Huge position of the Jan '16 calls bought when the stock was trading at $7.10/share. Several positions of '15 long-tern calls.
    11-10-14 02:27 PM
    Does nothing for BlackBerry, you want to support BlackBerry...... BUY, BUY, BUY products!

But hope it works out for you!
    11-10-14 02:45 PM
    I have...2 Z10, 1 Q10 and 1 Passport. I believe in OS10 post version 10.3, the hardware post Passport, the enterprise strategy post BES12, QNX and the IoT. What more do you want?
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-10-14 02:58 PM
    BTW, I believe in Chen's acquisition, partnership strategy and particularly China and U.S. (non-carrier).
    11-10-14 03:02 PM
    He was in Beijing yday meeting the heads of Xiaomi Corp. and Lenovo Group Ltd, which drove the stock higher by 5.13% today. He is hitting all the right buttons.
    And then it will fall again.... hitting the right buttons would be getting above $12 and staying there. Bouncing between $8 - $12 is pretty much common for BlackBerry and little knee jerk reactions to good or bad news.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    11-11-14 01:02 PM
    Huge position of the Jan '16 calls bought when the stock was trading at $7.10/share. Several positions of '15 long-tern calls.
    Just came across this thread now. I remember those call options. I believe they were just around $1 each back then. Very nice play.
    11-16-14 12:10 AM
    Just came across this thread now. I remember those call options. I believe they were just around $1 each back then. Very nice play.
    what are they trading at now?
    I'm a long holder of bbry shares and I like the recovery of my investment this year. but I'm still in the red. not too worried though. stock is priced at going out of business levels. I think they will pull through.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    11-16-14 08:07 PM
    The Jan 2016 12 calls were selling for a bit over $1 this summer, back when BBRY was in the low $7 range.

Today those calls are bidding at $2.10 but it ran up past the $2.50 mark a few times over the course of the past 6 months.
    11-16-14 09:57 PM
    Could also be a hedge for someone who owns a really large block of shares.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:06 PM
    And then it will fall again.... hitting the right buttons would be getting above $12 and staying there. Bouncing between $8 - $12 is pretty much common for BlackBerry and little knee jerk reactions to good or bad news.
    You might want to plot the long term moving average. It will tell you that the stock has been consistently appreciating with time. That is a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 09:49 PM
    Shares are down -3.7% premarket on the news that Morgan Stanley analyst James Faucette cut the stock to underweight from equalweight. Price target is $7, same as the previous base case. He feels market is too optimisitic on the stock, doesn't think they'll meet target for new software revenue in FY16, doesn't think they sell 10m device units in FY16 (needed for operating margin breakeven).

Average price target 9.71 now....stock could be in trouble.

They report earnings Dec 19th for fiscal 3Q15, with the Classic being released on Dec 17th, there won't be enough time to extract meaningful revenue expectation to include in forecasts for 4Q15, meaning that analysts are having to make a best-guess what rest of fiscal 2015 looks like with the company:
    - Just now releasing BES12
    - Classic launch 1 month later than announced much earlier in the year (this cluster is equivalent to the comany missing guidance).
    - Passport sales muted due to carrier exclusivity, still not "officially launched" on AT&T.
    Guess is pretty much all that anyone can do with BlackBerry.

BlackBerry has a LOT of opportunities that could catch the wind and take them soaring.... or just as likely let them glide a little before plummeting to the rocks below. Chen has done a great job keeping things positive and hopeful (just not informative), the longer he can do that the better their chances that something will work are.
    11-19-14 09:07 AM
    You might want to plot the long term moving average. It will tell you that the stock has been consistently appreciating with time. That is a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    That depends on your version of "long-term", doesn't it?

All time:
    I Support BlackBerry and I Buy Long-term Calls!-bbry-all.png

Or 5 years:

I Support BlackBerry and I Buy Long-term Calls!-bbry-5-yrs.png

Jus' sayin'.
    early2bed likes this.
    11-19-14 12:27 PM
    - Just now releasing BES12
    - Classic launch 1 month later than announced much earlier in the year (this cluster is equivalent to the comany missing guidance).
    - Passport sales muted due to carrier exclusivity, still not "officially launched" on AT&T.
    He did mention that there are 5.1 million users for BES.... up from 3.4million. So Chen's expectation to double revenue sounds possible. Chen seems to have a very conservative approach when estimating his revenue. Under promise, over deliver.

