For now BlackBerry is still very much in the game. Not over the hill yet, but has a good chance of re-establishing itself as a strong third player on the market. No need to break it up while still has that chance.
    05-08-13 02:53 PM
    But if a suitor came knocking on their door, BlackBerry would have to do its due diligence. I could see them posssibly breaking up (or branching off) before a complete sale or merger.
    05-08-13 03:00 PM
    Ok has anyone pointed out that IT IS NOT THE GLOBE AND MAIL SAYING THIS. IT IS SOME BS ANALYST.

Mike walkley or something. Someone posted his track record. He's right 49% of the time. That is bloody well less than flipping a coin.

Posted via CB10
    He's almost as good as Smooth Jimmy Apollo.
    05-08-13 03:07 PM
    But if a suitor came knocking on their door, BlackBerry would have to do its due diligence. I could see them posssibly breaking up (or branching off) before a complete sale or merger.
    Let me just say one more time not gonna happen
    05-08-13 03:14 PM
    I can't see anything like that happening until after BB10 arrives for the PlayBook
    Yes, I agree with you... I also think they will never sell...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:14 PM
    What about analrapist?
    What is that like an analyst and a therapist combined? Seems like some of these "analysts" could use some therapy.
    05-08-13 03:15 PM
    Love the Arrested Development reference! Tobias Funke was the best.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:22 PM
    Thor has said no to that in multiple interviews since the Z10 sales started taking off world wide.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    05-08-13 03:25 PM
    What analyst did they quote? I don't want to give them a click for such poor reporting.

Which brings up the point of "What is reporting"
    Used to be digging around, obtaining sources, verifying sources statements with independent secondary sources...etc. Now its...copy n paste.

Posted via CB10
    Walkley. Nothing really new in the article as it just reiterates his forecast reductions, etc...

Before reading the article, you can tell there's a 99% chance it is going to be Walkley, Faucette, or Brian Blair.
    05-08-13 05:15 PM
    Walkley. Nothing really new in the article as it just reiterates his forecast reductions, etc...

Before reading the article, you can tell there's a 99% chance it is going to be Walkley, Faucette, or Brian Blair.
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 07:48 PM
    I found a video that pretty much sums up that analyst's thoughts....

angieberry10 likes this.
    05-08-13 10:42 PM
    I found a picture that pretty much sums up this analysis credibility. Why the G&M continues to give these laim analysis any space is beyond me!

The Globe says Break It Up!-img_00000133.png

OP, stupid thread title. It's just an article, no need to bait everyone in!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 11:47 PM
    I SEE an Anal-Yst covering his "shorts"
    05-09-13 12:00 AM
    funny rebuttal of his comments on last week's article...

Michael Walkley – Funny Math Has Apple Samsung Capturing 103 Percent Of Profits
    By Ernie Varitimos On May 8, 2013 � 2 Comments

Michael Walkley, Managing Director, Canaccord

Where I come from, the whole thing is considered 100 percent, and if you have part of the whole, well then it’s something less than 100 percent. But there ain’t no way in hell that you can have more than actually exists, can you?
    Well according to the new math practiced by Michael Walkley of Canaccord Genuity the whole can add up to more than 100 percent. I guess they forgot the principal of division and percents we all learned in grammar school. The new funny match says if you had a loss, or negative profit, well that somehow gets added onto the companies that had positive profit. Huh?

If these analysts can be so loose with fundamental concepts such as the rules of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, then what other things do they fudge to suit the need of their message?

“Due to operating losses from smaller scale competitors trying to compete, Apple and Samsung’s combined share of industry profits have exceeded 100 percent in previous quarters,” Canaccord Genuity T. Michael Walkley said, according to AllThingsD. “While Apple and Samsung continue to dominate the share of industry profits, improving cost structures and results from other OEMs have reduced Apple and Samsung’s combined share to 100 percent from levels above 100 percent the past several quarters.”
    SOURCE
    05-09-13 08:48 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000133.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	159736

Posted via CB10
    Looking at his ratings, it is no wonder that he solicits at this well established firm of ill repute.
    05-09-13 08:02 PM
40 12