04-08-13 04:40 PM
43 12
tools
    No matter how you cut it, the shareholders have gotten their *** handed to them by Mike, Jim and now Thorsten. They can revel and dance about BB 10 and we got so screwed and that shows in the confidence people have in BBRY. Stock prices do matter for confidence sake.
    04-02-13 03:23 PM
    yes, and so since the stock has doubled from its bottom, Blackberry is currently in an uptrend, for the record...
    04-02-13 03:25 PM
    No matter how you cut it, the shareholders have gotten their *** handed to them by Mike, Jim and now Thorsten. They can revel and dance about BB 10 and we got so screwed and that shows in the confidence people have in BBRY. Stock prices do matter for confidence sake.
    Im pretty invested with BB, not all(dumb), but def. well invested... So far, ive doubled everything Ive put into it. You must be mistaken, or bought at the wrong time.
    GTiLeo, peter9477 and Kid Vibe like this.
    04-02-13 03:28 PM
    ...because every other company's stock does perfect as CEOs get swapped around. And yes your right, in 15 months the stock is down .89 or 5.31%. (Which I dont think is that bad, tho the -22$ dive that aapl has taken in the last 6 months is almost the same percentage so not really sure)

Honestly anyone still holding stock should be happy they didnt sell it in Sept when it was around the 6$ mark. So I'd rather see it as once he got everything in line and his ducks in a row, the stock more than doubled from 6.19$ to 15.15$
    04-02-13 03:37 PM
    No offence, but the stocks look like they have stabilized over the past year..
    Heins: CEO for 15 months, stock down in that time. Lets keep facts right.-bbrystock.jpg
    (Also, this should have been in the BBRY stock forums...)
    04-02-13 03:37 PM
    Erm... So you're saying that a new CEO that starts at the worst time in company history should have been able to make an instantly positive difference?
    OK then...
    04-02-13 03:42 PM
    what a useless thread ..........
    cjcampbell, hpjrt, s0be and 4 others like this.
    04-02-13 03:44 PM
    Yes, let's keep our facts right (or straight, as the REAL saying goes)...

The first 6-9 months of Heins tenure can easily be attributed to the residual effects of Dumb and Dumber's reign...what then, has the stock done in the 6-9 months since that initial transition period? (I'll let you run the numbers, since I was always taught that one tends to learn lessons more effectively by doing the legwork themselves, rather than having the answers spoon-fed to them)

Common sense FTW...
    04-02-13 03:50 PM
    The fact that you equate the worth of a company entirely with its stock price tells me everything i need to know.
    04-02-13 03:59 PM
    Thumb down...boooo

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 04:04 PM
    Hint for the OP: when trying to analyze something, it's best to use all the data available, instead of just the two endpoints on the graph. Take a look at what happened before and in between those two points, and you'll get a totally different picture. In this case, a really good one.
    04-02-13 04:13 PM
    No debt. Turned the company black when "The Street" was expecting millions in losses. Revamped the management structure and cut many jobs to streamline on the core capabilities.

I wish I had more shares brother.
    04-02-13 04:18 PM
    I say if the old two were still on the rudder, BBRY/RIM would be history by now for sure with their late attitude.
    04-02-13 04:22 PM
    RIM was on a rapid decline into the sewage system......
    ...Thor applied the brakes and is attempting to steer the ship away from the dung hole.
    ...I would say so far he's doing an excellent job of that.
    04-02-13 04:26 PM
    Let's keep things straight. This thread is trash

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 04:29 PM
    Y
    The first 6-9 months of Heins tenure can easily be attributed to the residual effects of Dumb and Dumber's reign
    Mike and Jim made a $19 billion dollar company from nothing. What does your resume have that compares?
    04-02-13 06:29 PM
    yes, and so since the stock has doubled from its bottom, Blackberry is currently in an uptrend, for the record...
    Loving it too that the uptrend is killing the shorts. Love it. You should have seen all the hate threads coming on here the two days leading to results, and the intense bashing on results day. The stock price yo-yo-ed 9%.

A poll with analysts expected BBRY to bring in another quarter loss. They are now in the black.

Keep every Z10 purchase coming. It's just launched in Thailand. That's another country. See next quarter's results.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-02-13 06:37 PM
    Mike and Jim made a $19 billion dollar company from nothing. What does your resume have that compares?
    That is a correct statement, however they also managed to ride the whole into the ground as well.
    They were smart enough to build a 19 Billion Dollar company, yet not smart enough to know when to stop being arrogant and get of the high horse and think about the future.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:39 PM
    That is a correct statement, however they also managed to ride the whole into the ground as well.
    They were smart enough to build a 19 Billion Dollar company, yet not smart enough to know when to stop being arrogant and get of the high horse and think about the future.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, this is so true.

But it's all in the past now.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:41 PM
    04-03-13 05:59 AM
    You're kidding, right? You realize these two are the laughing stocks of the wealthiest circles in the world...there are ZERO excuses for turning dust into gold, then into coal. They left RIM/BBRY in shambles for Thor to pick up the pieces, which is exactly what he is doing...in 3-5 years, BBRY and Heins will have their own chapters in history, economics, and business text books.

And to address your personal 'attack' - you probably should know who you're talking about/to before calling them out on the rug...while my resume may not reflect billions of dollars, I've served 4 combat deployments with 1,000+ flying hours and multiple medals and commendations. I'll take a decorated war veteran over a has-been businessman any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    04-03-13 09:15 AM
    You sir deserve a slap to the face

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    The point remains - they built a $19 billion company from zilch and their intelligence is being questions? Hindsight is 20-20 and errors are a fact of humanity. Regardless, I'm doubtful that many of their naysayers can ever claim to the same degree of success that they had.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-03-13 05:46 PM
    You sir deserve a slap to the face

Posted via CB10
    why i'm flabbergasted....discombobulated....why i never....i never....I say...I say....

lol
    04-03-13 05:48 PM
    You're kidding, right? You realize these two are the laughing stocks of the wealthiest circles in the world
    Frequent the wealthiest circles in the world, do you?

And to address your personal 'attack'
    The reason was very simple: You made nasty personal attacks and, no - you don't anything that compares in business.

I have much respect for veterans in any war (several friends in Canada and the US have risked their lives to serve overseas) and you have my respect for that. But you making piddling insults about the business skills of two people who made a nearly $20 billion company from nothing? Not so much ...
    dusdal likes this.
    04-03-13 05:49 PM
43 12