05-15-14 05:26 PM
    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Copy/Paste of Articles - Blatant copy/paste of articles from outside sources with no additional commentary is strictly prohibited. Failure to include your own original thoughts or relevant feedback is discouraged. Blatant copy/paste offenders will receive a warning or infraction.
    05-15-14 05:31 PM
    Thanks for the article man! Yes, and I agree that's great news.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 05:50 PM
    Isn't this like amazing news? Why isn't this post getting more talk?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10.
    05-16-14 02:19 AM

Copy/Paste of Articles - Blatant copy/paste of articles from outside sources with no additional commentary is strictly prohibited. Failure to include your own original thoughts or relevant feedback is discouraged. Blatant copy/paste offenders will receive a warning or infraction.
    Jesus christ, the man is just trying to share the news. He's even helping out the site by making us click the article.

I would gladly take the warning for him. Others post articles all the time, and this is the first time I've seen this.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 02:52 AM
    Jesus christ, the man is just trying to share the news. He's even helping out the site by making us click the article.

I would gladly take the warning for him. Others post articles all the time, and this is the first time I've seen this.

It's apparently a fairly new rule.

And I don't see how you think clicking a link to go to an external competitor's website would "help the site". I mean, that's kind of funny.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-16-14 03:02 AM
    Because it still leads you to their site which could lead to you clicking.on random crap they might sell or get paid for people clicking on it. Rather simple logic actually.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 03:17 AM
    It's apparently a fairly new rule.

And I don't see how you think clicking a link to go to an external competitor's website would "help the site". I mean, that's kind of funny.
    I didn't know berryflow is a competitor website to Crackberry. Is it the same with N4BB?

What I mean is that it draws clicks and traffic for that articles. I've been on some forums where they would post the whole article in the thread. If people like the author, they would click it and help he/she draw in readers. When they don't like the author of a certain article, they would just read it within the thread. Not helping that author out.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 03:20 AM
    ye MOD, take it easy! it's friday!
    05-16-14 03:28 AM
    I didn't know berryflow is a competitor website to Crackberry. Is it the same with N4BB?

Of course. They are both blogs that focus on BlackBerry. And in the case of N4BB, they have a forums section as well.

What I mean is that it draws clicks and traffic for that articles.

LOL. What do you suppose the chances are that CrackBerry/Mobile Nations has an agreement to get money to send their customers over to a competitor's site?

That's sorta like making a noose and then putting it around your own neck.

I've been on some forums where they would post the whole article in the thread. If people like the author, they would click it and help he/she draw in readers. When they don't like the author of a certain article, they would just read it within the thread. Not helping that author out.

Outside of the fact that that is generally a copyright violation, it's not exactly very bright to use your competitor's material to "draw in readers". Because in reality what you are doing is introducing people to your competitors and encouraging them to go read that stuff at the original source and stop going to your own site.
    05-16-14 05:11 AM
    Take it easy. It's a rule. I know, most people ignore rules these days or think they don't apply to them. PK is just pointing out that OP needs to add a thought about the link. Not just drop and run.
    moody, Carjackd and Omnitech like this.
    05-16-14 07:09 AM
    Take it easy. It's a rule. I know, most people ignore rules these days or think they don't apply to them. PK is just pointing out that OP needs to add a thought about the link. Not just drop and run.
    Yes this is the point! You need to add your own thoughts to the post and NOT just drop a link and run. The deal with other site links is that they are ok provided the content does not already exist at CB, in which case you should use the CB link. If there is no CB blog or there then you can post the other site's link.

Please be mindful of the OTHER site's rules also. Some don't like their links being share, or they have certain rules about can and can not be copied. For example often you can copy portions of the blog but not the entire blog, or you are required to credit the source.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-16-14 06:07 PM
    05-16-14 06:39 PM
    [video]http://global3.memecdn.com/oh-****-its-the-police_o_383406.gif[/url]

Can you/how do you post gifs on here?
    You would use VB tagging that is and do this without the spacing I will use so that it will show up here [ img ] http://etc here [ /img ] and of course you would use no spacing when you do it, and do use links with filtered words inside either as the words will get filtered and mess up the link also as was done to the link you posted.

And PS note this rule from our Community Rules......

Disruptive Posting - Posting of text, images or videos that have no relevance to the topic of the thread. This is different than the 'taking threads off topic' infraction, as disruptive posting is done with inflamatory intentions in mind.

05-16-14 06:48 PM
    Wow Crackberry is getting kinda weird

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-16-14 06:50 PM
    Wow Crackberry is getting kinda weird

Posted via CB10
    Rules are rules.

Posted via my Kick @ss Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-16-14 06:56 PM
    Mod is targeting the Op. Op didn't add some credentials from the original site of the link he grabbed from. He just pasted it... and there is no original commentary from the op. The guys/author of the original link can complain about this.

Thats what they're trying to avoid.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for sharing though.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 03:22 AM
    Indeed, then that wouldn't be the kind of shares they had in mind. Also in case of inflammatory there are medications that can be sought out to take the swelling down
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-17-14 03:29 AM

Please be mindful of the OTHER site's rules also. Some don't like their links being share, or they have certain rules about can and can not be copied. For example often you can copy portions of the blog but not the entire blog, or you are required to credit the source.
    I have never come across a single main stream site that allow you to copy ALL of a post, never.
    05-17-14 10:22 AM
    So this went from a good news thread, to a rule discussing one?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 11:27 AM
    Question is, did I take the hit for OP post?

He's a new user, and I would like him to get more chances on the board.
    05-17-14 05:15 PM
    Question is, did I take the hit for OP post?

He's a new user, and I would like him to get more chances on the board.
    He's fine. . I was just reminding him for next time.
    05-17-14 07:59 PM
    Came here to read about good news for BlackBerry and a forum rules debate broke out.
    05-17-14 10:01 PM

Technically he did add his opinion that it is good news for BlackBerry in his title. Many may just think this is business news and could be interpreted bad for BlackBerry. Good read tho, thanks for the article!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 10:27 PM
    Perhaps the OP can start a new thread and just delete this one

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    05-17-14 10:38 PM
26 12