Do you think a part of the Classic delay is due to the fact that PP sales have done so well, enough to generate a good revenue for handsets and to apply towards their numbers on their next earnings report?

And save the Classic revenue sales towards the following Quarter earnings?

Spread the wealth a bit, until softrware sales get traction?
    11-19-14 12:27 PM
    Since Morgan's a CMT prob has more insight than me, but most chartists I know look at 50, 100 and 200 day moving averages, with buy/sell signs looking when one of these crosses the other, called a MACD study, which was developed by Gerald Appel looking at a security's underlying price trend, and says that speculative forces tend to "test" this trend at times, and MACD measures a trending indicator and an oscillator to identify turning points in a trend, and the level of that signal determines how strong the reading is.
    I'd feel more confident rolling some chicken bones than using a chart to decide on a stock.

All signs for BBRY currently are somewhat favorable. But it jumps through the roof on some BS speculation about Lenovo, then tanks on even less. Whether the stock is being manipulated is beyond my purview, but I wouldn't touch this dog again using your money.
    11-19-14 05:39 PM
    Sure

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-19-14 10:00 PM
    So boys n girls...looking at March 14.00 calls...over optimistic?

11-20-14 06:42 PM
    He did mention that there are 5.1 million users for BES.... up from 3.4million. So Chen's expectation to double revenue sounds possible. Chen seems to have a very conservative approach when estimating his revenue. Under promise, over deliver.

Do you think a part of the Classic delay is due to the fact that PP sales have done so well, enough to generate a good revenue for handsets and to apply towards their numbers on their next earnings report?

And save the Classic revenue sales towards the following Quarter earnings?

Spread the wealth a bit, until softrware sales get traction?
    He didn't say how much revenue they were making on them.... You can double your customers base pretty easily when you put your products on sale. But if you cut your price by 75% and double your user base.... you could still see less revenue in the short term. BES Licenses for $19 or for FREE are not making them any money. The question is how many of those get converted to a high level and thus more profitable licenses? How many become new device sales?

Don't see any correlation between the Passport Sales and the Classic, as Foxconn is building the Classic. The delay is most likely the same one they have always had... the software isn't ready. Because even if the Passport were a huge short term sales success, Chen would have loved to have any additional revenues he could have squeezes out of Classic sales to improve on those numbers.
    11-21-14 09:38 AM
    So boys n girls...looking at March 14.00 calls...over optimistic?

I think you should sell the car, the house, and everything else you own and invest it all. Heck, take out some loans too. I mean, if you REALLY believe.
    11-21-14 09:49 AM
    I think you should sell the car, the house, and everything else you own and invest it all. Heck, take out some loans too. I mean, if you REALLY believe.
    That's what I love about this place...helpful well intentioned folks everywhere. You kick puppies for laughs too?

11-21-14 09:55 AM
    That's what I love about this place...helpful well intentioned folks everywhere. You kick puppies for laughs too?

You dish it out Shane, you have to take it. It's how the big boy world works.
    11-21-14 10:00 AM
    You dish it out Shane, you have to take it. It's how the big boy world works.
    Hmm...52 years on this earth and never knew that, but, seeing as that's how it works please remind the class why you're so jaded towards BB?

11-21-14 10:45 AM
    Hmm...52 years on this earth and never knew that, but, seeing as that's how it works please remind the class why you're so jaded towards BB?

Bought at ~$14, sold at ~$11. Now, I'm jaded towards BBRY, not BB.
    11-21-14 10:56 AM
    I'd say buying calls is optimistic given that the stock price going forward is largely going to depend on service revenue which practically nobody on this forum has any clue about. It may be legitimate to speculate, here, whether devices will sell or not because there is plenty of smartphone expertise here. However, the service revenue? People here aren't the ones to ask.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    11-21-14 11:25 AM
    Bought at ~$14, sold at ~$11. Now, I'm jaded towards BBRY, not BB.
    Sorry sir, never fun on the down side. Thx for your service too BTW.

m1a1mg likes this.
    11-21-14 01:55 PM