Just a emotional support thread for shareholders....

I'm totally prepared to lose my $100+ k now... mental preparation... I know it is kinda my own fault/bad investment etc. but I guess now I just need to, get some emotional support from others in the same boat!

Pls keep b!tching about the management to other threads. I guess this is just gonna be a sad sad thread.
    milo53 and bobauckland like this.
    09-27-13 04:02 AM
    Sorry; stinks. "It's only money" - easy to say when it isn't my money.
    Remember not to fall in love with a company again.
    09-27-13 04:25 AM

I'm totally prepared to lose my $100+ k now... mental preparation... I know it is kinda my own fault/bad investment etc. but I guess now I just need to, get some emotional support from others in the same boat!
    I'm not a shareholder but I wanted to say that many of us feel badly for your losses.

Please try to remember that aside from other people like your family and friends, the #1 most important thing is your health. I've been around people who have chronic health issues and I wouldn't take $100K or $1MM if it meant enduring that type of problem.

Don't let this eat away at you. If you try really hard and study the markets and trade actively, you can make the money back in 5 years with a $25K stack.

You'll look back one day, and maybe not laugh, but you won't be feeling that hole in your stomach that you're probably feeling now.
    Last edited by mset; 09-27-13 at 04:53 AM.
    09-27-13 04:29 AM
    As in NJ's signature: Thorsten Heins: "We have a clear shot at being the No. 3 platform in the market" - 09/25/2012

This says it all for me.

I admit that loyalty (past) caused me to make some bad choices, here. Not one time but three times. $60k is a lot of money for me, but I can live without it.

I wish all good luck and hope we all have learned a lesson.
    bobauckland likes this.
    09-27-13 04:50 AM

Pls keep b!tching about the management to other threads. I guess this is just gonna be a sad sad thread.
    As I said on the other thread, there is a chance that people like me are wrong and you could see some light from a second bid so good luck!
    fedakd, cjcampbell and bobauckland like this.
    09-27-13 05:09 AM
    So right now I'm hoping it holds around $8 and we get $9 or higher. After that I wish BBRY all the best. I truly believe in the products and technologies. I'm only 20k down on my 100k stake. I'll probably end up loosing on this but it's been quite a journey. Main lesson is not fall in love with a company.

At this point Perm offer and commitment are the only reason why I'm not cutting my losses. I know there's a chance it'll go down to $6-7 for a reason only God knows and a few other people. But I'm too committed now and can't find the willpower to sell. So let it be...

Until then may some luck be with us
    09-27-13 05:42 AM
    Ah! Market actually went up with the news...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:51 PM
    i exited the market today. just don't want to take any more speculation risk on this stock. i entered for long, 3 years ago when it was still at $55 before the launch of playbook. good thing i didn't have confidence in tech stock and didn't buy much. but well, i guess holding on and didn't cut my loss was a stupid decision as well, something i don't want to make this time haha. i think for those of us who get burned, it teach us a valuable lesson, and the loss incurred is the tuition that we have to pay for. cheers
    09-27-13 10:36 PM
    Why don't you just wait for the $9 buy out?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 10:53 PM
    because if it flops we may never see this level again. besides this is a loss that i can take, and i just wanted to get over it. hopefully all is good for u guys who shouldered on, and the BBRY get some other bids that can hopefully bump up the stock price.
    09-27-13 11:03 PM
    what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.
    09-27-13 11:24 PM
    Man, 100k.... that's rough. Hopefully it doesn't make too drastic change in your life.

Remember not to fall in love with a company again.
    This is the key. Emotions shouldn't play a factor when it comes to money.
    Unfortunately I've read of many here who let their hearts convince them to buy even as the price dropped further when things were looking bad.
    09-27-13 11:27 PM
    I guess it is not just the heart but sometimes it is about taking risks. Outlook looked good for the company and it felt like there was a good potential. Usually by the time something gets too big the public had already reacted.

Last Dec it really looked like a good idea to buy!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:14 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have quite a bit invested in BlackBerry. I saw it as a value play because the stock price was low compared to book value, they had plenty of cash on hand and no debt. Bb10 is such a great product. I was not expecting it to be the next apple. I told myself that BlackBerry just has to have mediocre sales and I would make money on my investment. It seemed like such sound reasoning.

I still believe that BlackBerry could become a mediocre company and that there is still a chances for recovery as long as management can start to execute.

I'm not happy with watsa taking away all our shares. Privatization is not the answer, proper execution and accountability of the management is the key.

The board needs to be accountable to shareholders instead of canceling conference calls and hiding.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:16 AM
    I agree. Privatisation is not going to help. It is the management. They need to be more open and allow more ideas to be executed. The BBM desktop is one good example. Why spend so much time and resources developing it "as an example?!" I wish they have given themselves more time to recover so that we can get back our share value!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 01:04 AM