Ich bin froh, BB10 ist kein Flop.

Ditto that.
    02-25-13 11:42 AM
    Anecdotally, I can confirm that BB has been hiring production workers through temp agencies lately and some staff that were let go last yer have been re-hired recently. Business at BB must be looking up.

TH remarked that he does not want to be in the $199 tablet market but does want a presence in the tablet space. That makes sense from a business perspective. Not sure if BB has determined the target market for a tablet beyond a vague premium pricing category.
    02-25-13 12:11 PM
    02-25-13 12:20 PM
    Saw the production line numbers did you?
    Those numbers come from Jeffries analyst Peter Misek. He reported before Christmas that RIM had ramped up production of BB10 devices from 500k/month to 1-2M/month.

Now, how much Misek can be trusted is anybody's guess. He's a long-time bear that has suddenly turned bullish.
    02-25-13 01:41 PM
    i am german,i tried to translate the article so that it makes sense.This is part of it........later more

Herr Heins,the Blackberry used to have the name "Crackberry",because people where adicted to them.
    Why is the Crackberry a "non-seller" now?

That is to general,for many customers there is still a Crackberry.But i have to admid especially in the United States
    we lost the Crackberry,compared to India and Indonesia where we are still very strong.We didn't adapt when the
    markets shifted from company to consumer.We where focused to long on security,batterylife and keyboard.

Now you are hoping for a comeback with smartphones running Blackberry 10.Some analysts say that the start of sales
    in England and Canada a few weeks ago are lackluster.

I have totally different informations and believe me we are watching the numbers every day.Our expectations
    where surpased and expectations where ambitious.Before we can give concrete numbers we want to watch how
    business is going a little longer.

There are asumptions that the Blackberrys in some stores where sold out,because there was limited stock.

Fact is,we where surprised by the very good response,but we upped production since then.

By how much?

I don"t want to say at the moment.But i can say that a significant and high percentage of the Blackberry 10 models are
    bought by new customers and former iphone and android owners.

The Apple iphone and models running google android are leading the market.Is there room for a third platform
    running Blackberry?

A dual position is never good for customers and providers who show great interest to work with us.

If there is room for a strong number three,why can it be Blackberry and not Microsoft with Windows Phone?

First,we still have a base 79 million subscribers.And we have something Microsoft Phone doesnt have,seperation of business and private data.
    That is something Microsoft cant do between "news and weather"

But isnt it also for you a bad sign that Microsoft despite great efforts and good critics has trouble getting ahead?

Not at all,because we are different from the others.The new models from Nokia with windows phone are not bad,but
    if you want to be different by using only a high quality camera,you wonder if that is enough to pull customers
    away from iphone and android.

What is the deciding difference of Blackberry 10 that will make users move to you in hordes?

The Blackberry hub,that lets all communication like emails and social network news come together at a central point and
    can be accesed with a swipe on the screen.Also,the new Blackberrys can change between applications easier.
    It works different from the Apple iphone where you always have to go back to the home screen.

But arent many Apple iphone useres used to that?

I agree,that with the new Blackberry you have to get used to the new way of doing things.Because of that we want to
    help users for example with youtube videos.

One of the most popular softwareapps Instagram arent available for Blackberry 10 yet.Doesnt that hinder your sucsess?

We started with 70.000 apps,wich is huge,but there will be 100.000 soon.By the way,the number of apps arent that
    important.But we are working hard to get the most important apps.
    Last edited by BeCool; 02-25-13 at 02:42 PM.
    02-25-13 02:24 PM
    I'm sorry, but anyone who would make financial decisions off a badly translated story that barely makes sense because it appears to have been run through a Swedish Chef dialectizer deserves to lose their shirt.

It was an entertaining read, but for the engrishisms.

Edit

That wasn't towards you, Becool... That wad the OP I was referring to.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 02-26-13 at 12:19 AM.
    02-25-13 07:11 PM
    Anecdotally, I can confirm that BB has been hiring production workers through temp agencies lately and some staff that were let go last yer have been re-hired recently. Business at BB must be looking up.

TH remarked that he does not want to be in the $199 tablet market but does want a presence in the tablet space. That makes sense from a business perspective. Not sure if BB has determined the target market for a tablet beyond a vague premium pricing category.
    lol no ones buying tablet over �$200 these phone makers need to get real when those next gen consoles hit mobile industry is taking a huge dive prpare for dead stock and fire sales.
    02-25-13 07:54 PM
    excellent translation BeCool! your effort is greatly appreciated.
    02-25-13 08:02 PM
58 123