Would be interesting to know how many BlackBerry share holders have and are using BlackBerry as their primary phones?
    05-21-18 08:05 PM
    You'd need to mail out a survey to them. Those on here I'm willing to bet, would overwhelmingly be users.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-21-18 08:12 PM
    I have some and do not use a bb phone.
    05-22-18 01:01 AM
    I have a lot and have a K2.
    02-26-19 06:18 PM
    I'm still holding on and use a KEY2.
    03-01-19 10:36 PM
    Me and my key2LE atomic:-)
    03-01-19 11:00 PM
    Would be interesting to know how many BlackBerry share holders have and are using BlackBerry as their primary phones?
    Still using a Passport and find it does the job I need. However, I have a friend that just got a new large Samsung with the clarity of the display and fluidity of the navigation seems pretty slick. I think the onboard BB browser is pretty bad and is really showing its age. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of other features but you don't know what you don't know.

As a stock investor I find it somewhat comical that even amongst the most ardent BB supporters (shareholders and commentators) there is still an OCD-like tendency to view BB's success (or failure) thru the lens of devices.

Of course BB does still make or provide phones to a select group of highly secure customers in relatively small quantities, but clearly this is no longer their corporate focus.
    03-03-19 10:51 AM
    I have both a blackberry phone (have for eons) and shares and I wish I never bought either. both been disappointing.
    03-14-19 10:01 PM
    OP, why you need to know? at old BBRY days, majority of share owner are founders and large canadian banks (via mutual fund - just check how many mutual fund listed BBRY as part of their profoil). After chance of ownership, majority of owners included Fairfax like groups, plus employee ownership (including all the exes via stock program). Mutual fund holding reduced a lot. Few of us, like me are the group of die hard BB (like on this CB forum), love the tech and not sure make that much money on it - we do own the BB handsets - usually, multiple of them cross the various platforms. But as for voting power, I have no illusion to make that much difference to even get our voice heard - even you go to share holder meeting (many of us do not). The most funny things are the group on CB, praise BB regardless share price up or down... but do not own ANY BB share (may be hedge using options, but never own any... That is rather eye opening for me and currently take their opinion with a grain of salt... IMHO.
    03-15-19 09:29 AM
    The most funny things are the group on CB, praise BB regardless share price up or down... but do not own ANY BB share .
    If you mean those in THE stock tread... I think most own shares there. It's just the idea that noting negative should be discussed there. Or that buying stock somehow supports the company.... The successful ones there, are the ones that know when to sell the stock too.

Reality.... BlackBerry is no longer a smartphone manufacture, and the licensing "deal" has almost no impact on BlackBerry's share price at this point. As it's an almost unmeasurable portion of their revenues. And most successful investors don't get so attached to their investments that they can't let them go...
    03-15-19 10:05 AM
    agree, sentimental investing is a losser's game. however, fun to read annual report and see that "software only" mutual fund manager want to "fruitition" is tech history in the making - even after those mutual fund manager sold their BB share after the company followed their recommendation. Besides, I did holding Apple share before Jobs back to straight things up... just in case BB got Jobs event - at this point, down side the minimum... (except the CEO pay way out of wack... BB just like Fuji film, try everything until it gets right... but with CEO pay so high, don't look like they have chance to try too many things down to the road). With Apple privacy before 5G, BB software (patent) possibly the best short cut for droid (besides get a 3rd platform) for 5G.
    03-15-19 10:31 AM
    agree, sentimental investing is a losser's game. however, fun to read annual report and see that "software only" mutual fund manager want to "fruitition" is tech history in the making - even after those mutual fund manager sold their BB share after the company followed their recommendation. Besides, I did holding Apple share before Jobs back to straight things up... just in case BB got Jobs event - at this point, down side the minimum... (except the CEO pay way out of wack... BB just like Fuji film, try everything until it gets right... but with CEO pay so high, don't look like they have chance to try too many things down to the road). With Apple privacy before 5G, BB software (patent) possibly the best short cut for droid (besides get a 3rd platform) for 5G.
    I have to admit to some sentimental buying (BlackBerry and Disney).... but hard to ignore at $6 or $7 (BlackBerry was, not Disney). BB Stock has been very profitable for many, even ones in that tread... heck the all wise Morgan there does a lot of trading of the stock.

It's the ones like the original OP that bought back when it was $20, $18, $14 a share and only wanted to hold the stock in hopes of it one day hitting $100 (everyone was sure it would back in 2013). Some were able to average down over time and get out without too much of a loss... some bet the bank and lost big time, a few still hoping to see a return after all these years....

Right now I see BB Stock as a pretty safe "investment" that should see some good returns - short term and long term. But nothing to do with smartphones, if BBMo were a stock... I'd be shorting it right now.
    03-15-19 11:33 AM
    BlackBerry Passport SE & Z10

Posted via CB10
    02-25-20 10:37 AM
    Right now I see BB Stock as a pretty safe "investment" that should see some good returns - short term and long term. But nothing to do with smartphones, if BBMo were a stock... I'd be shorting it right now.
    See even I was WAY wrong on BlackBerry.... it's down almost 25%. I didn't realize how bad BlackBerry core Enterprise Security Software business was going. Cylance might fix that... or it might not.

Right about BBMo... as it's no more.
    techvisor likes this.
    02-25-20 02:01 PM
    I have both a blackberry phone (have for eons) and shares and I wish I never bought either. both been disappointing.
    Me too !

I still use the "much vaunted" Passport which is now pretty much an email and phone centric device. The internet is pretty much blocked to most sites and if one does works, it's the exception. It's the second one I've bought as the first one got the "emergency calls only" fault, rendering the phone useless.

As for the stock, I began buying in $60's and rode it all the way down to single digits. With my portfolio seriously underwater, I began buying and selling plus trickling more funds increasing the share count and reducing the break-even price.

All-in-all a very poor experience but might turn around if only the company would "rediscover itself" and start making some money. Clearly, a buyout is what will make this all end and hopefully a very generous one.
    02-26-20 09:49 AM
    Me too !

I still use the "much vaunted" Passport which is now pretty much an email and phone centric device. The internet is pretty much blocked to most sites and if one does works, it's the exception. It's the second one I've bought as the first one got the "emergency calls only" fault, rendering the phone useless.

As for the stock, I began buying in $60's and rode it all the way down to single digits. With my portfolio seriously underwater, I began buying and selling plus trickling more funds increasing the share count and reducing the break-even price.

All-in-all a very poor experience but might turn around if only the company would "rediscover itself" and start making some money. Clearly, a buyout is what will make this all end and hopefully a very generous one.
    Once they got out of hardware and out from it's mess... I taught a buyout might happen. But that was a couple years ago, at this point it's tough to see why anyone would want BlackBerry.
    02-26-20 02:04 PM
    I have around 15K shares and use Key2 Red with my other main phones.

Worst investment since 2012.. Still waiting for the turnaround.
    02-26-20 03:24 PM
    I have around 15K shares and use Key2 Red with my other main phones.

Worst investment since 2012.. Still waiting for the turnaround.
    But you supported BlackBerry.....
    02-26-20 03:38 PM
    But you supported BlackBerry.....
    Lol. I already forgot about this terrible investment, but this thread reminded me.
    Checking the stock app now... Still bad and bad. 😁
    02-26-20 04:06 PM
    Lol. I already forgot about this terrible investment, but this thread reminded me.
    Checking the stock app now... Still bad and bad. ������
    Write calls against your shares, a covered position...
    02-26-20 06:31 PM