated" argument concerning BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-04-13 09:12 AM
    Takes some getting used to for sure...BB10 is much cleaner imo, that is why I don't buy the "too complicated" argument concerning BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    It took me longer to figure out the track pad on my new laptop than it did to figure out how to navigate the phone.
    07-04-13 09:17 AM
    Well hello can I be a stockberrian as well? I do own some shares / facepalm /
    07-04-13 09:40 AM
    I would say no that Android is not to too complicated based on my observations regarding the number of people around me using Droids.
    I guess you should have been with me at the Optometrist on Tuesday. The lady I was dealing with was t-eed off with the effort to learn how to use her SG3.

She sure like the HUB and peek of my Z10.
    07-04-13 09:40 AM
    It took me longer to figure out the track pad on my new laptop than it did to figure out how to navigate the phone.
    Our real estate agent switched from a Storm to some Android two days before closing on our home last year. She had been helping us out for a few years before (relocation, rentals, etc) and I was always amazed at how responsive she was with emails. When she switched I honestly thought she had gone on vacation or gotten in an accident two days before our closing!

Finally on closing day we met to do a walk through and she mentioned how flustered she was with this new android... and how awkwardly big it was. She spotted something that needed to be addressed by the sellers and tried to take a pic and email it to the selling agent. Took me almost 10 minutes to figure it out for her.

People used to complain about the granular control of BBOS with the menu button, but man... Android is just all over the place.

Needless to say, she switched to an iPhone soon thereafter.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-04-13 09:41 AM
    Hey Guys,
    I posted this on the StockBerrians BBM Channel, but for those that don't have it or don't subscribe.

We (My Employer) recieved a mandate from FGL regarding Candian Tire and BlackBerry. Specifically, all suppliers* of Canadian Tire and its subsidiaries, are to use BlackBerry devices supported by BES/BES10.

It turns out that Canadian Tire is "forcing" its suppliers* to use BlackBerry devices, to the point that future contracts may not be renewed if they fail to comply. One of our suppliers recently switched to Samsung devices and have been requested to return all devices and replace them with BlackBerry.

*Suppliers: We are in the construction industry and supply FGL owned stores with components and fixtures. I'm not certain that Can Tire would be enforcing this on their merchandise suppliers(ie Coleman, Nike etc) as those are some pretty big corporations, but the implications is huge.
    Last edited by AngryEdmontonian; 07-04-13 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Spelling...
    07-04-13 09:42 AM
    Hey Guys,
    I posted this on the StockBerrians BBM Channel, but for those that don't have it or don't subscribe.

We (My Employer) recieved a mandate from FGL regarding Candian Tire and BlackBerry. Specifically, all suppliers* of Canadian Tire and its subsidiaries, are to use BlackBerry devices supported by BES/BES10.

It turns out that Canadian Tire is "forcing" its suppliers* to use BlackBerry devices, to the point that future contracts may not be renewed if they fail to comply. One of our suppliers recently switched to Samsung devices and have been requested to return all devices and replace them with BlackBerry.

*Suppliers: We are in the construction industry and supply FGL owned stores with components and fixtures. I'm not certain that Can Tire would be enforcing this on their merchandise suppliers(ie Coleman, Nike etc) as those are some pretty big corporations, but they implications is huge.
    Sounds like they may be looking to implement BB10/QNX for inventory control and other in house/in store communications ie: Stepping towards the Internet of Things. It's the only thing I can think of for this kind of request for compliance.
    07-04-13 10:05 AM
    Hey Guys,

