OP, I totally agree. Don't know what I would do. If i wanted a competitors phone I would have bought one.
    06-20-13 11:45 AM
    Anyone else feel that way?

Posted via CB10
    Nope! I have no personal relationship with BlackBerry as an entity, only some of their devices, so it doesn't matter to me who owns the company as long as the devices stay just how I like them.......one thing I've learnt in my few months with CB is that people do get extremely emotional about the brand much more than the actual device........
    06-20-13 11:48 AM
    Whether BB gets bought out or not, my decisions would be based on whether they continue to push forward with BB10 or whether they stagnate like they did with BBOS.

If they continue to push forward and I like what they do, I continue to buy their products. If they stagnate or revert to BBOS mentality, I leave again.

Android is awesome and I like what I see happening with Apple.
    06-20-13 11:51 AM
    I haven�t heard of this rumour. Who is rumoured to buy Blackberry?
    06-20-13 12:52 PM
    If anyone were to buy BlackBerry, it would change a thing for me. At most, they would probably start putting keyboard devices with android, which of course google has wanted for some time now.
    06-21-13 10:58 PM
    The only company that is allowed to buy BlackBerry is Sony....

Because they make awesome phones!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    06-22-13 05:32 AM
    If they don't change QNX to BlackBerry.......!!!!!!!!!

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    06-22-13 07:17 PM
    The only company that is allowed to buy BlackBerry is Sony....

Because they make awesome phones!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    Microsoft just walked away from buying Nokia. At a 5th the price, they could own Blackberry. Just sayin'
    06-22-13 07:47 PM
    Not really news or rumour. Just a quite short-sighted opinion. I doubt they will be bought out in the next year and if they keep posting such positive results, I would not be concerned.
    06-22-13 07:49 PM
    Microsoft just walked away from buying Nokia. At a 5th the price, they could own Blackberry. Just sayin'
    But BlackBerry already showed Microsoft the door when they came calling trying to get them to switch to Windows Phone last year. BlackBerry got the same offer Nokia did, but BlackBerry decided to push forward with their QNX strategy which if BlackBerry 10 catches on will generate much more value long term for shareholders vs becoming an OEM using some one else's platform.

BlackBerry is looking to become the next Apple or Microsoft, not be bought out by either of them.
    06-22-13 10:07 PM
    As long as BB10 lives on and is given proper respect. If they're treated the way Palm was by HP then I don't know what I would do as I don't care for Google, Apple, or Microsoft.

The only company that could probably make a purchase would be Lenovo as I don't think Sony could in it's current position. I don't know who else would be interested.
    06-22-13 10:18 PM
    But BlackBerry already showed Microsoft the door when they came calling trying to get them to switch to Windows Phone last year. BlackBerry got the same offer Nokia did, but BlackBerry decided to push forward with their QNX strategy which if BlackBerry 10 catches on will generate much more value long term for shareholders vs becoming an OEM using some one else's platform.

BlackBerry is looking to become the next Apple or Microsoft, not be bought out by either of them.
    Yes, that was a friendly offer. Nothing says the next one has to be friendly.
    06-23-13 01:05 AM
37 12