If not posted already, Misek gives inside on this research.

BNN Video Player
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-13-13 07:58 PM
    interesting segment. Especially the last comment about BB going all software an no hardware
    06-13-13 08:17 PM
    interesting segment. Especially the last comment about BB going all software an no hardware
    agree, i personally can't see this happening. QNX is really their software side, there is some potential in BB10 right now but it still has places were it can be improved. i see BlackBerry using their services and QNX software to extend their reach but if their margins keep going the way they are with the Z10 and Q10 i can't see them wanting to drop a sector that is yielding 35-40% margins, even if it is only on the corperate end of the market. this is still an area where BlackBerry has a big advantage, and their products have a lot of brand loyalty and recoginition.

we'll eventually see what happens but i don't see them getting away from the hardware game
    06-13-13 09:31 PM
    Meaningless. If anyone can predict the future, I will give them all my money to invest.
    jrwb6e and Dapper37 like this.
    06-13-13 09:33 PM
    Meaningless. If anyone can predict the future, I will give them all my money to invest.
    Or bet on sporting events

Posted via CB10
    jrwb6e likes this.
    06-13-13 09:45 PM
    In the long run, software will rule the world as the differences and improvements of hardware level off. Blackberry is the only company with software in the long-run and hardware in the short-run. For the next year, they will make more money in hardware. after that, more money will come from software.
    06-13-13 10:30 PM
    Completely agree with Peter on BES10 . It is a break through product..unmatched and unparalleled features...On hardware I think he is mostly right...i don't see BBRY being a major player just because margins will collapse and BBRY will not play a low margin device game unless they do something amazing with QNX on smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 11:57 PM
    They would license all low end device to Lenevo or someone and license the OS. But they would keep high - mid range presence.
    Thier game is outside of smartphones and into Internet of things

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:01 AM