*Suppliers: We are in the construction industry and supply FGL owned stores with components and fixtures. I'm not certain that Can Tire would be enforcing this on their merchandise suppliers(ie Coleman, Nike etc) as those are some pretty big corporations, but the implications is huge.
    Nike likely wouldn't be the supplier. A third party would usually buy in bulk and distribute it to retailers.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 10:24 AM
    Well, although we're only green by a few cents, and volume is just a tad on the light side, aaaannnddd.... there's lots of day left, it's refreshing to see green for more than a fleeting moment.
    07-04-13 10:53 AM
    Does anyone understand why BlackBerry could not get payments from Venezuela? So BlackBerry provided a service yet unable to receive payments? Has any other company (say like IBM or Google) doing business in Venezuela reported this in their financial statements?
    07-04-13 10:55 AM
    Does anyone understand why BlackBerry could not get payments from Venezuela? So BlackBerry provided a service yet unable to receive payments? Has any other company (say like IBM or Google) doing business in Venezuela reported this in their financial statements?
    Yes, many companies have reported this problem. The Venezuelan government is currently restricting the conversion of foreign currency. Big problem in oil and gas industry.
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    07-04-13 11:01 AM
    Hey Guys,

What was the reason given by FGL requiring your company to adopt BlackBerry? I assume it was a generic statement.
    07-04-13 11:05 AM
    07-04-13 11:06 AM
    07-04-13 11:06 AM

Venezuela is a key market for BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) and the currency restrictions have led to a 6 percent decline in Latin American revenue and a 10 cent per share reduction.

Blackberry requires that their carriers in the country pay in dollars which is leading to various logistical issues. “We have strong relationships in the region and are working to improve the cash flows in this government-controlled process,” Chief Financial Officer Brian Bidulka said.

Proctor & Gamble Co. (NYSE:PG) and Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) are both struggling with their earnings due to Venezuela’s currency restrictions, Bloomberg reports. This led Pfizer Inc. and Clorox Co. (NYSE:CLX) to say that earnings will continue to be impacted in the coming quarters.

As Venezuela’s currency — the bolivar — continues to weaken, companies with foreign headquarters are having difficulty trying to repatriate cash at the official exchange rate. Venezuela has devalued the bolivar five times in the past nine years and will attempt to weaken the bolivar again this year. According to analysts, Venezuela hopes to boost revenue and narrow the budget deficit.
    07-04-13 11:09 AM
    Yes someone from Venezuela posted I think in the "I support, I buy" thread about the whole currency issue. Don't hold me to it but it seems they have 2 currencies as big business/rich dudes bought all the original currency up and was selling it back to the Gov't at a increase, so the Gov't created a new currency and has put limits on its exchange and movement in/out of country. Again don't hold me to my generalization of the situation.
    Plus the guy that put those restrictions in place died a few weeks back so the country is freaking out over its currency and policies so they just locked everything monetary down.
    07-04-13 11:09 AM
    seems like alot of things are going bad in Venezuela on top of the dollar restriction, read this article and it seems like they have lost a bundle of the gold crash!
    Chavez
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-04-13 11:11 AM
    Does anyone think security really matters in terms of mobile communication SALES? Everyone knows Macs are less virus prone than PC's but that is not a significant negative on PC sales. With the advent of social media, is security that important to the general public?
    07-04-13 11:19 AM
    Does anyone think security really matters in terms of mobile communication SALES? Everyone knows Macs are less virus prone than PC's but that is not a significant negative on PC sales. With the advent of social media, is security that important to the general public?
    A very good point, I don't think it affect the general trend. However, for those who are more tech savvy, security is part of their decisions when buying a platform.
    07-04-13 11:32 AM
    Does anyone remember when Misek mentioned about a third party was hired to mass port apps over? Anyone still hear anything after that?
    07-04-13 11:33 AM
    To consumers I think they don't care.

If a high profile problem occurs on android or ios that may change.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 11:41 AM
    You are, already !
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    07-04-13 11:54 AM
    Only if you translate "security" by "privacy". Sounds a *little* trendy these days. All users are now discovering that their governments are illegally listening/reading their private conversations and by the extent, others could. In N.A there does not seem to have a lot of regulations regarding this, and even if there was, the patriot act could overtake them.
    In Europe in general, France in particular, there's a very important set of laws and rules that are set to protect individuals.

P.S: I for one am considering to start an enterprise to offer BES based services for SOHO (target1 : lawyers) and individuals ... but I need a lot of $$ to start this. And time ...
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-04-13 12:10 PM
    P.s: don't forget to vote, that's SSO for StockBerrians !
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-04-13 12:12 PM
    07-04-13 12:16 PM
535 ... 7891011 ...